Anything I should know before buying a baby like this?

Anything I should know before buying a baby like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

touringcartimes.com/2009/05/07/the-road-cars-of-touring-car-racing-bmw-m3-e30/
sigfest.com/history.php
tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/296392-bmw-e30-m3-most-successful-touring-car-all-time.html
motorsportretro.com/2013/10/pure-intentions-pure-handling-pure-sound-the-legendary-e30-m3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ehhh.... some reason I went through a phase where I wanted an E30. Wait, I know the reason, the internet shilled so much about them. Regular Cars made me go out and check on eout. After driving one, well, they feel like a tin box, a shit box of a car. Rattly, noisy, raw. It's not a bad thing for me, but vastly underpowered in today's times.

Still love how they look though. Call up auto parts places and ask about fuel pumps, alternators, etc just to see not just pricing, but how long it may take for them to get the parts.

fun but weak swap tho and ull be getting mad gash

A piece of shit overrated by delusional fanboys

>be me
>germanyfag
>DD '89 manual 320i since 2 years

basically what said, if you expect a comfy and sporty sedan you'll be disappointed. 325's are better, but even them can't be considered fast in today's times.
Depending on where you're located expect lots of rust and oil leaks if the car hasn't been maintained regularly. M20 engines are kinda prone to cracks in the cylinder head if they've been through a lot of abuse.

If you know what you're in for you can still enjoy them.

fucking jdm fag fanboys hang yourselves.
None of your JDM ''''''legends'''''' will be as legendary as the E30, live with it sad cunts.

There are over a dozen JDM cars already more legendary than the E30 and none of them need engine swaps to hit a 15-second quarter mile

None of them are the winningest race car in history though.

And neither is anything made by BMW

The E30 is literally the only car to beat Porsche 911 in terms of outright motorsport wins. No nip car can even touch it. Educate yourself JDM trash fanboy, there is a reason M3's are skyrocketing in price.
touringcartimes.com/2009/05/07/the-road-cars-of-touring-car-racing-bmw-m3-e30/
sigfest.com/history.php
tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/296392-bmw-e30-m3-most-successful-touring-car-all-time.html
motorsportretro.com/2013/10/pure-intentions-pure-handling-pure-sound-the-legendary-e30-m3/

Rule one: you buy them only for show off
Rule two: you LOVE wrenching and you WILL wrench shit. prices are now highly depend on cosmetic condition. god knows whats happening under hood
Rule three: you don't daily it
Rule four: you WILL have problems finding parts, even used ones.
Rule five: if you try to do project with it. remember - amount you put money =/= amount of money someone gonna pay.
Rule six: if you think selling this car as a done project is easy. youre wrong, because its difficult. car-guys buy them molested to repair them. collectors buy "never touched by a bug condition" and they wont buy off some random internet ad website. normal people dont want these 80's shitboxes. they buy something thats trendy/popular, reliable, decently cheap and so on. and racebois dont buy these in excellent condition as well. because theyll remove all cosmetic shit like bumpers anyway.
Rule seven: youre potentially in a list of people who might get robbed. original, expensive wheels, rare parts, powerful engine and so on. world aint all sunshine. prepare to store it good.
Rule eight: yeah, youre not gonna drive it on winter. so really - depends on climate conditions in your country - youre mostly gonna drive it in summer. but then again - where u gonna drive? its not practical, its not superiorly fast, its not comfy. to meetup with other bros and drive back home?
there's probably more there to add here, but im just too lazy

>JDM trashboy
I don't even like gook cars, but they're all 100% better than the yuppie wagon that is the E30.

>there's a reason that M3s are skyrocketing in price
Because they have the same kind of trash fanbase of cum-slurping fagboys the 911 does?

Nigga shut the fuck up JDM fuck boy you ain't shit and you'll always be a faggot who knows jackshit about cars. Legit kill yourself you fucking faggot I hate you little shitheads that think a 4cyl Honda shit box is the best car in the world, Nigga fuck you and your shit. Nigga fuck you get back to high-school you little bitch. I swear Nigga you dont know shit, bitch pull up pussy ass bitch Nigga.

The reason is because the E30 M3 is the most victorious racing car ever produced, nice reading comprehension imbecile.
You like garbage cars thats okay, still does not change the fact that you're a retard.

Not OP but thank you keep up the good work user

thanks user. since youre interested, ill might add some more of my thoughts
#9: since youre mostly gonna buy for show off, it must be in superior cosmetic condition. a good polishing takes fucking hours to do. and you must do it with care, because if you fuck up, it'll be shit
#10: its gonna sit most of the time not driven. do you even have storage for it? i mean you wont put it on the street, do you? a garage is not enough. it must be warm there as well. do you have that?
#11: thats probably solely my point, but, when you finish your project and, lets say, a month (or few months) pass. what are u gonna do then? i might have a shit personality, but i'd get bored of it pretty quickly, unless it has M3 motor. its finished project, theres nothing to do with it. as stated earlier, i doubt you sell it fast. and if you do, price probably will be low for you to be happy. unless you have a multiple storage garage, then yeah, shits probably gonna work out.
#12: talk about wrenching. do you even know how to work on cars? knowing how to change spare tyre or fill up gas tank is not enough. more importantly - do have proper tools and equipment to work on your car? its not like youre gonna drive to repair shop every other day.

all above that, you know what makes it a really sad situation (at least for me personally)? having no one to show your work. i mean, yeah, youre gonna drive to some meet or show off, somone will take pics of your swan. aaaaaaaand thats it? i dont really have hundreds of buddies or friends. nor my father or mother or anyone else in my family understands shit about cars and keeping them in excellent condition. yes, i make it for myself, but i want to share that joy and happiness with someone else, but no one really cares.

Anyone who says E30s are shit cars are contrarians. Owning one myself I'll give you the truth:
>Slow as balls
>Lots of lil mechanical gremlins
>Handles really well
>Likes to skid
>Relatively simple to work on
>Motors are solid but quirky
>You'll get looks, but only from BMW enthusiasts

If you want to go fast here a few select upgrades: Z3 rack, RX7 brakes, 5 lug swap + coilovers of your choice, M20B25 + kamotors turbo kit. Basically anything fits in the engine bay. These are primarily project cars but can be a DD without issues. Also you should work on it yourself unless you like spending lots of money. Don't get an M40 or any of the m20s less than 2.5L.

Fucking hilarious considering my lightly modified Honda Fit GD8 can outpace this ancient junk easily.

A lighly modified ancient E30 can outpace your jdm shitbox though.

No.

>triggered

The E30 is not the car for boyracers, not even the 325i. It's about raw driving feel, reliability and mostly style. Professional durifto's should look elsewhere.

The BRZ can't even outpace a 30 year old E30 with less power to weight ratio LMAO you cant make this shit up

This thread is so fucking cancer. Make sure you get a 325i(s). The 325e(s) is hopelessly slow, and the 318i(s) is even slower (note than an "s" indicates sport trim package). Being that they are 25+ year old cars, there are some common issues, none of which are really that big of a deal. Pretty much all BMWs from the 80s had 2 fuel pumps. One low power transfer pump in the tank, and a main one outside. The low power transfer pumps are shit and they die without much notice. You can either replace both pumps with one high pressure pump in the tank, or by keeping the stock high pressure pump and putting a generic low power pump in the tank (people generally recommend a TRE 250lph for the former, and aftermarket pumps for early 1970s Chevy Vegas for the latter). The odometers are prone to fail because of the shit plastic they use on the gears, garagistic has aftermarket nylon gears that are good and easy to install. The Idle control valve, cold start injector, and temp sensors are all relatively failure prone as well, so use a service manual to test them if the car is running a bit shit, especially when cold. The later cars have a bunch of systems that fail and are expensive to fix, so be prepared to live without an airbag, ABS, etc. If you're getting an M3 though, most of this doesn't apply. Just be prepared to pay out your butthole for exorbitantly expensive this-and-thats that are always going wrong.

E30 M3's start at 100k here. I would demand bread on hood if I saw someone here claiming he owns one.

>2007 S2000
>slower than a 1989 E30
JDM fag cars are pathetic.

An E30 with suspension mods and a $500 M50 engine swap beats an E30 M3 on track.

325e's are worth buying for creating a super ETA stroker.

well it's not that expensive because of its racing qualities. an engine swapped beetle from the 50's with aftermarket suspension would beat an M3 on track.

lmao triggered

I dailied my 325is until I got run off the road and rolled it. I'm working with a BMW shop where they're letting me store it and work on parting it out. We pulled the engine yesterday and it's in good condition still.
If I get another E30, 325e probably, would my M20B25 just fit in easily?
I've also heard about putting the B25 head on the ETA engine, you can make a 2.7L high revving high torque engine. Is there any secret to that or can I just put everything from the 325is into the 325e?

Geez, chill out, Tyrone.