Want to get into cars more

>want to get into cars more.
>be college student with chump money and chump part time job
>car is hand me down 2011 Toyota Camry LE Automagic

How do I get into cars, Veeky Forums? Am I gonna have to wait until I can comfortably afford a Honda CRX?

Bump for interest

>Gets handed a newish car.
>mfw i had to pay for a rusty 95 corolla that stunk.

>2011 Toyota Camry LE
Why are you complaining?

Just wait until you get a job and can actually save real money? I drove a 1998 Camry that was a hand me down from my grandmother from age 16 to age 22. Once I graduated and was comfortable with my finances I finally bought a new car.

In the meantime go join the car club or better yet Formula SAE team at your school. You can make plenty of friends there that have enthusiast cars and go with them to meetups or drives or whatever.

Don't get me wrong. It is the perfect daily driver. It's just not fun. I want a project car, something I can have fun with.

Bought my 1st car when I was 16 with the money I saved up working in an illegal sprinkler factory

5k for a 1995 Ranger with the 4.0L V6,
Totaled it at 19

Was off at school so I didnt really need a car

Last year in April I Bought a 1995 Camry for 1k that got stolen 3 months later, then in November I bought 1998 Camry for 1.4k and its running like a dream

Just found a nail in the tire so im about to swap out for a new set anyways.

Moral of my story, just wait for shit to break and fix it yourself. You probably dont have the mo

>Hand me down
>2011

Fuck you

im in the same boat
i bought a van off a "friend" it broke down immediately he left the country
so now mum has leant me a 2010 carolla ( i live in a nearby city need a car for work, feel 16 again)
im thinking about buying a 98 au falcon because beautiful I6 engine and cheap as fuck is this a good place to start for a car i can actually work on and really make my own i feel like there is nothing i could do to the carolla

this

>not using financial aid to pay for a car
git gud, retard

Use the car you got as commuter, save up some cash for a CRX to fix up little by little, then BOOM you have two shitbox commuters

I was gonna say buy and old Datsun/Nissan, Toyota , or Mazda , but then I noticed you made it much easier by lowering your standards to a Honda Crx.....if you can't come up with1200$ to buy a Crx then maybe you shouldn't try to get into cars.

If you have garage space, disposable income, are willing to spend free time and willing to learn and make mistakes, save a bit of money and buy some old jap car to start fixing. Easier if you buy something already running desu. If you want it to be really fast youre going to need to put alot into it.

If you dont have any of that, sell your camry and buy something faster. 2011 camry surely would be worth a fair amount.

You be fucking grateful that someone gave you a fucking car and you fucking keep it until you're financially stable and thus can afford something fun.

Until then, you can eat shit, OP

Lmao just keep the Toyota you retard. Why in the shit would you want to worry about some 90s piece of shit as a college student?

Because I'm a hipster faggot.

>chump money
>chump student spending chump money for a chump degree
>has a chump job
>drives a chump ass pussy de-magnetizer cuckold Camry.
>took him to college to finally realize he wants to get into cars
You're doing it wrong. There is no hope for you.

>5k for a fucking 1995 ranger probably 2wd
Oh I am laffin

If you can't buy a piece of shit CRX for $2000, what makes you think you'd be able to maintain it yourself? Why the fuck would you want to maintain an old piece of shit when you have a perfectly good car already?

Grow up, OP.

Personally, I'd import parts from Australia and convert the front and rear ends to the Australian Toyota Aurion. So much better looking.

Would probably be cheaper just to get a project car though.

Bitch it was a 4L V6 4x4 with a 5 speed and only 45k miles eat a dick

PLUS that was like 7 years ago

Are you me?

>2011 Toyota Camry LE
Should have told your parents to not Jew out and buy a V6

Pretty much this, but I get that you want something that won't repel females.

In your price range you should just look for something 90's era jap with a little style, a straight body and good paint...if the engine is shit you can slowly buy parts for it here and there and get it back running and when you get out of school and get a fucking job you'll have the basis of a good weekend runner.

I'm poorer than you m8

1999 Camry base model

>car is hand me down 2011 Toyota Camry
Stop fucking complaining