Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

Do you wear suits? What's a good brand? I went to Veeky Forums but none of them work. I just got a job in finance, will I look like an autist if I wear a suit every day or is it expected?

Suitsupply, but I'm not sure if its a Reddit meme or not.

The more important thing is for it to fit, pay the extra money to get your suit tailored.

I want to fit in.

Colors are the most important thing. Focus on what others are wearing and try to not stray off too far.

It depends on the workplace. You'll get a feel for it soon enough. In the vast majority of cases, wearing business casual is fine. Wearing suits is reserved for meeting with important clients and making deals, etc.

Get three jackets , two I you are too pasty to wear white . Six or four pairs of pants , an colours / patterns that work together .

Custom made but never start with the top of the line . 120 is a good Stratton weight .ahirts are easy , blue and white slim fit

Source : I used to distribute custom made suits

>nailgun
>clearly pneumatic
>no hose

nice try, white collar guy

Saba.

>I just got a job in finance, will I look like an autist if I wear a suit every day or is it expected?
Visit the company. Didn't you have an interview? Just look around and if you don't have the balls to just go there in a suit on your first day, ask them if you should wear one. It's weird but not as weird as you think.

Saba is shit ausfag
Picked up one for a day on a stop over , threw it out when I got home

quality over quantity.... buy something nice that you truly like.. dont get swayed by designer marketing.

Joseph A Bank.

My absolute favorite suits, and the prices are cheap as fuck.

I like the tailored slim fits.

>Jos. A motherfucking Bank

Absolutely fucking garbage tier for any job out in the business world. Potential clients/employers can usually tell the difference between clothes with good construction and clothes with shit construction. If you spend money on versatile, quality pieces your appearance and confidence will skyrocket. Not to mention you'll only have to gripe over paying for it once.

OP, save your money and invest in a better suit. Every brand fits a little differently. Shop around and try different brands on before you buy. Wait for sales so you can maximize your buying power. Do your due diligence and find a reputable tailor in your area. Even if they're more expensive then the rest, the devil is in the detail. You'll want a professional who's work is second to none.

Keep it simple and go with either a charcoal gray (to look more mature) or navy (to look younger).

You can use the suit coat as a blazer and buy a different pair of pants/shoes/dress shirts to turn that single suit into many different outfits.

I recommend shopping Saks Fifth Ave and Burberry. They cater more towards slim fitting suits that look very good off the rack. If you get them tailored you'll look, and feel, like a million dollars.

t. I've been in your shoes before and learned from my mistakes.

Dark blue or gray suits only. No black suits. No pinstripes either. The shirt you wear must be white or light blue. Belt must match your shoes. Belt/shoes must be either brown or black. Black is a safer bet. Make sure you wear an undershirt. Not a tank top. Buy plain white fruit of the loom or whatever the fuck crew neck t-shirts and wear those under your button up. Also make sure that your tie is a conservative blue or red tie. No black. No crazy patterns. If it's a blue suit make sure it's a solid colored blue tie. Gray suits are more versatile and can be worn with either red or blue ties. Always be conservative with your ties. No monogrammed ties with expensive companies on them. Same goes for belt. No Gucci logo'd belts or any shit like that. Make sure that you don't wear any two-toned collar shirts or fucking suspenders. Don't try to dress like Gordon fucking Gekko.

Black suits are for waiters and drivers.

Lol.

I own a few Canali's. Some Peter Millar. And some other brands I forget. And I have 2 Joseph A Bank suits (each one cost me about $300).

I get more compliments on my JAB suits than any others. If I get a chance I'll post a pic. And no people cannot tell. And yes they do look nice.

But hey if you wanna go uptown and spend $1,000+ on a suit, go for it.

>if you wanna go uptown and spend $1,000+ on a suit, go for it.
is that a lot?
I was surprised to see tailored Armani's selling for $1200-$3k at the airport. Seemed a bit cheap is all. My wife's earrings cost about that.

Suit supply or j crew ludlow shop.

The ludlow shop have slim lapels, so I don't know how you feel about that, but they have sale on suits from time to time.

To each their own skippy. I know what I look good, and feel good in. Jos. A Bank typically have a boxy appearance unless you go with the slim fit suits and even then they have broad shoulders and chests. And if you think $1000 is expensive for a suit you have another thing coming. That's mid-tier at best.

I agree with the 1000+ low- mid mark.. but you sound like you wear a fucking fedora

navy/grey suits are fine. well depends on the office culture, i have to wear at least a shirt when the boss is around, if not i can even wear a hoodie. Also, what finance job do you have?

What overpriced garbage. In no way should any outfit ever cost that much unless it was crafted by the softest smallest hands of all the Chinese children.