Is suicide wrong?

Is suicide wrong?

Yes. The government loses another tax payer

Not for weebs

No, and neither is it ''selfish''.
It's more selfish to expect someone to suffer just because you'd be a bit sad if they offed themselves.

It's the only thing that you can't regret doing in your life

I see, what if the person had children wouldn't that make them selfish for leaving his child behind?

Good one

At that point I suppose it becomes selfish, yes.
Although if the child is left with what ever they may need for a happy life it's sort of questionable.

>Thales said there was no difference between life and death. "Why, then," said some one to him, "do not you die?" "Because," said he, "it does make no difference."
-Diogenes

no one size fits all. suicides can have a very different impact depending on the circumstances

It's retarded.

> Have life
> Waste it because of emotions
> Decide not to do something outrageous or fun before you off yourself

The world is yours to explore and you can manipulate what you can. Do something crazy or fun before you kill yourself. Do something that somebody with something to live for wouldn't do.

That's wrong, though.

They lose a taxpayer, but they also have one less person who will draw on social benefits in old age. So basically the government has gotten all of the taxes you paid before your death for free.

>why kill yourself when you can jerk it in an urn in the market?

not the worst philosophy tbf

This post is literally the same thing anyone that has never wanted to kill themselves says

I tried to jump of a bridge, believe me if you want I pussied out. Still struggle with it every day.

But being alive is always better than being dead, you will be dead soon enough, but you may never live again - suicide is the weak way out.

I had suicidal thoughts in middle school and I agree with the guy you replied to.

Why shouldn't you go out with a bang?

Of course the ideal situation would be in a avant garde grand finale but an actual depressed person doesn't think in those terms. They want the misery to stop as soon as possible and being disconnected from everything else by pure sadness can make a person do things they might not do with a better judgment.

>social security
>this is what millennials believe

True, I know what you mean when I think about it.

Honestly if you're suicidal, wait. Usually, people act on the spur of the moment, judgement clouded by emotions.

Be rational about it, think of the possibilities of how to fix your issues causing you to have these suicidal thoughts, and then make an informed decision whilst in a clear state of mind.

If there is no other reasonable solution aside from suicide, only then should you consider it. Furthermore, don't think suicide is easy. It takes quite a bit of research and planning, e.g an excuse for missing work, planning the method of suicide (I know for hanging yourself you have to take into account weight and length of rope etc) and making sure you won't get interrupted.

Suicide shouldn't be a moral decision - it's a choice made by an individual that decides what they want to do with their life.

If you're having suicidal thoughts, speak to someone like a therapist, and if they can't help you go ahead. As long as you've rationally thought about it, who am I to tell you how to live?

>giving advice to suicidal people
>expecting it to make a difference

You're trying to put out a forest fire with a pail of water, user.

>wrong

Depends how old the child is and can the person take care of the child

But suicide kills the ego.

I have very little money and everything is expensive here, depression fucked my school plans, I finally got the courage to drop out this year and now Im 25y old depressed virgin with welfare money

Lol, Veeky Forumstorian btfo. How will he ever recover?

"Wrong" is a loaded word, but I do thing it's foolish. You only have one life, suicide is just wasting it. Now maybe if you're at the end of your life and you're suffering and know for certain that there's no way out, you could make a good argument for suicide. However, if you're a young person suffering from a chemical imbalance in the brain, there are much better options. And I say this as someone who has depression (passed down on my father's side) and thinks about suicide constantly.

All lives are wasted

If all lives are wasted then none are wasted. "Wasted" implies that there's a way that they can't be wasted, that there's some lost potential there. Your argument is self-defeating.

Anyways, the only way to waste your life is by ending it, you're cutting your own rare experience of sentience short.

>"Wasted" implies that there's a way that they can't be wasted
No it doesnt

Devil's advocate: a way to avoid life being "wasted" would be to not create it in the first place.

Not that I'm fond of anti-natalism.

Do I need to start pulling out the dictionary?

Face it, you made a careless statement.

wasted
ˈweJstJd/
adjective
adjective: wasted

used or expended carelessly or to no purpose.

All lives are expended to no purpose

#

Again, that implies that there's some lack of a purpose that could conceivably be fulfilled if certain conditions were in place. There's a difference between something being "missing" and something not being there in the first place.

Before we get into a semantics game, I just want to make it clear that you're the one who replied to my post which had a very specific definition about the word "waste", you can't just change it to suit your needs.

>They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person.

If you believe all human life is valuable, then it's wrong.

David 'Ali' Sonboly, is that you?

There was no clearly implied definition of waste in the post I replied to, regardless lack of a purpose does not imply there conditions under which purpose can actually it exist. Being able to conceive of something does not imply its possible for that thing to have external existence

Suicide is wrong in the sense that it makes everyone else feel annoyed that someone had the nerve to win the game.

The idea that a finite life is worth anything at all is a Sunk Cost Fallacy.

Don't believe me? The smartest people in the world are obsessed with cryogenics.

There's nothing wrong with anything.

It's usually loosely planned anyway, up until the "straw that breaks the camels back".

I can't remember where I heard this, I think maybe a documentary about people jumping from the golden gate Bridge. They say as soon as you jump, your worries shrink to nothing.

Yes.

If dying is part of your self interest who gives a fuck anyway

Eyeballs are hairless
>well I guess that implies eyes can grow hair

>the courage to drop out
You mean cowardice? Ya big pussy

I think it would be too popular if it was encouraged as an alternative

Until today, I took I hiatus off Veeky Forums for the last 2 - 3 months, for reasons. I remember now why I stuck around, when I found this place 5 years ago,
I'm aware this is nothing but self-insulgence, but not being here has been the worst Ive felt for years
This is my life support

Whatever, the term doesn't make a difference. It takes guts to be a coward anyway because of social pressure.

>>This is my life support
>coven of angry shitposting autists is your life support
You truly have my condolences.

Guess you can say he really made you think..

Honestly my everyday interactions have felt 10 times harder
For better or worse I feel enfranchised coming here regularly
I am more than aware that I am a lost cause, but you do what you can

>implying wasted has an objective meaning unless it's been specifically outlined and agreed upon by the participants of this thread.

Laughing @u rn senpai

To be honest, Veeky Forums IS empowering.

You can post whatever you want the same way the "angry shitposting autists" can, even if you're not one of them.

There's no unfair bullying in here. They can tell miserable things to you but you can reply back without any fear of getting your ass kicked and your life wrecked (unless, of course, you post info about yourself but that's an exception to the overall rule of anonymity here).

Just to clarify myself: Veeky Forums is empowering compared to real life or other social networks where you can't have that same power, NOT compared to the other posters, because when everyone is empowered, nobody really is.