Why don't people like FWD Veeky Forums?

Why don't people like FWD Veeky Forums?

Can't drift or do a burnout.

Burnouts are for kids and drifting slows you down.

scarier to drive at the limit of traction in corners
awd sucks too

We aren't bench racers and understand that a drivetrain layout doesn't define a cars performance.

Going fast and worrying about laptimes is for nerds. Real men do burnouts, stop light drag races and hooning.

All the best performance cars are AWD.
>Rally?

It's mostly Analphonse and bus drivers.

Every concept has its purpose.

>Real men

Nice sentence, user

I can easily do a burnout in my FF though?

You can't hold a skid properly. This is not the same as being able to get the car to oversteer, but most people bitch about the inability to power through a slide or out of a corner.

ever driven awd hard? they just go wide in corners. just better traction coming OUT of the corner.
rwd is just easier

Do you guys actually drift in your rwd cars? Because you come off as those women that get suvs and cuvs because they like the option of being able to carry and tow stuff even though they never do

You can do burnouts in fwd. I did them a few times when I was getting used to manual and didn't want to stall in an uphill start.

FF burnouts don't count as burnouts, it looks fucking retarded and autistic. FWD drag cars are also fucking stupid.

Yeah. I've raced rally for years.
It's a different driving style to rwd but I've never had a problem around corners

can't put the power down for shit compared to awd or rwd, the old ford focus rs at 350hp probably represented the limit of a streetable fwd car

but they are fun, your not going to set a new hurrdurring record anyway, so you should at least have fun while driving and understeer sucks big time

Yet they get good times. So why does it matter what it looks like to the guys that married their sisters?

sure but in general rwd is easier.

That's true. Without the benefits of fancy trick diffs, fwd does provide hp limits.

If you know the car well enough, understeer shouldn't be an issue.

In general.
I'd argue the benefits of AWD on a loose surface though.

FR tends to be more skittish when sliding around a corner and finding a pothole midway, for example.

Kek
>later that same day...

New Yaris hot hatch is said to be 210hp.
That sounds fun.
Hopefully it is since I don't want a DSG Polo.

well. that does sound interesting.

I prefer RWD because they are usually easier to work on.

even with lsd, e-diff o clever suspensions (like the old fwd rs) ther's a limit to how much hp you can put down in a fwd car (i'm talking about not-straight-line-driving of course), imo

knowing the car well basically means that you know when to lift the gas which means you can't go flat out because it will innevitably cause understeer...in an rwd even if you pass the traction limit you still have some space to correct with counter steering and gas modulation, with a fwd car the only option you have is steppig off the gas and pray

Cucks irrationally lash out pointlessly in an attempt to assert control.

>design that only exists because it's cheap to make
>can't have over 230 HP because torque steer
>front wheels have to handle steering, braking and power while rear wheels are just along for the ride
>accelaration means there's less grip on the wheels that steer and power the car
>all 99.9% of them driven by people who give 0 fucks about cars

It's just the most boring layout by far. All fwd cars would be so much better if they were RWD.
Only reason 86 is so sought after is because it's an RWD car that is usually FWD.
Imagine how good hondas would be with RWD. Imagine MR del sol.

>Muh FWD
Best layout for econoboxes since it's lightweight, "safer", cheaper to make and compact, but irrelevant for any serious performance build.

>All fwd cars would be so much better if they were RWD.
My nigga

>tfw new 2017 Civic Si won't be rwd
Literally the only downside to what looks like will be a great car
>210-250 hp
>variable chassis control
>cheap
>Honda reliability
>Apple CarPlay and android auto
>sweet Honda gearbox
>0-60 in under 6 secs with fw
Rwd would be so much more fun. Think of the sweet flat turbo torque curve

are there even any rf / mf production cars?

what are good rwd first time cars friend/o/s?
Literally the only cheap (1000€) rwd car here is the bmw E36 316 or 318 which means ill get fucked by expensive parts
Wat do?

t. europoor

FR is just a meme, just like all the other memes.

There are good cars and bad cars with every drivetrain layout.

Simply because I like hitting slides. No other reason.

Look at That's how I feel about RWD cars
If I didn't give a fuck I'd go after Golf MK3 because it's as cheap as/cheaper than the E36 here
t. Croatian/Europoor