What would be a reasonable price for a Toyota supra with 70k miles and in good condition?

What would be a reasonable price for a Toyota supra with 70k miles and in good condition?
Pic unrelated

MK1, MK2, MK3, or MK4?

Mk3

turbo or N/A?
manual or automatic?

No turbo and automatic

God damn, just kill yourself while you're at it.

Honestly it's not a bad idea at this point but I'm adding a supercharger later in time

So the least desirable model period.
depending on condition, anywhere from $1500 to 3k.

Oh okay well that's not too terrible. Thank ya!

why bother. take the I6 and automatic out. The 2JZ swap it with a proper manual.

Either 2JZ swap or LS1 swap.

Oh I'd love to. I just don't have the know how or the cash to have someone to do it for me

save money, research, and learn. Get someone who knows what they're doing to help with it or do the work. Again. Save up for this.

So you think it'd be the better plan to hold off on the supercharger and instead just engine swap it?

Is this what a 2017 troll thread looks like? Holy fuck.
Why would you use a picture of a supra mk4 when you have a pos mk3. Also it being a manual would have made it less desirable you chump.
I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

yes

>overrated pigfat meme car only cool cause of the nice M/T and engine

>gets the automatic NA version

same i am not even gonna bother shitposting in here i am so disgusted

Auto Supra n/a i6 is completely defeating the point of fucking owning one

OP if you want a GT 90's crusier get a SC300 1UZ auto and turbo it

Nah man I'm just trying to get an opinion on things and I just googled a picture of a supra

If you want a Supra, you want one with a manual. The automatic cars are worthless.

oh in that case get a SC300

this i had the same gearbox in my mx83 and the 3.0l in it was almost the same as a non vvti jz and it was SLOW like barely 7.0 too 55mph

sc300 is n/a auto even more pigfat. It's the sc400 that has the 1uz. Even then you need to strip it and get a manual transmission

3,505 lb (1,590 kg) (1992 SC 300 automatic)
1,410 kg (3,109 lb) - 1,510 kg (3,329 lb) (non-turbo)
1,490 kg (3,285 lb) - 1,570 kg (3,461 lb) (turbo)

oh wow its fucking nothing like what 20kg differnce?

Is it an easier system to deal with if its manual?

That's a nice car but I'd like to stick with Toyota if it's all the same to you

YES obviously

>more power
>simplier
>handle more power
>usually the same price or a little bit more if you swap a w58
They are the same and the SC300 is LITERALLY the same car

You realize we're talking about the A70.

So it is the same car just a different badge?

Lexus is built by Toyota you fucking moron.
You want a manual transmission car. The automatics are worthless and not worth modifying.

The ONLY reason to get an automatic is if you get it dirt cheap and do a manual swap.

Lmao what do you think Lexus is?

its the same platform just older breh

A70 Weight

1,350–1,540 kg (2,976–3,395 lb) (manual)
1,625–1,815 kg (3,583–4,001 lb) (automatic)

The Lexus SC300/SC400 is actually closer to the MK4 Supra.
The SC300 has a 3.0L 2JZGE I6. The SC300 came with either a 4 speed automatic or an uber rare 5 speed manual.
The SC400 came with a 4.0L 1UZ-FE V8. It was automatic only, but many manual swap kits exist. If you go for a Lexus SC, many will say go for the SC400 and swap it to manual.

Oh man I feel dumb as shit. I completely forgot that lexus was made by toyota. Fuck man that's my bad

>uber rare 5 speed manual.
wasnt this jdm only or a limited option worldwide?
used to be a meme here

>wasnt this jdm only or a limited option worldwide?
worldwide. But if you had the money for an SC300 new, you weren't interested in rowing your own gears. The manuals do exist, but they're extremely rare.

yeah this was when autos where considered special and luxurious right? Ironic now how the same crowd wants manual and has to settle for DCT's

what pisses me off is Veeky Forums constantly says buying new isn't worth the depreciation. That they'll wait for the cars to get cheaper used. This completely ignores that manuals make up 6% of new car sales. So when they get cheaper used, Veeky Forums bitches they can't find a manual.
Well duh. The people with money bought automatics and now you're stuck with shit.
If you want a manual version of a new car, buy it new, if only to help shore up numbers of manuals instead of always buying used.

/rant over.

>If you want a manual version of a new car, buy it new, if only to help shore up numbers of manuals instead of always buying used.
Wish i could i'd go out and import a 7speed Vette if i could

Blame the boomers for hoarding EVERYTHING and giving the top 10% 90% of the wealth.

Of course nobody can afford to buy new cars if EVERYONE is in debt.

Good luck affording an R154 transmission to swap in, it'd cost almost 2k since they are getting difficult to find.

duno why faggots bother building auto trans these days the aftermarket outside of the GM 3 and 4 speeds is limited and they cost just as much, hell i can find a T56 cheaper rebuild than a T56 used

Trust me, 80's and 90's auto trans aren't as good as modern ones. They lose more horse power than the engine does through time. Even if you supercharge it with the auto you'll probably make the same power it did when the car came new.

>why faggots bother building auto trans these days

Because cunts have bought or kept most of the manual trans that were once on the market and now they are scarce especially if you're after one for an import since every cunt is after one after blowing up 3rd gear in their drift car. No wonder why V8 swaps are now popular in drifting, JDM parts are hard to find.
Just V8 manual swap it OP, you'll save dosh, there's an user on this board that has a V8 swapped Mk.ii poopra

T56 is cheaper than a auto rebuilt here in aus.

Guess nobody wants manuals here cunts even swap auto trans back in

Retarded fucked

you can still buy r154s brand new from toyota at least in nz for 3k