ITT : Cars you thought were cool as a kid but then you grew up and realised they're not cool but you still like despite...

ITT : Cars you thought were cool as a kid but then you grew up and realised they're not cool but you still like despite that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eoyBnuP0K9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah the GT One was a smegma filled foreskin.

had on in HS. Pretty cool 13 years ago.

I can't be the only one who more than dislikes the rear of this gen Celica? It's like they bakrupted right when the front design was finished.

I didn't even think these were cool as a kid because...

>fwd

For me though, the Plymouth Prowler.

I've never even seen one in the flesh (Ausfag), only had a Matchbox car of one, but I fucking loved the styling and even today think it's a great looking car.

>fwd
Jesus these were worse thsn I thought. But yeah I really liked them as a kid too

Used to think it was cool, but thought it was too bulky and went back to the 240SX

celica is a good 1st car i imagine

The Prowler looks much better without the front bumper desu

The celica GTS with the TRD package satisfies my inner ricer. Would own one, but wouldn't want it as say, my next car.
For me it was a dodge intrepid, simply because both of my parents had one when i was a kid

celica is not worth the insurance premium of a 2 door since it's not even a good looking 2 door

better to just go for a 4DR/5DR until 25+

>celica is not worth the insurance premium
Are insurances that high in the USA that you have to seriously take it into account?

I use to think these were cool until i realised they are poorly built and just all around terrible cars

mustangs

it still looks like ass.

the celica is FWD, not the prowler

Faggot

Modern Challengers. Everything is plastic bullshit, cars are lardass huge, but goddamn if it ain't the best-looking of the big 3 pony cars. And the Hellcat is like the embodiment of the American spirit.

Newest VW Passat is scratching the same itch

Used to think the CR-X was some sort of god machine. Although I'd still probably DD one if I had the chance.

i have one

>Just

It looks like a BMW 8-series killer. The only good things this car is good at are fuel consumption, aerodynamics and reliability (C20NE are damn reliable engines, fuck you if you say otherwise).

God I wish it was rwd, the wagon galant is event better

Pic related

There is nothing wrong with the Prelude.

Is it any good, I know someone who's selling his right now

Somewhat, insurance companies are fucking retarded. I pay less for insurance on my 2007 silverado 1500 than my friend does on his 2010 honda accord v6.

Hondas get stolen like a motherfucker, that's not unreasonable

As a dumb gook wanting a moderately sporty car for cheap I'm really eyeing the GT-S models... but I heard they have oil issues and if so I might as well get an RX-8.

I mean at least I know what I'm getting into with the RX-8

Why are they not cool? Cars are extremely subjective.

They're RWD.

No it doesn't.

no, the gallant is a huge steaming pile of shit

>Every post ITT

youtu.be/eoyBnuP0K9w

> Thought were cool
> Still like
> Thought were
> Still
Do you see what I'm getting at OP?

Pretty much anything American. Especially """"classics""""

This.

Pic related in this color was my dream car for the longest time

base model skylines. i still want one as a dd.
these are so sick

aw shit those look super cool

GT-S Celica is currently my dd.

Still pretty cool considering its 2500lbs and shares an engine with a damn Lotus.

Not the sports car it looks like but its on par with say, a Fiesta ST and a BRZ

Preludes are still sexy.

Are you me?

I personally hate muscle cars, but I do agree that the Challenger looks the nicest. Shame that it's heavy like a motherfucker. It weighs 200lbs less than a Odyssey

>chooses rx8 over gts for oil reasons
>mfw rx8 is notorious for drinking oil like a hippo drinking water

Nice logic retard

they also make you a negro apparently

I always like the general shape and the pop up lights of the 240SX when I was younger
I still like them now despite not being a super great car, but finding one in manual that is stock with intact interiors is impossible now when I finally have my license

I don't think you quite grasp the concept of what he said

Well I mean if I wanted an oil drinking POS might as well get a better one no?

what makes it shit

Challenger isn't a pony car.

my uncle had a ford capri which was a pretty cool thing in early 90's romania, I used to think they were on par with ferraris and porsches and so on

It is a god machine though

For some reason I thought these were the coolest shit out there

I wanted one since I was like 12, I'm graduating in a year so I can finally get a clean example for like 5k.

Always thought these were so cool looking.

Preludes will forever look great.

This post sponsored by Vape Nation

My cousins had this van and I loved taking long road trips with them in it. We'd listen to harry potter audiobooks and chill out in the back snacking and doing mad libs. Always thought my parents caravan was a shitter when this came rolling into town. It had 2 back doors! The middle row of seats turned around! Awesome.

only lesbian grandmas drive muscle cars around here
so i didnt get one

Don't talk shit about my T-Top Carfu

not when i was young but when i was ~16 and was looking at cars before i really got into cars i really liked how this gen of accord and civic coupe looked. i still think they're nice looking cars, but my tastes have moved on.

golf 2
we're a poor country

Ferrari 360, still the only Ferrari post 70's I'd buy if I was rich beyond belief

Nice choice of pic

Pigfat underpowered understeering fwd

I wouldn't drive one but Dodge Stealth. I love second gen Chargers and first gen Challengers and I viewed the stealth as the closest thing at the time until the new shitty "Charger" came out when I was a kid.

The 3rd gen prelude? Yeah those are pretty nice cars.

So you're like 15

Are you a lesbian? Because you talk like a lesbian.

Smokey and the bandit may or may not have something to do with it

I was so saddened to learn that it was more bark then bite, just like most of the cars out of the gas crisis

are those legal to drive without a mullet?

its supacharged

carmela this car is a tank

same

pretty much this

>mfw rx8 is notorious for drinking oil like a hippo drinking water

it's supposed to consume oil retard.

The 8V SOHC version had the lowest drag coefficient of any production car for a long time.

>lowest drag coefficient of any production car for a long time.
I beg to differ

its the edgiest car in the world.

I really liked muscle cars but that thirsty v8 is just not worth the fact that steering wheel and manual are optional extras. They're only good for drag racing and that's it.

72 or so corvette stingray, i love the design, halfway to muscle half way to sportscar. I learned the powertrain does jack compared to nowadays so if i can get my hands on one it'll get a powertrain swap for sure.

Dodge is debuting the SRT Demon in April. Announced as 200 lbs lighter than hellcat.
Also, dodge needs to stop cramming that thing into every damn vehicle they build. Before we know it, we'll have hellcat journeys..

First car hand-me-down will always have a special place in my heart

>stingray
>not cool
What

Vauxhall Calibra.
I thought it looked cool and radical, a genius from a family of retards. The car was basically a Vectra with a fancy body on it.

It's aged quite well though but it's like most 90's Vauxhalls; a bit naff really.

I saw so many of these with clear rear lights and fartcannons being driven around council estates by weed dealers.

Challenger concept was out in 2008-ish, that's almost 10 years ago.
OP might be like 18-20?