Please god tell me one of you knows a way to push out at least 200hp from an mk6 jetta

Please god tell me one of you knows a way to push out at least 200hp from an mk6 jetta.
It feels like i'm driving underwater with an engine somewhere between a lawnmower and a gokart.

I have about 1k to spend and specifically the car is a 14 Jetta 2.0L S (non turbo)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5467497-How-to-build-a-relatively-inexpensive-reliable-powerful-2.0-8v
autoanything.com/air-intakes/kn-69-series-typhoon-intake-systems
youtube.com/watch?v=3gbJTDXsyyw
goapr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>buying a vw
>buying the small engine
>buying the base model
You dun goofed. Sell it and get something else you fag.

>14 Jetta 2.0L S (non turbo)
Is that the 115hp 8v 2.slow that's been in production literally since the '80s?
If so, you're shit outta luck. Trying to get more power out of those is pointless.

At least the engine's utterly bulletproof and it'll outlive the rest of the car 10 times over.

Can't sell it, didn't buy it
My only hope is to mod it

I just can't find anyone online who'd even bother with it.
Its all 2.slow this 2.slow that, why'd you buy this car faget?

forced induction is your only option

can probably take a 75 shot of nitrous

There's no point to modding the 2.0 when there are so many more cost-effective options, even in VW's own stable alone.

It's a dead simple, reliable, economical engine with zero power and aftermarket support and that's all it'll ever be, but it does a perfectly fine job at that.

I understand, I just don't have a choice in the matter.
I have exactly a grand and no option to sell.
Its either add some hp or stay slow.

Then use that 1k to put towards something nicer in the future, it'll cost a lot more if you blow this one up by slapping a turbo on it or something and then you have no car and no money.
Just think of all the cash you save on gas as savings for something nicer.

Yeah you might be right, i'll just have to put up with being slow.
Maybe add a sub, lowering springs, and some sweet rims. Then I can pretend I like riding slow.

>blow this one up by slapping a turbo on it
You think that'd happen? I've been trying to find a turbo kit on google for a bit now.

Any turbo kit for 1k will most likely be garbage, especially for an engine with damn near no aftermarket. I think its compression is also pretty high, too high to comfortably run any meaningful levels of boost anyway.
You'd most likely run into knocking or blown headgaskets.

Can't sell it? Didn't buy it? Why the hell not?

Boost it 10 lbs

after some google fu and suggestions from here i'm convinced a turbo would be WAY more hassle and money than this engine's worth
you guys are right i'm fucked

any ideas on how to pull at least 50 more hp?
i just hate the feelings from gear 1 to 3

also are there any negatives to a chip?
$250 for what I imagine will be 10hp is stupid already but is there any extra wear on the engine?

50 hp sn't going to be 1k
Your best bet is to buy an intake and catback exhaust, shift later if it's a manual

If you want more horsepower, I would honestly just sell it. Trying to squeeze any respectable amount of horsepower from that thing is more trouble than it's worth.

Extra power means extra wear on the engine, but this one's so understressed I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I'm guessing intake, exhaust, maybe cam and tune will get you maybe 20hp and it'll be more money and effort than it's worth.

>intake and catback exhaust
thank you for the suggestion, I will look into some vendors
I tried shifting at 5000 in first and second but my car just sounds ridiculous coupled with barley any power gain and more gas usage.
I had a mustang think I was trying to race him because my engine was reving so loudly.
He was confused as fuck when realized I wasn't shit

Stop trying to waste your money. Keep it stock. No "chip", sub, anything. Why can't you sell it?

forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5467497-How-to-build-a-relatively-inexpensive-reliable-powerful-2.0-8v

I'm reading this, hopefully it still applies since the engine hasn't changed

Okay I could sell it but nobody's gonna buy this shit for 10k which is the only way I won't lose out.
Its a stick shift so that rules out the grandma market which was my only hope

You guys think this would really give me 15hp like they claim?

autoanything.com/air-intakes/kn-69-series-typhoon-intake-systems

Huh, so I guess it can take some boost.

Still far from the best option, but it's something.

Really though, I wouldn't bother. 1k isn't gonna get you anything significant.

Just leave home earlier you dumb fuck

Looks like a typical case of "the box said 15hp" to me.

yes it is.

lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=3gbJTDXsyyw

Someone will buy it. If you still owe 10k then pay off some of it with the proceeds of selling it then buy a civic for 3k. It'll at least feel faster since it's lighter.

APR tune? goapr.com/

It sounds more like his parents bought it for him and won't let him sell it unless it was for some ridiculous amount like 10k.

1k ain't going to do shit for that

I bought it from a dealer out the door for 10k
I didn't realize my mistake until now

I just saw the year and miles and thought it was a good deal
I figured the money I saved could be spent on the making this car better

I was in the market for a car at 15k where i'd borrow 5k