Why doesn't your car have a 510bhp naturally aspirated 5.0 V10 that revs to 8300rpm?

Why doesn't your car have a 510bhp naturally aspirated 5.0 V10 that revs to 8300rpm?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oeps18chvC0
youtube.com/watch?v=Oe7nDffgrrA
youtube.com/watch?v=xv251lDtGu0
youtube.com/watch?v=MN_pjbc9uQk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because the engineers didn't put one in it you autist.

Because I'd rather have a 16 liter that revs to 8000 and makes 4 figure power. Even a race engine will be more reliable than a high strung VW.

You mean you didn't tick it as an option on the list of optional extras?

Because I have a 530+ HP naturally aspirated 4.9L Chevy small block pushrod V8 that revs to 8500 instead.
youtube.com/watch?v=oeps18chvC0

>Even a race engine will be more reliable than a high strung VW.
It's a BMW though...

>It's a BMW though...

Pretty much the same desu

Same shit.

My bad. Thought it was an Audi. I'll fix it for me.

>Even a race engine will be more reliable than a high strung BMW.

Because it has a 511bhp naturally aspirated 5.1 V11 that revs to 8301rpm.

Interesting, so this engine has 2 less cylinders than a V10? What kind of benefits does that bring?

Let me guess, it's none?

Literally sounds like it's being fuelled by hammers, thats either the highest-strung engine in existence or they forgot to put oil in it.

Having a balanced engine, less combustion chamber surface area, shorter block.

>What kind of benefits does that bring?

see:
>Let me guess, it's none?
>getting pissy your "god-tier v10" is being outperformed by an American pushrod V8 that's 50 years old

high strung. The DZ302 was built specifically for homologation for Trans Am racing.
youtube.com/watch?v=Oe7nDffgrrA

>balanced engine
no one cares, engine balance can easily be sorted through not having a retarded firing order

less combustion chamber surface area
no it doesn't

shorter block
again, no one cares, this isn't 1999 and you aren't Audi fitting engines ahead of the front axle, cars have space for their engines

i don't like the autobox, anyway, should I grab this 2002 e39 m5? I already have a 2002 Lancia Thesis and a 92 300SL but I want a M5 so badly

>8300rpm
lol
youtube.com/watch?v=xv251lDtGu0

>oil viscosity slightly off spec
>spun bearing

Is that factory stock with a 3 year guarantee?

Price/mileage/condition?

Because the MSRP was a fraction of that M5.

Because it has a 420 bhp naturally aspirated 4.0 V8 that revs to 8400rpm.

But it's based off the V10 so we can still be friends right?

That sounds insane.

I wonder what the durability is tho haha probably one race and it's rebuild time.

>530hp
>at all an issue for a 5.0
No, m8.

10k / 250.000km / mint condition, it is in really nice shape

VW/Audi is FWD
BMW is RWD
do you guys even have a drivers license?

You missed the fact it's Chevy.

because there's no way in hell I could stuff that into my engine bay

Because I am poor
that engine itself costs twice as much as an M5

Why is the rest of the world so shit at building engines compared to America?

because it has a turbocharged inline 4 cylinder engine that makes around 600hp at 7000rpm

OP posted a production car engine that can be daily driven in comfort
This is a race engine that 0.5 MPGs
yeah america is very great

>Ultimate Driving Machine
Leave it to the Americans to come up with an arrogant advertising slogan that will be used ironically at every given chance. Whatever happened to "The Joy of Driving"? Not dumb and aggressive enough?!?

>DUDE AMERICANS XD

No, I specifically took that into account.

>heads up, chaps, the colonies are at it again

>we can still be friends right?
hmm...

Is your car a 6 speed manual or does it have the rice-box?

>that can be daily driven in comfort
In theory yes but in the real world no, 5mpg and dat unreliability will kill you.

mpg is not that bad, I see a grey E60 M5 being daily'd in my area

6mt of course!

>implying any of the V10 BMW M5's still have a warranty

This was an engine from the 1960's. Warranties were usually 90 days back then.

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

>250.000km
I wouldn't do it. Those engines don't last forever.

If you're up for an engine rebuild, I guess go ahead though.

Because I have a 6.4L V12 that revs to 8500.

Gonna need bread on that.

Literally like £10k in my country now, why don't I have one?

I'm poor.

Current owner of a E39 M5. And its amazing car that's totally worth buying.

It doesn't matter which wheels it drives if it's broken.

except bmw's are reliable cars with tough as fuck drivetrains. But Veeky Forums would not know better because 95% here is an autistic weeb jap crap lover

>except bmw's are reliable cars with tough as fuck drivetrains.
no.

In storage for the winter. Bored and built M73 in an 01 750il

sure, keep believing retarded estimates if it makes you feel better, whatever.

*Mercedes-Benz

You made a typing mistake buddy.

mercedes drivetrains are OK too.

150k mile lifespan isn't "tough as fuck"
Wrecking the valvetrain because the wrong oil spec was used isn't "tough as fuck"
Motor locking up due to lack of oil because of rotary-levels of oil consumption isn't "tough as fuck"
Burning out the clutchES faster than Billy in his riced Honda doing wicked skidz by driving normally isn't "tough as fuck"

I have to agree with this user even though I own two german cars.
Our cars is not the definition of ''tough as fuck'' and bulletproof. They require capricious maintenance and care.

Meanwhile you can run a fucking toyota Tercel/Corolla or honda civic on a 20,000KM mineral oil change and it will runs like it's brand new and last till 600,000KM.
That is bulletproof.

The high performance (M) models indeed require higher maintenance than non-M cars. Exotic supercars require high maintenance, that's no secret.
But the non-M cars can reach 300-600k miles only with oil, filter and bushing replacements. That is called bulletproof.

I ran my '96 Honda Accord (it had a cracked head) with 2 cycle oil/15w40 diesel oil mix for oil, 50/50 isopropyl alcohol/water for coolant, and a 70/30 mix of tranny fluid/gear oil in the automatic trans (custom stop slip for when you already know the tranny's already FUBAR). It lasted another 10k miles this way until I bought something else and scrapped it. Had 430k on the odo when it went to car heaven.

Tough as fuck was my first car. An 86 S-10 with a hole in the block. I got tired of watching the oil come back out so I stopped adding it. I ran it dry for 6 months.

Look, I own a pre Chrysler C-Series MB.
I know what you mean, I only make oil change on that thing, nothing breaks and it runs pretty well.
BUT, I can't confirm from my own eyes that its THAT BULLETPROOF. While I have seen half millions KMs toyota with no oil on the dipstick still running.

Damn, impressive!
I had a 1995 corolla that was eating oil like a mad ape at 400K KMs. I was putting every oil.I could.find even used oil.in it just to last. And guess what, it did.

I've had a 2003 E46 325 that I was driving around with low oil pressure for many, many miles, the miles including hooning, drifting and a 1440 mile trip across Europe. German cars can take abuse quite well, also look at all the Mercedes taxis with a million (and more) kilometers.

>Toyota manages to keep its three brands together at the good part of the list

Explain yourselves Honda and Nissan

>VW below average costs
>Audi WAY fucking up there
>they're literally the same thing
top kek, Audi owners are the biggest cucks on the road

Well, I agree with you on that.
I can even post my odometer of my W126 4.2 V8 MB.
All stock with 408.000KM

>But the non-M cars can reach 300-600k miles only with oil, filter and bushing replacements
You've never owned an E39, have you?

One of my absolute dream cars.Thinking on pulling the trigger on pic related but the mileage is 153k. They're asking $14k. Thoughts?

Audi is torsen not haldex reeeeeee

Because I have $30k more in the bank than op. And I don't like heavy cars with automatics.

Because I have a stage 1 455 in my buick skylark thats n/a and makes almost 700 hp and almost 800 ft lbs of torque

I've owned very high mileage E36's, E46's, currently own a 310k mile E60.

'cause my car's faster to 60, more practical and cheaper to run

still FWD-based
still has retarded engine placement
still understeers like a pig

oh fugg I want one soo badly

Lasts 400m before it needs to be junked
And I thought 6 miles corvettes were unreliable....

youre talking about haldex which is 4wd
torsen has differentials and is awd

everything VAG makes is the same FWD-based shit

No.

Video of it running? I haven't seen a bored M73 in a long time.

Because I want a reliable car.

Uhhh no it doesn't work like that. People do 1000+ mile trips with 3000hp drag cars. That engine will last a long time if you drive it normally. It's got enough torque at idle to rip a twingo in half so you wouldn't need to rev it high in the city or on the highway.

Because they don't sell starlets with V10s, silly user

They idle at 4000rpm what's your point bruhz
And no they don't do any kind of mileage while making power... they are detuned to shit and have a fucking trailer full of spare parts and a mechanic crew following them between tracks

Muh drag week fags are retarded grow a brain

[citation needed]

>muh cylinders
youtube.com/watch?v=MN_pjbc9uQk

>People do 1000+ mile trips with 3000hp drag cars
they put them in trailers, you dip shit
These things arent legal to drive on public roads

They're not F1 engines dumbass, nor are they top fuel dragster engines. That Sonny engine is just a giant V8, It's nothing specially really. The people at drag week are running big blocks with big turbo's, again nothing special.

See pic related. They're legal as fuck you commie.

>Why is the rest of the world so shit at building engines compared to America?

Said no one ever

>haven't been pulled over by cops yet means legal
Thats how it is in all the fly over states bruh

And again, those twin turbos big blocks are detuned as fuck and are a cunt to drive. Finicky as and suffer from mad heat issues
Not like you know any of this though, you just see a picture of a drag week car going down the interstate at 40mph towing a trailer of spare parts and a crew of mechanics following them and think it's no different to a normal commute in a civic... wake up

Because I have a 1.8 I4 that revs to 8,400

People have been doing this shit for a long time. They almost never get pulled over by the cops. It's amazing what a clean record and not acting like a nigger can achieve.

You kangaroo fuckers drive 0.7l diesels and still use DSL. I don't know if you get to comment on anything technology related... The freedom is too much for some to comprehend I guess.

Fuck off /leftypol/

Antifa are a laughing stock and an embarrassment for all left leaning individuals.