>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

dotheton.com/downloads/Honda CB100 CB125 CL100 SL100 CD125 SL125 Workshop.pdf
barbermuseum.org/events/barber-vintage-festival/
vjmc.org/
westernmass.craigslist.org/mcy/5969425357.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just bought myself a complete '72 CB 10 in parts. It ran when the guy bought it and he tried to restore it himself but lost interest.
I picked it up for $100.

I've found a mechanic manual for it, i've got to fix the frame first as it has a decent bit missing (not recorded through insurance luckily so it'll be road legal once i'm done)

any tips bdt?
I've got to assemble -everything-
gearbox, crankcase, top end, wiring, etc.

Make yourself a cup of tea and channel your inner James may.

CB 10 or CB 100?

Hit vintage Japanese motorcycle forums, get or download a factory service manual and parts book, then take thorough inventory of what you have. Collect good pics of stock machines for reference.

Transfer title to your name immediately so you don't lose it, and get a printed copy of the title to stash with your important documents in case it drops out of the system. (Rare, but it happened to me and title saved my ass.)

Should be a fun project.

dotheton.com/downloads/Honda CB100 CB125 CL100 SL100 CD125 SL125 Workshop.pdf

I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so.

Tfw no klx150

Just because you have a micropenis and listen to K-pop it doesn't mean you're Japanese.

that song is about the face you pull when you're having a tug and about to spill your baby gravy

My eyes are becoming more squinty too though. I have also been eating more seafood.

cb100*
yep, found a manual and i have taken stock already.
Title transfer is a good idea. thanks.
sweet, thanks.

If you can make Barber Vintage you'll cum violently.

barbermuseum.org/events/barber-vintage-festival/

VJMCC have a field full of gorgeous bikes, and the swap meet is excellent.

vjmc.org/

want a dual sport but want something a bit lighter and more offroad oriented
ideally soething like a klx300 but fuck knows im not going to find one of them around here
what are my options?

CG125 with knobblies.

something bigger than a 125
ideally 300-400 range
drz is a bit pigfat
the 250 dual sports might be decent but im undecided

KTM EXCs if you want something 99% offroad oriented

TE511 if you don't mind 600-1000 mile oil changes.

Ktm 300 exc a best

DR350 is lighter and has good power.
Also consider the XT350 or KLR250.

Are these any good for riding shoes?

Don't have the money for a KTM or husky both in initial price and slightly higher maitnence
Since there's absolutely zero used bikes ( I'm not kidding. I've seen 3 bikes I've had remote interest in in the past year)
I may end up buying new
Even though it pains me
Used market is shit here anyways
>Buy 12 year old abused drz for ,5k
>Buy brand new drz for $1500 more

Current top choice is a klx300 if I can find one
Second is probably a new wr250r maybe big bore it
Third is dr350(if I can find one that isn't beat)

>Since there's absolutely zero used bikes ( I'm not kidding. I've seen 3 bikes I've had remote interest in in the past year)

Where do you live?!

top bait

>browsing advrider looking for ideas for mods
>pain in the ass to browse

How the fuck do people deal with the forum format in 2017?
It's fucking outdated and impratical.

I'm serious. They're like the top selling boot on Revzilla.

the drz really isn't bad. stop letting dbt memes affect your purchasing decision

Connecticut
Though I'm strictly looking for dual sports
And those that come up are either overpriced and beat
Or something a bit too heavy for my tastes

Though I will be commuting on it daily I need something that's decent enough to take to the sand pits on the weekend or after work

Rode out to a bike show at Tradex last weekend.
Was pretty neat and surprising to see victory still had a section

That's not even a boot, that's not going to do a single thing over riding with a tennis shoe.

I just type "the thing I am interested in" & "advrider" into Google. Generally find what I'm looking for and don't get distracted by other shit.

Yeah I feel you bro, I got lucky that a guy I work with sold the TE to me for 4k with 200 miles on it.

And yeah don't listen to the drz memers. The 400 is a great bike, it's just really fucking outdated and overpriced.

how do people deal with imageboard format in 2017? it's just a bunch of posts not organized by relevance so you have to sift through all the shit to find what you want. there isn't even an upvote option

>it's just a bunch of posts not organized by relevance so you have to sift through all the shit to find what you want

Exactly like forums then.

It's somewhat heavy for what I'm looking for and I can. Get the same power out of a wr250r for similar price. With it being a more modern bike
Ideally IL find a klx300 already played from out of state and I can just transfer over title and get a new plate without inspection or anything

westernmass.craigslist.org/mcy/5969425357.html

Why not that?

>Upvote
McFucking kill yourself.

congrats, you were triggered by obvious b8

>1
Never worked on ktms before worked on Jap bikes before and know what I'm getting into a Jap bike
>2
Bike shop I go to not sure if he works on ktms
>3
Hadn't seen it
I normally check the ct Craigslist and the Rhodes island Craigslist. But don't check the mass one too often
Probably checked it a week and a half ago
Also was hoping for something a little cheaper if used but 4k isn't that bad

Is this too much for a starter bike?

Ktms are no different ftom jap bikes...

Yes

1 amd 2 are irrelevant, so enjoy your new KTM 350 SX!

Thanks.

This.
I kind of get the feeling you haven't actually worked on any bike further than changing oil. KTMs aren't any different to turn a spanner on.

why would the country of origin magically change the mechanics of a bike or the difficulty of wrenching?

However a SX doesn't really make a dual sport even if it has a license plate. If you want a KTM get an EXC or XC-W.

>commuting on a plated supercross bike

yeah I don't see how this could be bad idea.

commuting on dual sports is stupid in general

Haha, what?
How so?

Like fucking 10 min up and down the road is going to be a big deal

Do not get that bike if you're commuting on it

Unless you like changing your oil every 10 hours

10 minutes up the road isn't commuting in my book, but I'm in an urban/suburban area so for me a commute is a minimum of 30 minutes.

Nigga you said what?

Thats why everyone needs a soda bike

Thats a twisty mountain road not a commuter road.

It took me months to find the right dual sport in MA. I searched across MA/RI/CN, it's just a waiting game and it doesn't help that our general area is shit for dual sport riding.
Took a while until I found a nice DR350 in northern MA. I saw a lot of clean looking XT250's and whatnot. DRZ's are the most common and not bad bikes but like another user said, outdated and overpriced. But there's a plethora of info online and the tech is tried and true.

What if he works at a lodge or something?

>commuting on dual sports is stupid in general

my ktm 690E vibrates like a cunt. Seat is way too high and i'm tall as fuck

>a commuter road
A commute is a journey not a type of road, you plank.

commuting is a way of life, it's a brotherhood. Just ask the thousands of us stuck on the 405 every day.

commuterfag elitists at it again

your beyond retarded man. I commuted to work everyday on a 300 its not the best but it will do it.

mate I goto the gym every second day on my ktm 690E and it's just too fucking tall (seat height). Occassionally I go adventure riding and the fuel tank is too small (12L). All the bolts have rusted and I can't get the red paint off theplastics. I'm gonna buy an Africa twin or something next.

Again, that's not a commuter road. I'll agree that the dual sport is fine for commuting on slow twisty two lane roads like that.

further to my previous post, fuck sitting on the motorway of any extended period of time at 100kmh.

btw the KTM SX is very different from your KLX

Mate I do food delivery 5 days a week on my drz400, get good or die tryin pussy

I have a ninja 250
I sort of want something faster
But I l don't like the nakeds
So I was looking at the ninja 650r
My Kawasaki has been good
Is this too big of a step up?

i guess if youre a 4 foot 75 pound babby its ok but most of us arent

Check the definition of the word commute and come back when you have to correct words to express yourself.

So riding off road for 150 miles (what the bike was designed for) is less taxing than riding a smooth paved road?
Wtf is wrong with you idiots?

sometimes I think if I was a millionare I'd quit my job and deliver stuff on some sort of super sport with open pipes. Register it to a business so I can avoid camera detected speeding tickets

>being short
Lel

>So riding off road for 150 miles (what the bike was designed for) is less taxing than riding a smooth paved road?
well it's a bit different. You get hyped up to go off road and get in the mood. But commuting to work/gym every day is a bit different. You just want something comfortable fast with good visibility that can lane split like an mt09.

>100kmh
Have you tried twisting the throttle?

I had a 4 gallon take that I could ride around the island with no problems. Maybe you should modify the bike to fit your needs.
Commuting is going from one destination to the other doesn't matter the terrain. Please reevaluate your argument.
I rode a 500 exc to work too not any different just have to stop for gas if you dont get extended tank. I even rode a 350 exc and it was fine.
Yet I ride any bike no problem must suck to be lanklet thats scared. Get some muscle and you can handle a 650 soon.

it just vibrates like a cunt and has no wind protection. Mirrors are useless.
My CB900 was annoying on the motorway but just the vibration sends you crazy after 30 minutes. Also the seat.

sv650, ninja 650, cb500

When people say "commuting" they usually mean freeway and/or congested city traffic. Otherwise, it's just normal riding.

>Commuting is going from one destination to the other doesn't matter the terrain. Please reevaluate your argument.

If that's the case then specifying "I'll be using this for commuting" is entirely pointless since bikes are a form of transport to get from one destination to the other.

Just picked up some boots, how did I do?

>500 exc
>350 exc
excactly. Those are enduros like your KLX. The SX is a motocross/supercross bike. Very close gear ratios, more power up top, different wheel sizes, weak electrical systems, even smaller fuel tank, less oil capacity, etc.

ruralfags thinking they know what commuting is

No. When people say commuting they mean travelling to and from work. In case you don't know that's what the word commute means. You have commuter trains. You can commute on a bicycle. You commute to and from work. You're the only person here who thinks the word means something different to its definition.

Picture also related.

>4 foot
>comfortable on a dirt bike
you must be retarded.

>like an mt09.
>Africa twin
nice troll you sure collected the (you)s

99% of people don't commute on twisty two lane mountain roads.

>moron fags can't even use a dictionary

>slowfag commuters being elitists again
just stop.
Btw rural roads best roads. I know what a city commute is like anyway because after my commute involves miles of touge, then highway, then congested city traffic

Way to completly sidestep my entire post.

>>Africa twin
>nice troll you sure collected the (you)s
The Africa twin covers a number of important things for me, fuel range, comfort, carrying capacity, It's a Honda.
I'd prefer a roadbike but sometimes you just gotta go exploring.

I take it these bikes are good to
Upgrade to?

They are bikes to avoid because they are shit

I bought a dual sport so I could commute through the woods.

I'd rather have a CB400 than any of those.

If you are going to the same destination over and over its commuting. Doing a ride for fun of it isnt.
You can modify all those things to make them a propper commuter bike. My klx 300r was a race dirt bike not a ready made dual sport. I get what you are saying but you can make the bike into what you want with re gearing and a larger tank.

gr9 job!

Why are they shit
I want the same comfort as my ninja 250
But faster
The 650r makes sense right?
The other bikes seem about the same
Upright position
Bigger engine
Should be comfortable not shit

>The 650r makes sense right?
the 650 is cheap in terms of quality, you get surface rust, lots of plastic etc.
The CB400 is about the same in performance but sounds way better and way better quality. We should be encouraging manufacturers to make good quality bikes not buying the cheapest made in thailand shit they make.