Bbg - Bloodborne General

The night and the thread, were long → #

>A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

first for inside eyes

wow, like one second before the other one died

noice

damn, that gargoyle right outside the lamp on L2 of pwmf22gu is amazing. He drops nothing but blood stone chunks and cursed nourishing blood gems up to +19.3% ATK UP, with a secondary effect. I just kill him and bold hunters mark over and over

>Madmen boss and co emote if they kill you
I can't believe I never seen this before.

yuck

can you still clip into willems head to see his braineyes? i've tried to do it many times but i always get tired of trying and give up

Definitely prefer those to farming Rom.

I really want to use the HLMGS on my arcane build but do i need the 25 str?

Also is it worth to go past 50 arcane for the tools? I mainly do co-op and don´t care much about pvp, how is co-op at bl 117?

16/12/50 HMS is pretty underwhelming but still usable. You can easily get 25/25/50 at 117, but 25/12/50 is fine. Going past 50 is worth it for ACB and maybe Tiny Toni, anything else is fine at 50. I believe you can do 25/12/70 at 117 without any major drawbacks.

>Queen Annalise will never be a hidden bossfight you can trigger under the right circumstances
>Killing her will never unlock her dress and helmet in the insight shop

Does an user have a pic of a 23.4% nourishing gem?

t. gem fetish

>The third Cold Abyssal on my Rakuyo gives more AR than replacing it with a 24.8% Fire Abyssal
Shit, now I have to do math on all my weapons.

Jesus fucking christ, these brainsucking magic things in Upper Ward are utter cancer. Who thought these things were a good idea?

Why should Guidance 3 be in a chalice dungeon? Isn't it the only DLC rune? All the other DLC stuff is barely implemented into the dungeons; you just have the bath messengers selling the lost and uncanny versions of the DLC weapons now. When has a DLC item ever been discovered in a chalice dungeon before, as a drop or a treasure?

The rune either doesn't exist or it's somewhere in the regular game, outside the dungeons.

Ah, they're alright.

Yeah I really hate the two who stand near eachother, where one of them drops the orphanage key. They always grab me there somehow. How much insight did you lose?

You can escape their grab for only 1 insight btw if you mash all the trigger buttons really fast

Hi, my name is Micolash. I'm the host of this nightmare.

My pronouns are: Kos, Kosm, Kosself.

Please respect them!

...They steal insight? Of course they do. Great. At a guess...6? 8?

The ones in tight corridors kept getting me, I couldn't dodge their magical bondage spell.

>BL 98 meme meta redditards actually have trouble with Brainsuckers
Typical shitters, how the fuck can you not dodge the painfully slow and telegraphed attacks? You should honestly kill yourselves.

yeah you've gotta ambush them before they can figure out what's going on; they are super dangerous to have aggroing you when they have line of sight. Fortunately they are usually pretty easy to stun

> 23.4%

Nope. But I do have this.

Upper Cathedral Ward is the scariest fucking place in the game. Hearing their footsteps the entire time that you're in the building is so unnerving.

And if you are a true gem fetishist, you can blow your load to this every night before bed.

So I fucked up and jumped in the widow after Celestial Emissary, I forgot to level up and I don't have any Bold Hunter's Marks. Is there a way out, or am I fucked?

Just got to Micolash. What a terribly designed, tedious fight. A shame, too, since nearly everything else up to this point has been so top notch.

Kill yourself, go to the Dream, pop a Coldblood, buy a Bold Hunter Mark and go back to get your echoes to warp out with.

> Die to the squid baby, Ayy's or elevator fall
> Go kill something for 1200 echo's
> Return to dream
> Buy Bold Hunters Mark
> Return to Lumenflower Garden
> Jump back in window
> Retrieve echos.

Immediately after posting this, I finally managed to R1 the lanky cunt and his ridiculous hat to death. Majestic.

>Okay fresh day, fresh start on Orphan
>One hit away from killing it and wrecked, out of vials
>can't get him to 1/3 now
I'm this close to skipping him

What ?

This man and his buddy will emote if he kills you, he does the one arm out emote and his friend applauds.

I cooped that bastard. Now I feel bad for not soloing it because we pressured him like a bitch

>there are people right in this thread who literally summon or outright skip bosses on their first playthrough

Both of this posts were me.

I lost to Orphan on NG+ like 60 times before I finally figured him out. I can beat him pretty reliably now, but those first times he was really fucking difficult. Just stick close to him and dodge right or forward-right. You try and dodge backwards away from Orphan after he knocks you down and he will fuck you up. Even when you need to heal you should be dodging into him.

For his second form you should fight him in the water so you can easily dodge his lightning summon. Just wait for him to attack, dodge it so you end up close to him, hit him until he swings at you and jumps away, repeat. It's easiest to hit him after he does his jump attack combo; he seems to get exhausted after doing it.

So where is the fightclub on Saturday? Pthumeru root?

>Tfw beat NG+ Orphan first try

if it was your first try against him ever then I'd be impressed. I fought him on NG+ without ever seeing him in NG, and just using some shitty blood gems from the story, so I had a rough time

Fuck Micolash as a boss.
What I hate the most is when he just keeps running around jumping through mirrors going "WOO HOO HO HOO" and he absolutely will not go into the boss room where you're supposed to fight him. I chase him around for like 3 minutes straight and get smacked by one of his stupid skeletons before he finally does it.

His first little fight is trivially easy as long as you don't get hit by his tentacle, but his second you can die really fast if you give him enough space to summon A Call Beyond (little orbs of light). Fortunately you can just stay close to him and he will keep swinging at you with his fists for like no damage. Still his tentacle can one shot you if you walk into it

25skl/25str/50blt for bloodtinge build good?

>and he absolutely will not go into the boss room where you're supposed to fight him
You're supposed to chase him into the boss room by approaching him from another route, idiot. If you just keep running after him, he'll just be going in circles until the AI glitches out and takes a wrong turn. Or maybe the devs just took pity on poor retards and made him automatically run into the right room after some time.

No, either 14/15/50 or 28/15/50. You won't use the untricked modes of Chicago and Bowblade unless you went 50/50 Skilltinge.

If i get a ps+ are u going support me and watch my back and scold me and pleasure my wee wee after defeating a boss bbg

>there are people that don't go 50/50 skilltinge

Sure, as long as you pay for my PS+ as well.

I can pay for 3 more people but they have to make sure theyre always available when i need them

Why should circling around make any difference as to whether the turns into the boss room or runs past it again? It's not like you can actually corner him

>on my second playthrough
>do chalice dungeons the second I can
>get to BL85 before Rom
>the rest of the game is completely trivial
Damn. I guess it is NG+ content.

Because it does, the game is made that way.
Like in the second half when he jumps down from a balcony, if you jump right after him, he will be running in circles. And if you jump down from the different side of the balcony, he will end up between you and the boss room. So when he will start running away from you, he will be running in the direction you want.
Sure, if it was an actual person, he'd just run left or right, but since it's a video game, the boss follows the rules that let you corner him into the arena.

It really isn't. Gehrman tells you about the good chalice as early as Old Yharnam or Cathedral Ward. The gems you find in the main story are absolute shit.

But my playthrough is ruined, I went through Ludwig like he was a regular mook even though he killed me 30 times during my first playthrough.

That's only because you were playing the game wrong the first time.
But now your eyes have opened to the Japanese way to play video games - grind until you're overpowered and enjoy stomping bosses.

Why is this game so good? Fishing Hamlet is so comfy also.

I didn't grind. I just went through the dungeons as normal. It isn't my fault that Loran dungeons give me 200,000 blood echos by going through the levels normally. Am I supposed to not spend them?

the tinge one you find in mesis is pretty good for chikage if youre fucking around with that if you havnt got to the lost one yet though

>Mensis
That's the last area of the game. You're literally fifteen minutes away from the end.

The game is surprisingly comfy, probably because of the contrast between the horrible things you fight and the areas you can rest like Hunter's dream + lanterns, I just wish there was a place hunters could actually sit down to rest casually or something

Darkest Dungeon had the same kind of feeling, and /dadg/ rivaled /bbg/ in terms of comfy, but now all that's left is shitty threads on /v/ for people to spam "shill" on

darkest dungeon sucks.

but... fuck you :^)

that is your opinion, I enjoy it

racist

You suck.

>fishing hamlet
>comfry
you know what happened there right?
oeden chapel is cosy, i can imagine them all sat around playing poker waiting for the night to end

>not standing around with gehrman not hunting anything just to meme him

It's the rain and the colour scheme. You're surrounded by demented, twisted horror but you're not the one that caused it.

You just get to be comfy in it.

i know this is autistic but ive always wondered how close yharnam is to the real world and how close the rest of the world outside of yharnam is to the real world. like for example we know they likely have robins as that thing in the research hall mentions them

Ludwig asks if his healing church hunters are the "honorable spartans he's raised them to be", so I guess that means ancient greece was a thing or they just wanted to write some nice dialogue and didn't really give 2 shits about lore implications

I'm done with my 1st playthrough. 70h (probably ~30 with pad lying down), DLC, spoiling myself, summoning, almost no touching chalices, and other retarded, casual shit. Game is great, most fun of all the Souls games I've played(DeS,DaS1,2). Now time for some in-depth lore analisys and new character creation.I have no idea what to think about endings though. Sorry for blog.

Yharnam is as close to the real world as a fictional world in a video game in a real world.

>not understand what i mean or being even more autistic to see what i was asking like that

just don't make a youtube video for your lore analysis

what is your favorite bloodborne meme? :^)

It at least has all of the same animals and mechanical inventions up to around 1850ish, just with the added bonus that their gods are actually real and do tangible things.

I can't think of any animals or machines that exist that would be out of place that can't be explained away as blood magic

Why are hateful maggots so hateful, /bbg/?

The endings are pretty straightforward if you look into the lore as long as you don't ask why MP decided to fuck with shit

Bloodborne itself.

This is the one enemy I will not fight both areas they show up in I sprint through and don't even try to fight anything. Fuck their hitboxes, fuck their speed, fuck their attack, fuck the fact that they only show up in groups, fuck the fact that they give you like 20 echoes total.

Truly the worst enemy in the game.

people really just like putting this dancing anime girl on everything

Nothing but wrath here.

>not the red spiders and bell ringer in chalices

Probably Micoposting.

I think the souls games have better memes though

>tfw no chime maiden that spawns red maggots

I can deal with that, just sprint and kite them around while until you kill the bell ringer then you're instantly safe. Plus you can always funnel them through a door til theyre thin enough to get by. Maggots are a guaranteed fuckfest every time, they're like if dogs were immune to half of your attacks

>never played any souls game
>pick up bloodborne
>central yharnam
>no real problems, not sure why everyone thinks its difficult
>get to gascoinge
>proceed to getting fisted brutally
it wasnt ok

>mfw run into a chikage user and I'm wearing the Knight's set for fashun
>he never once untricks

>ever untricking when using chikage

Parry spam. Parry windows are huge in this game.

Parry spam and if you suck at that half the fight you can really easily get him stuck on the other side of the graves because he's too stupid to go around

Does smacking people with an arrow using the L2 of Simon's Bowblade do blood damage?

Yes.

The town is surrounded by lakes and mountains, however Valtr and some other dudes hunted a beast back to Yharnam. Pretty isolated but from time to time some outsiders come in, similar to Innsmouth.

not sure but...
>spamming arrows at a guy in pvp
>go to parry him with my gun
>spamming L2 but im just waving my arm around
>no idea wtf is going
>finally realize whats going on

I don't think there's an NPC I love more than Alfred. His dialogue after completely destroying the queen is the greatest thing in the game.

>that small circle that turns yellow once your weapon is tricked

How long did it take you to notice?

I had to google it.

too long

So someone explain to me why every weapon scales D with arcane but gains no damage from the arcane stat?

Time is convoluted and hunters centuries old phase in and out of existence.

its for if you convert it to arcane based damage like fire