How much does it cost for americunts to get their cars on the road?

How much does it cost for americunts to get their cars on the road?

it always sounds like you guys here have like 3 or 4 cars that you switch between at will

here in Australia I pay $1000 for insurance and $780 for registration per year.

can't imagine doing that for multiple cars

Insurance is dirt cheap on non primary vehicles if you add them as pleasure vehicles.

is this for aus or murka

We get fucked on insurance anyway, so it's usually cheap. Aside from that there's tax on used cars when you register it, but you can just straight up lie about how much you paid. Im pretty sure registration cost itself depends on state, and definitely depends on the type of vehicle.

All in all much cheaper than aussies.

Canada, but it's similar in the US.

It's the worst in France I think

It's mandatory to have every car you own insured because if a thief get inside your home and wrecks his head on the bumper of your old shitbox awaiting repairs then it's your fault and you'll have to pay 1k€ a month for your whole life for the wheelchair bound thieve

There's a system of "fiscal horse power", and when you're registering your car at your prefecture you'll have to pay 70€ per Fiscal Horse Power. My old shitbox (306 equinoxe 68hp) "weighs"6 FHP which means 420€ for a car that can't get past 140Km/h

Then anyways you want to insure your car, you'll have to pay between 900€ to 1200€ for basic coverage (broken windows and physical injuries). Then depending on your car, your age and your sex, it might attain 2k€ per year for full coverage

And don't even think about importing a car especially if it wasn't ever sold on the french territories
You'll have to pay 30% of the full price of the car(NEW) to the governement (even if you bought it 30 years after the production was over)
Then you'll have to transport the car to Paris for them to inspect it and tell you if you can drive it on our roads (mirrors control, exhaust pipes and that's all) which will cost you about 1500€ only in administrative fees

Never ever come to France, if you're foreign and you want to keep your car with you try to find a way to register it from home

Never leave your car outside, barricade your garage if you can if you're living in a big city

Southern France and Paris is horrendous, you'll have 2 chances outta 5 to either get your car shit on, set on fire or dented from side to side "for fun" if you leave it on the streets

NZ fag here, I pay $21 a week for full insurance, fire and theft too.

Registration is $200 a year for everything under 2600cc.

i believe its like 35€ a month in germany for a small 2013 Twingo

do these sort of relationships exist irl or just in /tv/?

If I say the price is less in America, does that make you want to live in America less or more?
Do you think the hardship you face and the choices in life you're limited on make you a better and more respectable person?

Do you dislike the implications of gluttony and waste Americans can have with cheap upkeep and multiple cars being owned?

insurance is more for most people, but you only have to register the car once, and pay small fees for license plate tabs, and in most states you dont have to get any "rego" or emissions inspections.

oh, come one dude, you're exaggerating the situation
> There's a system of "fiscal horse power", and when you're registering your car at your prefecture you'll have to pay 70€ per Fiscal Horse Power.
Yes, except you must pay that only once when registering the car and its half of that if your car is older than 20 (or 15 not sure) years. I paid 480€ for my ford mustang (rated at 21FHP).
> Then anyways you want to insure your car, you'll have to pay between 900€ to 1200€ for basic coverage (broken windows and physical injuries). Then depending on your car, your age and your sex, it might attain 2k€ per year for full coverage
It depends on how old you are/how much “fhp” your car has and how many accidents you had in the last years. We compared between a friend of mine and me (3 month of driving licence against 12 years), for the same shitbox (1.4L 206) he had something like 1400€/year with minimal coverage and I had 600€/year with full coverage.
> And don't even think about importing a car especially if it wasn't ever sold on the French territories
Cars that weren’t sold at all in France are pretty rare and can be a hassle to import but a lot of companies can help you to do that for a fee (between 500 and 4000€ for everything)
> You'll have to pay 30% of the full price of the car(NEW) to the government (even if you bought it 30 years after the production was over)
And that is bullshit, show me proof of that
> Southern France and Paris is horrendous, you'll have 2 chances outta 5 to either get your car shit on, set on fire or dented from side to side "for fun" if you leave it on the streets
And that is bullshit too. Parts of S. France and Paris can be shitty but unless you are completely dumb you know which zones to avoid.

Quebec Canada here
>~270$ plates
>insurance depends on vehicle, my w126 is 120$/year, ranger 100$/year gc8 was 250$/year soarer 700$/year
>no inspections required, people run straight pipes at their will
>only downside is rust since Winter is 9mo/12

>tfw Americuck
>No tickets, accidents etc
>Pay $400 a month for insurance because I'm a young male with a mildly expensive car
>Know people who almost pay less for insurance in a year than I do in a month

Feels bad

Kek I just bought a 240sx. It was literally $70 to get it registered and only because that's the minimum. I pay $20 personal property tax every year which is also the minimum.

You know our rego is expensive when petrol for the whole year costs less. Diesel life.

Are you retarded change insurance company

We are yuropoor now because we have a displacement taxes on car with more than 4l displacement luckily the mustang( biggest engine is a 5l) is the Pepsi of muscle cars so it's not so bad.

'95 miata, 27 y.o. male no accidents.

Full-coverage insurance: $810 a year.

Gas is still $2.04 / gallon here, too.

But consider the trade off: I was born with genes for type-1 diabetes and fully life with it - 5 to 12 injections a day boiiii. For one, it's illegal in my state to drive with type-1, but also it costs me between $800 and $1,250 PER MONTH* to manage my NATURALLY-ACQUIRED diabetes because no gov't health care. I also got fired from my last job because I had low blood sugar one day, got denied unemployment, got denied disability, and it will be years before anything happens with the lawsuit I filed against my employer for firing me for having a disability.

*Yes, it costs me between 10 and 14 thousand dollars a year to treat my diabetes - that's like buying a new shitbox every year and handing it to a megacorp drug dealer.

What car? I'm a 21 year old male with 2 cars, 2003 impala and a 1987 porsche 944 and I only pay $270 a month for limited liability.

I assume you were retarded enough to finance a new vehicle and are stuck paying full coverage.

USA isn't too bad. If you buy a car from a private seller, when you get the title put in your name you tell them how much you payed for it and you have to pay state sales tax. Registration is different from state to state, but where I am, it's $60 for a non commercial vehicle. Insurance is higher if you are younger, have been in accidents, gotten tickets, commute long distances to work, and how much your car is worth. I own an 88 Plymouth Reliant, a 78 Ford F150, and an 08 Suzuki DR650 and my insurance is $1014 a year

Americunt here, I drive an 8th gen Civic and pay about $600 a year in insurance. Registration and fees, emissions etc. are a total of about $200 or so. I only have the one car though; if I weren't going to school and could have a full time job, I would probably have a vehicle with cargo space and offroad capability for outdoor stuff and winter driving, and something fun for a daily driver.

986 Boxster, 18-24 y.o. male, speeding tickets

Extended coverage insurance: $51/mo.

Gas: $3/gal Premium

The catch:

Pleasure vehicle, 5k miles per year

>10 insulin injections a day
Sure you do m8

All my cars are paid off so no payments.

Insurance is a combined 700 a month for 3 cars.

Tags are 42 dollars a year for each car

No inspection or any sort of emissions testing in my state

In Colorado it's about 25 dollars for emissions testing, for me it's 100 dollar a year registration and I pay about 1100 a year for insurance for this guy.

I've got 4 cars, my daily driver's insurance is ~$500/year, but it's 10 years old and only worth like 9 grand, my K5 off roader is the second vehicle on my insurance, because I still drive it over 3000 miles a year, and costs ~$225/year, but is also worth $13,000, my C20 trailer puller is another $80/year, and my hotrodded Fiero (200 wheel horsepower, 2300 lbs, naturally aspirated Quad 4) is also $80/year.

I've got pretty good credit and I carry uninsured motorist coverage on everything, and full coverage on my daily.

I don't remember what registration costs on the daily driver (I want to say like $80?), but rego on all the 80s shit is like $30/year each.

Looking for a clean Suburban now, need to be able bring the dogs and a kid camping, shortly.

My brother in law has type 1, it's nowhere near that expensive, even when he was without insurance.

You can get insurance coverage on multiple vehicles for not much more than the price of one vehicles insurance.
They basically bundle it.

>$780 for registration per year
jesus christ, i just renewed mine for the year for just under $30

A lot of it depends on the vehicle, if youre driving a Lambo for instance, those prices skyrocket.

>it's illegal in my state to drive with type-1
Are you fucking kidding me?
Also, what the fuck happens if you run out of money? I always wondered about this. Would you just keep going to the ER with massive hyperglycaemias and maybe talk your way into a take-home dose while racking up mountains of medical debt?
Surely that can't be the way things work in a 1st world country. I'm a diabetic myself but I live in Switzerland and I get to drive and my insurance pays for my insulin and all that shit.

I did some quick calculations and my insulin and glucose measuring strips (literally a buck a piece) plus needles etc comes out to about 10 grand a year. Now this might be a bit cheaper in the US but I doubt you're gonna get it below 7 grand. If you skimp out on the glucose measurements (you really shouldn't) you might scrape by on 4-5 grand a year, at the cost of severely decreased life expectancy.

Yes but youre also addicted to opiates so maybe instead of spending your money on that you should spend it on insulin and stop complaining

Just on /tv/. Even liberal white people hate minorities, they just do so more subtly.

Tags are about $50/yr for the truck, $50 one time for no expiration historical plates for the fox. Liability insurance is about $220/yr for both.

>Drive Econobox
>Insurance is $700 a year

>Trade it for V8 AMERICAN MUSCLE
>Insurance is $600 a year

Freedom feels good

He's over for dinner tonight. He says that Glucose strips are $9 for 50 at Wal-Mart.

100 needles for his insulin pen are $11.50 on Amazon.

Shelf stable insulin is by far the most expensive aspect of diabetes management, but you can reduce how much you need if you are careful about your diet.

Without insurance, he was spending about 4 grand including regular doctor's visits.

With Obamacare, he still pays $2800, but also $300/month in premiums.

I pay like $1200 a year for full coverage on 2 vehicles and $75 each for registration unless I forget, then it's $92.

It only cost me in DMV fees (695) with additional service and inspection fees (120), about $815 for vehicle registration and street ready. Insurance depends on model, year, and your history, I pay about $2000 annually to insure a MB C300, and $480 to insure a Toyota Highlander.

I'd say it's more likely he didn't shop around for insurance at all.

yeah that shit is fucked up. i was paying $1600 per year for just liability on a 07 HHR. bought a 2014 Ram v8 and full coverage was $1200 per year. the fucking HHR at the time was worth maybe $3500 while i paid $38k for the truck yet the insurance is somehow cheaper. really doesn't make sense how liability on an old shitbox costs more then full coverage on a brand new truck

not having full coverage on a new vehicle especially one you haven't even paid for is just fucking retarded

Haha ayoye vous vous faites littéralement fourrer.
C'est moins pire au Québec.

$75 first time + $30 every year + insurance
More cars on policy=cheaper insurance rates

>...having...a new vehicle...is just fucking retarded
ftfy

He's saying (correctly) that you MUST have full coverage on a new car you're financing - which is one more reason having a brand new car is retarded.

Between my wife and I we pay $200/mo ins6 for full coverage on 3 vehicles (2005, 2009 and 2011) and $30 per year for registration and $15 per year for inspection.

Hell kinda state you live in? I'm diabetic and I've encountered no state that has such law in at least America

my truck: $28/mo for insurance, $70 to register
my civic: $34/mo for insurance, $70 to register
my project car: $50/mo for insurance, $50 to register

if it's valuable you should have it protected. paying cash for a new vehicle is also pretty stupid these days when you can finance for 0% then take the cash you would have used and invest it somewhere. really financing is only bad for poor fags with credit so shitty you pay 20%-30%

Jesus man. You should go outside.

alberta, canada here. i pay $100/mo for full coverage for a 2010 STI, $30/mo for an 04 RSX type S, and $50/mo for a RHD 1990 MR2. each car is $89 per year to register

and why is america a good place to live again? i'll just stick with canada

Alabama. If you have had hypoglycemia at least once in the last 6 months to a year it's illegal to drive. Who on insulin doesn't get a hypo at least once every 2 or 3 months? I just never told the dmv that I have T1D.

When I was employed it was cheaper. Now that I'm unemployed the obamacare premiums alone are $510 a month and insulin went from a $5 copay to a $60 copay at the turn of 2017. I'm 27 and made less than $2k last year (again, if you didn't read my last post, I was working at the Hyundai factory last year and they illegally fired me for having type-1 even though I worked in a cubicle. What they did was illegal but apparently it's hard to fight back because they're a conglomerate). I'm on 2 types of insulin ($180-240 / month in copays alone) and it costs about $1.30 each time you test your blood sugar which you're supposed to do 5+ times a day. Let's not forget about all the infections and doctor copays and endocinologist copays and all that other shit. Getting diabetes fucked me hard.

How am I supposed to pay for this without living a life of crime? 7-10 days without an insulin injection and I'd be dead. I have applied to 80-90 jobs since october started, I have 2 engineering degrees, but life just wants to force my hand into committing crime time and time again.

Wow that's pretty fucking cheap for the strips.

And that Obamacare thing is really dumb as well. I really hope for you guys that you manage to sort your healthcare situation out soon. These "pseudo-insurances" where you have enormous deductibles and no coverage at all are stupid as shit. I get full coverage apart from glasses and teeth with a $500 deductible (per year) or so for $400 a month, no questions asked.
It shouldn't be that hard to get a decent bipartisan effort going and get some decent results, if all else fails just copy what other countries are doing successfully.

>if you had hypoglycaemia
Sure they didn't mean a level 2/level 3 (outside help needed to recover/unconsciousness) hypo?
I thought glucose strips were $9 for 50 at Wal-Mart as per ? Maybe switch to a different brand meter?
Either way, good luck finding a job.

what kind of crime do you commit?

Insurance: $430 a year

soft eugenics.

see you on the other end of the gene pool!

insurance in aus (or at least tasmania) depends on how many cylinders you have
(this is yearly)
a 4 cyl car is like 450
a 6 is around 670
and an 8 is around 750-800

insurance is what rapes us aussies, at least if youre young anyway, i basically have no choice but to have 3rd party because the quote was half the price of my car (9k for an xr6 turbo) a year. its either have the chance you write your car off and be out of $9000 or buy comp for 2 years and he out $9000

fuck rego i meant

Canada is nice, but America seems like a place with more possibility.

Also it's easier to get a house here.

I could live either place, 2bh, even though muh guns (that I currently own/carry) are a bigger hassle in Canada.

>$220/year
fug! Thats cheap! Where do you live? I'm guessing a flyover state.

I had to pay $250 each for my '90 245 and '91 944 turbo to get the titles swapped, tagged and registered Historic in MD; got that in right before they changed it to '86 or earlier in Oct. '15).

Insurance is $55/mo for both.

My WS6 is currently un-registered in PA and still insured through my dad. Once I pull it out of storage for spring/summer I'll get everything worked out.

>non primary vehicles
I have my daily as pleasure.
Insurance says like 8000 miles a year,
I've done almost 20k.

kek, me too. I have all my cars listed as pleasure vehicles, driven only 2k a year. I drive that much in a month.

As a new driver I paid $105 a month for the cheapest kind of insurance (just liability). I've had my license for 2 years now and it dropped to $52 a month

Reg is like $78 a year and I pay about $90/mo for full coverage with all the fixin's for the daily and $30/mo for the liability only on the shitbox.

That $400/mo is more expensive than my $3,600 deductible at $30/mo via my employer.

>England
Cars are cheap, but so fucking expensive to insure it's not really worth having more than two, at most.

27/m/VA
I own a 16 mustang gt, 1968 dodge challenger and a 2015 gsxr750
all told I pay about 2.5k yearly in tax/insurance/registration
gas is also ~2.20 a gallon

you need insurance but if you buy a car and plate it you CAN just choose not to insure it

its like $50 for a plate

and $25 for the physical drivers license

there are tons of people who dont do any of this and just buy a car at a buy here pay here place then steal a plate and drive around like they are one of you or me

so really in america all you REALLY need to get your car on the road is the money for the car

Insurance is $300/yr, registration is $35

wait hold on,

i was quoted insurance at 6K+ a year in the US,

whats going on?

2 accidents
1 at fault
1 not

willing to bet you are 19 and trying to insure something risky without having your parents be primary

im 20

define something risky?

and yes to all the rest

risky = high chance of either killing yourself, someone else or getting it stolen
I bet you live somewhere shitty like downtown Chicago and don't own a garage too

retirement (rich as fuck) city in florida but im a student

and what are you trying to insure?

hyundai accent

im 26 and have an evo and like over 8 points on my licesnse all minor traffic infractions and 2 or 3 at fault accidents and my insurance is like 270/mo if i choose to drive it

i had a scion tc and it was 222 per month

its called having your father insure it as a weekend pleasure vehicle 3,000 miles or less per year and disconnecting odometer

wtf, what company is this? please explain

not all of us have fathers like yours, jackass

In SPain it's similar to that

I am a jackass because I spend time helping my dad around the house and cars and take his vehicles in for service on my days off, while he agrees to help me out with insurance? It's called family, you know, the building block of America?

no, you're a jackass for assuming everyone has a family like yours

Find an old neighbor

story time:

>be me, swissfag driving in the middle of bumfuck-les-champs
>narrow and windy D-road
>see someone approaching from the back
>decide to let him pass
>signal right, ease off the gas and go to the right
>cue the dirtiest old 306 farting past
>vwdieselscandalemissions.exe
>stops infront of me
>starts cursing the shit out of his rear view mirror
>fists, middle finger, mon cigarette de aggression
>after half a minute he drives off leaving another cloud of smoke even the vapelords would be impressed by
>mfw

still to this day I don't know what caused him to go full autismus maximus

$200 a month for insurance (3 cars)
$100 a year in excise tax (average) per car
$60 every 2 years for registration per car
$30 per year for inspection per car

not so bad when you factor that if I need a tow on either it's covered. I almost never need a rental because I always have a 3rd vehicle ready to go. I always do my own work to save cash.

Northeastern US here

wait what. who are you with?

I am with Bingle for my WRX and pay $1070 for full comp

>And don't even think about importing a car especially if it wasn't ever sold on the french territories
>You'll have to pay 30% of the full price of the car(NEW) to the governement (even if you bought it 30 years after the production was over)
>Then you'll have to transport the car to Paris for them to inspect it and tell you if you can drive it on our roads (mirrors control, exhaust pipes and that's all) which will cost you about 1500€ only in administrative fees

wtf you talking about, not if they are from EU countries and got COC papers.
I work parttime at a dealership at the border and we have several frensh dealership who buy regulary shitboxes from us for max 10.000 € (especially frensh cars because nobody whants them here) which wouldnt be worthwile if you had to transport em to paris.

Germany:

I got a BMW 1series diesel which runs on the name of my father an i am registred as a 'sometimes user'. (I am 22)

For the registration itself I have to pay ~80 € including plates.
Road/emission tax 308 € / year
Insurance: 660 € /year (included are all damages I make on other cars, rockfall, damage caused by animals and theft)

The insurance is dependent on several things.
The only one you can influence is the Schadenfreiheitsklasse (Damagefreeclass)
If you had for example no accident with your fault for 3 years your class is SF 3.
If you now make an accident the SF-class is set back by several years, the insurance company decides how many.
If you for example hadnt an accident for 40 years they can still set it back to zero if they want to.
The most fucked up thing on this is, that this class is only related to your first car.
If you insurance a second car/bike the class is zero for it again.
Whats funny to is that my father has my car registerd as a second car and he is so collecting these SF-classes for his second car. When I decide to insurence it on myself, he can gift me thes SF-classes (because i am registred as second driver.
So I will have SF 5 if the car was registered for 5 years without a damage with me as a second driver and my father will start with SF 0 all over again ( he wont because he had already a second car before but he will lose 5 SF-classes.)

I pay 120 a month for insurance and it costs around $650 for a two year registration.

Dunno what the exact amount it is yearly since I don't pay it. However my estimate is something like $300-450 a month for five vehicles and two trailers with me and a sibling on the policy as part time drivers and full coverage on two of those vehicles.

Pic related.

YFW four are large displacement V8's with an inline turbo 6 for shits and giggles

I love my family sometimes.

>register as leisure vehicle
>my cars speedo cable broke fucking forever ago
>drive 15,000 miles a year and they still can't tell

I'm on car #14. Lived all over the US.
Currently have 3 cars. Daily is a 95 ranger. $2500 to buy $100 reg, $200/month insurance.
The other 2 aren't street legal.
One of them I bought for $600.

I only have like a year of combined time driving absolutely legally. That's real thing, how easy it is to drive things that you shouldn't and get away with it.