Chrysler just sent me a second letter about the fucking airbag

Chrysler just sent me a second letter about the fucking airbag.
Should I have em do it? Has anyone here done it?
Do I really get anything out of it?

It seems like a waste of time.

Getting it done > mouthful of steering wheel

It's a recall and they do it for free. All you have to do is schedule an appointment and take it in.

The question you should ask yourself is, "Do I like my face?"

It's the passenger airbag...

Getting it done > Your oneitis getting a mouthful of dash

Fuck em for riding shotgun

>Takata

these are the airbags that explode like grenades.

I wonder if it counts as murder if they die.

Right, but as it's a pickup truck, I've just turned it off.

I'm just wondering if they break my dash, will I get a new one free? It's sun baked bad.

do it. otherwise they will keep sending letters until it's done. And you could be liable in the future for not having the recall done.

Yes, but considering that they've done this thousands of times already. I doubt that'll happen.

Yeah, but I'm talking you breath on this thing and it will crack in half.
They have to remove it to get to the bag I believe, so what do they do?

I think it would if you got 2 letters saying to replace it immediately and you still decided not to

Dont they explode randomly? not just in a crash.
blunder of the century

Yes. Do it.

And the dealer has to provide you a rental car for the entire duration of time they have your car. AND if you are still making payments on the car, you can hit the manufacturer for the difference in value between your rental (Which you aren't paying for!) and the cost of your car payment.

Even if you bought it used?

Honestly, it should not matter that you bought the car used.

They sold you, knowingly, a defective product. Thats on them, not you.

It's a 2 hour job, they are really going to get me a rental? I work an hour away, I'd have to drop it off the evening before and have the rental for two days essentially.

Then all they are going to do is tell me it's all broken and unsafe and the engine light is on and the airbag light is on. I'll have to stand there for an hour telling them that I don't care and plan on fixing it myself.

Why are you upset?

What?

Criminal negligence I would think.

Just do it, it takes a day, and if your dealership isn't a bunch of fags they'll give you a loaner. It's free, what do you have to lose?

I just think it's pointless, I don't really get anything from it