Tfw a couple thousand to mess with

>tfw a couple thousand to mess with

itt: Help a complete noob get into casual stock online trading.

Other urls found in this thread:

justetf.com/en/
bolero.be/nl/
translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.bolero.be/nl/&edit-text=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And I do mean complete noob.

I know where to get an account, and that's literally it.

For instance: if I decide to sell, do I have to wait until all the stocks I want to sell actually find buyers? If they do find any at all?

>don't listen to Veeky Forums for stock advice
>don't buy anything before not being a noob anymore
>don't expect to make more than 13% a year
>buying a World ETF is probably your best choice

JUST GET IN TO NVCN RIGHT NOW.

>don't listen to Veeky Forums for stock advice
I just want the mechanics of it.
Not looking for tips.

>don't buy anything before not being a noob anymore
For serious?
I thought I was supposed to play around with some chump change at first, like around 1k, and be prepared to lose it all.
Just to get a hang of it.
How else would you learn?

>don't expect to make more than 13% a year
That's oddly specific, isn't it?

>buying a World ETF is probably your best choice
I have no idea what that is.

Also, I work from home and spend literally all day at the computer, if that helps.

Also, I'm in Europe (Belgium).

Finding buyers shouldn't be a huge issue except when you are trading pennystocks (look at the market volume)
Your broker should give you two different prices, as you can see in picture related, you can buy up to 42 shares for 712,977€ or sell up to 42 shares for 713,594€. The difference is called the spread, it's higher when the market is closed or when you are trading pennystocks

i advise you to just watch a chart move up and down for about 1 week placing imaginary buys and sells in your head.

sounds boring as shit, but it would have saved me alot of losses

it's the other way round, i messed up.
just create a watchlist/ write down the prices of stocks you think will go up and see what happens

>The difference is called the spread
I'm watching a stock right now, and it has the price (0.207) and then next to it "+0.003".
Is that an alternative way of representing the spread?

So you meant sell for 712 and buy for 713?

Torrent tim sykes, trading tickers, and tandem trading from tpb

Watch for a month no trading.

Paper trade for another month

Trade till you get a strategy

Do I literally search for "tim sykes", "trading tickers" and "tandem trading"?

>Paper trade
Does this mean not online?

>do I have to wait until all the stocks I want to sell actually find buyers?

Generally yes, but you should never invest into stocks with such a low turnover that this becomes a problem.

Also, read up on order matching.
Example: The stock trades at 100. There's probably dozens if not hundreds of open orders right now, even if nothing is currently sold. People who are looking to buy may have open orders to buy at 98, or 81, or whatever. People who are looking to cash-out probably have orders open to sell at 104, or 130, or whatever.

So if you want to get out in a hurry you already have buyers lined up - you just have to drop your price a bit. In a very extreme case you could sell 1,000 units at "best" (instead of providing a limit for execution like the others did) and then you'd sell 900 units at 98 because the guy offering to buy at 98 is looking for them and the rest of 100 units would go to the next lowest which is the guy with the 81 order.

That's an extreme example to show how it works, in practice those spreads are probably cents apart and like I said, you shouldn't invest into stocks where finding a match is an issue as a noob anyway. But it's good to keep in mind that even on a large stock a crash could have ugly results (say it trades at 100 and you put a limit sell on 80 to jump the ship when it goes down - if it's a horrible crash it would trigger your limit but continue to fall so far that maybe your order is matched only at 50 or even lower). stock exchanges usually have rules to prevent extreme cases, but it regularly happens on forex trades.

Noob advice: Park your money in ETFs then start following the markets. Pick something that interest you and read up on it. Then slowly start branching out into picking individual stocks. It's honestly really fucking risky because you're betting on one or very few horses. The better your diversification the smaller your trades and the higher the fees will be. Stick with funds.

warrent buffet is a great man no doubt.

sell on highs, buy on lows.

"the stock market is a tool for trading money from the impatient to the patient"

remember these 2 things and you will suceed

For ETFs, check this one out:
justetf.com/en/
When you buy an ETF you are investing in an Index, which can have thousands of stocks in it (1.645 for the MSCI World). The performance is quite good and even professional investors (funds) often fail to outperform the Index. Also, the fees are much lower
Paper trading means taking a piece of paper and writing down fictional buys and sells. Give yourself imaginary 10.000 and check the paper in a few weeks

Yes search for them in tpb. The combination is worth 5k alone

It means not using real money

>turnover
What's a "turnover"?
Is this indicated on the stock webpage?

>The stock trades at 100.
Does this mean the stock "sells" at 100?

>There's probably dozens if not hundreds of open orders right now, even if nothing is currently sold.
So like a waiting line?

>People who are looking to buy may have open orders to buy at 98, or 81, or whatever. People who are looking to cash-out probably have orders open to sell at 104, or 130, or whatever.
So a frozen waiting line?

>you shouldn't invest into stocks where finding a match is an issue
How would you know?

So "trading tickers" (as in plural) will yield a single specific piece of software?

Technical question: how easy is it to transition to a new computer after you install all of that?
Will a laptop run all that?

Gotta eat, thanks for all the great info so far.
brb

Dude their fucking videos

Look it up

Oh, "trading tickers" is the name of a book.
Sorry mang.

>turnover
You'll be able to tell by how far apart the bid/ask is (spread). If it's close, that indicates high volume/turnover. Far apart is the opposite.

>The stock trades at 100
This is probably a reference to the last transaction. Assuming a tight spread, the sell shouldn't be far off.

>So like a waiting line?
Exactly.

>a frozen waiting line
Some orders may have been there for hours or days, yes.

>finding a match is an issue
The point is, liquidity means you can buy or sell your position for close to the last transaction price. If volume is low (a lack of liquidity) you will only be able to dump your stock at a steep discount, as there will be too few buyers to come close to it.

Better platforms (which you would probably need to pay for, or at least have a considerable amount on deposit) can give you a much better idea of these factors. That is, you can actually see the order flow, telling you who wants to buy or sell and for how much, as well as the actual transactions happening real time.

Okay kid. I'm going to give you some advice and i'm not repeating myself so you better listen up. You think this is a game? You think you can just throw some money at a stock and become a millionaire? Well wall street is running dry. Real money is being made in cyrpto currency. Buy Trump coin now and in a year you'll be living the big life.

desu senpai
Investopedia will help you with everything.
Also be wary of pump and dumb schemes.
Never go into a stock expecting more than a 10% gain.
You can easily make more than 13% growth but its risky.
The more rewarding a stock can be the more risky it is to play it.
Do not fall into the loop of thinking you know what you are doing just because of a few lucky wins.
Always be calm.
Know when to sell. It is very tempting to sell early when there is a dip and not to sell when their is a jump.

Thanks for all this bruv.

hang on to your cash you poor fucks im taking a mass load of screen shots to teach an entire of fuckwits how to make it.
to prove im not bluffing :pic related

bump for interest

yea still on it. bots havent decided to release their sperm yet

Purchase Argex Titanium. By February, it will double if not triple.

Robinhood

I've been advocating for a sticky on Veeky Forums literally for years, so we can stop having threads like this every day.

First off OP, get ready to read up a bit. Some anons will say you need to read mountains of books before you can start investing, that's not true, but you do need a bit of basic financial knowledge.

When you're starting out I would recommend building a buffert first, this depends on your life situation, but around 6 months of expenses in a savings account is a good start. Yes, it sucks not having that money grow, but it sucks more to need €1500 and have to sell off stuff early, and take an unnecessary increased risk.

When reading about stocks you'll hear about stuff like P/E numbers, RSI14, sharpe quotes, etc. This is all part of picking individual stocks, and as a beginner you really don't want to do that. Reason why is that it generally requires a lot of knowledge to be successful at it, and this is where the previous recommendation of "mountains of books" is actually valid.

Instead you want to read up on the basics. Investopedia is great for this.

Assuming you've done that, these are my recommendations for your first investments. Since you're in Belgium I'm going to assume you use the Euro. You want to invest in a low-cost index fund, one that follows either Europe as a whole, or Belgium specifically, whoever has the stronger market historically. You generally don't want to invest in both a Europe index fund AND a Belgian one since the two markets are so intertwined, so you're taking a "hidden" risk by doing so.

I generally advise against investing outside of Europe in any large extent if you're European. This is because of currency fluctuations adding more risk. For example, I'm Swedish, and I currently hold about 10% of my portfolio in the US, and 90% in Sweden. The reason I don't also hold anything in the rest of Europe has to do with the interconnectivity I mentioned above, but also with currency fluctuations, since we don't use the euro.

my guess on time is 4:20 or 7:00

peter lynch. all you need to do is so fckiing baked. as fucking baked as u can. watch his you tube videos. sleep to thing. dream of them. study them for weeks.
detox
repeat the high phase
do the same thing but now warren buffet.
detox
repeat high.
think about the world
get higher
see future
write everything down
detox
get high.
start playing

long term investing ^^

short term trading known as cockroaches are something different

checkmate, dolla bills

if this happens. all i want is 1 million. everything else goes to charity.

wish me luck Veeky Forums

get acorn app for your smartphone if you use credit cards regularly.

small parcel EnergyMightHappen(READ CAPS) asx 100units :MP$: can anyone do me a phone call?

lithium is useless right now

realeased a sell parcel so people can accumulate more

2 of 3 memes missing in these threads somewhere has anyone seen it ?

hurry the fuck up

COUNTDOWN 7

MEME MEME WHEN READY FOR LAST POST

>You generally don't want to invest in both a Europe index fund AND a Belgian one since the two markets are so intertwined, so you're taking a "hidden" risk by doing so.
Is this because whatever hurts one, will most likely hurt the other?

>I generally advise against investing outside of Europe in any large extent if you're European.
But wouldn't investing outside of Europe help mitigate the "intertwinement" risk stated above?

Two quick questions my dudes:

1) I work from home and spend all day on the computer.
Is this an advantage?

2) How important are market opening times? Are you supposed to keep track of when what opens/closes, or is it of secondary importance?

Is "Investopedia" a crutch for noobs that seasoned traders avoid?

Truly, Kek has seen and blessed my endeavors, praise him.

yes and no.
the bots work on a set time and can always be manipulated during their secret accumulation period.
When they come along and see something isnt right it raises flags so the trick is to accumulate slowly on whatever trend the chart is on.

>bots
>secret accumulation period

Are you being obtuse or something?

It's just a good go-to for foundational info. Even seasoned traders will hit it up for shit they know nothing about.
I know plenty about equities and futures, but I'd still go there for the stuff I don't know, plus things I don't even have the basics of, like options and forex.

Guys, if you hit "buy" on a stock, but there aren't enough being sold yet, does the buying price of your "order" remain fixed until enough stock becomes available?

It depends.
If you used a market order, it'll give you however many you requested, regardless of how much it costs you.
If you used a limit, it will only give you as many shares as are available at the price you selected.

>If you used a limit, it will only give you as many shares as are available at the price you selected.
The rest is not placed in some kind of queue?

>The rest
The rest of what?
If you mean the order, yes, it will stay in place until the remainder is filled. But depending on how the price moves, that could be a long time, or never.

>The rest of what?
The shares that aren't available at the price I selected.

You answered it nicely, thanks!

QUESTION

Would you trust an "investment platform" put out by a major bank?

Not sure if you guys can tell anything by looking at the site, but here it is:
bolero.be/nl/

And here it is run through google translate:
translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.bolero.be/nl/&edit-text=

Not sure if this is comparable to anything you would know.

Is it better to find an ETF trading/tracking site for your own region/country?

Or should I just dump 10k Euros into bitcoin?

Where are you from? Tax regulations might fuck you over if you buy foreign fonds. Try to invest in a big Index like the MSCI World.
Also if you really want to invest in Bitcoin, don't put more than 10% of your total savings in it

>Where are you from?
Belgium.

>Also if you really want to invest in Bitcoin, don't put more than 10% of your total savings in it
Alright.
And how long should I hold out for?