Why exactly do you hate the Prius so much?

Why exactly do you hate the Prius so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G3EmtBZ4NJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Ugly
>Boring
>Slow
Is that enough?

It does the complete opposite of what people think it's for and it's ugly.

it looks like a toy / appliance

We literally had this thread yesterday.

The consensus was:
The car is fine, it's the obnoxious drivers who piss everyone off.

I miss my 2004 prius sometimes.

>when you have to turn down your music at stop lights because no engine/cabin noise
>that roomy interior with cubby holes all over the place
>dat 46mpg

;_; not as fun as a manual with the boring hybrid CVT but it was a comfy commuter that was dead reliable.

This: But it is also a cancer. Ever since the first prius, very other model of car has started to look similar, and it's disgusting.

I like them.
But im an adult.

>driven by casuals
like >who in their quest to save da uurf
>and achieve gud empeegees
>have literally created a 10,000 mile supply chain
>for a vehicle that is sub par to a base civic
>and, without fail
>speed and drive recklessly
>or do 10 under and brake check everyone
>doubly negating their dubious urrf saving claims
as bad as those smug vdub owners but their asses got smacked back to reality
that's not going to happen until exposes by the media
of prii battery landfills
so, ten years?

>doesnt know how to greentext
>makes assumptions
>sperges his autistic opinion
Wew

i dont, i almost purchased a used one for cheap as a DD.

>calls user autistic
>likes the prius
Which of you is the pot, and which the kettle?

I have yet to meet a single Prius driver who wasn't in it for the simplicity and fuel savings but cared about the earth/environment. Stereotypical Prius drivers are a meme.

Prius Plug-in owner here. As a DD, this thing has saved me so much money it's ridiculous. Of course it depends on your daily driving distance, but for me, I manage to get 99% of all my daily driving within the range of EV driving only. And as opposed to the regular Prius, this thing will accelerate fast enough on EV to keep up with traffic and will drive at up to 93 km/h before the ICE starts helping.
It's an easy as fuck car to drive, has tons of gadgets (LED drls, LED headlamps, radar cruise etc on a 2012!) and has an extremely roomy back seat which is impossible to find elsewhere on a semi-compact car (great for my daughter's reverse facing car seat).

I love driving fast and taking my IS through challenging mountain roads, on the track or on unpaved gravel roads, but for daily driving, that Prius is bliss.

Oh, and this is Norway, so fossil fuels are EXTREMELY expensive here, compared to electrical power (which we have a surplus of and 99% hydropower), thus saving money.

This. Those of them who are sanctimonious fucks can eat a googleplex of dicks. The car is an okay highschool and college dd.

>boring
>shit wonky as fuck interior
>Lexus CT exists

Literally no reason whatsoever to buy a Prius

>want a second gen Prius because cute looks and comfy dd
>they're all either with fucked up batteries or overhauled but overpriced

I get the that people dislike the Prius because it's boring, but where the hell did the "the Prius is worse for the enviroment than a normal car" meme come from? How many shekels is ExxonMobil paying people to say that? I'd love to get in on it

The car is made for people that hate cars.

Also
>no SS version
>no rally version

>Ugly

well user, you have to use energy to dig up all that metal, the shit they use for the batteries alone isnt environmentally friendly at all, then they have to refine it, manufacture all the parts, then ship the cars on diesel hugging boats and trucks all over the world. Then, in the bitter end, it doesnt really get that much better fuel economy than many small cars.

It would be better for the planet just to recycle an old gas hogging car.

Apart from the battery, all cars need to "dig up all that metal", refine it, manufacture the parts, ship the cars on diesel hugging boats and trucks all over the world.
They even have an extensive battery recycling program for the battery packs.
The study that "showed" the Prius was environmentally unclean compared to Hummers etc was debunked thoroughly several years ago by multiple parties.

Did this thing ever actually race? I remember seeing it advertised and then nothing.

Raced in some Dakar-ish multinational rally ONCE, I believe
youtube.com/watch?v=G3EmtBZ4NJQ

>Did this thing ever actually race?
It's got it's own series at Laguna Seca.

The first gen Prius had nice ergonomics. I liked the unobstructed driver view and the small instrument pod mounted center and far forward in the dashboard. The instruments being far forward means my eyes have to do less refocusing between the road and the gauges. Also rear view from the first gen is far superior to the 2nd and 3rd gen Prius - easier to see what's in back, fewer obstructions. The seats are slightly higher in the 1st gen, so the hip-point is higher making the seats more comfortable with joint problems, or low back problems.

What sucks is the inferior radio/cassette/CD that is highly integrated into the multifunction display/GPS unit. Also their aren't many 175/65R14 tires to choose from.

Unlike the very simple hybrid rear-wheel-assist designs (e.g. honda, gm,...) you cannot run the prius on the gas engine alone, so the prius must have a working hybrid battery, electric motor/generator, etc.., you can't just swap in a gas engine without completely replacing just about every system in the car.

I don't hate it, I just don't like it.

I don't hate the car itself, io hate the people who drive it.

The people who think Prius drivers are obnoxious are way more obnoxious, desu.

In my experience most of the drivers are shit or mentally challenged. Good thing there are very few of them after they are no longer carpool tagged.

Hah! That's a good rear end

This guy gives a great answer, but everyone else is busy being autistic and throwing memes at each other to reply.

You'll never know until you drive one. I'm not an edgy prius hater, I just honestly drove one and could not bear how intolerable its driving prowess was. Try it out! It'll make your grandmas corolla feel like satin.

"Driving prowess"? It's a goddamn Prius. It doesn't claim to be a "driver's car". Noone claims it is.
It's a highly efficient (for its size) A-B car that does magic mechanical and electrical trickery behind the scenes while being stupidly easy to drive.
I think it's so odd that you found it intolerable. I love driving as much as the next Veeky Forumstist, and I agree that the Prius is boring with regards to steering feedback, transmission, etc, but in no way do I find the Prius to be intolerable.