/mcg/ - Minecraft General : Forged Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/FabricMC/pomf
bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-111421?jql=affectedVersion = "Minecraft 1.11" AND text ~ "explosion"
technicpack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204199345-How-to-make-a-Minecraft-modpack
github.com/superckl/BiomeTweaker/wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eventhough these threads are dead as fuck they feel comfy as hell.
Also why do you have a minetest texturepack pic?

github.com/FabricMC/pomf
Currently stuck at 16w38a (no good updating tool, Enigma's one is not usable) and about 70% of Minecraft mapped.

>Also you can blame asie for not throwing out lex a year ago. Anything else?
Wouldn't have happened - something I haven't realized at the time is that throwing out Lex does actually equal throwing out the entire Forge team and, as you pointed out, there's no other team willing to take the burden.

>Then why not make a smaller lean version? Because it would fucking suck

Or it could provide most of the functionality with a lot less bloat/performance issues/bugs.

The Windows 10 Edition has no symbol table, unlike Pocket Edition - this is a Windows Store publishing requirement. Without the debugging symbols, what you effectively get is a giant lump of optimized machine code done by one of the many C++ compilers (as opposed to bytecode which can be easily matched to the behaviour of the one Java compiler most people use - javac). While tools like IDA help, decompiling and mapping a C++ binary in the same way a Java binary was mapped would be a far more gargantuan effort.

Don't worry, though - the Windows 10 Edition is getting a C# (Mono-based)/JSON combo API. Q1 2017 is what I heard thrown around for a simple API to modify existing game behaviour, with the ability to add new content coming "later".

So i found Atlantis or something for the first time, but it's a pain in the dick to even get close.

Is it even worth it to get in there? What will i find?
I'm far away from my home and don't want to lose my gear

Nothing of real value, comfy decoration blocks (sea lanterns are god-tier) and a quick death if you aren't ready

Also, >sponges, which are a retarded and impractical way of removing water

If you decide to tackle it, rush inside it, it's much more dangerous outside, keep in mind the enemies there, hurt you with a line-of-sight-based beam, with a long charge time and forget about mining in it until completed

Should I use Tekkit Legends as base, and if I do is there anything I should remove for it?

/dedcg/

never!

Friendly reminder that TNT cannons were an unintended feature and have thus been fixed.

bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-111421?jql=affectedVersion = "Minecraft 1.11" AND text ~ "explosion"

>[Mod] Neko added a comment - 15/Dec/16 10:22 PM
>This site is for bug reports only. For feature suggestions or changes please see: Minecraft Suggestions on Reddit.

>unintended feature and have thus been fixed.
Warframe.png

I love my mommy

post overused cliches in building

>"nordic" houses
>medieval houses
>leaves on the roof

All building ever, everything is overused, all of it, there are too many retards playing this shit for anything to be even slightly original
kill yourself autist

hey user you're a fucking retard
technicpack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204199345-How-to-make-a-Minecraft-modpack
how didnt you find this fucking shit you dumb cunt

use multimc anyway, technic is only good for opening your pack to the lowest common denominatorliteral fucking childrenok solder is actually quite good but point remains

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU ADDRESS ME LIKE THAT?

*grabs you by the balls*
BACK THE FUCK OFF?!?

*unsheathes flaming katana*

you took one step too far kid

I can't even into cliche buildings.

I always end up making "commieblocks".
Seeing what some people can come up with is depressing.

Looks okay, just a bit too blocky, overhanging roof could look good, and add another roof for the balcony too!

Stop being a bitch and practice.

posting some conft tent.

Exploring broville while learning opencomputer and looting before going full industry in my home dimension.

it's funnier than grinding the first resources

managed to put a little sleep area.
nomadic tent is incredible if you want to explore.

still a little before beginning to build a nei-like library

mostly a little space to thinker and storage. Loving that going small actually gives you ideas, and going outside gives you direct acces to adventure

from the outside, the tents are smaller.
Here, our camp outstide brolapagos.

of course

>you can run steam boilers on biodiseal

Wew lads

Every once in a while, I miss this place.

I have a small request for you. Make a 32x32 painting featuring pic related?

I prefer riskier power generators. I mean sure, stable and reliable always win, but wheres the fun in that?

Is there ANY way to get rid of the vanilla biomes? I want everything gone except for desert, Mesa and swamps for my modpack, and I'm going insane trying to figure this shit out.

It shouldn't be a hard thing to do but I'm finding it damn near impossible. I've found a mod that can disable all but one biome but I still want to have a variety of biomes, just only the ones I've handpicked.
People have claimed that Climate Control can do this but I haven't been able to figure that out at all.

I'm at the end of my fucking rope here.

Most overused cliche of all
>people who don't build anything criticizing people who at least attempt to make something

biometweaker can, you'll want to remove all biomes and then add every biometype tag to at least one of the biomes you want (whichever should be most common, I think)

>biometweaker
Thanks I'll look into that, once I figure out how to use that damn thing.

I'm completely lost trying to work with Biometweaker and can't find any guides worth half a damn, you gotta be a wizard to accomplish anything given the amount of documentation I can find about that mod.

ExtrabiomesXL also allows you to disable some vanilla biomes (and their variants) though I've never tried it

github.com/superckl/BiomeTweaker/wiki
theres plenty of documentation here, what are you struggling with?

Problem is I dont know any fun risky power gens. I wish you could harness rf from aura nodes or energized nodes

go for a MOX fuel ic2 fluid reactor.

You can choose If you want to thinker with recplacing component (and putting them in cooling towers), or timing right the online periods before all the reactor goes *puff*

I find that minigame very pleasurable, and you can always play it safe using different set-ups

and the good thing is, the power generation is far from overpowered, you can go really big without worrying to lose interest in energy forever

Does this look kind of phallic to you?

I have never coded for anything, trying to operate the config files for that mod seems incredibly complicated and would take a long time.
Does it let me determine biome weight and such?

All I want to do is have a world with only a few vanilla biomes and some handpicked BoP biomes, and I can't even find like a template or anything for it, I have to type out the entirety of the text document that Biometweaker needs to run.

>asking if trees look phallic
Get help.

I think he was asking about the hand.

Does it work with rf?

I havent touched IC since 1.5.2. But thanks i'll look into it

>Accidental feature is fun
>Remove it because... we don't like having fun?
The fug is the point of doing that? Also was it just a specific type of cannon or is tnt getting launched by explosions altogether gutted?

>thinks that this user was talking about trees

You aren't very bright, mate

>BoP
fuck off

Yes, indeed I was.

So it does look phallic?

wow user a whole text file how will you cope
just use the wiki to help you, it checks the syntax on load and points out mistakes

This was what the hand was attached too.

>completely unbased BoP hate
Nice meme.

What mod is that pistol apart of?

Daily reminder that Lex voted for urine-stained Trump despite abusing food stamps to make himself fatter for years.

He lacks the self control to diet so he needs an authoritative figure to take his food stamps away so he can lose weight.

It's a necessary evil.

Who is Lex and why should I care who he voted for?

Does Trump want to take away food stamps from people?

Yes, literally everyone he has appointed to office so far is opposed to government assistance programs.

But I thought Bush was also against this as well and it existed back then.

Wouldn't that cause a lot of backlash if they tried to remove social services?

that was the traditional republican party who still had to quietly acknowledge that most republican voters are poor country bumpkins and rednecks

the alt-right is literally crazy and doesn't play by those old rules

But I thought most of the Republican voters are still country bumpkins and rednecks? Aren't most of the alt-right crazies also on social services? I'm sure there will be some group just as crazier to oppose this new party, right?

they are, hence why they're literally insane. they'll cut off their own nose to spite their face.

republicans in power during bush were just crooks, not crazy enough to fuck their base. but the alt-right wants to gut the government. they literally don't care.

Kind of looks like one of those PSI cads.

It kind of does look like a weiner

Here it kind of looks like it's a crab hand. Also are you the tranny torture user?

it was never worth using

>Also are you the tranny torture user?

Why do you ask me that? Quick answer, yes.

it's always nice seeing familiar faces.

It's kind of nice to see a welcoming here. I left the general for a bit because it seems like anons here were sick of me.

It doesn't matter who you are, even our angels like mofman get shitposted to death, it's just the nature of an anonymous forum, just gotta roll with it.

Yeah, but someone reported me and I did get banned so I didn't want to risk it further.

i remember your builds to be ok or at least inventive, so you're ok in my books

lol My builds weren't anything special. I am terrible at building and just do not have the autism for it.

I would say that my new favorite map is Broville v11 and I love how there are so many mini-games to discover. I just discovered what happens to be an abandoned asylum. I love how there is a full blown Portal game on this map at the abandoned SOLAR laboratory.

You're cute, which servers do you play on?

What said. Ninety nine times out of a hundred, builds look better with roofs that hang over the sides by at least one block. In terms of aesthetic value, the roof of a build is almost always just as valuable as the rest of the frame and you should dedicate time to working on it accordingly

>throwing out Lex does actually equal throwing out the entire Forge team

on the other hand, throwing out lex does in theory disconnect one of the more problematic elements thereof.

>page ten

That was fucking creepy. I just stumbled upon the basement where this asylum apparently does its twisted experiments and entered the room for what the sign, which was broken (lol), said chemical therapy. The door just shut behind me and I was hit with a bunch of status buffs. Herobrine also joined the game too. I think this scared the shit out of me because I was literally cautious of entering rooms because I felt as if someone or something would have locked me inside and then this just fucking happened.

I guess since everyone here knows now that I was that tranny with the torture fetish. It makes me wonder if this is where I would have been sent.

>It makes me wonder if this is where I would have been sent.
to the gas chamber

nice blog, subscribed and upvoted

I think I just walked into one. lol

I didn't intend for that post to sound like a blog post but reading it to myself did make it seem like one.

but user at the end of the day everything is a block

also you can make that real pretty if you bump the roof up one more block, overhang your stairs on the oak over your windows, extend the roof out over your balcony maybe with some kind of support, maybe add a little peaked bit at the other side so the roof doesn't look 'unbalanced'
same with your porch cover. throw in stairs around the edge, or match the front at least with the steps. don't wanna get rained on

>building D&Desque serb
>keep coding new features and improving existing ones
>feels like a complete change of minecraft's existing combat rules
>feels like I probably should have just made a whole other game sometimes
>i dont even know what I'm doing with my life anymore

send help

Got any images? Actually sounds cool

I guarantee you that if Lex was forcibly removed from the Forge team that you'd see the return of TeamCoFH. Lemming quit trying to help with Forge specifically because of Lex, and he quit modding specifically because of what Lex did to Forge.

Its on the server lists already. I'm not at home so I can't join you if you decide to hop on there, but feel free to play around and pick a character class and begin adventuring!

What did Lex do to Forge? I'm behind on the celebrities.

Is this supposed to make me want to kill lex less or something?
I hate teamCoFH.

Besides, nigger, lex's info is public.
You want him gone, do it yourself.

Man I really wish someone would keep the development of the SCP mod going
Finding SCP's in worldgen and building your own containment structures was the shit

Then he allowed Forge to include Redstone Flux's API inside of itself - he's actually explicitly credited for doing so, and presumably had to sign the CLA.

For anyone who's familiar with Special AI: in the config file, is there a way to specify blocks that have spaces in their name?

Direwolf is the best youtuber

Not familiar, but you tried using quotes or an underscore?

Yeah, and periods and removing the spaces entirely. Fortunately I think I just found an alternate solution thanks to WAILA

saw this chain of storytime of minecraft server hosting wonders and horrors on /nosg/ and decided to share it with good ole /mcg/

>people are discussing a game on a mongolian throat singing website

what a bunch of faggots am I rite le lmao?

What are some fun power generation mods? I am already using advance generators which is pretty neat.

He's right, tho. This thread is for people who just want to post low effort bitchfits about Forge and Mojang. Anyone who's actually playing Minecraft should just make their own general and save us SERIOUS players the hassle.

im gonna tell u why u r wrong, k?

fuk u

thats why.

>165273678
[Ewe]

kek that female seduction one
I think I know who that is