2017 HONDA Civic Hatchback

2017 HONDA Civic Hatchback

What does Veeky Forums think of the the new hatchback? Should I puss out now and buy the sport version or wait for the Si/type R version?

Love it. Tough i would like it more with a more straight hood. Like pic related

>Si will be coupe/sedan only
>Type R is still fwd
Just get the sport and give it a tune, you sperglord.

saw one on the road today without realizing it
my god the back of that car is a fucking mess

I'm actually torn betweet this and the Alfa Romeo Giulietta. They are really far from each other inseveral terms and focus on different characteristics, that's why it's a pretty hard choice.

Op here,

I agree the front looks like your regular Civic but the back looks way to close to the new Prius

Too much like 9th gen front. Im ok with 10th gen front though i miss curves and definition that 7th and older had.

No. You should buy an ep3 for 4-5k.

Op here.
I already have this bought it for 9

It's a little busy on the design, and the back end has too much of a slope - I prefer hatchbacks with a hatch closer to flat. Other than that, a pretty good design overall on the new Civics.

Still, the ep3 is infinitely better than the shitty new Civic.

1.5T is fucking retarded

still an econobox with no power but now you have a whole turbo system to break

sweet

I'll be trading in my 2016 ex-t for the si when it comes out.

>buying a modern honda
Kill yourself

Type R is a pretty poor choice, you can't really utilize the 300+ horses through a FWD drivetrain. Check out reviews of older Type R models and you'll hear the same thing.

What else is there that's practical, fun, reliable, and doesn't cost my entire salary?

>Center exhaust on an economy car

I love it but no ones gonna buy it, that was a pretty dumb decision.

A 10-15 year old civic.

>9000 dollars
>on a miata

I don't want an old shitbox, I want a new car
>tfw can't afford a Lexus rc f

sweet ride m8

I sat in one the other day. The c pillar is friggen huge and makes a huge ass blindspot. It also just ends up feeling like a crossover rather than a hatch. It's more of a wagon really.

You can still find clean ones that aren't shitboxes. If you're spending 30k there are way better used cars.

It's like they're trying to make the ugliest car possible just to see if Americans are actually stupid enough to drive around in them.

If I wasn't so obsessed with the FRS, my second choice would be the new Civic hatch. I love everything about it.

>dat over the top design
>dat practicality
>dat manual
>dat gas mileage
>dat tarbo
>dat price

And you are exactly the demographic they are catering to. Nothing wrong with that unless you like slow

How often do you see RWD hatchbacks?

>Doesn't understand Angular beauty

174 hp is "no power"? Wat.

>poorfag detected

How often do you see RWD hatches?

Thanks

>Meme car

God the gt86 has everything you want except the slow engine.
It's so close to an s2000 in feel it's not even funny.
But when you need more room and four doors I think the Honda is the way to go in this situation.

But the GT 86 is a much better than the new Miata. In terms of pricing and performance.

Considering the civic is now so pigfat it's based on the Accord platform, and with that turbo shit has less power than the 4 cylinder base accords, yes.