Old Jeans as Seat Cover and Upholstery - Good or Bad Idea?

I have some old jeans(which looks good and no wear and tear in visibility) lying around which I used to wear when I was a fat ball. Now I'm kinda fit. That's not the case here. My friend who works at a car accessories shop told me, it'd be cool if you reused your old jeans as your seat covers and upholstery. He told this a month back but I've been thinking a lot on this.

How would you(as a friend) feel on seeing that my car seats are covered in jeans?

Other urls found in this thread:

e-hentai.org/g/209899/2cb4f075c7/
e-hentai.org/g/26705/9f547ca68b/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the fuck man

I can hear the banjo twangs and smell the moonshine all the way here.

Holy shit, op. How deep in the south do you live?

jean seat covers would be ugly and less comfortable than about any other seat cover

Looks white trash as fuck.

Do this instead. Much more cozy.

He should do this instead with the jean seats.

I'd feel like you're a faggot

>RealTree garbage
>not Mossy Oak master race
Dats dang ol' garbage man I tell you hwut

would work in here tho
>fucking trash

Reddit please leave

>Denim upholstery
My God, this post sounds so Southern, I'm surprising that isn't it asking for you to squeal like a piggy.

Get off pintrest mom.

>How would you(as a friend) feel on seeing that my car seats are covered in jeans?

You mentioned use as either upholstery or covers.

As a friend, I would tell you NOT to use it as upholstery for cleanliness reasons. Seat upholstery is made with nap and weave designed to remain cleaner than normal cloth, to be easier to clean, and to not propagate dirt and debris like cloth. Those are 3 important reasons to not use denim as upholstery.

As seat covers, it's a matter of taste for your area. Certainly there are lots of fans worldwide of cheaply made denim products from China such as counterfeit Levi's and Wranglers.

Denim picture from japanese fan publication at:
e-hentai.org/g/209899/2cb4f075c7/
AND
e-hentai.org/g/26705/9f547ca68b/

itt: people with no Veeky Forums

Here's a nice car and blue fashion denim.

This brought something to mind. I was watching an episode of Jay Leno's Garage, and he had Jeff Dunham on with 2 cars. One of which was an AMC Gremlin Levi's edition. It came factory with a 'denim' interior. But for reasons, they couldn't use actual denim.

The material used was Milliken 'spun nylon' fabric.

OP may want to look into that, but last I checked, the stuff was $65 a yard.

Who are these fluid druids?

Honestly it would be cool only if you some >80's pick up. Add a gun rack with Skoal piling out of the glovebox and dip bottles filling up the floorboard, you're living the dream pal

>Who are these fluid druids?
They are characters who do not like denim because it is thick and heavy. They prefer wearing sheer see-thru fabrics.

They couldn't even wash the jeans before they wrapped their console lid with it?

>How would you(as a friend) feel on seeing that my car seats are covered in jeans?
Jean fabric would be non-ideal. It's seams and raised edges are not at convenient location to accommodate the shape and seams of the car seat.

Another problem is that jeans have a cloth weave that frays and unravels. Upholstery fabrics resist unraveling if there is a cut, tear, or hole.

Wont they start to smell a fuckton after shit spills on them?
Nice hardwearing material though.

That metal rivet will hurt of someone bangs their arm or elbow into the console. I am of the opinion that synthetic material is better for console lids as it is smooth and easily cleanable without washing. Denim also holds dirt, bacteria, and mold.

I think it would be a waste of time to do. If the jeans aren't thick, they'd probably wear down fast. If I were going to put denim in my car
I wouldn't unless it was a truck with bench seats
And I would order a thick denim that hadn't been worn as pants, and at that point I'd probably go with water resistant canvas

>mfw this thread

If it was an SUV or truck form the 80s or 90s it could look neat in my opinion. I think denim would be fine as upholstery, its fairly durable and smell resistant and washes pretty easily