Okay, fine...

Okay, fine, I accept that I'm not going to find a headunit that doesn't look like it was designed by a 12 year old autist. Fine.

Can I at LEAST get one that the lights dim with the gauge cluster? All I want is Bluetooth and a dim display.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UVWC55A/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8#immersive-view_1485227433740
sonicelectronix.com/item_15363_JL-Audio-Remote-Level-Control-Line-Driver-CL-RLC.html
ebay.com/itm/Radioblende-schwarz-ISO-Adapter-Renault-Twingo-Wind-Kienzle-Autoradio-Bluetooth-/390697541734?hash=item5af7636066
ebay.com/itm/Continental-TR7412UB-OR-MP3-Autoradio-m-Bluetooth-USB-AUX-IN-12V-Radio-FM-Tuner-/331579949120?hash=item4d33b48040
pioneer.com.au/shop/car/deh-x7850bt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I see this posted every where, and I know it's a meme, but it's actually perfect for what I want to do with an Integra I'm putting back together as the DIN is going to be occupied by gauges. Do you have a link for where I can buy that?

Filename
I have one and love it. They make a more powerful one as well.

What is this

It's one guy that always posts it, and he doesn't even have one. That thing is not that useful imo, there's better ways to do it. Just a bluetooth amp on it's own works, if you want to do hard wired you can do device->PAC volume knob ->amp (this is my setup, without an inline booster for the signal from the device the volume is touchy and you won't get max output from the amp), you can use a signal processor or EQ with a remote display, there's endless options

Search for Delphi heavy duty. There's a few different models.

More than one person has one.

Look up kienzle and continental headunits, more pricey but very aesthetic and minimalistic imo

I'm thinking of getting this amp, anyone have a comment?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UVWC55A/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8#immersive-view_1485227433740

Here's an alternative to the meme device with RCA outs so you can use it easily with a normal amp, and install the knob in a tight space
sonicelectronix.com/item_15363_JL-Audio-Remote-Level-Control-Line-Driver-CL-RLC.html

>$60
>needs an amp too
Or $10 for the drok that works when you add power

Neat.

If I ever get a new head unit it's going to be mechless and I want a simple and clean design so this is pretty decent.

Some people
-need more than 15w
-already have an amp
Post a pic of your install, curious how the multiple people of Veeky Forums that have them have it set up

M8 think this will be good for the truck to power two JBL GTO 6x9s?

I think that would be overkill, you only need a 300w 2 channel amp, but I'm no expert on max power type of stuff, not the best person to ask about big amps

I use mine in my kitchen to listen to pandora from my phone.
Its running off two 18650 lithium ion batteries at 8.4v
Works great

this.
or you can build your own at retrosound

This headunit does not look half bad

Google Kenwood KMM variable display.

I got the KMM 122Y but there are other models.

I have mine set on amber to match my dials

looks like shit

>Kenwood KMM
Oh shit that looks like exactly what I'm hoping for. Can you set up the dimness level though so it dims in accordance to whether the lights are on or not?

get an oem one. or keep the oem one. bluetooth is shit. get a tape to aux adapter or find an aux adapter that plugs into the back of the radio.

good luck finding one

you're welcome
ebay.com/itm/Radioblende-schwarz-ISO-Adapter-Renault-Twingo-Wind-Kienzle-Autoradio-Bluetooth-/390697541734?hash=item5af7636066

bluetooth is fine, what are you talking about

You can also look at radios for boats. They dont look like 90s rice.

Compared to this thing, it looks "acceptable"

and for a twingo? thanks!

I found some other stuff googling around, like this
ebay.com/itm/Continental-TR7412UB-OR-MP3-Autoradio-m-Bluetooth-USB-AUX-IN-12V-Radio-FM-Tuner-/331579949120?hash=item4d33b48040

I might get this for my 90s japanese shitbox

after going from cassette-aux straight to bluetooth i can confirm that bluetooth is indeed not shit

I need a new headunit but my car came with a butt-ugly double-dimm! What do I do?

buy a new car

No idea desu, I just set my colours to amber monochrome and left it.
You can vary brightness and have multiple colours at once.

looks hektik

When I was looking at cars this one guy had a Sony version that was obnoxiously bright and didn't dim with the headlights, obviously a botched install. It would have a blue video of a dude running(?) and it distracted me so much while driving.

Good thing I didn't buy it.

Awful reviews, terrible software apprently

Hey son this one up there looks nice.
Bother to share the name and model?

Got you fäm

Sure it's not ideal, but it can match the colour of the original buttons and it dims automatically.

The screen was amber too, but I prefer to have it white.

What about this?

Get a fusion mechless head unit. I have them in both of my cars and they look clean asf

>Madvillain
>My negro

buy a million different trim inserts until you find one that actually fits.

Have some cheap mechless JVC single din head unit with BT and it has android app where you can control screen color and brightness.

Haha, those poor cunts.

Obligatory post regarding 15w a side into CRT TV speakers, very poor response under 150Hz and above 15KHz, heatsink with a TDP of 10w, nil EMI rejection, abysmal crosstalk, unregulated supply with 12v rails etc.

Is your start battery just twelve lemons linked with roofing nails too?

Yeah, for miniature hobby projects, not actual automotive audio. If you put this shit in your car, I feel sorry for you. I have one for a miniature web-controlled car, absolutely horrid audio reproduction.

It's not perfect, audio output on it is useless for cars, there are better methods to accomplish what this thing accomplishes poorly.

>works
>15W
You can get those off ebay for under 4€ anyway, it's useless chinkshit that's not suited for anything remotely reminiscent of decent audio.

Could've bought a better kitchen radio with aux in for that ten bux boi.

>Fully dimmable display/customization
>Cheap as chips
>looks stylish with the leds and display off/turned down
pioneer.com.au/shop/car/deh-x7850bt/
i have t he ancient deh-x4650bt ive had for going on 4 years now and its brilliant

Pic related can be set to dim when lights are on.
Not sure if you would like the style though

Sorry, but that's one of the most gaudy head units I have seen. I can't think of any car where that would look good.

Just stick with stock senpaitachi

I doubt I could even find a DIN that would fit the curves anyway

Modern cars with din infotainment control consoles like AC and HVAC can't run without modification anyway so the std din format is dead most modern 2010+ cars have decent enough headunits but they age so bad people usually buy new cars over just that I wish I was joking.

>australian head units

I always tell you faggots to run bluetooth amplifiers, but you cunts never listen.

What should i get for a replacement for my 1997 impreza radio shat out.

Could be worse, you could have a 1.5 DIN unit in your car. Good fucking luck finding a nice one

fml

I finally got my Chinese knobs, but too lazy to do another pic

Looks like a twelve-year old was given hotglue and scissors

Do these work along with the radio, or do they replace it?

Yes, I literally used scissors and superglue.
I intend on having some acrylic cut for it, but meh.

Replace it.
I use an mp3 player with built in FM receiver.

For real tho. Are there any audio headunits that don't look like transformers?

There used to be...

I bet that sounds as dog shit as it looks

If that had an aux jack it would be the shit.

Sounds fine, it's just an amplifier, can't really fuck it up too much.

>can't fuck up an amplifier
Just by saying that I can tell how much you know about audio.

I bet it sounds like farts. No, I know it sounds like farts.

As I said, sounds fine.

And judging by the photos you're posting and the way you talk, you're about 7 years old.
I'd like to remind you that Veeky Forums is an 18+ website. Try reddit though, you'll fit in there.

He's just mad he can't play his Chinese video game techno with +60db of bass without distortion.

You're being strangely defensive. I doubt it sounds fine, I also doubt you know what sounds "fine".

I'm twelve by the way so fuck you my mommy said it's ok for me to be here.