Hey guys. I finally moved to Chicago

Hey guys. I finally moved to Chicago.
When I have read the road law, i was surprised.
To get driving licence, you must have a friend who will give you a ride to DMV and gives you his shitbox to pass the test.
I understand that most of you get your licences at the age of 16 with father's car, but I haven't nether father in US, no friends.
So, how can I get local driving licence? I have an international one, but it sucks, I want local to get cheaper ensuranse.
So, can I find some friends with shitboxed on Veeky Forums?
I am from Russia, if it means something for you.
Mail me [email protected] (2ch is russian Veeky Forums) if you want to friend with me, and give your shitbox to pass the fucking driver's test.
This is my shitbox i have sold in Russia, it had dead transmission, so i was have to shift down with double clutch pushing and intemediate throttling like Takumi every time.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/cSARM
discord.gg/uc433
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are you seriously using tape to hold that shit in there? I dont think i wana let you barrow my car Vladamir.

Word of advice. Go to a driving school and get the package where they bring you to the drivers test.

Yeah, and I moved 1/4 of my friend's shitbox for about 10-15 miles using the tape.
I think it is not free, and I am rather roop.

you sound like a fun guy. I would make friend with you if I lived in chicagp

Nice to see that.
Bump with my special $150 unregistered shitbox for illegal night street racing and fun.

>Russian
>no father
Color me surprised.

My father is over the ocean now and cannot give me a ride to DMV.

>no car to drive
>no friends to give rides to

what do you need a driver's license for?

>tfw no fun russian Veeky Forumstist friend in your city to hoon with and pick up girls by telling them hes in the mob with his broken english

>feelsbadman

I have a strange situation, I have money to buy some car, but also I should keep them for few month to make the evidence of funding to make US visa for my wife.
Yeah, you right, i don't actually need driving licence for these few month, but i am so Veeky Forumstist, that local driver's licence will make me feel better.
It's hard to explain. I feel myself handicapped without local driver's licence of the place where I live.

Shit man, I usually live about 50min away from Chiraq but right now I'm about 3 hours and will be here indefinately. Otherwise I'd help you out.

Where in Chicago did you move to friend? Ukrainian Village or up northwest with all the other Ruskies?

ITT: how to get your car chop shopped by the russian mob

In the Greek Town, new the UIC where I am studying and working as assistant.
No problem bro, my can mail me (my main in OP) with your contacts, telegram, whatsapp, whatever.
I think its cool to have american friend.

No shit. You're like ten minutes from me.

Can't drive my car though bro. I don't need the Russian Mafia cutting off my fingers. But I'll show you around give you tips for the city if you need them. Then maybe you can teach me how to pickup russianqts

Oh, cool. Of course, you are an asshole, but I can understand your concern: you haven't even seen me before!
Anyway, we can hang out without me driving your car. Send me your contacts, please.

Hey guy, don't left me alone!

Emailed you bro!

What part of Chicago блять?
Bulgarian here, can help you.

Greek town.

К coжaлeнию, я в пpигopoдe.

Жaлкo, нy ничeгo cтpaшнoгo.

Check the laws about driving with an international license, its usually allowed to drive on a licence from another country for a few months. You could them legally buy a car, and drive it to the dmv for your test.

OP, if you're still here, we have a chicago-centric discord for car guys. It's not very active, but we're there. We do occasional meetups, and we're planning on going to the Chicago auto show in February.

Here's an invite: discord.gg/cSARM

>Go to a driving school
They will know the roads where the real exam takes place. They will tell you how to act during the exam. I would say signup for some lessons. Take two or three, then say you are ready. Then instead of a lesson the driving school instructor will take you to the DMV. The instructor and DMV examiner probably know each other, so try to make a good impression.
With luck you will only have to do this once in your lifetime while in the USA.

for the exam...
Passing the driving exam involves some acting.
You carefully adjust your mirrors and put on your seat belt before starting the car.
You look in ALL directions before pulling out.
You come to a complete stop, then look in ALL directions before resuming.
Use turn signals for all turns and lane changes.
Always be scanning for possible dangers, especially children.

Everything is done with caution and exaggeration, like you are making a silent movie.
You look concerned, but not too nervous.

THIS IS ACTING.
You pass the exam.

Then you can drive like the crazy bastard we know you are. 8-)

I'd totally help you out russian bro, but according to google maps I live 1,001 miles away.

I hope you find someone who can help.

Wow, I remember advising you on this! Nice to see somebody actually made good on their plan to come to America. As I told you a year or more ago, I live in Ohio but here you don't need to have a driver's license to get a car title though as I said before I'm not sure about foreign citizens. Basically I suggest you shop on Craigslist or the local facebook group to find someone selling a car you want who seems nice and might drive you around for the 1 or 2 days it's going to take for you to get legal - though in my experience Russians have a very hard time identifying American style scammers.

What you would want to do (assuming foreigners are allowed to title cars) in order
>Choose a used car with a motivated or just curious seller
>Negotiate for car including them driving you to the FOUR places you need to go
>Title office to transfer the actual ownership of the car from them to you
>Insurance agency to get car insured
>BMV to get plates
>License office to take driving test and get licensed (may be right next to the BMV)

Before any of that though you really need to figure out exactly what paperwork you need to have in order to get the title transferred to you.

Invite doesn't work.

Mighty RAM! With period correct rust. Verry NIC Bruv.

How old are you, IP? I live in Chicago but I don't want to get jumped by the Russian mob.

Not mine, was just on my local craigslist. It's slammed and diesel converted see the plug for the block warmer? Also it has leather seats from a Dakota or Durango or something

Not mine, was just on my local craigslist. It's slammed and diesel converted see the plug for the block warmer? Also it has leather seats from a Dakota or Durango or something. This one's mine.

24yo

Try this one: discord.gg/uc433

You can buy a car without a license, sure. You would still need to bring someone with a license to the DMV though. Just ask a coworker or something, it won't take that long. They can just leave after the DMV sees them since you can legally drive away on an international license even if you fail.

Enjoy getting shot migrantcuck