You were born too late to experience Belle Époque Europe

>you were born too late to experience Belle Époque Europe

jdimsa

Can someone dump photos

Bro, you should read some shit from that time. Sounds boring as fuck. Walking in the park was a fucking social activity subject to the judgments of the townspeople.

Seriously fuck that pretentious shit.

>being part of radical syndicalist circles is boring
boy...

>it's a "if I can't shitpost and watch anime life isnt worth living" episode

Zweig makes it sound qt, as do most contemporaries if only for the exuberant sense that things were literally always getting better.

So no, you haven't actually read anything from that era? Are you aware just how much the intellectuals of that time hated their era?

The pretentious falseness of it. Start with Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

>you were born too late to be the son of a southern plantation owner who (you the son) spends his time deflowering and soiling his father's property.

Well to be an intellectual you pretty much always have to be a contrarian.

You ask any modern intellectual what age they want to be born into, they would say this one. It wasn't like today where millennials are the ones to say the wrong generation shit.

Everyone walked around in a time where people shat in the streets and acted like their shit didn't stink. It was THE most fake era of our history, and the brains of the times knew it for what it was.

Nice generalizations

Pick up a book.

Hating your time and not wanting to be born in the past are not mutually exclusive.

WuT.

>I hate the present
>I'm thankful I wasn't born in the past
These two statements don't contradict each other.

>you will never get to be a 1950's suburbanite
>you will never get to live in a wholesome neighborhood free from blacks and Hispanics

You literally think every person from that era hated it? How retarded are you? An entire generation of people like Stefan Zweig mourned the death of pre war Europe.

And? Where did I say they did?

Kek.

Yes, user, literally every single person. That's what I said.

>You ask any modern intellectual what age they want to be born into, they would say this one.
This doesn't mean they don't hate their time.

Kek.

Kek, where did I say it did?

Well to be an intellectual you pretty much always have to be a contrarian, prove me wrong.

You can't.

Kek. I love how you're shifting the goalposts.

You aware you can stop posting, right?

I agree

Shallow and pedantic

Kek, where did I shift the goalpost?

Well, first you said my two statements didn't contradict each other, now you are asking me to prove intellectuals are contrarian by nature.

Where DIDN'T you shift the goalposts?

Seriously, you can actually stop posting whenever you want.

>Europe
France

I'm asking you to DISPROVE how intellectuals aren't contrarian.

Which you didn't in You should read a book about reading comprehension. And also stop posting.

KEK

(you)

(You)
Not an argument.

>actually still going

Kek. I love how you're shifting the goalposts.

You aware you can stop posting, right?