The Grand Tour

This has been disappointing. It's too over the top for its own good.

Still better than Chris Evans's Top Gear though.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU
youtube.com/watch?v=-yLzAU48ruA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Does that mean he's not coming on then?"

I like it but it feels like decent episodes of Top Gear and the fact that all but episode 2 are the same quality drags it down. It doesn't have any really memorable and hilarious parts. The best episode IMO was the first. I just really like it when they compare competing models and episode one and the part where they compare the focus RS to the mustang 5.0 were the parts I enjoyed most. I get that they can't make it too much like Top Gear but it needs more competitions.

Chris Evans actually likes cars though. Couples with the fact that Chris Evans doesn't have ADHD, he is the best host of all of them. His youtube series was better than any episode of Top Gear. Real reviews of every single aspect of the dynamics of the car.

Chris Evans is the true patrician's choice.

You're thinking of Chris Harris, friend

the genuine laughs in challenges are what i miss. a bit too scripted feeling, and yes I know TG was scripted but they had a lot more real feeling moments

Stop whining you faggot. Its good.

Fuck.

Thanks user.

I was worried it would be awful but it's honestly not bad. Only retarded part is the celebrity brain crash. Also it may be a little more scripted than Top Gear but I don't think it does any significant harm to the show.

I also actually really liked the beach buggy episodes, was a lot like their old TG specials.

I don't understand the Celebrity Brain Trash thing.

Are they parodying Star ina Reasonably Priced Car? Because the joke became old the moment they decided to do it more than once. Perhaps it's a real segment they planned for, and want to do, but can't get any bigname celebrities to actually participate yet? Because that would make more sense.

They legally cant interview celebrities because the BBC said so, so they do this instead.

Its fucking stupid, and repetitive.

Wow. I would say I will never support the BBC in any way ever again, but then there's Dr. Who....

Surely Amazon has some of the best entertainment lawyers in the world and can fix this for them.

>oh well let's see what the American has to say about this car

Seems like an incredibly broad concept to claim you have the rights to it, reminds me of the dipshit on youtube that tried to copyright reaction videos and actually think that people were going to pay him money to make their own

Well that's the reason.

There is a lot of things that the BBC claimed. Challenges is one of them that's why the ones why show have no "winner" and are never completed.

what the fuck
if anything, this is an excellent showcase to how broken and restrictive and pointless copyright law is

meanwhile patent law is so unpowered that china just steals everything

I thought Chris Evans left a while ago.

No, he's the sole reason BBC Top Gear is still holding on.

I bet you have a lot of fancy cushions in your house.

It's also why they can't do consumer advice, and constantly say, "Having learned nothing..."

He looked like he was really straining to look like he wasn't having fun. Because there's no way he wasn't having fun.

I would've actually enjoyed an interview with Chris Hoy and talking about how he's doing motorsports now.
and isn't the Maserati BiTurbo notoriously shit with that two turbo engine? so why would they buy three of them? I'm guessing the other two didn't have the same BiTurbo engine?

Unfortunately Matt The Blank is still going to be on it bringing his unique blend of personality void and wooden script reading to the show.

It is a completely shit car. My aunt owned one in the 80s, and I think that I only ever saw it running once. It wasn't an interesting car. She didn't even get pissed off when I told her that I liked my mom's Accord more. But my aunt's stable also had a 911 3.2 Carrera, a Suzuki Samurai, and a Silver Shadow so it's not like she was hurting for good shit to drive when the Maser was in the shop.

Was referring to Evans's series. It won't be that much better with Joey leading it.

Hammond and May playing Battleship is the best segment so far.

>Better.

Okay, worse then.

As annoying as "the american" is, he seems like a really good driver.

it was unique ill give it that

s1 has some brilliant moments but time will tell if it improves

I like the American. He's not the Stig, but muh communist jokes. He could do the jokes better though.

i always skip his part, cringe as fuck

Found the communist

Show is still top tier comfy and I love the lads.

Eat shit OP.

More like bum blasted burgerfat

I guess they're still testing the waters to see what people enjoy, and the second series will probably reflect the feedback. For me, the main offenders are the celebrity thing and the heavily scripted "humor" segments in the studio.

The first is more than likely just a diss on the BBC for all the rights issues, and I would be very surprised if they carried it over to the second series.

The second is borderline unwatchable, so I hope they cut it down or at least let it flow more naturally. If not, hiring competent writers would also help.

That Maserati Biturbo S was fucking sexy tho.

You should see some Mike's work.

He can take a fucking rwd pickup truck to a hillclimb and beat fucking p1s.
He was beating awd cars with more power and less weight.

He is shit.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU

>the grand tour can't be criticised

youtube.com/watch?v=-yLzAU48ruA

>His youtube series was better than any episode of Top Gear.
no

>Real reviews of every single aspect of the dynamics of the car.
Yes, he is good on that, but its different from TG

>The best episode IMO was the first.
worst

they do communist jokes because it's safe, more relevant banter would piss off a lot of people

They almost fucking had it. They were so close. But in the end, they fucked it all up.
How hard can it be for them to do a humble cheap car challenge?
I mean, it took them 4 years to realize that people wanted those with Top Gear, what with s04e02 iirc. They even fucking said it right there.

They should know better

the eco-friendly episode with the meat car was funny. normally their shenanigans don't bother me that much.
but scripted parts like the army episode could have cut down. show more of the vulcan instead.

this.

To be fair though the first 1-2 seasons of TGUK2002 where, meh.

it's pretty stupid but they mainly just use it as a segway
I don't mind it too much

social media didnt reall dictate much back then it was mainly the media and bbc political crap.

They seem to be pretty active this time around so things might turn around quicker.
and the last couple of seasons in 2014 and 2015

TGT feels fresher and parts of it are really good but it has its own issues.

No celebrity interviews is FINE by me i never really liked them anyway apart from a couple of classics.

But the braincrash segment needs to change or go completely.

The other bits in the studio are... ok? The xmas one was funny but apart from that its a bit of a mess.

>tfw I really like TGT
maybe because I like basically anything with the three of them in it
I just like how their personalities work
>but can't get any bigname celebrities to actually participate yet
but the celebrities do appear for a moment before they "die", no?
>They legally cant interview celebrities because the BBC said so
who the fuck cares what the BBC says

it's mostly just teething problems, remember they're the ones writing the show which they never did with Top Gear
once they get their shit straight it'll get a lot better

the Namibia episode was pretty cool, but it was missing something
usually when they go to exotic places you get a lot of stuff involving the local culture, but all you really got there was the trio driving shitboxes in the desert

For shame

Namibia doesn't have much going on in that respect. It's barely populated and there's not much to do other than fuck about in the wilderness.

they need to get a better fucking track, preferably in a part of the world where it isn't raining 24/7, so we can see some meaningful lap times

>but scripted parts like the army episode could have cut down.
The moment in that episode when Wilman's message said "every time one of you dies, you all have to start again" I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good.

They're shit and that's why they're affordable. It's the only affordable maserati (to buy, not to run).

>It's the only affordable maserati (to buy,
>Looks at bank balance, Looks at cost of a 2 year old Ghibli
Nope, lots of affordable Maseratis out there

Im ok with the grand tour. Its much more obviously scripted than top gear was, but at least it isnt the cringe-fest s23 turned out to be. There are a few genuinely funny moments. Killing off celebrities was amusing the first episode, should have quit while they were ahead on that. Some of the videos are good too. James' gt40 segment was great and the opening was a hell of a lot more emotional than a show about cars has any right to be. but unfortunately a lot of the rest feels forced.

Honestly, it feels like they picked up right where they left s22, just under a new name and a few different shticks. A lot of people dont like that, but im fine with it. Im actually looking forward to harris being a main host on s24.

>tldr complaining on a hatian earthquake relief board isnt going to change anything

It had some good moments but the beach buggy two-parter was pretty bad. I didn't need to watch them drive in circles and crest dunes for 45 minutes. So much pointless boring bs, and there was hardly a goal, just "go here for no reason"

it's a simple fix really
>cut celebrity braincrash

>cut the saxophone intro to conversation street and give it a better name. "and now it's time for autotalk/cartalk"

>give the american an actual personality and not just spew one note humor. The guy is a legit redneck race car driver, surely he has some interesting input like motortrend's head to head hot lap segments

>cut the special effects budget in half so the challenges are forced to have more spontaneous and less "oh jeremy's car exploded and the explosion looks like a hollywood fake as fuck explosion"

>surely he has some interesting input like motortrend's head to head hot lap segments
because that requires personality

This. Feels forced as shit.

God that gt40 segment was good wasn't it? Hope they learn from it

>A lot of people dont like that, but im fine with it.
But it was already dipping in quality back then mate

apart from that snow special it was just meh

Stop whinning you faggot. It's not good.

>less stupid forced jokes
>less time wasting bore like the CBC

>add 1 review per episode
>add 1 challenge per episode

Unfortunately every car being trashed around that track must be viewed this way with no audio.

>we're introducing a celebrity but he dies
Is this a running unjoke now? Are they going to waste five minutes of every episode like this?

I don't even remember how that segment went in the latest episode, I think I automatically stopped paying attention until it was over.

I think they know now. Will be amazed if it appears in series 2.

Chris Hoy gets blown up while rowing a boat on Loch Ness.

oh look it's this thread again

every hatchback episode was good.