/mmg/ Mega Man General

Decent Fangame Edition
Thread No. 136
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

>Here's our discord chat
discord.gg/93tPPf2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b6PsIpj2ElU
rockman-corner.com/2017/01/might-no-9-physical-backer-rewards.html
youtube.com/watch?v=j_vBeWPgNNk
themmnetwork.com/blog/2017/1/10/make-your-dreams-and-mega-mans-nightmares-come-true-in-magmml2
youtube.com/watch?v=3u9lYehdyEw
youtube.com/watch?v=4s9wYQUkjVI
twitter.com/HeatPhoenix
twitter.com/AtelierJordan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I HATE SUMMER BUT I LOVE DAY-CHAN!
DAY-CHAN IS CUTE! CUTE!

Thanks for using my fangame edition

>That cover
HOly fucking shit dude

FUCKING NICE, MAN!

youtube.com/watch?v=b6PsIpj2ElU

Hey Metal Man user, I beat the boss.

He might mess around with this engine more in future.

This Beta looks like an older Joule.
I wonder if they would use it in GV3 for New!Mytyl

Here's an idea for Capcom's next mobile game. Otoko Tower but with Robot Masters.

Capcom could pander to and profit off the fujo fanbase with that.

Why don't they?

Nippon fujos are slightly different from Western fujos.
Plus this could mean losing their whole male audience.
Also, it's against of what they think Megaman's target audience is.

>Thinking the majority of Mega Man's audience is straight males

Well gee, that's the problem.

For all interested parties, the next couple hours will feature Mega Man 6, Network Transmission, X, and Mighty No. Masochist over on the AGDQ Twitch stream.

Mega Man has a decently large Japanese BL doujin community for the type of series it is. Most of it never gets scanlated, but a lot of BL doujin previews turn up on Pixiv before Comiket and other doujin events.

Capcom, like many Japanese companies, are run by old farts with traditional Japanese views. I don't like to consider it an SJW crusade but it really hurts the variety of products that these companies offer.

I believe theat the major problem is that, to Capcom marketing team, Megaman's audience was teen boys (13-17); which is really outdated.
Given the attempt of the cartoon, their new strategy is getting a younger audience, from ages 6-10.

I think ASG had a similar problem: they had a product test with people from within the target audience and almost got rid of his signature braid due their reviews.

wat dis?

Most of the basic Eden enemies in Gunvolt 2.

They need to get their heads out of their asses and look to their older fans. because they're the ones buying all their stupid shit and merch.

and this ineptitude is on the American side as well. Joe Kelly got pretty pissy and called us entitled when we got mad about the cartoon.

capcom needs to surrender to our Fujo overlords

Full fujos are shit tho.

True, but some are alright and really productive too.

Megaman block's on AGDQ.
On Network Transmission now.

I know, I meant about these types of fujos.
>the "Girl characters are here just to destroy my gays" fujos
>the "All and every straight pairing is boring desu" fujos
>the "All semes are huge, doritos-chinned fucks while ukes are kawaii uguu twink abominations" fujos

Lets face it, if Capcom goes full fujo pandering with megaman, we will never get anything Roll-related or X will be doomed to be one of those kawaii-moe uke blobs for the rest of his series.

I thought uke blobs and pointy-chin abusive semes going out of fashion though. They're pretty old-fashioned character dynamics that get critiqued a lot for being stereotypical and played so often they've become boring, even for fujos. Girls are getting treated better in BL fandoms too, probably because they're being played more as self-inserts.

Not that Capcom would ever go full fujo, but modern fujo fandom has improved significantly over the years so it wouldn't be as bad as it could have been in the past.

Wouldn't it be 3DS now? Not GBA?

An original stage might be in the works. I'm the guy who posted the Metal Man boss fight in the previous thread.

something looks off about this sprite.

I think they changed Mega Man's mouth for this?

He looks as displeased as the rest of us.

>Why do I keep going? I don't want to do this.

rockman-corner.com/2017/01/might-no-9-physical-backer-rewards.html

youtube.com/watch?v=j_vBeWPgNNk

>Implying
Teseo would hack the Hub out of Megaman.exe

themmnetwork.com/blog/2017/1/10/make-your-dreams-and-mega-mans-nightmares-come-true-in-magmml2

I don't fit into any of those catagories

So the chances are that you aren't full fujo.

Is there a rom of Battle Network 3 with all the cut content? I wanted to replay 3 and I'd like to try it

Why the fuck did they use Bubble Crab's theme in X5 instead of this one for Duff McWhalen?
youtube.com/watch?v=3u9lYehdyEw

Because duff sucks.

Daily reminder that X5 was an alright game but was really when the X series went downhill

X4 was the last good X game. Remind me why people want X9 so badly?

>X8 was going back on the tracks, X9 had potential of being great again.
>Conclusion to the Axl saga
>Connection to the Elfwars/Megaman Zero
>X is really cute.

>Remind me why people want X9 so badly?
For me, this is why:
youtube.com/watch?v=4s9wYQUkjVI

With Axl's introduction in X7 and subsequent absence in the Zero series along with never being mentioned by name, I'd hope for X9 to at least resolve that by giving some sort of closure to that end.
Granted, for that to happen, my ideal X9 would have to take place after Command Mission, since Axl's there too.

Fair enough. Command mission never explained that.

What is this?

Gunvolt sprites.

Is that megaman related?

Gunvolt is MegaMan-Esque, but it's not a mega man game.

It's thread related
>Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.
As ASG plays in a similar way to MMZ and MMZX

>mmbn 3D

I wish

It's already in the works, user. Version 0.5 is on the way.

X5 was intended to be the last game in the series. As a result, they threw in Bubble Crab's theme to spark nostalgia.

What cut content

>X5 was an alright game

It was the worst X game. Yes X6 was an improvement

It's a fan game?

How do you like them donuts?

Yes! The main modeler hangs around here often.

Better than

>dying in 0.5 seconds after spawning in a cart
>lagging to hell and back when spikes show up on screen
>getting raped by lava when alia starts to nag you over the phone
>bored to tears while an idiotic robowhale slowly scrolls the screen
>fire le cannon kek it does nothing
>being unable to get all parts

Only good thing about the game is the X vs. Zero fight

>being unable to get all parts
!?

>fire le cannon kek it does nothing
Both the cannon and shuttle sequences feature a certain chance to succeed or fail, regardless of whether you have all of the required parts for either of them.
That means, potentially, you can open up the Sigma stages without ever fighting any of the mavericks, which I think is hilarious.
I think, anyway. I'm pretty sure that's what I read somewhere.

Goodnight, /mmg/! Don't die!

I'm not the main modeler. I'm the only developer, I also do the programming (and modeling and animating) and UI, PR and organize everything.

Only thing I don't really do is music, cool contributors do that.

I post my progress and shit to my twitter twitter.com/HeatPhoenix

shit. you've been doing all this by yourself? That's impressive!

Reminder that Gunvolt is secretly ZX3.
Glaives are literally Model W. Both Nova and Zonda suddenly gain gold parts in their final forms.

There's been some contributors, for example the Roll EXE model is by my good friend twitter.com/AtelierJordan

I keep a loose kind of "hey, do you like modeling? Wanna make a model for MMBN3D? Feel free to send me the files and we'll work something out!" agreement. There's no obligations for me or them to do anything other than what they deliver so nobody can let anyone down.

But 80% of the models and 99% of the code is mine.

Because HIS NAME IS DUFF McWHALEN

Do you have a list of navis without models?
Me and my roommate are both BN fans and do game art.

Could use a Guts Man EXE, but if you don't mind, I'd like to see you guys' art first? I don't mean it in a snobby way but there's a base level of quality I'd like to see before I can trust you.

Oh, are requirements that strict?
I thought I'd just do it for fun and it'd -obviously- be up to you whether the model actually gets used or not.

When/if I find some decent screenshots of my stuff, I'll send you a message.
I wanted to make the make the tank from Nadia: Secret of Blue Water since it's so delightfully Legends-esque, now I'm torn.

You heard the man.
We're having a Gutsman.EXE contest!
Everyone make your best Gutsman.EXE low-poly models and submit there HERE in /mmg/!

Aw, you're no fun

not that guy, but might as well go at it and model some crossovers between Reaverbots and EXE virus

WAKE UP MEGA MAN
DR. WILY IS USING EVO ENAHJEE

>those diapers

Someone call Duo in.

He's the real leader of Team Skull

fuck...

FUCK.

Terrifying.

>One for each knee and one for the dick
Zonda would be proud of him. Spreading love x3 faster.

It's absolutely beautiful!