Hadn't Hephaestion died like a bitch to some shitty illness, could he have saved Alexander's empire from splitting?

Hadn't Hephaestion died like a bitch to some shitty illness, could he have saved Alexander's empire from splitting?

Other urls found in this thread:

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/recommendations/images/c/cf/LoGH_Guide.png/revision/latest?cb=20100918073416
kissanime.to/Anime/Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes-My-Conquest-Is-the-Sea-of-Stars/Movie-A-FanRips?id=66285
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79E5a0wBpi63v5gPBgCXSZocon5ZzTlP
youtube.com/watch?v=DtrL-WWLU3s&index=164&list=PL79E5a0wBpi63v5gPBgCXSZocon5ZzTlP
youtube.com/watch?v=78juY_OcxrI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> muh "Great man theory"

He WAS his second in command after all and for all intents and purposes his no homo partner. Why wouldn't Ptolemy or Seleukos pledge loyalty to him?

Depends, was he The Strongest™?

>Yes, he was the commander of the Macedon Companion Cavalry, Alexander's trump card in every fucking battle.
Also was honored a hero and all that after dying and monuments to him were planned.
The other guys don't even come close. They only managed to have historic relevance because the top dogs went out like bitches.

>Strongest
Thought he was going to call out to the strongest and plunge the galaxy into conflict while succumbing to a feverish delirium. Maybe that would've been too referential. Glad with how things played out. RIP in RIP Schenkopp. PIP in PIP Ruental. FLIP in NIP Wenli. DIP and RIP Oberstein.

>Reuental
>Schönkopf

proud faggots that died because they refused to seek help

Schenkopp? Nearly all of the other Rosenritter were dead and he was trying to keep people away from Julian's efforts. Where would seeking help have achieved his goals?

>Ruental
...yeah

>Gee i have a huge bleeding slash wound from a fuckhuge space ax, better say one more on liner and continue walking and dying.

He was already combat ineffective, should have surrendered and asked for medical treatment.

Reminder Rudolf Von Goldenbaum did nothing wrong

>single handedly kill dozens of enemy's fellow soldiers
>think they'd do anything but laugh if you spent your last moments begging for clemency

The man would've never accomplished anything he did if he weren't so proud and armed with the skill to support said pride anyway.

shoo shoo aristocrat

Where can I watch this anime?

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/recommendations/images/c/cf/LoGH_Guide.png/revision/latest?cb=20100918073416
^use this

kissanime.to/Anime/Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes-My-Conquest-Is-the-Sea-of-Stars/Movie-A-FanRips?id=66285
watch here

>tfw all the good characters of the free planets die
>Empire only loses Reuental and some literally whos

thanks.

here's the playlist
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79E5a0wBpi63v5gPBgCXSZocon5ZzTlP
but start with this movie first
youtube.com/watch?v=DtrL-WWLU3s&index=164&list=PL79E5a0wBpi63v5gPBgCXSZocon5ZzTlP

Well then he shouldn't have taken out the space ax that was stopping the fatal bleeding.

>F
>P
>A

Don't give me fucking spoilers, I was going to watch it for myself later but you RUINED it for me.

Son of a BITCH.

>Oberstein
>Kircheis
>...blue hair dude

and Such is the price of freedom

thank you user.

Fugg i forgot about Kircheis and Oberstein.

YANGWINSLOL
>muh Rosenritter

Bittenfeld a jobber, still best admiral

youtube.com/watch?v=78juY_OcxrI
Scary how it portrays actual governments

Did Reinhardo wanted to fuck his sister and Kircheis?

>Well then...
He was surrounded, fatigued, and the wound was debilitating even without bleeding. He probably saw the blood on the walls so to speak and thought intimidating the remaining soldiers would've given Julian more time.

And these two things aren't to be apologized for, imperium and one-liners.

Julian is best girl.Prove me wrong

Jobber? I don't know what you think a jobber is, but I certainly didn't think that every time he went into a fight, he would inevitably. The only two major "losses" he had were failing to kill ruental in 1v1 combat and dying after killing probably dozens of soldiers while outnumbered.

He wanted to Kircheis to peg him while Annerose whispered encouragement and praise to him.

Julian is a guy that got cucked by fucking Yang of all people with frederica

>giving julian more time
Oh shit he held the four (4) weak normal soldiers going up to him in a ship now probably swarmed by thousands of elite armored panzergrenadiere
Julian got lucky he managed to use the negro guy a bullet sponge and that for some reason mitermeyer the genious thought that only kissling alone outside the door was ok

>he would inevitably
I a word. He would lose inevitably.

I meant based bittenfeld was the jobber. Schenkopp was just lucky enemies routed when someone whispered muh rosenritters.
In the end got taken down by a fat pog slob

Julian got best girl (tomboy) in the end.

>oh shit...
Perhaps you're right, but I'm still not convinced that the soldiers would've accepted Schenkopp's surrender after what he did and it was out of character for him to die begging.

Like I said, if he weren't the type of person he was, he probably would've never led the Rosenritter.

Ah, shigg. Sorry, I read Rosenritter and Jobber and had already filled captcha before I'd even thought about precisely what I'd write.

Bittenfield a jobber? I can see it. A fine admiral with a worthy reputation hampered by the misfortune of regularly engaging some of the greatest admirals in the galaxy.

He probably did a lot better facing off against average admirals.

>when someone whispered
Well, you've gotta earn that reputation in the first place.

>tomboy
Yeah sure let's go with the now even more daddy issued as fuck girl instead of yang's wish (cazelnu's daughter)

Schenkopp's deal was always being a maverick and only got the regimental commander position because his CO got BTFO by his other former CO. Also before the battle he told Julian and the girl he now had a reason to live to see them grow or something. Should have thinked about that before doing looking down whatever that ment to him

Well to be fair even mittermayer jobbed to yang. Bittenfeld's curse was that he was the spearhead admiral and one fucking error would case his fleet to get BTFO.
Rosenrittern a shit

>yang's wish
I don't recall Yang "wishing" for their matching.

>daddy issues
Handles them better than Asuka's mommy issues and Misato's daddy issues.

>schenkopp...
None of that diminishes his accomplishments and competency.

>should have
I still don't think it was realistic of him to throw down his axe while drenched with imperial blood and demand his Geneva rights.

>Rosenrittern a shit
Rather than take the time to do so, just imagine that I responded to this with a Rosenritter themed navy seal copy pasta edit.

Mittermeyer and Müller were praising him through a video screen. If those soldiers shot him or denied him aid, they would have gotten executed personally by mittermeyer

Panzergrenadiere had better aesthetics

I don't recall the ship wide speakers being active at all times.

No just that they were watching the combat like a football game and commenting on it. If mittermeyer was paying attention to it he could have given the order.
Also why, if he was ready to defend the Kaiser, didn't he put on a suit of armor. Fighting guys with armor and space axes is pretty difficult when you have a cape on

The space cape gives you substantial bonuses to attack, defense, evade, and plot armor.

>he could've
If's and but's, user. I wouldn't say so with confidence.

HIs entire life and responsability right there consisted on keeping an eye on the kaiser to see if he was still breathing and watching that screen to see the pregress of the boarding action. Mecklinger was in charge of the space battle

Mishima was an autistic joke.

Edgy

Deny me. Prussian derived design is superior

user you are a real hero.

Caude greed? They saw an opportunity to carve an empire for themselves

How different would the world be if Alexander went into europe instead of going into bumfuck pooinloo?

Rome should be for which general?

The second strongest

Who is the best FPA besides Wenli and why is it Dusty Attenborough?

Torrent it via nyaa.se or baka.bt plebeian.

>caring about spoilers, while not knowing how they happened
Plebeian spotted.

Schonkopf.

I love seeing Legend Of The Galactic Heroes threads on Veeky Forums, after all it is the most Veeky Forums anime of all time, and the best anime to date.

>tfw had to stop because I really wanted to see the Empire crush the free planets alliances like the worthless insects they are
>tfw Yang Wenli knowing everything in the empire plan (even phezzan shadow stuff) in two minutes and magically succeeding every time the empire guys came in made me mad as fuck.

Fuck anime

>dies of gunshot wound on leg like a bitch
He was a pussy from the start.

>muh democracy
>down with monarchy
>democracy is bad too but muh democracy

I know that feel lad, he was just so nonchalant and perfect, even when he was dying. Had to drop that shit.

dyxj

Bucock is obviously best admiral after Yang

This. After all the bullshit with Trunhit, and all the progress the Empire was making by comparison, I pretty much had it with the FPA, but damn if Bucock's final stand and speech didn't have me saluting for democracy.

>dropping a show because you think one thing will happen, then the exact opposite does.

The FPA do get absolutely crushed, and Yang's successor state is only allowed to continue due to the bravery they show.

You are also thinking about it completely backwards. The central conceit for Yang is that he is the greatest general ever, obviously he doesn't lose, because that is his character.

There's nothing magical about it. In the show, Yang and Reinhard both collect as much talent as they can, and at the admiral level they're basically equal. The difference is Reinhard's political ambitions leave Yang in the dust, and he ends up in command of a huge fleet which he has to delegate command of to his followers who aren't all as skilled as he or Yang are. Take Bittenfeld - he's excellent as a rear admiral but gets his shit pushed in all the time trying to maneuver a whole fleet, because his staff isn't nearly as good as Yang's or Reinhard's.

Yang can only stand up to Reinhard later because Yang keeps his fleet exactly like it was at its most effective, while Reinhard has to fight with all his best men busy being autonomous leaders of less effective fleets than his own admiralty used to be.

You have to admit it is pretty damn lucky how Yang ended up with so many talented staff officers in his frankenstein fleet of veterans and new recruits. Sure he knew how to use them really well, and put men in the right places and gave them exactly the right instructions, but imagine if Fischer had just been assigned to a different fleet before Astarte.

Also you are underplaying just how important Yang's philosophy to combat was, and just how he happened to be exactly the right one for the type of war the FPA needed to fight.

muh half circles

>dies of gunshot wound on leg like a bitch

best day of my life

Yang a fucking cuck. He says (pic related) that he prefers to fight for trunhit's corrupt democracy than be under the best autocracy ever.
He was ONE (1) arm swing from ordering Reinhard's death and he pussied out because of some bullshit orders.
Then he has the gall to say to Julian that he happy to receive that order because he didn't want to kill Reinhard.

It wasn't luck. Yang personally hand picked his officers (or someone talented like Cazellnu picked some out) because they're people he personally met or witnessed and actively petitioned to get under his command.

He got Fischer because he wanted Fischer, it wasn't random luck. That's like saying Reinhard was lucky Mittenmeyer or Mueller wasn't in someone else's fleet at Astarte.

Fischer was in the 4th fleet (the first one to get absolutely BTFO at astarte). He was indeed lucky that Fischer didn't die there.

Bittenfeld's men (fleet subcommander, chief of staff and vice chief of staff) were good. He was unlucky to face Yang in most of his battles. Bittenfeld when used right managed to destroy any opposition that Bucock and Reuental managed to put up. His action basically ended the battles.
Pro tip: Not a good idea to name a guy an admiral just because as a battleship captain he managed to destroy two enemy ships with one shot.

See
After the capture of Iserlohn, Yang had some leeway that he used to get officers he wanted, but before that (and the core of his fleet was always what came before Iserlohn, the leftovers from Astarte), he had absolutely no say, it was just Yang sorted through the shit he was handed and making the best out of it. He always had to deal with utter shit and just using whatever he had at hand, there was never really any time other than that brief period where he got the crew together to take and hold Iserlohn the first time that he had any control.

You seem completely mindbroken by /pol/ memes, I hope you get better.

Yang may possibly have taken his philosophy too far, but he was first and foremost a Veeky Forumstorian, he knew what happens time and time again after a dictator is allowed to take control - in an instant, centuries of democracy can become a hereditary empire. He is resigned to democracy being the best-worst form of government, because checks and balances - it evens out, never allowing for brilliant autocrats like Reinhard, who may be great in the short term, but bad for what comes after.

Still, the fact remains that Yang had no spine when it mattered most. Schenkopp was right, he should ignore those orders and seize the present, future and history. The >F>P>A might have survived.
The country was either way infiltrated by space snackbars.
Also after Reinhard came Hildegard, that was even more level headed and after her was his son, that Reinhard set up with Mittermeyer's son as his Kircheis and have someone equal to him all the time.

The future in LOGH is really left up in the air, it is heavily implied there will be some sort of war, maybe a power struggle between Wolf's son and Reinhard's, who the fuck knows

I'd say that Yang was vindicated, in that he became a martyr for democracy, and the spirit of what he tried to keep alive in Iserlohn would far, far outlive him.

If Yang had taken control of the FPA at some point before it's invasion through the Phezzan Corridor, what realistically would've been the result? Even if we say that, with all Yang's brilliance and the full weight of the FPA behind him, they could've held off Reinhard and sued for peace, the fact that a dictator had so easily taken control would've just made him the Sallust or Caesar to the next generation's Augustus. Yang could have pushed Reinhard's shit in and retired to go read history after securing the borders, but within his lifetime someone with different intentions would've taken control.

>Sallust

Sorry, I meant Sulla. I always get their names mixed up.

So? His actions during the civil war basically doomed the alliance to failure. He destroyed an entire intact fleet and the defense satellites that would have prevented mittermeyer and reuental from making the government to surrender. He was no Heinessen, people would have forgotten him eventually.
Also was an hypocrite, his son and wife succeeded as military and civil leaders without as much as a thought for a vote first.

>and the defense satellites that would have prevented mittermeyer and reuental from making the government to surrender

Nigga, Siegfried was able to easily defeat the same system without any loss of life, as was Yang. Reuenthal could have worked it out, the thing was offering false security, it wasn't worth the scrap metal that it was made out of.

Reinhard would have definitely disapproved of how his succession was handled, it was the exact type of shit he wanted to avoid. There is also a very strong possibility that Julian himself is the start of a new dynasty of despots. Everything Yang tried to instill in him was to persuade Julian that was a bad idea, but who knows?

>the defense satellites

dude, the audience knew the Artemis Necklace was obsolete since like Episode 5.

Do you not remember the simple Zephyr particle solution? The Necklace is basically useless unless you have a fleet to defend it.

Yes but setting up the zeffir particle generator would have taken precious time that would have gotten Reinhard killed.
Remeber, Yang literally only needed 10 seconds more at most.

shite meant

I really fucking hate you Loghtards posting on every board about your shitty cartoon.

You're on the same level as Warhammerfags

>Veeky Forums cartoon
>not board related

kys (((Rubinsky)))

> humanities

God fucking damn your accursed ways once again.

>hypocrite
Don't remember if it was this show who proposed this point, but I recall from somewhere that a military doesn't exist to practice democracy, merely further it. This was more like a VP becoming the president...sorta. The entire movement was at a critical point where it was judged that the best move forward was in the hands of those who could best carry on Yang's will for the institution of democracy.

Voting and a constitution can come later when the ideals are secured. I don't think this makes Yang a hypocrite, but it's clear others don't share his philosophy as exactly.

>(((Rubinsky)))
Are you implying he was ever in error?

>every board
Link me to that LofGH thread famalam.

What
Wasn't it heavily implied that Reinhard agreed with Constitutional Monarchy, and Julian's predictions would be that it would get even more democratic as time passed? As in, monarchy slowly falling into obscurity, like today?

>Reinhard agreed
I thought the case was that he would never agree to it while alive but accepted it's creation privately and expected his son's mother to implement it.

Then the job should fall on one of the three surviving vice admirals. Either schenkopp, attenborough or cazelnu. In an emergency Merkatz even, not a fucking lieutenant junior grade.

Still don't know what Lex (((Luthorsky)))'s endgame was, just that.
They did frequent a restaurant, even Yang's wedding was there (poorfag as fuck). Maybe food was good there?

>not a fucking lieutenant junior grade.
The competency and advisory roles of those individuals were in place, but none of them felt they'd be the right person to succeed and continue Yang on a philosophical level.

Julian did pretty well + he can kill people. Imagine if Yang carried a weapon? He'd be immortal.

Reinhard was pretty much exactly Friedrich II (the Prussian one), he believed in enlightened absolutism, with a true meritocracy underneath. His Neu Reich was vastly more democratic than the old one, but not in the way the FPA or we would recognise: he abolished serfdom and the feudal system, but detested anything like the popularity contests of democratic states, or monarchs under heavy control. Reinhard explicitly believed that only the most brilliant and strong should have power and wield it benevolently.

Julian might we have been right that the Neu Reich would go down the route of Constitutional Monarchy, though if we are going to really labour the 18th-19th century allusions, the risk of fascism or something like that rising out of a despotic regime (future Iserlohn?) is totally on the cards too.

I think Julian was more naive than Yang anyway. The thing about the autocratic hereditary system that Yang fought against, is so much relies on the personality of the ruler. Mariondorf definitely had the influence on Reinhard that things were looking to go that way after his death, but who the fuck knows what the wishes of Alexander would be when he came of age? His inferiority complex over the father he never knew could cause him to be a tyrant, and who was going to disobey the son of Reinhard von Lohengramm?

Queen of

'fraid not fratello

Then they shouldn't act so surprised when 3/4 of the iserlohn leaves when they get put under orders of a 20 year old kid they outrank. One soldier even tells to julian's face what a cuck yang was for dying to terrorists

Julian was really just a figurehead.

Surprised? They weren't surprised at all, they expected that to happen. At most some of the leadership was disappointed that people followed Yang Wenli and not his ideals.

>3/4
I don't recall it being that much

So? It pissed a lot of people. Cazelnu was anyways yang's unofficial second in command.
Even the chief of staff left. Also this just proves the point that people follow strong or good leaders, not institutions that can chnge with the drop of a hat

>Then they shouldn't act so surprised when 3/4 of the iserlohn leaves when they get put under orders of a 20 year old kid they outrank

But they weren't surprised at all. That was the whole point even: none of them wanted people who were halfheartedly there, who only cared about Yang and not the cause, or who just wanted to win glory and advancement. Even Murai leaving was meant to drag along everyone who didn't have the balls to stay but were hesitating because of self-image.

Then they should have left those people as pog in charge of ISerlohn's maintenance. I mean they let even let the civies in charge of producing supplies and were left with an gender imbalanced population as a result.
Bigger question is why Merkatz was allowed to say that he wanted the Goldenbaum dinasty back and not even demand from him to change his uniform.

Anyone else notice how Kircheis was made out to a 2nd Reinhard
>best waifu
>best strategy
>best fighter
>best ship
He literally could've replaced Reinhard, but didn't because he got kill and was friends.

>no ambition
His only ambition in life was to fuck annerose sama and that almost achieved after the kaiser died

The way they described it was that he was one half of Reinhard.

He never had Reinhard's ambition though, he was much more humble. He just wanted to help his best friend win the universe, and then fuck his sister.

And there it is. Feel a distinct need to post that?

Mishima lived his life according to his own terms up to the very end and is still considered one of Japan's greatest authors.

So yeah, a joke.