Guys...

Guys, I'm having a strange problem in my car: it randomly gets a rough as fuck idle (the gearstick vibrates) and loses power, after a while it goes back to normal. Any ideas?

needs a new spark belt for sure

You mean the timing belt?
BTW, forgot to mention it started happening some time after I loaded some fuel in a neighboring country

sounds like either timing, or old plugs/wires

I was memeing, is probably on it with the spark plugs. Pull em and check them out.

Start with plugs & wires, check your idle control valve, any check engine lights?

Also, remember that spark plug cables are consumable and wear out just like anything else.

>I was memeing
oh lol
I'll do that, thanks guys. Also no check engine lights.

Check the ect

crank shaft or cam shaft sensor

idle controll valve is dirty....

Could be the fuel filter if you put on fuel that might be filled with shit. Also depends on when you last changed it. EGR valve is also a good idea to check.

It's a manuel
ouch
It was on 1/4, I filled the tank with shitty fuel, when it was back to 1/4 it started giving me issues again. I filled to 3/4 with good fuel and then when it was back at 1/4 I loaded some premium fuel.

if it has a lot of miles you probably just need to clean the throttle body.

ect = engine coolant temp. Stop wasting money on premium gas unless it's required in the owner's manual.

it could be a vacuum leak.

Well I went to my mechanic and he told me to put some injector cleaner additive, let's see if it solves itself. I didn't pull the plugs out because I lack the necessary tools (it even has a cover with torx screws)

Seafom.

Here's what you do user.
>Put in fresh oem spark plugs
>Coil packs are going bad, replace all
If no coil packs, replace the spark plug leads with high quality ones like NGK, Bosch or whatever.

Check for fault codes. If there are any relating to mixture adaptation limits being reached then it's probably a fuel delivery issue. In that case check the pump (and filter as others have said).

An update guys: I found out that engine braking tends to trigger the issue. I've been driving on the highway for the last hour and it gave me the problem most often after stopping for the traffic lights.

Injector cleaner is a meme unless the car has literally never seen one in its life. The additives in fuel are more than enough to get rid of carbon buildup on the inside of an engine.

Typical additives prevent buildup. But nothing is very effective against existing deposits.

What about gunk buildup tho?