/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Super DED Edition
previous ded: →

The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta (never forget)
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

First for /seg/

not /egg/

First for hide and report

5rd for clank

/svgg/ will rise

So the propellers are cool I guess, but planes still suck dick, because plane suck dick in Robocucks no matter what you do.

You need to stack like 12 wings just to fly decently, and you'll still be shot down by some faggot across the map pointing in your general direction with a flak gun that just rips you in half.

And then the long homing missiles that almost never miss, and the rail guns, and the unlimited range machine guns, etc.

Compound blocks in spengieronis when

So this keeps happening to me, I start the game and go to jump to the roof but my jetpack is turned off and I fall. Last time I ran back to base and got in my small vessel and flew up to it, but it's still on the roof. I can't build up to it, too far from base and no supplies to start a new one. No motorcycle either. I have to run back to base and build a new flying vessel, don't I? Fuck.

Just jump into the air and build a block under you. Do that until you reach your ship, and either get inside it, or just hit "Y" up close to it to turn the power off so it falls down.

goddamnit it's so fucking hot

I can't concentrate in gaems like this

Engineer yourself a cooler.

13 for "fixes" breaking what already worked.

>robocraft adds plane propellers

>tons of players flying around in planes

>go into matches with flak and kill any plane that comes into my view with ease

>remind players that Freejam hates dogfighting

Design beginning to mature again.
>tfw no docking granted, command accepted it's only me

Can't build anything, too far from base. You have to look at the base and hold N to associate the block you want to lay with the base.
Just sharing my noob struggles with a shitty night-time screenshot, I'll deal. I even tried to brighten it in GIMP before posting. I'd do that little shruggy asciimote but it pisses me off so bad.
I'll make sure not to get my schadenfreude here, don't worry.

>graphics look like shit
>every robot is so far away they're impossible to appreciate
>the only gamemode worth playing is gone
Robocraft is truly dead.

robocucks get out

machinecraft best /egg/

So I presume Empyrion can be pirated, can it be played multiplayer with the Edward Teach edition or do I need to dig deep into my shekel shelves for online play?

I could get it working with my friend who also yar harr'd it, but whatever I did I couldn't connect to any of the servers.

PLAY MACHINECRAFT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

To play implies that there is gameplay.

>tfw lost interest in empyrion because theres nothing to fucking do

can someone engineer machinecraft a failure state?

>all these newfags who haven't played Machinecraft

delete this

>tfw lost interest in spengies because theres nothing to fucking do

Nice, busted the oil pan!
It looks like plastic, but the pyramid must be metal.

I lost interest because of multiplayer server limits, resets, and bugs.

Build up a ship like a penis
Fly it to planets like Venus
As you lovingly craft
the balls and the shaft
You'll feel like you're kind of a genius

Dicking around litterally.

How to I get past the hump of starting new games in Spengies?
I have no problem dicking around in my established save.

If you put it in a lake, you'd be dicking around littorally.

let's write a letter to Scott Manley one word at a time
i'll start

Hullo!

Kerbal

here

with

a

and

new

bald

headed

scam

game

made

for

proud

cocks

with

zero

sperm

counts.

Literal

kerbals

floating

around

my

balls

that

weigh

more

page 10 /ded/

So it's basically Besiege, but worse.

It's for people who don't want to worry about stress damage on their machines.
So yes.

showcase

MEANWHILE

Fun with some alt codes
It's weird that some don't show up
I need to learn more

Goddammit Veeky Forums
You fucked up my formatting
This needs a reply

This quoting myself
Is really bad form I know
I'll stop soon, promise

Why not one that opens outwards like a garage door? You'd only have to wait for it to go 90 degrees then.

>Alpha

What is this?

Post factorio related stuff please, i'm a noob and i need advice

Anyone know if guerrillamail is filtered and Scott's email address?
>captcha: avenida mexico

Just started playing Factorio - have a few questions on biters:
>can they swim
>how do their bases/lairs work? Do they expand over time?
>how are lairs created? Do they spawn out of nowhere or does a roaming biter have to make one?
>do they generally get stronger over time and if so what affects it?

Also - how does their pathfinding work?
If I build a wall will they attack it or go around it?

is that a flying dick?

Is there a decent fucking military/combat-oriented /egg/ game that is multiplayer? Space Engineers is too limited in weapon selection (block sizes are too big to make proper weapons), FtD is barely MP and won't be soon anyway.

Is Empyrion any good for that? I just want to have 2 teams start on different places, gather resources, and murder eachother.

>can they swim
Nope.
>how do their bases/lairs work? Do they expand over time?
The spawners multiply over time, but there's a limit. You won't get infinitely expanding sponge bases.
>how are lairs created? Do they spawn out of nowhere or does a roaming biter have to make one?
There's a small chance that a group of them will move to a position not too close to other spawners or your base, and start a new base.
>do they generally get stronger over time and if so what affects it?
They do get stronger by time, but the amount of pollution speeds this up significantly.
It's hard to say. Sometimes they'll just go around the walls, sometimes they'll take a direct route and chew on the walls. It's best to make your wall completely encircle your base.

>They do get stronger by time, but the amount of pollution speeds this up significantly.
More specifically, the type of aliens spawned depend on the Evolution Factor. Higher Evolution Factor means more of the stronger aliens.
The Evolution Factor increases slowly over time, whenever pollution is emitted and when spawners are destroyed - it cannot be reduced in any way.
Pollution and dead spawners are always the two biggest contributors.

Lewd.

machinecraft

the original vision for robocraft is what you want

unfortunately robocraft is now a bastardized world of tanks clone, or wait it's not even that. what ever the fuck robocraft is now, it's no longer what it was meant to be.

Started playing my first Factorio run with bob's mod, I knew that it would be rough, but jesus, it's 2:30 in the morning and I still don't even have green science or any sort of chip production
I fear the people that play this with Angels ore refining.

On a side note though, because Bob's mod let's you change the angle of inserters, it turns out you can get around 1.5x efficiency out of literally any inserter for free by making them work at a right angle.

I don't even know. It just does that.
Furthermore, because you can make the inserters grab diagonally and because most buildings are 2x2 tiles or larger, I don't even have to set up some special system to do it, I just make two inserters cross over each other while placing into, or taking out of the building and they move shit at ridiculous speeds.

I am now looking into creating conveyor belt systems entirely of wooden chests and inserters, so far I'm already getting surprisingly good results.

I have optimized my shit some more and now I can move 12 items across 30 spaces in a second using only regular inserters placed at right angles.

I am curious to see whether or not I hit warp speeds with fast inserters

bump

ten is a magical number

>bored in Empyrion

Have you tried waging the war?

>people farm endlessly to get us set up in empyrion
>people join during the farming then quit assuming that is the whole game

???
You probably haven't even set up your automining device on the starter, have you?

>decide I can't stand for this
>try to beat it

>finally get time to play games with my best friends
>ayy lets ramp cars onto planes n shit in GTAV
>you have been banned for 30 days and all 300 hours invested content is gone lel :^)
>only modding I've done is VR mods in singleplayer

choke on my fat dick rockstar

Guess I'm making a rotating space station in CLANGgies then

this is exactly why I didn't buy GTA V. They were pretty obviously total cucks.
>GTA IV on GFWL, almost never works
>GTA V on "sale" same price as before with fake reduction
>GTA V banning people who have mods that fix broken settings in the game

only yourself to blame for trusting cuckstar

It's great fun with a couple of mates though, but yea Rockstar are absolute cunts

Also for anyone with the corrupted saves issue on dev spengies don't freak out, they seem to fix themselves over time? I just loaded into one that was corrupted this morning.

Co Cтapым Hoвым Гoдoм, /egg/.

Hullo.

than