/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Updates Edition!

Frontier News Network 6 released. New maps & game mode coming.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 6
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-6-13/
FNN updates come every two weeks, on Fridays.
On Saturday the 21st we will be having a tfg private match session for PC
pastebin.com/50QRbJad

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

>Doomed thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12101794
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nxDADMLQfHCO6Z-hO0Dv5FJ1HSv7JsPEdcfQpoELRkg/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for
>no link to frontier network
nice

Read the OP a little closer, dumbo.

Updates yes but when does it drop?

It's right under news you double devotion.

Really wish there were people that actually played PvP on PC. LTS is fun but I really want to go full COD mode (a lot of the time actually) and just run around without having to worry about getting fucked by a tone.

What new faction intros are you hoping for /tfg/?

1st is retarded

Wat do you guise do to avoid getting merked after stealing a battery?

The sequence for me usually goes like this. I pop out from inside a building nearby so they don't see me coming and jump on. Assuming they don't have a smokescreen, and that none of their friendly titans are nearby and immediately notice and pwn me, there's a moment of tension wherein we both wait for the pull to take place and for me to jump off. Then they have their split second for a chance to get at me, while I in turn attempt to direct my jump onto the top of a nearby building, or around a tight corner where they can't follow me - just preferably anywhere other than an open stretch of map that would leave me face down ass up in front of said titan.

But most of the time I jump off, heart racing and immediately get turned to pink mist.

phase shift and find cover

>custom mixtapes
It's all I've ever wanted

Something for Gates that isn't family-related.

I'm not a terrorist, but shit a lot of the militia-related factions feel super-one-note

Shit that's a good idea

Has this been done in other games?

>tonefag uses stealth eject
>goose them anyway

On top of that, they're revamping the playlist page, because apparently people don't realize there's a second page worth of playlists, like Free for All and whatnot.

Ash throws you a gun/ordinance and tells you your work has been adequate

>Reposting in new thread

Is it just me, or does the thermite launcher seem to suddenly do more damage? I'm shaving multiple bars off of enemy titans, when before I'd be lucky to get one. I'm not using the extra thermite kit, either.

Why do silencers have such an absurd damage penalty instead of just a higher damage drop off ? How the fuck are you supposed to use them on slower firing pistols like the Wingman or Mozashotgun who rely on their damage ?

probably dumbos who stand in the thermite hits

First we fight, then we sleep!

No figs this time user?

To make sure nobody uses them, of course. This game practically runs on presenting the illusion of choices.

sleep tight pilot

Goodnight, Pilot

I hope the new mode update will get people to try it for a while, It's pretty fun and if we're getting special maps specifically for it, that could be entertaining.

Barker falling out the dropship

>Pilot waits for Scorch to leave the repair dock.jpg

"OI"
That's it, I just want that.

That'd be great, he just sort of hangs around before getting picked up again

Gave me an idea.
>Dick Pooper needs to sleep
>BT closes the neural link, then reclines backwards
>Pilot chair becomes a comfy bed

Does anybody have matching camo with their titan?

Usually when I go for a battery, it's a suicide run. I use silent rodeo or whatever the fuck it is just to get the extra 35% or whatever it is titan build progress. If I get away, neat. If I die, no matter.

Some user was running a Queen Bee build the other day. Looked fun.

Nah I prefer warpaints on titans.

pilot warpaints when

The thermite alone has always taken off a full block of 2500 health (after the initial hit of 800 direct damage). That's if it decides to fucking stick. If it falls off or the enemy titan moves at all, it does nothing.
Thermite Launcher is inconsistent as fuck.

All white gear and Crusader Ion. White is my favorite primary color when it comes to futuristic settings.

From the Ashes and Ashbringer with Dark weapon camo on Ronin. Looks dank.

Alright hear me out
>New Boost - Blowtorch (50% meter)
>Takes up secondary slot (Replaced with Smart Pistol in PvP)
>Used to repair Titans
>Limited ammo
>a full blowtorch can heal a max of 5000 titan health
>repairs at a rate of 125hps
>70dps vs Normal armor
>300dps vs Heavy armor
>cannot undo Doomed status, but can heal Doomed health and increase max Doomed health

These are called batteries.

>Double Take at G10
The second weapon to reach G10, and holy shit I've enjoyed it more than any other weapons.

lots of the titan camos look like cluster fuck skin cancer so it's hard to match with few preferable options.
Also why isn't there a camo in gundam colors, even as a joke, red white blue shouldn't be hard to pull off.

>when you get the hitmarker with the softball
satisfying

>Spawn in
>Killed by Devotion/Hemlok shitter
>This repeats for 3 aeons
>Somehow through the power of Christ himself I get in my titan first
>Killed instantly by an onslaught of MGL shitters

Why does everyone in this game hate variation and fun?

How tho.

I usually do exactly what you do, but I arc grenade on dismount and use a holo. It takes people too long to realize that it isn't real and you make your great escape.

>extended mags
why

>OP image

its a selfconsuming cycle
people get shit on by these weapons and want to compete so they use the weapons
i cant wait for a balance run through, hope the MGL gets nerfed a bit along with the obvious things

To shoot more grenades.

But this is used solely for Titan Hull, no shields applied, and this can be split between 2 or more titans

I run extended mags and fast reload, what would you suggest?

/r/ing good ion kit

Batteries only give shields and increase core meter. A way to actually repair titans would offer a more titan oriented playstyle. In particular I think it'd be a nice buff to Northstar
Also imagine being able to repair your buddies while you piggyback them

entangled energy for maximum laser shots

you killed yourself with that last shot, didn't you

It's a bit difficult to notice if you're not paying attention but they definitely do. Watch the health bar closely when you help an ally out.

wait the MGL STILL isn't nerfed?

strawpoll.me/12101794

>Batteries only give shields
Nope, they heal titan health as well as giving shields, around half a bar iirc
They don't heal you up out of doom state if you got doomed though, but they'll refill doom health atleast

Nope, personally I don't like using it because I like to snipe titans with the Charge Rifle and wittle away their health from fuck all away but yeah, the MGL is still bullshit

Just Fast reload and tactikill. Youll never need that many grenades in one fight, chances are at worst youll fire 4 times, by then youll have killed your target or been killed. You need the reload to get back to full, so Tactikill.

>implying the softball has enough splash to do that
Good eye though, I was very close to death

>Northstar Prime not announced or even hinted at

Hello darkness my old friend.

More holo's cant be bad, I'll try running it. thanks for the tips

Anything probably with the exception of grand cannon

>not running grand cannon with battery boost and overcore
nobody expects to be gibbed that fast

>three [ADV] slows run towards and attempt to punch (???) a tone behind his shield
>one at a time
>all of them get executed
>I close the gap as ion
>bang
>bang
>bang
>[Vortex Shield]
>etc

>I terminate and teabag

>match ends, we lose, shocker
>attempt to kill his titan on foot
>get it down to half a bar and he punches me
>tbags because ahah it took 3.5 bars on titan health to kill a pilot on foot what a pro
>sends me an angry PM afterwards because he landed 4 more kills then me
>I was using cloak/silenced pistol build for operator fun, he was using generic meta meme build
>"Never tbag anyone that's better than u scrub"

this is annoying more than anything
it's like anytime I start to do too good I get matched with a team of bad slows for a few rounds before going back to winning
can't have my w/l ratio be too good or something

How much damage reduction do suppressors give? I was kinda curious about running the P2016 Suppressed meme

watched entire video because my life is hell

your friend is a turboshitter

he used his laser core on no less than 3 auto-titans

he spammed satchels on pilots while ejecting

he used nuke eject on medium titans and stood in the way of enemies multiple times just so he could nuke them in the open, and they never walked away (they were turboshitters as well)

he also used nuke eject on a legion on complex that caught him as he dropped in his titan, and died to his own nuke eject, why would he put that in a montage

never saw him with anything but the EVA-8

the only impressive thing he did was kill two people with one firestar, and I've done that to braindead players at least a dozen times now.

git

gud

hover over the pistol damages here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nxDADMLQfHCO6Z-hO0Dv5FJ1HSv7JsPEdcfQpoELRkg/edit
as a general rule it's gonna be one more shot to kill

Neat. I didn't know about the hover thing. Thanks

So what is with the listed TFG network ingame?
New to the general here

The guy who made it is a dumbass, join the one in the OP

I've started playing for the first time in about a week.

Have the amount of Tone users increased noticeably for anyone else? I know she's always been regarded as one of the best ones, but I'm facing teams of like 5-6 tones so much now.

yeah

shield walls everywhere is pretty annoying but ion counters her pretty well

I really like the designs of all the pilot weapons, each one makes sense of what they do and how they function bar one. The Cold War bugs me in how it looks like it was originally designed to be some sort of energy sniper rifle with the top rail mount and bipod. I love how the Cold War functions but to me the weapon model doesn't really match what it does.

try crying about it, that might make you feel better
faggot

>play ronin with tfg
>utterly destroy everyone in the match and solo down a couple titans
>play ronin in pubs
>get my shit kicked in by a single titan and all the pilots are constantly shooting AT weapons at me

I just faced my first Tone stack ever.
It wasn't fun.

THIS FUCKING GLITCH IS SO MADDENING

Is that a reaper/spectre-tan? Oh god, give me more!

that perfect webm loop though

What primary goes with a cloak/electric smoke/silenced weapon loadout? I want to be a hit'n'run ninja

OK then

G2 perhaps. Any sniper rifle. If you want more hit and run, CAR or Alternator.

>slows

10/10

alternator for maximum high speed, low drag

Genuinely pleasing!

C U T E

U

T

E

when did people start camping on top of that tower?
had two games where some faget with an amped g2/dmr sits on top of that and tries his hardest to stop any fun from happening

Do your shots disappear in midair if you're killed? I swear I've shot dudes with a Softball grenade that should've been a direct hit but I died before it hit and they didn't even take splash damage.

10/10 for punishing slows

I've had this happen a bunch, I think so

it's typical glitchy fps netcode, this happens a lot along with melee attacks seeming to land but doing nothing if it happens almost the exact moment that you die

Mastiff but use phase instead casual

Titanfall 2 getting that switch port?

>go for the long flank
>want to engage
>2 enemy reapers happen to be there too