The most dependable, longest-lasting full-size pickups on the road.**

>The most dependable, longest-lasting full-size pickups on the road.**
>**
what did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K8dM9rjASKw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In the fleet truck world GM's tend to last the longest and take the most abuse. Ford is second but they usually get replaced every few years before they start to fall apart.

inb4 shilling in the name of.

They meant the bed falls apart on aluminum Fords and the Ford fuel pumps shit out leaving you stranded for no reason, while the Dodge nukes it's transmission if you look at it wrong, but everyone buys the Fords anyways because better interior for mall crawling and the dodges look angrier so people buy those anyway

Found GM's marketing team.

>mfw superior old nippon technology

just make sure you undercoat it every other year and my 15 yr old trucc will outlast any ferd/chebby/doge

Fuck off GM shill.

Just because red necks tend to buy GM crap more doesn't mean they are the most dependable.

>longest lasting on the road
yes, they last long on the side of the road

>GM recalls and fixes people's vehicles
>Toyota fearfully and selectively recalls vehicles on only certain issues to prevent bad press on their one selling point

I really wish GM's marketing team would leave

Found the guy who's never worked with fleet trucks

youtu.be/K8dM9rjASKw

Is that Hugh Mongus?

Daily reminder no company uses the Tundra for any actual work because the C-channel frame can't handle actual work.
The Toyota is reliable until you ask ti to do work or until you ask it to survive up north since the frames rust so fucking fast.

It means they're good trucks. Problem?

My redneck town truck is an accurate representation of the whole world.

Over here you see many Toyota and Mitsubishi doing heavy work.

Maybe if you get your ass out of your trailer you could realize that many people don't buy your garbage vehicles.

sure thing bud.

It's different in the first world. We have 20k lb toy haulers to tow. Good luck doing that in your 90hp shitsubishi.

Stay assblasted GM cuck

Go to any place that isn't your incest ridden town in the missisipi and you will find no one uses your crappy turds.

Even ISIS knows well.

Hilux isn't the same as Tundra.

Tundra doesn't even exist outside of NA because it was made for that market

>tfw my 85 chevy pickup that was given to me after my pops died tarnished by my ex because we had a disagreement

It could of lived for a good long time

You know some of those vehicles came from the USA right?

Tundra is made in Texas, some of those vehicles come from a Toyota plan in Texas, where the Tacoma and Tundra are made.

My boss drives 1981 chevy k10 with a 6.2 Detroit diesel. It has 550,000 miles.

There is even this picture of a Texas pumber truck in isis hands

Yes, and ISIS along with other countries of the world are using the Hilux, which is not a Tundra at all.

America doesn't get the Hilux you fucking retard. The Tundra is American market only, and it is complete trash.
The closest thing America gets to the Hilux is the Tacoma, which is still complete trash. pic related.

Because your picture is worth somethings against statically evidence of Toyota trucks being superior to GM crap.

keep trying faggot.

was obviously meant to

itt assblasted toyotafangirls getting BTFO

Cute

>The Tacoma is a Hilux guys
>I promise
>why won't you believe me
completely unrelated fucktard.

Notice they chose the dodge for the missile battery that rarely has to move.

It had multiple roles

>completely unrelated fucktard.

Just like your meme arrows are to my post, retard.

Oh my FCA

If the Hiluz was sold in America, I'd agree, it's better than most of the American trucks.
But it isn't and this entire thread is about American market trucks so your point about the Hilux is null and void.
American market Toyota Trucks are shit. Get over it.

>>GM recalls and fixes people's vehicles after they kill their owners

GM is just trying to meet emissions requirements and they're at the directing by reducing the population.

better than a company whose fix to their cars killing people was a literal zip tie on the floor mats

Gm lying as usual

>our ignition switches don't kill people
>the corvette is legitimate performance car
Lmao

But they also are left with punctures when a toolbox is thrown into it from 8ft above... so whatever Idk

Remember when toyota recalled about a million priuses because of brake failure.

Even if you ignore the ISIS thing the fact still remains that.

>Your red neck town doesn't represent the entire world. Toyota, Mitsubishi, Daihatsu and many others are used for heavy duty around the world
>Toyota is still better than your GM turd see

Keep holding to your irrelevant details, shill.

Hey, I was just adding it in since you conveniently 'forgot' to. I didn't say shit about Toyota

I wish this board had id's there's more arguments than on /pol/.

You can just trip up if you want that so bad you moist faggot

You are loved

>Keep holding to your irrelevant details, shill.
>irrelevant
>Model sold in America is reliable but shit at actual work is somehow better than a model that's reliable AND does actual work.
We're not talking about the world you retard. We're talking about America. Irrelevant my ass. They start breaking as soon as they do real work unlike the American trucks.

I actually asked why there was no IDs on Veeky Forums and people immediately got defensive with >you're making a safe space!!!

I don't see how it would prevent shitposting but apparently there are some people who reeeeally don't want it. it would make keeping track of who's arguing with who though especially when its a cluster fuck.

>superior technologoy
>lower tow rating
>lower payload
>rusts to pieces prematurely
>less power
>same economy

It might if you baby it while the other trucks are put to work every day.

Try one that takes usage into account. Anything will last longer if you baby it.

I've worked with fleet trucks.
GM builds best trucks
Ford is cheapest and has large sales/service staff dedicated to fleet sales (probably done to maintain their "best selling truck" selling point)
Pretty much no one buys Dodge. Truck falls apart around the engine on the light diesels. The 4500 and up seem to do better though.
Yuppie contractors are the ONLY ones that buy Toyotas and they're generally only used for transporting 1 person, a tape measure, hammer, and a small step ladder.

ISIS is a bunch of inbred terrorists, not automotive experts. They use what they can get their hands on.

>ISIS is a bunch of inbred terrorists, not automotive experts. They use what they can get their hands on.

The joke just writes itself, folks

I know this is anecdotal and im not using it as an argument but I genuinely have never met anyone who's had trouble with their ram 2500's and 3500's and I have 3 friends and two family members that own them.

>They start breaking as soon

Are we talking about GM trucks now? I thought you were shiposting about Toyota!

I am not that user but I think its more likely that isis would use izuzu diesel trucks or something even more reliable than a Hilux if they were searching for reliability over everything.

>I thought you were shiposting about Toyota!
I am.

My last truck was a 2003 Tacoma 4x4, and the fucking frame rotted clean through.

>friends and family member that own them
Fleet use =/= POV use

They use whatever they can find a lot of for cheap. Considering the location, that's generally going to be the Hilux.

I bought a project car that wasn't running once. I towed it on a car trailer and my friend follwed behind me in his tacoma. When we arrived and we realized that me and him couldn't get this car out of the car trailer he decided to pull it off with his tacoma. It slid around on asfalt for 5 seconds and then when he tried again it wouldn't get into gear. He broke the transmission on his truck trying to pull a car.

>Ford is cheapest and has large sales/service staff dedicated to fleet sales (probably done to maintain their "best selling truck" selling point)
If GM would kill off the GMC brand and badge all their trucks as Chevrolet's, I bet your they'd outsell the Ford F-series and fuck up Ford's marketing plans.

I can also do that

I owned a gmc and i loved it but even i cant see why they're a thing.

>comparing light surface rust to frame killing rust

I don't see anything non-surface rust on that

They'd be a lot closer but last I checked they still wouldn't quite take it from Ford. Fleet sales is where Ford gets their numbers. They're out selling 10, 20, 50 cheap shit base models at a time while GM is selling 1 loaded crew cab.

That point was that anyone can use google images to find cherry pick images of cars they don't like, retard.

What you can't do though is negate the facts like pic related

Keep drawing those epic images, GM cuck

The tundra is a half ton pick up and the ram 2500 is a full ton, how are these the same class?

>can't argue that his truck breaks when it does actual work
>uses reliability statistics for daily drivers that never see work to show it's a good work truck
There's more to a work truck than it starting up and driving user. Let me know when Toyota figures that out.

The variety between Chevy and GMC helps sales but the massive number of shared parts mean that 99% of the work only needs to be done once and then you just need to restyle the front clip a little bit and change the badges and you've got two models you can market instead of one. Killing GMC wouldn't save them any significant amount of money.

Nice evidence you posted there shill.

I am sure your meme arrows are worth something more than crap.

Let's see reliability numbers based on fleets instead of private owners then.

And what metrics is this based on? How do the specs and usage of the Toyota Tundra, a light duty 1/2 ton, compare to the specs and usage of the other trucks? Are fleet vehicles included in this study?

Is GM the only company that still waxes frames instead of electro-coating them

The old C1500 platform was solid as fuck. Can't say I know much about the modern Silverado.

GM has been putting out solid as fuck full size trucks for a very, very long time.

As an ex owner of one GM truck, don't buy one. I could have bought a new Toyota or Ford cheaper than my Silverado but the constant trips to the dealer for it falling apart around me isn't worth it.

>dealer

What the hell are you doing to it?

>one 2014 Denali HD in the fleet
>only truck that hasn't had an issue
Meanwhile I'm driving an F150 that's one problem after another and is worse on gas than a big block class 7 dump truck.

>As an ex owner of one GM truck

New us used? Trucks from the big 3 are better to lease and give back before they start to fall apart. Toyota's are better for buying because they actually have some resale.

GM fafnboy here.

>my 1977 gmc jimmy still driving

>LTZ fucks anything

>when i want a truck I want to to pull shit, my boat or ffriends airstream or 5th wheels when building shit occasionally

>when i want a truck I want it to last more then 10 years, gernally this means less work on the engine/trans meaning more cylinders or diesel

>chebby has never let me down other then a few minor annoyances

then again the only toyota I ever owned was a 00 prizm, and that thing died at 386k after I rebuild the trans and was testing it and blew head gasket

have a diferent opnion then me, that's fine

New 2013 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

Toyotas are better for buying IF you are buying new, you're not doing any serious work with it, AND you plan to sell it in a few years.

However the vehicle that holds the MOST value is one that's finished depreciating.

this is my problem, i you are looking at a truck and considering "resale" and the likes....a toyota is probably better for you....

Most people that do work with their trucks intend to keep them for so long that resale is not an issue

>buying a 1/2 ton

T100's are like Ford 100s when it came to payload. But overall they were great trucks. These beasts only rusted away if you like lived in the salt belt. Well to be honest that what happened to a lot the cheveys and dodge's too. I do see slot for f150s from the 90s to be honest. Your just upset that your truck isn't as well put together.

False.
Tow trucks are ford or international.
You won't find gm or Mopar products very often because they break down too often under high use.
There's a reason tow trucks, taxis and limos have been mostly fords for the last century..

Just to add to this, the Tacoma is also massive pile of shit. In the past month I've seen 3 trucks come in for service because of "random rattling noises" and the trucks are missing bolts. These trucks are not even 2 months old and the factory workers forget to put on all the bolts.

I have never seen a Ford tow truck. Most seem to be Rams and Kensworths.

>dad buys a 95' C/K 2500
>only issues throughout the last 19 years were a minor gearbox fix, PMD, and lift pump
>salty faggots think it's unreliable

They are simple and cheap to fix. Thunk of all the work trucks, 2wd, bare bones with a 5.3 out there. They do there time in their first job. Get sold, and then a small contractor uses them for years. A 5.3 vortec can be bought for 5 dollars and swapped in in about 15 minutes. Every single part of the drivetrain is cheap because they make 52 billion of them.

I am exaggerating a bit but compare the time needed to change a head gasket in a pushrod vortec vs a ford ohc.

>Killing GMC wouldn't save them any significant amount of money.
They'd lose money actually considering GMC buyers have been shown by GM's research to go for more equipped trucks in general.

>He doesn't know how to spell
>Mississippi

Hhahahahaah you are deluded. Of all those old nippons truck that arent rusted to oblivion 3 out of 4 are illegal.on the road because of intense rust holes in the frame

>Gook steel, never again.

Yes.

It's an ad, it's suppose to make the product sound better than the competition.

>There's a reason tow trucks, taxis and limos have been mostly fords for the last century

That's true. But they also get replaced every 2-4 years, before they start to fall apart.

>T100's are like Ford 100s when it came to payload. But overall they were great trucks.
They're overall great trucks but bad when it comes to doing truck things with them?

>These beasts only rusted away if you like lived in the salt belt.
No, Toyota just used shitty metal. It's been a recurring issue specific to Toyota models and there's been recalls for rusted frames. Everything rusts in the rust belt. I'm not talking about the rust belt. Toyotas rust to pieces anywhere it's humid.

>Your just upset that your truck isn't as well put together.
*you're
I'd say the Toyota isn't as well put together seeing as it manages the same economy with less weight and less power. It manages to be less capable at transporting cargo by itself or by trailer, and made use of low quality materials that rust prematurely. That's not well built, that's worse built.

In the 90s nearly all tow trucks and rollbacks were Chevy/GMC C3500HD and they were nearly all Chevy/GMC C30/C3500 before that. Ford took a large portion of the market with the introduction of the Super Duty in 99 and pretty much no one used Dodge until the Cummins started to skyrocket in popularity in the late 2000s.

>taxis and limos have been mostly fords for the last century
Ford didn't take over taxis until the B body was phased out. And Cadillacs have long been popular for limos.

the MUH RUSTY FRAMES ON MUH TUNDRA is an overblown meme

Yes, they had rust problems in the first gen, but most of those issues have been corrected. not to mention, they have crazy warranty (15 years, if there's holes, they will replace the entire frame for free. Tundras and Tacomas)

Notice the two asterisks after the statement?

They didn't mean jack shit and it's horseshit.

All these busriders calling GM, Ferd, and Dodge unreliable

>GM
Great and reliable fleet trucks. 90s trucks still in use
>Ford
Sell them by the fuckton but usually replaced quite often but still reliable.
>dodge
Dont see too many. Mostly 4500 tow trucks, flat beds, box trucks, and dump trucks

Pic related. My 07 Silverado classic with 382,000 miles. Was a fleet truck before I bought it. Oil changes, brakes, fuel pumps, Dashboard lights, tires were the only things I've had to replace.
Manual transfer case and the 5,3

**Since these are new trucks there is zero way to prove this

long box tundras look so -off- , know what i mean?

>the ram 2500 is a full ton
3/4 ton, but your point still stands.