What does Veeky Forums think of the Nissan 300ZX [Twin Turbo or NON turbo]

What does Veeky Forums think of the Nissan 300ZX [Twin Turbo or NON turbo]

I looked online and all i can find was that if it was well maintained its a great car. Only down side is that the cars engine bay is very tight and everything is cramped in there { a great feat of engineering}.

Also I was looking for 240sx, 180 or 280sx... but there were many 300zx.

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-autos-camions/longueuil-rive-sud/1989-nissan-240sx-rb25det-neo/1195668003?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/dandenong/cars-vans-utes/1990-nissan-300zx-coupe-highly-modified/1129077750
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north-boyanup/cars-vans-utes/1990-nissan-300-coupe/1136802327
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

overrated and overpriced. pita to work on. cool car but youre better off getting a soopra

nah i researched these alot and apart from cramped engine bay it is a good reliable car

Dont get the 89 2+2 or 89 in general

same engine as the R35 and infinities lol

Get one thats had the turbos, engine and other common problems fixed.

Inclined to agree.

The N/A is fairly simple and well built, but disappointingly slow. The TT is decent quick, but a royal nigger to fix and unreliable. You will never find one unmolested for under $30,000.

My friend had major issues with his T Top too, constantly fucking leaked even when he replaced all the seals.

there are only two 90 jap imports worth mentioning, and zx aint one of em

1/2

2/2

>T Top too, constantly fucking leaked even when he replaced all the seals.
T tops are notorious worldwide for this nobody ever has a good time with them not just 300zx's

If you want one just buy a TT Dodge stealth or a 3000GT VR4 as they can be found cheaper and it's the same shit.

So the T-top model of the zx some how suffered from leaks for some reason.
What was the mechanical difference between the t-top and hardtop.

did the Stealth have 4 wheel steering?

Those have major transmission problems. I have heard a lot of bad news. I have two in a garage next to my house for the last 2 years. just siting there

Yes.

My friend has one that's making around 400awhp and has no issues with the stock 5 speed. The 5 speed transmissions are bulletproof but I do seem to remember him saying something about the 6 speeds being weak.

>Transverse FWD/AWD vs Longitudinal RWD
>Same thing
No it isn't you fucking retard.

I replaced all the seals on my team tops they still leaked but I figured out that there is a small drainage tube that runs down the a Pilar. Try running something long down them to push all the gunk out.

get a z31, much cheaper and a bit larger engine bay.

I was looking at a NA one for daily driving and my first car purchase but was put off by the part cost. Try looking up some parts and see how much they cost. I went with a miata instead 8^)

No they arnt.
The z32 was a great, but heavy, car and in stock trim was second only to the FD in performance.
Unfortunately it was rather complex and at this age could be a ticking time bomb.

Have fun paying more than double for your meme engine placement lmao

how expensive were they. Buying parts for me are going to be important.

what's the going rate of an unmolested 240SX with about 89k miles on it these days?

they are cheaper because they are pieces of shit

That's literally exactly what the VR4 and TT Stealth are. You're uninformed.

well, got a CL link? I bought my un molested 240 with 100k miles for 4k

Parts exist. They aren't super expensive but they aren't cheap. It all really expends on what goes. There is a pretty decent sized aftermarket for a lot of components
With the exception of some major drive train things.

As is the z32 friendo :^)

nah, it's ours, been sitting on my dad's driveway for a while
nobody is using it, figured we might sell it if it's worth the effort
should add, it's an '89

12500$
kijiji.ca/v-autos-camions/longueuil-rive-sud/1989-nissan-240sx-rb25det-neo/1195668003?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

post pics, you cant jsut drop that info and not post pics

Aussie here best i can do

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/dandenong/cars-vans-utes/1990-nissan-300zx-coupe-highly-modified/1129077750

>unmolested
>rb25det
Not exactly

>Chaptcha: civico police

>Pay more
For what?
Granted, I wouldn't buy either car. But given the choice I'd take the Nissan.
Personally I'd buy either an SN95 Mustang GT or LS1 F-body. They both cost less than a decent TT example of the japanese cars and are probably not in need of an eminent engine rebuild.

and this
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north-boyanup/cars-vans-utes/1990-nissan-300-coupe/1136802327

literally everything else is fucked by lebbos and stupid bogans

that's leafbucks though, and those are km, not miles

not at home right now and I can't find any on my phone
maybe I'll make a thread about it later when I get the chance

meant to quote

lol the lebanese love there drift cars... i saw the lebanese rally and drift comp.

E30's and evos thats all they had. kek but they know how to modify

Bitch fuck off back to your Nintendo. The 3000gt was a sporty diamente. It used 4 wheel drive to achieve some impressive numbers but at the end of the day at its core it was a modified sedan.

The z32 was a ground up design purpose built sports car that ran with the very best. I had a stillen modified z32tt in the late 90s and shat on pretty much anything short of a 911 turbo.

>but they know how to modify
Only if they take it to a shop or own one themselves

everyone of those backyard builds are fucked
>. I had a stillen modified z32tt in the late 90s and shat on pretty much anything short of a 911 turbo.
not him, story time? Pics?

>muh special snowflake car
Sorry your """"""purpose built sports car"""" preformed comparably to what you admit is a """"modified sedan""""

Fucking nissan cucks I tell you

So I'm used to using Kijiji since im a Canadian to look for cars.

Since i noticed that New York and Vermont are closer to me than Toronto and Ottowa... [live in Montreal].
I wanted to ask you Americans what do you use to look up cars ?

craigslist

ausfag with yank car obsession here try Cars.com, craigslist and autotrader

Great car. Has some issues just as any old car would. Don't buy one if you can't wrench yourself.