imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/multi-lure-accessories.53754/
twitter.com/Cennxx/status/819939012261646336
terraria.gamepedia.com/Animal_Skins
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SMnNYZ3lFV1FUbE0
gyazo.com/cd4bae9b2cc1fbaa496c2fbc8df726dd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it me or does the first part of Hardmode go by really fast? Yesterday i started playing with very early hardmode gear and within 3 hours i beaten the destroyed and removed a bunch of the crimson in my desert. It was the worst V i got, because it spawned right under my house. I have been thinking of removing the bottom so that the house is actually floating, and prevents the crimson from spreading in my house.

Hardmode is essentially just a boss rush, and they've progressively added more and more items that trivialize the early parts.

>Wouldn't that interfere with the clear space rule for the crystal platform?
No, it wouldn't. I have cheesed the event with fire traps a lot in the past and it never told me that there wasn't a flat surface. Maybe it was because the traps were actuated.

Maybe it's time to actually deliver?

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/multi-lure-accessories.53754/
That's really fucking neat.

Ima do one, because reasons

>tfw got R13 on resurrected Nostalrius, and don't know what to do in game anymore and I've lost all motivation for anything

And I was so looking forward to this. :(

Maybe I should try building something new in Terraria instead.

This is so beautiful in its simplicity, and on a such a great location. I would add a small passage to a natural "fridge" with fish hanging in it.

God fucking damn it. I found the Suspicious eye and used it. Almost killed Eye of Cthulu but I forgot to heal cause I was too busy dodging that fat motherfucker. How the hell do you guys manage your health in battle? It's a pain in the ass when you're getting your shit slapped around. Now I can't seem to find another eye to try again.

Use a swiftness potion and hooks. Hook to something and then, after you start moving towards it, "jump" so you unhook yourself. You will get launched in that general direction, even if it is opposite of where you were initially going. Also, I hope you're playing the game in normal mode since it seems that it's your first time.

twitter.com/Cennxx/status/819939012261646336

About fucking time. That's shit's been in the game for a while, but it was not obtainable for some reason.

There's also this.

I didn't have a grappling hook then. I just found a hook so now I got one. I found lenses to craft another eye but I haven't found any altars yet. I don't even know where I got the first one.

Also, I've played before, just never made it to hard mode or got a lot of gear by myself without other dudes coming in and giving us free shit.

Then you're still a new player, so you should probably play in normal.

DEDARIA

Found my first two hearts right next to each other. Fuggin' sweet.

So how do I get better gear? I'm not finding any different ores. Everything I get comes from mob kills. I haven't even gotten any meteorites yet.

In order to unlock meteorites, you need to destroy an orb in the corruption or a heart in the crimson with a hammer.
You can get ores from digging underground.

I've been digging but the best I've come up with is tungsten or gold.

Friend and I are playing together on a large expert world with Corruption. We've got no Flower Boots, and we've scoured the entire jungle; literally 2 block wide tunnels with about 15-20~ blocks between each tunnel, and we've checked to the sides because the jungle can be angled.

Is there ANY way to get a pair of Flower Boots other than Jungle Shrines?

Gold is the last ore you can mine pre-hm. Tungsten is the second best behind Gold.

I don't know. Go ask the wiki. Why do you even want such a shitty accessory, though?

Are there any mods that I can use to enable my furfaggotry?
Starbound is barren, I can't play it for very long.
I tried some thing called N Terraria a long time ago and it was shit.

Also Otherworld when wryyyyyy

No. There's no such thing as far as I know.

Go make a new world, dig again and vice versa until you find it

You can easily mod the face sprites and skin sprites. Likewise, editing the armor and clothing sprites is a joke, too. You can make yourself look however you want.

As for Starbound, they did say they had a big patch coming. Here's hoping you'll find another 5-10 minutes of artificial fun when that happens.

>artificial fun
What?

Yeah, I'm terrible at spriting assets as small as Terraria's. A long time ago I tried for awhile, but gave up.
Maybe I'll give it another go.

Starbound has very little to actually do. When almost everything is randomly generated there winds up being not much to strive for.
In Terraria there's progression with fungeons and bosses and items, Starbound is just a game of hopping from planet to planet and harvesting ores until your armor is strong enough to unlock the next instanced arena boss.

That's true, but I don't know how it qualifies anything as "artificial fun". It's just not fun.

It's fun until you realize it's not fun. Most games I've played were fun in the beginning because I was still learning the control, discovering the world, etc. The novelty made it fun, but after a while, I got bored of their gameplay. Starbound is one such game.

I'm not the user you were talking to.

When you go spriting, reduce the sprites' size by 50% before doing any changes. They save their sprites at 200% normal size.

You think you're having fun, but you're really just playing for the sake of doing something to spend time.

That's artificial fun. Take for instance the "endgame" they added; you go to a randomly generated dungeon, fight the same exact monsters you've fought before, and then fight one new monster with bullet sponge health. A good 10~ minutes wasted just to possibly have enough materials and currency to make one upgraded weapon, or a terraformer that changes a planet's biome. Lots of work for nothing, since by then, if you've beaten the story, you've already run out of shit that makes those weapons worth upgrading.

I still play it every once in a blue moon, but the lack of actual fun content just kills it. I prefer just playing with my mod that I've worked on since the starbound general was a thing.

Honestly the one thing that keeps me going back to starbound is the look and feel. Graphics arent everything but starbound hits a nice middle ground between simple and still being able to see detail.
The jumping and fighting is also pretty tight. Almost too tight. Nothing moves with as much momentum as it does in Terraria where everything feels hefty, getting hit feels like your fault whereas in starbound it's just like "Oh that thing zipped across the screen and sniped me, wow"

Starbound's also got loads of really comfy shit like musical instruments, facial expressions, and (albeit seriously lacking) lore.

It's far easier to get immersed in starbound, but terraria is a better game.
Sorry for rambling on about it, /sbg/ isn't a thing anymore.

Is that a fucking human skin on the wall?

Fuck, that's comfy.

Thanks for answering, I ended up making staggered flame traps at one end and put all my sentries at the other, all I had to fight was Betsy.

terraria.gamepedia.com/Animal_Skins

Would any of you guys happen to know whats wrong with my game?

So im hosting the 0.9.1 tmod server, version 1.3.4.4 of terraria

others can connect and play on it without issue but my game stops responding after entering the world or loads only half the map, with players invisible

it worked fine for a few days before this, every solution i attempted had no effect

How do I make this not terrible looking? I've put most of my effort into actually farming for the materials for the armors, that I don't really know how to make the display look decent.

Don't make a display room. Very few people actually manage to make them look good, and when they do manage it, they only display a couple of items at most.

Multi-story, perhaps.

Are Fargo and Thorium the only good mods?

Give it more shape. A donut, an X, anything other than a line.

I arranged mine in a circle, armors of the same tier were on the same level on opposite sides of the circle, with the walls and floor around them composed of the appropriate material. wood types, ice, a lava pool under the hellstone, etc., with the higher tiered armor in the upper parts of the circle, then an inner circle with uncraftable armor (ninja, tavernkeeper armors, etc), and the 4 Luminite suits in the middle.

I really like the Calamity bosses.

roll

boomp

roll

Who made this and was it inspired by an existing building?

will try this out

i like starbound when using that science mod, fracking universe or whatever
adds a lot more crafting and exploring to it which

too bad the game runs like complete shit and is unplayable at times.

newfag at terraria here

what should i be doing in early hardmode

Digging containment shafts around the hallow and corruption/crimson, before they spread. Corruption can kill your jungle.

I saved my ocean and base, my jungle was intertwined with corruption so fuck that

Get purification powder and clear it out as best you can.

I believe the one getting fucked is you, in this case. Good luck fighting Plantera, unless you can salvage a massive shaft or something. Plantera kills you if you leave the jungle, so get to saving a portion of your jungle asap.

Your world might be fucked, bro. If your jungle is getting changed then you might not have time to fight a mechanical boss, so you can get the steampunker and the clementator. That thing is the best for clearing bad biomes.

So what can I do? Should I make an artificial biome? Or does this "plantera" only like natural ones?

As long as you can make a large, underground jungle arena, you'll be fine. Plantera can't enter another biome; if the music/background changes, you're not safe.

The hard part will be waiting for a planeta bulb to spawn there, the corruption might spread to your arena unless you block it off. Wood, clay and bricks can't be corrupted, so dig 3 block wide shafts around your arena space and fill them with that stuff, then it'll be safe.

alright.

Anyways here's the right side of my world.

A giant new corruption also spawned closer to home and completely raped my underground desert and my underground area deep below my base

is the cancer inoperable? AM I fucked?

You might be, it sounds like you broke all the demon altars you could find. Every time you do that, it spawns a single corrupted and hallowed block at a random point in the world, and they infect the area around them. You were just unlucky, crimson doesn't change the jungle, only corruption changed mud blocks to dirt that can grow corrupted grass.

I haven't brokenn a single one. This is the world like 10 minutes after i killed the WoF

If you work fast you might be able to isolate the infected jungle.

Is it possible to quit the game without saving quickly enough if the hardmode V spawns the way you don't want it to and try again or is the location of the evil/faggot parts set?

It spawns the moment the wall of flesh dies.

Hold up. Crimson doesn't ruin jungle? So is crimson easier to deal with or does it have it's own downside?

Corruption turns mud to dirt, jungle grass can't grow on dirt, so even if you cleanse the corruption that means the jungle still won't grow back. On the other hand, Crimson mobs are considered more dangerous.

How are crimson mobs more dangerous?

>Crimera is literally Eater, but without swarming
>Spiders are too slow to be a threat
>Face Monsters are just fast zombies
>Herplings are Derplings but uglier and less vertical
>Floaty Gross is a baby-mode Pigron
>Ichor Spitter is probably the only legit annoying enemy due to debuffs
>No long pits to worry about, unless you count the big hand holes with tons of water everywhere

Corruption has more aggravating and annoying enemies and spawn rates, by far. Unless I'm missing something, Crimson is much easier than Corruption in every way. I prefer Crimson, but I can't say it's been rough at all.

Well just for an example, a Floaty Gross can go through blocks and inflicts Weak, has more health and does more damage than a Corruptor.

I didn't know they did more damage. I always use yoyos or other projectiles when in tight spaces to keep stuff away. I usually avoid them or kill at range. While Floaty may do more damage, a Corruptor has a ranged attack that does hurt pretty bad early on. Corruptors also have the unpleasant tendency to spawn in all layers, where Floaty is only underground.

I don't see many Floaty Gross, but I do see a lot of Corruptors. That might just be RNG though, but I'm convinced that Corruptors are more threatening.

That's great if you can get a shot at them, but if one comes at you from the other side of a solid wall you won't be able to hit first, then it'll be right on top of you and nearly impossible to dodge, you get hit, then you deal less damage against something that's harder to kill.

So out of nowhere, jumping stops working. I can fly with a mount, my W key still works, but no jumping. What the actual fuck.

What mount? If it's the bee, then it needs to rest after flying for a while.

Does anyone have this bug? It's fucking annoying. Basically, have the game paused with the item menu open then throw your item away and instantly close the menu. Either the item disappears forever or the prefix for your weapon or accessory gets removed, leaving only the regular item behind.

Do the devs know about this?

The flying saucer and the drill still work normally, I can fly just fine. But once I stop using a mount, it's like the W key doesn't exist. Redownloaded the game, nothing changed.

>check entire dungeon
>no bewitching table
Well then

>crimson doesn't change the jungle

bullshit, I don't believe you, there is no way that they would actually make crimson more fun than corruption in every way.

What are the best TerraCustom settings for interesting world generation?

Server's down again.

You're right, that is wrong. Maybe he was thinking of Hallow?

Not that it really matters. You'd need to leave Terraria running for ages for it to become a problem.

Don't listen to all these fucking morons. Your jungle will probably be fine.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SMnNYZ3lFV1FUbE0

That's the jungle of a medium world after 889 Terraria days in hardmode, without killing Plantera. That's 355 hours of gameplay. Just plant some hallow on the sides of your jungle if you care about it so much. You can also plant some hallow near your base so that corruption or crimson doesn't get near it and make your houses invalid.

Hey guys, I haven't played in a long time and was wanting to start over.
I noticed there are some mods available now.
Are there any in particular that are Veeky Forums approved ?
I'm looking for something that would keep the game going and interesting.

Hey guys, I have been trying to play with some mods, but a lot of the mods give this same error. Thorium works, but calamity doesn't for example.
Anyone know a way to fix this?

gyazo.com/cd4bae9b2cc1fbaa496c2fbc8df726dd

are you sure? try disabling expiditions mod

Don't use calamity.

But also other mods give this error.

Then I guess your best bet is to go to the forums of the Calamity mod, for example, and ask there what the problem might be. Maybe the mod author itself will reply to you.