I'd like to hear a good benchmark car or equivalent to the following

I'd like to hear a good benchmark car or equivalent to the following.
>New BRZ 25k
>turbo/engine build easilly under 10k
>few suspension mods,tires and brakes
This would total up to about 38k or under 40k easily, i know there are many factors but i'd like to belive it would have a solid 350-400hp reliably
What stock or factory car would it compete well with? and would you buy it right under 40k

Literally a gt350 this isnt difficult. Hell if you go used you can get a vette.

Shit like this is posted in every cancer gt86/brz thread, fuck off

>gt350
>vette

So are you the monkey in this picture then you fucking nigger?

reading that suggestion of a used corvette or gt350 made me a bit nauseous, don't you have better taste?

No I don't care about your little battle here, I just want to know why you chose a reaction image that makes you a monkey

>No I don't care about your little battle here
then go back to /pol/ you degenerate

>what factory car would it compete well with?
Probably a 370Z but if you really think Subaru would build a car that could outcompete the STi you're absolutely wrong.
If Toyota wanted to they could but as it sits they do not want to.
If they made an STi BRZ it would probably push 290 to the wheels at most.
(Which is completely fine considering the weight)

I like cars. I don't browse /pol/. I like working on cars, and discussing the engineering behind them. I don't care about superficial things like which of two cars is better because of some misplaced sense of superiority or brand loyalty, which posters like you flood the board with.

I'm here for cars, not a pissing contest.

Oh and also to point out your terrible choice in a reaction image, in which you have chosen to represent yourself as an animal.

>implying you can get a GT350 for under $75K

they should have just had like one, maybe two years where they offered a limited number of STI 86's like the 2.5rs coupe, but then again it's not even the same car because rwd

>I like working on cars, and discussing the engineering behind them.
then why come into this thread being an edgelord, nobody minds those shitty "what car is dus guise" "redpill me on X" threads and such. This isn't posted daily, you just hate the car

>muh rice
Volvo 242 Group A turbo
350hp
2100lbs

I came into the thread to hear people's thoughts on the matter.
I'd love to own a BRZ, and I'd also enjoy a Vette. Mustangs aren't my thing, but I can see the appeal.

Why so angry user? Why can't you just be positive?

>1000lbs heavier

Even a Vette is 500lbs heavier.

>Why so angry user? Why can't you just be positive?
>Shit like this is posted in every cancer gt86/brz thread, fuck off
you must be brain damaged or something

There's just such little market for them. If they did it would be to compete with some other manufacturers stake in their territory.
As it sits you have the Miata and BRZ, which are basically built for the same people it just boils down to "soft or hard top"?
now, if KIA keeps it up they might just do that because they seem to be leaning towards that way.
But as it sits there's no real competition to the Toyotwins so they're happy to stay stagnant

How about Lotus Evora

I didn't say that second thing, that was the other dude.

but they could have taxed the fuck out of the limited number and boyracers would be all over that shit, you don't think it would sell? I also think issue is it's not a 100% subaru so why make it better than current inventory like you said

bmw 230i, base is $33k

>curb weight 3342 lbs

light weight battery, manual aftermarket seats & lighter aftermarket wheels and it'll be like 3100lbs

Still heavier than the BRZ by ~300lbs, but you have a much more robust engine and a better interior

That kind of cash out would be reserved for when they decided it was no longer profitable to continue production and so the last 5,000 models or so would have a "go nuts" attitude towards them.
But no as it sits your general boyracer prefers a small turbo with a loud BOV and an air ride suspension with no less than 17 inch wheels, so we should be grateful manufacturers don't cater to that.
Don't get me wrong OP you don't have a bad idea which is the beauty of the Toyotwins. They're not made for special editions with more power, they're made to be affordable to a 21 year old pizzaboy who would otherwise be saving for a questionable quality 240SX or Miata, with the bonus of retaining all (if not more) modding capability than aforementioned shitboxes
The same formula kept the Silvia successful and has kept the Miata alive for literal decades

Basically OP look at it like this - when Mazda decides to bring back Mazdaspeed you can expect the Toyotwins to follow suit.

You can make interior look really good in the 86

>Oh and also to point out your terrible choice in a reaction image, in which you have chosen to represent yourself as an animal.
you seem uptight user, what's wrong?

Daily reminder that in 5-10 years time Veeky Forums will love the Toyobaru twins.