/mcg/ - Minecraft General: Countdown to Trainserb2 edition

Previous jej: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_accidents#Fatalities
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power
youtu.be/9fhzbaETUG0?t=34
youtu.be/EM1f10Ba8dk
youtube.com/watch?v=o1Oi8jhBbcA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

(You)
(You)
What would make a stack of IngotPyramid ingots not display their colors? I checked to make sure that the names used for the colorless ingots match up with the exact names (including capitalization) that Ore Dictionary uses for them, and they match. Vanilla Minecraft gold ingots display without any problems but, out of copper ingots from five different mods and aluminum ingots from Immersive Engineering, none of them show up correctly. I'm guessing all other modded ingots won't display properly either. I copied and pasted that one user's very long config file that no one claimed to have any problems with and I've restarted the server several times, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know what's up with this?

Well, apparently steel ingots work, but copper and aluminum ones don't, even though all of these ingots come from mods.

>(You)

I'm playing vanilla with my sister who is playing it for the first time.

Vanilla is pretty shallow so i'm starting to get a little bored, but mods would be overwhelming to her (she is completely new to gaming, doesn't even have M&K coordination down yet).

What are some entry-level mods that even she could learn? Something in the vein of vanilla

>my sister
>doesn't even have M&K coordination down yet
You have to be 18 to post here.

I'm 25, she's 27.
She's just never really played videogames, especially on PC.

T-Thanks

So, why do some modded ingots have a 100% success rate (for example, all the types of aluminum ingots), why do some modded ingots have a 0% success rate (6 different types of copper, all with the correct name), and why do some modded ingots have a success rate that's neither 0% nor 100%? There seems to be no consistency to this, nor any obvious cause as to why some ingots would be failing.

>Config file: ingotGold
>Oredict entry: ingotGold
>Works: yes
>Config file: ingotCopper
>Oredict entry: ingotCopper
>Works: no

What is up with this?

Women don't like videogames, how the hell did you got her to fucking play?
You could add any mod that doesn't add ores basically, like extra utilities.
She doesn't have to use the things it adds.

Try bukkit mods instead of forge mods. They're much easier to deal with because she won't have to install anything clientside, and they don't have as drastic an impact on gameplay. Then again this might be a bad idea if she grows attached to certain bukkit mods and the playstyles they provide, but you want to move forward by switching to forge mods.

But when it comes to specific entry level mods that she could learn: ask her what types of things she'd find fun. First, narrow it down to a general category like building, exploring, or combat. Then ask about her specific interests from there, like building rail systems to connect towns, building giant bases and defending them against mobs, building giant monuments that serve no purpose, etc. You could also try out adventure maps to help her get used to vanilla gameplay before moving on to modded gameplay.

>Women don't like videogames
you're either very young or you keep to yourself.

My sister stopped playing games at 18.
Since then most of the bitches I have seen playing are attention whores.

forced bump

that's weird. if i remember well when there's a mistake anywhere in the config file it reverts to only using the default (so only iron, gold an steel get colors).
and when i added the metallurgy stuff i didn't see anything weird.
try using a fresh config file and add the color for one of the fucked up ingots, see if it's still glitchy?

you're trying too hard, son

Damn, that didn't work either. The only change was that the ghost image of the first ingot displayed correctly, but when I actually place some, they turn pure white. Oh well, I guess I give up since there's literally nothing else I can think of to do to fix this

How the hell do I build a wall around a village with hills everywhere without the wall looking like trash?

well its happening
maybe the author of growing trees will start doing more shit now since he wasnt gonna do any more work until TE comes out

Modify the terrain or build a huge wall that can be equal on all parts.

>trying to run a small modded server for friends
>shit breaks down every fucking day

all it does is stress me out and I can't have fun

how do you fags deal with this shit

made it mostly stable and its ded so no one is around to crash it

i think playing alone would just be more fun

I play alone all day erryday. I am sick of it.

>FTB begged

FTFY

Server owner here. Specifically which mods of yours breaks down every day for you, and what have you been doing to address them breaking?

Except he's not wrong you fucking shitter.

The gender disparity in gaming is huge. And no, fucking farmville doesn't count.

>The gender disparity in gaming is huge
Do you have a single source to back that up?
>Inb4 'because i said so'

>the gender disparity in gaming is huge.
this isn't a problem

I don't disagree.

y-you too

Welp, just like last time, once thaumcraft, tinkers and thermal retardation release for 1.10, 1.7 will officially be dead and everyone and their mother will run to 1.10

Thaumcraft 6 when?

>and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!

Ah, if only i had saved the screenshots from back in 1.5...
Oh well. The past is the past, and we must look to the futu-
>1.11
Nevermind, let's stick with 1.7.10.

Who here hyp for Trainserb 2: Autistic Boogaloo?

Took them long enough. They mentioned having made a lot of progress like 3 months ago jk I know porting is a lot of work

post good texture-- i mean, resource packs

Sph__vanilla

Sphax
Coterie craft
Dokucraft

Ded general?

Can I used JEI on 1.7.10?

JEI or NEI masterrace?

deddest general

i use nei

HYPE

I've been playing pic related because I'm so hype.

desu i don't use either regularly, for larger packs NEI comes prepackaged so i use that more often than not.

das pretty hyp.
Been playing Trainserb 1.

TRAINSERB

can't wait, I need it

damn I miss being able to play openttd and drawing vast diagrams for my worlds

Like an idiot, I bought a Minecraft Realms server. All my friends have been busy, though.

Any of you plebs want to play with?

>Been playing Trainserb 1.

I'll be honest the only railcraft stuff I've ever used have been
>steam engines
>steam boilers
>steel gear
>rolling machine
>iron/steal multiblock tank

I've never touched minecarts or traincraft. But signal/routing autism is my jam.

I like trains.

Oh and the coke ovens/blast furnace obviously.

Railcraft is a weird mod because there are so many things in it that I think are part of IC2 or Buildcraft or Tinkers Construct but are actually Railcraft stuff.

Lol no thanks, 1.10 is shit

>see railcraft in pack
>wtf I'm not autistic enough for trainz
>remove railcraft
>steel no longer exists as a metal and all my biofuel tanks and steam boilers powering my RF machines are gone

Ironically I like almost everything but the whole trains aspect of the mod.

How much learning would I have to do to be able to frankenstein a whole bunch of separate parts from various mods into one whole?

The one example I could think of right away is lifting some of TFC's smelting mechanic since It actually manages to be interesting and then disabling the vanilla furnace and replacing all the furnace based recipes

Why would you use steam boilers instead of superior steam dynamos

What the fuck is Minecraft Realms?

Will it? ... When? ... Do you think Minecraft Storymode does Mods?

You'd need to make seared bricks and glass a non-furnace recipe in order even to make the smeltery.

You have to understand Java well enough to copy/paste or edit the classes you want and track how they interact with each other so you can keep them actually working with each other.

Boilers are dank and big and they generate TONS of RF if you keep them fueled.

Yeah but railcraft is shit tier mod. Rather use solars with thermal expansion.

Because a max size high pressure boiler covered in industrial steam engines looks and sounds like a giant living metal monster.

Also 80RF/engine and lives off unlimited automated Forestry biofuel.

Well if you want those huge things then yo probably are using immersive engineering then.
I think it is an annoying shitty mod.

When will Minecraft pocket edition be the same as PC?

How many of you have autism and how has it helped you make Minecraft?

Thats pretty gross user. Railcraft is like the only mod where I don't feel like I'm being fucked by the recipe's and I also don't feel like I'm cheating out other mods.

Renewable energy setups are gross.

Immersive Engineering's crusher is the only ore doubler that works on diamonds with the mod I'm on

Why? because in real life it would be the same if people weren't piece of shit moved only by their bank balances?
Sadly if we replaced alll energy for wind, we wouldn't have global warming nor energy problems ever again. But tell that to the big oil companies, see what happens.

I dislike using NEI after using JEI, because JEI has tabbed icons in the background indicating each machine/crafting you can use to create each item. You don't have to blindly flip through them.

Also JEI feels snappier in general.

Insolation energy at Earth's surface is shit-tier energy density. It doesn't matter if you have a 100% efficient solar power setup that never needs maintenance or replacement (which is impossible because entropy, but for the sake of argument). There simply isn't enough energy per square meter to support civilization's needs without paving over immense amounts of land that could have been used for other things.

Wind isn't great either because air has shitty density compared to hydro and for "green" or "safe" alternatives both are incredibly hazardous for the people working them : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_accidents#Fatalities

OIl/coal is shit power but so is wind/solar for different reasons.

Once you've tapped any available hydroelectric and geothermal sources you're pretty much left with only nuclear until we figure this whole fusion thing out. And we've known for decades now how to make nuclear reactors that are physically incapable of melting down. Problem is most countries are too scared of the boogeyman to build them (except China; expect them to have more energy than the rest of the world combined soon), but not scared enough to shut down the older ticking time bomb designs because we literally cannot survive without that energy at this point.

hey someone post some generic flooring that doesn't look like complete ass that i can use for my main island in sky factory

That's why you collect solar energy from the space, where there is higher radiation and no problems about cloudy days.
Remember those wireless chargers? yeah that eventually can mean you can transfer the energy via the same method back to earth.
Or you can just use the deserts too and some wind together.

All wind energy might work for one eurocuck city thats on the windiest coastline in its entire country with a population in the 10,000's.

I'd like to see wind energy fuel the millions of cars in a single city. The trains transporting food to their mouths. The clothes they wear, the deodorant, the toothbrushes, the toilet paper. The tankers that carry goods across the ocean. The servers that host web pages so your fatass can sit on Veeky Forums and claim that people are "just greedy and only care about money" when you're a non contributing zero.

If it's so easy go become a chemical engineer specializing in fossil fuel alternatives and fix the problem yourself. You won't though because appearing to be just is easier than actually being just. Its a lot easier to sit here and pretend you aren't a greedy cockroach resource sponge and blame the "Corporations" providing hundreds of thousands of jobs for your nation, innovating, achieving, and pushing the boundaries of human existence and understanding further than they've ever been in our entire history.

They say they are planning a global network, so you collect wind from lots of parts in the planet, which will mean that if there is wind in some place, very strong, they will try and distribute it in a way so that it goes to places where there is no wind currently.
I read that one kilowatt was $128 with oil, with wind it is just $56.

Also i have my own business and rent rooms for people, so nice assumptions and projections.

Wireless energy transmission at this scale also doubles as a death ray/doomsday device so you'd better be sure you understand what you're wishing for.

>I read that one kilowatt was $128 with oil, with wind it is just $56.

It might be $56 with massive government subsidies and tax cuts. I heavily doubt building, maintaining, and distributing all that wind energy is actually cheaper than the current methods of fossil fuels.

A lot of EPA studies like to completely neglect the fact that someone (the taxpayers) have to foot the bill for their government subsidized dreams.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power
>Wind farms consist of many individual wind turbines which are connected to the electric power transmission network. Onshore wind is an inexpensive source of electric power, competitive with or in many places cheaper than coal or gas plants.
>inb4 wikipedia is not a reliable source because you got rekt, dumb ass.

>Remember those wireless chargers? yeah that eventually can mean you can transfer the energy via the same method back to earth.

Wireless transmission isn't efficient so that's some pretty big losses right there. Induction plain doesn't work at all at distance, so that leaves only transmission by radiation.. but that's the smaller problem.
The bigger one is of the beam being incredibly dangerous. Pick whatever wavelength you want, at distribution-level energies enough of it is going to interact very destructively with anything in its path.

I think you have something confused with that first sentence but the second is helpful
I'll start learning Java

Nuclear energy is the same user. And we still use it.

Nice advancing humanity "business owner". If you legitimately think that the entire world can just switch over to renewable energy

>or in MANY PLACES cheaper than coal or gas plants.

How much do you want to bet those places line up with areas that have government benefits for people converting to windpower?

If it was more efficient companies would be building Windpower turbines and selling their power off.

Or the government would do it itself for its own shit like military bases and government facilities. They wouldn't need to subsidize it. Instead the entire world is willing to go to war over the shit third world countries that have already started pawning off their oil.

Spoilers, the US has plenty of oil and has just been hoarding it. There are a shit ton of oil reserves we can tap whenever the fuck we want to. Money is just less valuable than oil so they'd rather pay more right now and use whats in other countries. We literally just "discovered" the largest oil reserve thats ever been found in the US right in Texas (that they've probably known about forever).

Ok great b8 m8.

Nuclear provides a hell of a lot more energy and easier to contain.

What we're "still using" is outdated and too dangerous, and is not what it should be, though.

The radioactive waste is a massive problem though. And sabotage or human error makes it still fucking doomsday device.

sure if you count games like cawladoody and csgo

Hard to sabotage fluid-fueled reactors, since they're self-regulating and can't enter a meltdown state and don't interact with water (no steam or hydrogen explosions). And since they can take advantage of thorium fuel chains and reprocess their fuel in-situ the waste issue a lot easier to manage. You can burn up any long-lived fissiles instead of discarding them as waste, and several available fuel chains avoid producing any significant quantities of non-fissile long-lived radioactives at all.

>tfw no minecraft related shitposting.

THE THREAD WILL GET PRUNED.

Forestry is a shit mod and I don't play with it. I wish he would make the farms and everything else modular instead of making you download the entire shitty bee filled, tree shilled, mess.

>not replacing all mining and resource gathering needs with hives upon hives of mutant ore-shitting bees

I also really like the multi-farms. Kinda wish there was an open-source repository for Forestry, but I think it's still one of the few closed-source mods out there.

It was either that or letting it 404 though, boyo.

Okay, so instead of asking which mods I should include in my pack, let me ask you this...

Which mods should I avoid and why?

botania

You need to smelt a bunch of grout into seared bricks, and at least one sand into glass for a tank using a regular furnace before you can build the TC smeltery.

I avoid all the magic shit personally.

Disregard that I am an asshole and thought you were talking about Tinker's Construct for some reason.

I avoid applied energistics and thaumcraft.

I just don't like the mods very much. AE2 just feels super cheezy and thaumcraft never really seemed to provide practical benefits that were worth it in the versions that I tried it out. One day I might try it but I'd probably do it with a pack I designed specifically for it.

Avoid Tinker's Construct and it's addons

What do you use to contain monstrous storage? I am addicted to AE because it saves so much time lookng for shit in my massive storage of 20 resonant strongboxes enchanted with holding IV and 10 cells.

>and why?

Are ActuallyAdditions with empowering and ExtraUtilities2 with grid power too much like magic for you?

AE is more of a sympton of how a lot of mods have dozens of new generated resources and crafting recipes 50 layers deep. Basically a mod providing autocrafting and storage consolidation to deal with a problem caused by mods in the first place.

Because I don't like it, no particular reason.
Equivalent cheat change was so broken in 1.2.5 and OP it left me a bad taste for anything magic related.

I don't hoard literally everything. I generally just pipe stuff into barrels.

Everything isuseful with my mods installed.
I am currently working in making septuple compressed cobblestones to kill the wither and finish this world.
I have done everything else.

youtu.be/9fhzbaETUG0?t=34

I think I found my new modpack main menu theme.

Is this a real 12 year old? otherwise, what the hell, CWC of minecraft.

>he uploaded a new song a week ago

youtu.be/EM1f10Ba8dk

FUCKING SMASHMOUTH

What about this one? less cringy
youtube.com/watch?v=o1Oi8jhBbcA