Honda Civic Trunk Space

/k/ crossposter here, can you fit long gun cases into a Civic trunk? I had a Camry and could get 3 into that trunk without much trouble.

Also any other compact car owners, can your trunk fit rifle cases?

You need a Crown Vic.

meh, mileage is too shitty

Just buy a hatchback, faggot.

The civic you have pictured is pretty big. You can kind of tell, look how tall the windows are. The trunk is decent size too, but the camry is really big trunk. The seats go down in the civic and I imagine you'd have a lot of room. Just take your case to a dealer or private owner and see if it fits.

Yes, absolutely.

Can we get a heads up in which school you go to?

Can you fit a gun case in a Crown Vic trunk? I've never tried and can't try now because my trunk is completely full of assorted shit, but I'm having a hard time picturing multiple full size long gun cases fitting despite what that user said in the pic.

Yes, the 7th gen Civics have deceptively HUGE trunk space. It will fit them assuming you aren't planning on bringing something like a PTRD or other anti-tank rifle to a range or whatever

How about 8th gen?

yes you can fit them in the trunk no problem. It's almost the whole width of the rear of the car.

do you have one already or are you looking to buy one?

Looking to buy

Might I suggest an RSX? It's literally a Civic with nicer """luxury""" options, but with a lift back hatch with rear seats that fold down. There's ungodly cargo space for a compact car.

just get a clean 7th. there are better cars for the money you'd spend on an 8th.

Is the "lol used car dealer" thing a meme?

I own that civic actually. You certainly can. You can also fold down the back seats to fit things much longer

Buy from a private owner. Stealerships turn the 3k civic into the 5k civic

Super high interest rates. And they mark up quite a bit. They detail the car, and call it a 28 point inspection. If a car looks clean aesthetically, the mind thinks it's good mechanically. Not always the case.

My Savage rifles fit in my girlfriends Fiesta trunk pretty good.

The newer ones got over 20mpg on the highway, and if you can afford an expensive hobby like guns why are you worried about gas prices?

Barring that, get a hatchback. You will cuck yourself with a civic.

t. have owned a panther and a civic

Why doesn't he get an RSX since it is a Civic and a hatch

Thoughts on Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe GT?

>suggests the most unreliable civic in its class
>timing belt

8th gen is better

I was gonna say..., wtf. I've heard the 2006-2008's have weak engine blocks, and aren't good for mods at all, but never about reliability. I knew a guy with a 2005 and needed the motor rebuilt.

Yes. You almost fit a standard Plano hard case in the "deep part" of the trunk. In reality it sits on the elevated parts close to the sides of the trunk.

hard cases. lol I throw my AR and ammo backpack in the back of the truck and off we go.

2005 is different from 2006-2008.

The R18 had a block issue that had a warranty extension to 120K miles I think. But only for 2006-2010 years if I'm not mistaken. The revised the bottom end toward the end of 2010.
When I used to work for Honda I only seen one civic get it's head gasket replaced under that warranty
Needless to say I would choose the 8th gen over the 7th gen anyway of the week because of updated interior and technology and also the introduction of the timing chain. Because fuck timing belts

oh and, God bless America anons

Thanks for the advice. With a budget of $12,000, what Civic coupe year would you get? Is 2006-2008 to be avoided? I don't fully understand the block issue. I hear 2012 is to be avoided, I don't know why. And then 2013 looks different

For 12K I'd try to get a 2012 if you can. You might be able to find a 2013 or 14 for that price as well. Their is absolutely no issues with 2012-2015 civics. They redid the I-VTEC system with the 9th gen as well as update the block with a stronger crank shaft and stronger pistons. I picked up 2015 civic in manual transmission 2 years ago for 18$K. I haven't had single issue with it and it has nearly 64K miles on it.

who the fuck taught the faggot in the white shirt to shoot

don't buy a civic for 12k. you can get a nice tsx for that price or lots of other interesting or nicer or faster cars. Stick to 3k.

He just built that receiver and was testing it out. It was just for a photo you autismo.

Had a 2006 2 door Si
Used to be able to fit my mosin, remington 1100, 10/22, and mini14 in the trunk and still had room for my ammo bags and other equipment

>7th gen better car than 8th gen for the money
lmao ok goy