/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a possible fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/arsenal-overhaul/
youtube.com/watch?v=mWHQ6dMnU6I
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/coc-1422-patch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

Duty > Military > Loners > Ecologists > Clear Sky > Mercenaries > Monolith > Bandits >>>>>>>>Renegades>>>>>>>>>>>>>>zombies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mutants>freedom

I
SAID
COME
IN

3rd for Kill yourself weeb

4th for
>anime

>Duty and military at the top

I mean, MAYBE duty, but military?

look im not bashing on weebs or anything but how can you unironically think that this is a good image for a place devoted to discussing a game like stalker?

You can't go there.

its not even stalker related

kys weeb

>weeb shit

welp at least the op wasnt fucked.

>nazi weebs
CAn't think of anything more cringeworthy than this 2bh, kys weeb

she is cute tho

bandits > everyone

bandits are a meme faction

>implying that freedom its better than the vegetation or the radiation itself

I think he did that due to the relation of duty and military their main goal just getting rid of the zone differences being the hostility to the others in the zone "illegally" With military only having allies with the Ecologist and maybe Clear Sky if i can remember CoC factions right now and duty practically friends to everyone except of course monolith and bandits

I'm sorry stalker, that was the best I could come up that said "guard". Here, have a vendor.

ALOOOOHA

>try to sneak pass the bandit base and into Truck Cemetary with waaaaay to much loot
>end up stuck inside the building across from the base and getting shot at/mowing down anyone that decides to come upstairs to the second floor

CoCk with WeaponGulash, Itemsoup and Outfit Addon
Got this error when I turned in a quest to a random stalker

u sure you arent using anything else?

Maybe the reward included ammo from WeaponGulash, try it again for a different award

fug

I GOT ALL THE SHIT YOU'RE EVER GONNA NEED

I'm actually playing on Stalker, but those values don't seem to be changed by changing the difficulty as I tested Veteran and Master too with identical results. At close range, bandits have a firing delay of 300 to 500ms after they fully "spot" you (which is instant with such a low detection value) before they will open up on you, and with their base fire dispersion so low (walking is 2.0 and running is 4.0) and ammo multipliers so high. In practical terms, this means when a bandit runs around a corner, you have 0.3 to 0.5 seconds to shoot him enough to either kill him, or put him in a wounded state so that he's temporarily hitstunned, or you're instantly killed with laser-accurate, highly damaging weapon fire. To express how ridiculous that is, the average person has a reaction time of around 280ms, which leaves you with 0.02 to 0.22 seconds after you see the enemy, to aim at him and fire enough to kill or disable him.

There are some weird things I've found to be difficulty-based, like weapon drop condition [local cond_add = 5*(3-level.get_game_difficulty()], but all of the formulas appear similar to that (repairs being better based on difficulty, weapons dropping in higher condition based on difficulty).

>Is it because the AI is shit
Not shit in the sense that it's not fixable, but shit in the sense that the default values are shit. Can fix all of it though, and tune them to your exact liking more or less.

Installed Weapon Gulash, then Itemsoup, then outfit addon and then the compatibility patches that WG came with
I have Questlines installed with the WG compatibility patch but I didn't think it'd do anything since it's not a questline mission

>I have Questlines installed with the WG compatibility patch

a compatability patch for WG for questlines? where?

Is it possible to get Friend of Duty if I never got Morgan's PDA? I accidentally slept through Transaction, and never actually did anything with that mission. So, I don't have Morgan's PDA and I can't give it to anybody. I can still get General Tachenko's PDA, and turn Flint over to Shulga, and then suggest that Strider be recruited to Duty, but I'm worried that might not be enough.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Morgan's PDA is required for all 3 faction achievements.

Scratch that, I mixed it up with another mods compatibility patch

Slavaboos

>koreanabloos

>Oi suka go "scout" the military base in agroprom :^)
>fuck it, grab RPG, AUG and 200 AP rounds
>things are going well
>army guy pulls out grenade and I sprint for cover
>tracks me midair or whatever and blows me to bits
I have never ever managed to kill anyone with a grenade and this piece of shit takes me out while I had a decked out heavy seva. RIP another ironman.

>should I keep the seva or go hunt for an exosuit

More ridiculous JP2 nonsense.

So it turns out that a lot of the "scenery" items that are placed in the world aren't actually anchored, and if the player touches them or they get shot, they "drift". They also "drift" along terrain on their own.

This includes trees. Webm very related.

I think there's an Exo and the PKP with a 100% spawn inside the tank in red forest.

I'm talking for CoC.

Never played JP2, I only dabbled in Stalkersoup for like 3 hours.

Seems like there's some weird shit going on in that mod.

Fuck this trash mod and fuck the people who made it. I hope they all get cancer.

Yeah, that shit is there in CoC too, at least with STCoP.

What mod, user?

Tell us your troubles.

>What mod, user?

Well it's Call of Misery so I should have known it'd be a completely broken pile of garbage.

>enemies know where you are all the time even if you have a suppressed weapon and engage at range

>enemies can throw grenades 50 meters with pinpoint accuracy but you can't throw 20 meters

>enemies can one-shot you from across the map with perfect accuracy even if you are literally shooting them in the face

>enemies can hit the single pixel of your knee sticking out from behind cover killing you instantly or causing you to bleed to death

>burner anomalies magically kill you from 10 feet away in agroprom underground despite the fact they don't do this ANYWHERE ELSE

The entire dev team should get fucking leukemia.

When i played it, enemy bullets felt pretty weak if i was far away, but i got lit the fuck up at close/mid range. Accuracy felt fair, at least.

I assume the STCoP addon for it adjusts this stuff, but idk the actual values.

>When i played it, enemy bullets felt pretty weak if i was far away

Well I'd love to know your secret because in an Overcoat with two sheets of kevlar I get shot one or two times and I'm totally fucked because if I'm not already dead I will bleed to death unless I apply a bandage and a stimpack.

>he thinks trenchcoats protect from fire good

just lilke any other mod with some added difficulty, you need to get better gear to deal with the challenges ahead

>play meme mod
>get meme'd on
Every time :^)

On a serious note, I find both Misery and CoM to be shit, but I can walk you through how to fix your problem with enemy accuracy and detection if you still want to play it.

Well it was mostly bandits and whatnot, so take my experience with a grain of salt.
I dunno, but i felt like i was able to take more bullets in a low tier suit than i could in normal misery.

Maybe their accuracy is just shit and they hit low damage areas.

What's a good suit to go artifact hunting in? And how can I tell if the Svarog is picking up an artifact and not just an anomaly?

Tip: The trenchcoat IS better gear. The fucking game starts you out with a leather jacket. I'll let you know when I amass the 42,000 excess rubles to buy a Mercenary Suit. That's also how much it costs to buy a mid-range gun. Hell it costs some 1,500 rubles just to get clean food for a day and ammo might as well be made out of 24 karat gold.

Right after I figure out how to complete these entirely impossible objectives the game has given me like Assassinate Sergeant Major Dickfart at the Agroprom Military Base or Assassinate Monolith General FaggotShit literally standing on top of the Chernobyl NPP.

>I can walk you through how to fix your problem with enemy accuracy and detection if you still want to play it.

That would be nice, just so long as it doesn't completely castrate them. I'm not averse to challenge but this mod is just flat out stupid. I don't know how anybody plays it for more than an hour without screeching at their monitor in an incoherent rage. That's what I feel like doing.

With the svarog the icons for anomalies and artifacts look different.

Anomalies show up as white icons, artifacts are green dots

>fresh install of vanilla CoC + latest patch (runs fine)
>apply latest AO
>pic related on launch

whyyyy

am i retarded and missing something or what

did you install it on top of cop?

nope it's just standard CoC with the patch

i tested it before applying AO and it works perfectly

What's the best render for CoC with this type of PC? True STALKER experience cyka))))))) But i am getting a Upgrade to a 4GB graphics card for $90-150 in a month or so

Artifact = Green blip
Anomaly = White drawing of anomaly

Open up m_stalker.ltx and find the vision settings.

These are stalker_vision_free and stalker_vision danger, representing the two states NPCs reside in. Free, meaning they don't detect anything, danger meaning they do detect something and are in combat.

Further down the page we've got eye_range and eye_fov.

Eye range is how far they can see, and this is multiplied by the view distance settings near the top (min_view_distance and max_view_distance).

Eye FoV is their field of view. The larger the number, the wider the cone.

Next we've got visibility_threshold, which is how large the detection bar is (hidden in misery by default, but you've probably seen it before). The lower the number, the smaller the bar, and thus the faster they can detect you.

Related to visibility_threshold is time_quant, which is how fast that bar rises when you're being seen. Lower value = faster detection. Then we've got decrease_value, which is how fast the bar falls when break line of sight. Higher value = bar drops faster.

Then we've got always_visible_distance. At this distance, if the enemy is looking at you, even if they wouldn't otherwise be able to detect you, they can detect you. I don't know if it's a function of meters, or is a fraction of their modified eye_range, but we can drop it to 0 to remove it altogether since it's a shit effect and doesn't make any sense.

Next is luminosity_factor. The higher the value, the slower their detection is based on ambient light level.

Transparency_threshold is how well they can see through transparent objects such as bushes. The higher the value, the more their vision will be obstructed. Something around 0.9 completely stops them from seeing through bushes.

We've also got sound_threshold, which is how loud a sound needs to be before they detect it. Default for CoC is 0.08. Higher value = reduced hearing.

show me a fucking map to this tank.

Finally, we have the fire dispersion settings such as disp_walk_stand. This is the spread multiplier while they're in that state. The higher the number, the higher the weapon+ammo's spread are multiplied. A value of 1 would be 1x the spread, a value of 12 would be 12x the spread.

Depending on the mod, you may also need to change the settings in m_bandit and m_army, etc, or you may not. Fuck around with them and you'll find values that are good for you.

Get outfit addon and use the Armored SEVA suit instead.

It's the tank with the bubble anomaly on it from Clear Sky that you need to go through to get to forester. It's in the top right of the map.

Oh, almost forgot. Right below the fire dispersion settings are the enemy reaction times which are pretty self explanatory.

We have weapon_min/max_queue_interval_close/medium/far which is the time in milliseconds after the detection bar fills up, the delay that's in place until they start shooting at you. So 300 would be 300ms which is 0.3 seconds, etc.

I believe weapon_min/max_queue_size is how many shots they will "burst" at you in one volley at a given range.

see

well i just tried it with AO3 v5
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/arsenal-overhaul/

and 1.422 patch (i'm already on that patch)
and i had no problem.
>pic related
did u download AO from moddb or the repo?

fuck me i just realized i only used google and accidentally downloaded the old standalone AO and not the CoC addon

thank you for linking the real one and making me realize user

user...

Alright lads I'm going out on an extended adventure

How's this loadout look

Way too much .45, and the SVU is pretty shit, but shotgun+sniper rifle is always a 9/10 setup.

You probably don't need that much food or the repair items(you'll find a ton of both on dead bodies). Maybe the science medkits? idk how much they weigh.

Ammo situation seems fine. maybe switch some of the .45 for more shotgun shells.

>the SVU is pretty shit
It's been working well so far, what would you recommend instead?

>maybe switch some of the .45 for more shotgun shells
I think I will, actually

you need vodka user

more shotty shells tbhfamalam

and uprade ur suit m8

You're right, shit

What should I get?

G3SG/1, of course.

Is there a way to tune down how often AI uses grenades in weapongoulash? I met a squad of three Military and they all pulled out grenades as soon as they spotted me. Can't even dodge them properly because they are so accurate. It's Clear Sky all over again.

So /sg/ what is the best freeplay mod? Doom's mod merge or CoCk

I choose DMM for now CoCk gets boring after a while and there is nothing much to do

(Sleeves game on point tho)

>playing CoC
>Storymode, Ironman, Duty
>get something like 50k worth of gear, farthest i've gotten so far
>fighting against a single freedom dude that's left
>get shot in the head and die immediately
>Lost to the Zone

I wanna die

Watch out for anomalies near the entrance to Garbage.

hello /sg/ i am a poor boy with nothing but a shitty laptop with an integrated graphics card. i play stalker with standard lighting and almost all options set to minimum

pls post high quality gameplay footage webbums for me

>arbitrary 3mb limit without sound
>high quality gameplay footage
You aren't going to get that here.

what is this gasmask overlay and how do you play without being able to see shit

As far as I know, they use their fire dispersion settings for grenade accuracy, so I don't think you can give them a "realistic" spread to grenades without also giving them stormtrooper aim with everything else. For the frequency, I'm sure you can change that somewhere, but I've never found the string.

>what is this gasmask overlay
It's from Smurth's dynamic hud.
>how do you play without being able to see shit
Stick to non-ironman and savescum a lot.

>get quest to find wolf's razor
>go to tunnel behind car park
>like 6 bloodsuckers running around fighting fleshes
>climb on box and use almost all 12g ammo killing them
>enter tunnel and loot bag
>dozens of zombies instantly spawn, covering the entire tunnel

I got meme'd.

>get a quest that takes me to prypiat
>crying like a bitch because my bizon is less than half
>didn't have the scratch to get a full set of shit
>Arrive in prypiat
>get meme'd by 3 chimeras.
>even with a halfway upped exo suit
Well, the red forest did yield that exo and pkp. But, stash'd the pkp and shit for another time.

>But, stash'd the pkp and shit for another time

>bizon
>9mm pew pew machine

you memed yourself lad

I like having overlays that obstruct my vision when I'm wearing a mask, and who says I'm not playing ironman?

>bear takes 12 loads of buckshot to the face to down
Jesus, fix your creature multipliers.

How many loads of buckshot does the average bear take to kill?

twenty.

So one of the most annoying things about Joint Pak 2 is how restrictive the repair system is.

We can either purchase weapon or armor repair kits which are prohibitively expensive, can be used once to repair for 10%, and only work above a certain percent.

Or we can pay a price based on the item's value and a "black power" artifact, which are obtained from quests. Additionally, to repair a weapon we must also sacrifice a weapon of the same caliber. This makes sense, and works well in encouraging the player to hoard shitty weapons to use for parts, but the artifact requirement is steep and annoying.

Inside the repair_check.script we see the line :local parts_wpn = {"art_acumm"}

This is the "additional item" requirement, and art_acumm is the internal item name for the black power artifact. By changing this to say, vodka, we can now repair weapons by paying a fee, sacrificing an additional weapon of the same caliber, and a bottle of vodka, while leaving the armor's requirement of being repaired by the artifact (as there are no sacrificial requirements for the armor otherwise) in place.

Reasonably, just one to either critically wound it and drop it on the spot, or critically wound and completely disorient it if you get it in the face. I think from a gameplay balancing perspective, 2-3 shots to the face would be reasonable.

youtube.com/watch?v=mWHQ6dMnU6I

Tried instaling this in CoC 1.4.19
STCOP>Itemsoup>Weapon sway removal>OA>OA STCOP patch>Itemsoup OA patch
And got this:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression :
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 520
[error]Description : fatal error
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'booster_script'. Please attach [*.ini_log] file to your bug report

stack trace:

0023:00A0717C xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fatal()
0023:00A09801 xrCore.dll, CInifile::Load()
0023:00A0A3B8 xrCore.dll, CInifile::CInifile()
0023:00428DE5 xrEngine.exe, CObjectList::o_crow()
0023:00469F3A xrEngine.exe, InitSettings()
0023:00469973 xrEngine.exe, CApplication::CApplication()
0023:004696E6 xrEngine.exe, CApplication::CApplication()
0023:00432FB3 xrEngine.exe, CObjectList::o_crow()
0023:74B938F4 KERNEL32.DLL, BaseThreadInitThunk()
0023:77805DE3 ntdll.dll, RtlUnicodeStringToInteger()
0023:77805DAE ntdll.dll, RtlUnicodeStringToInteger()

Were did I fucked up /sg/?

Why not 1.4.22?

There is a 1.4.22?

this.

this is also the reason you are crashing m8. as the item soup is for 1.4.22. it clearly says it is

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/coc-1422-patch

Different user but mine only had the PKP and 2000 rounds. No exo suit.