How do you avoid getting ripped off? I'm tired of getting ripped off everywhere

How do you avoid getting ripped off? I'm tired of getting ripped off everywhere

I'm sure if you look around online, you can find someone selling a book on how to avoid being ripped off.

This sounds more like a life problem than a biz problem. What exactly are you getting ripped off for?

Ask for a discount.

You stop loaning and making stupid impulse decisions. Evaluate if you are getting what you paid for, if not, don't be autistic and buy. I spent pretty much this entire last year getting ripped off by friends, strangers & family. Don't let it happen to you user

Underrated

>How do you avoid getting ripped off?

by doing labor.

take coffee for example. to buy a brewed cup is to be ripped off, to buy whole beans that you then grind then brew, using your own equipment represents labor and investment, but less cost over long term

By never making a decision in the moment and instead going home, researching, evaluating and planning before you make the final call.

you live in the united states too?

You're probably just paying too much for convenience.
It's the easiest way to rip people, because doing things themselves isn't even considered an option for most of them.

this. establish your own means of production.

ultimately living on a farm working the soil would be the highest form of this, but there would be other disadvantages obviously

kek

stop being a pussy then.

>take coffee for example. to buy a brewed cup is to be ripped off, to buy whole beans that you then grind then brew
Wow, how much of a poorfag do you have to be that your time is worth less than that of a coffeeshop employee?

Memer pls go.

Seriously. It's a disgusting country where prices never stop climbing and value never stops falling.

I think you're suppose to rip other people off more. You see? If you're ripping off 5 times more than you're getting ripped off you still come out ahead.

Money is money man. 5 dollars a workday is nearly $1200 a year. That could be better spent for lots of other stuff in my opinion.

Start by not working. Wagecucking while people make 2k per instagram post or playing videogames on their underwear is within itself a big rip off.

Killing yourself would be even better.
That way, evil society will never get the chance to screw you over.
It's win-win!

>taking a taxi home after a night out because it's too late to take the train
>driver is some arab guy, joking around like most taxi drivers do
>asks us about our night, some banter and we're all having a laugh
>arrive
>suddenly he's super serious
>"That would be 40 bucks."
>"It say 30 on your taximeter."
>"Yeah that thing is broken. 40 bucks."

Thought that guy was joking for a moment but he refused to let us out after we gave him 30. Fucking arabs I swear, greedier than a bloody dutchman

>NEET detected

You missed the point completely.

nigger, you should have paid him 30. like jesus christ, l2deal with shitskins, they have a barter mentality.

also, never heard of UBER or LYFT?

And you're being a prick. I know everyone on here is a successful multi millionaire day trader but even people who make great money can still be living payday to payday. My point is that those multiple $5-$10 a day purchase add up to some significant money that people don't account for when having money issues.

watch the dollars and the hundreds take care of themselves

Also for the vast majority of people it's easier to spend less money than it is to somehow start making more.

You're all still missing the point. My post wasn't about the value of a cup of coffee. It was about the time/value of the effort to make a cup of coffee.

Until you learn that these are two different things, you're all going to remain poorfags.

Have you made a pot of coffee before? It's really not that hard, takes maybe two minutes, can use whatever beans and shit you want, and is way cheaper.

Quit being such a tool thinking you are so above brewing some coffee. Go roleplay somewhere else kiddo.

A starcucks coffee costs $5 more and saves a minute of time so unless you are earning $300 an hour it is a frivolous waste. You don't even need coffee in the first place.

The basic idea is right, that is just a bad example.

>Have you made a pot of coffee before? It's really not that hard, takes maybe two minutes, can use whatever beans and shit you want, and is way cheaper.
Have you been to a Starbucks before? It's really not that hard, takes about a minute, can use whatever beans and shit they have, and saves me time which, because I'm not a poorfag, is worth way more than the goth-wannabe who makes my coffee.

>A starcucks coffee costs $5 more
Wrong.
>unless you are earning $300 an hour it is a frivolous waste
Wrong.
>You don't even need coffee in the first place
Fucking wrong.

Why do I even bother?

>Have you been to a Starbucks before? It's really not that hard, takes about a minute, can use whatever beans and shit they have, and saves me time which, because I'm not a poorfag, is worth way more than the goth-wannabe who makes my coffee.
Yes we get it user you are so impressive you earn more than a barista put your dick back in your undies big shot.

You're also forgetting that you have to a) drive there and b) odds are wait in line. At which point you could be actually drinking your coffee comfy at home for pennies on the dollar instead of going out your way for shit tier coffee.

Fuck off dude, making your own coffee > buying it at Plebbux. Unless you travel for a living it's not contest for %99 of people you dense motherfucker.

>you have to a) drive there
Unless its already on your way, or there's one at your work. But Starbucks are SO RARE that never happens, amirite?
>odds are wait in line
Assumptions.

>At which point you could be actually drinking your coffee comfy at home
And how much was the espresso machine that you bought to make the latte? How about the blender you bought to make the frappe? The syrups you bought to make the flavored drinks? The pastries you bought to enjoy with your drink?

I get that you're a poorfag, and that you're very militant the whole "Starbucks is Evil" spiel that you learned on reddit. That's fine for you and I'm sure its getting you lots and lots of pussy.

But the rest of us aren't NEETs and don't live in mommy's basement. So you'll forgive us if we're tired of you ranting that consumerism is bad just because you're too poor to afford it.

>latte
>syrups
>frappe
>pastries
Careful dude, you're monocle is getting ready to fall out.

You're full of assumptions just like you're full of syrup and pastries you fat fuck.

so what are the correct figures, einstein

How about you suck a big fat dick at your local starbucks you fucking idiot.

I spend less than a dollar on my black cup of coffee every damn day. Im talking free or 0.30cents. Youre dumbass wants to spend over 200 bucks on machinery you have to maintain and likely fix to make a damn cup of joe? Boi, get off this board

No, I'm not a man child or a middle aged woman who needs to turn coffee into a desert every morning.

>two people bitching about how they get their coffee

you're both poorfags if you are honestly going to whine about something so trivial. you can be frugal or not, so long as you are capable of making a positive return at the end of the quarter from your investments.

what's that you didn't?

then shut up and focus on the big picture.

get your funds together, start looking for methods of getting better income, and don't let your expenses drain your funds. simple as that. it's not about image or comfort, that comes later. stop being a bitch. if you worry about how you live in the present, then you're going to be stuck in it forever.

Why do you think people go to Starbucks? If you're fine with gas station drip coffee, then get gas station drip coffee. No one has a gun to your head, fag.

why are you making a false equivalence like that? it's either starbucks or shit? kys.

Jesus, are you really this dumb? The point is that I don't care where you get your coffee. And you shouldn't care where I get mine.

Spending money on things you like isn't evil. Stop trying to collect (You)s by being an edgy cunt and replying to posts that you don't even understand.

you're the one who fails to understand the context of bringing up what coffee you drink. this board is about how you manage your money and doing it in the manner you're referring to is just foolish. if you don't like it when people bring that up well then just try to make a counterargument other than "lol i don't care" because you're basically saying you don't care about your management of money which by extension means you don't belong here.

inb4 ad hominem. try to call me an autist without actually discrediting my point it will only strengthen the fact.

You're not an autist, you're just stupid. Extreme frugality is a recipe for an unhappy life. If someone who has the means wants to spend their money on things that matter to them, it's not your place to apply standards or make judgments.

We're not talking about welfare recipients getting their groceries at Whole Foods. It's just good coffee, you insufferable fag.

grinding your own beans is you saying that you value the dunkin donuts employees' time more than your own. this is how poor people think.

If you knew what good coffee was you wouldn't be going to Starbucks.

Your whole tirade about me saying Starbucks is evil was a strawman. I never said that, I had Starbucks the other day. It's not bad for a tasty sweet coffee, but just black and you might as well get the free coffee from banks.

You can sit here a piss and moan but objectively buying coffee *EVERYDAY* from anywhere isn't good for your money especially if you are already tight for money. Going out to eat and drink should be the first thing that gets cut if you are hurting for cash.

And paaaaaaaaaleaseeee nicking Starbuck's isn't extreme frugality you basic fucking bitch.

>especially if you are already tight for money
Oh, so we're going to assume our premise are we?

How do you get away with such poor critical thinking in daily life? Are you surrounded by people dumber than you (as scary as that sounds)? Honest question.

>If you knew what good coffee was you wouldn't be going to Starbucks.
Listen to this fedora master. He can't even stay consistent in a single post, let alone the thread.

I'm sorry that you're too poor to afford things that make people happy. Chances are, however, that you deserve it. Darwinism applies in finances as in other areas too.

"Do your own DD & be throurough"

I'm talking broadly in response to OP. For the most part, buying coffee per cup is a ripoff. There's nothing wrong with it as long as you understand it and can budget for it.

You're the one acting like king nigger over here "hurr durr you're just poor" and giving out bad advice.

>"hurr durr you're just poor"
People like you who get their panties in a bunch over Starbucks coffee or something similar ARE poorfags. That's just the truth. Don't blame me for pointing it out.

Sorry (not sorry) that it rustles your jimmies.

>Why do you think people go to Starbucks?
Because you're a loser?

People go to Starbucks because I'm a loser? The entire business model of a multi-national company hinges on my social status? That's fucking incredible and seems like a huge risk by the Board of Directors. Seems like the worldwide sales of a food & beverage conglomerate shouldn't hinge on one person.

Or did you mean to type "Because they are losers?" Which would be grammatically correct but entail an enormous generalization by you that would be provable false.

Or as seems most likely are you a 14 year old fat poorfag autist from some third-world shithole who gets his jollies by thinking he's on the same level as wealthy Americans?

I'm guessing #3, but #1 would truly blow my mind. I look forward to every one of your future posts.

>seems like a huge risk by the Board of Directors
not from where I'm standing.

jk, jk
nicely rebuffed

Always, and in every occasion, try to fuck people over if there is even an ounce of profit to be taken from doing so.

Stop with the constant shilling of Starbucks.
We all already know you work there.
Which makes your constant putdowns of their baristas even more hilarious.
Get a real job, edgelord.

>swing and a miss

Whatever, shill.
Better wash your apron and polish that nose ring. Pretentious jackoffs like you will be coming in to demand their frappes and lattes in a few hours.