Hi, I have a choice between a Lancer 2017 or Impreza 2017, which way do I go?

Hi, I have a choice between a Lancer 2017 or Impreza 2017, which way do I go?

I'd personally get sub. 5 door for impreza. Although I'd end up with wrx or legacy. What's going to be the primary use? Going for mpg?

Short distance use, prefer performance, I'm told that the lancer is old as fuck is that true in the engine department?

Impreza.

To put it in perspective, The Mitsubishi Lancer last had a major redesign in 2008. The Subaru Impreza has had 2 redesigns since then.

desu I haven't paid much attention to mitu since the evo 9. But performance, i'd choose sub. Bit more would be the legacy(depending on your local dealers) or the wrx of course. If you're not set on new, could look for used wrx or evo. Have found a few sti relatively cheap. The older imprezas are good as well. Legacy GT also fun.

After new, just the base model

is the 2l lancer engine worse than the new impreza?

evo desu

>is the 2l lancer engine worse than the new impreza?
considering the design is shared with Hyundai, yes. Hyundai called it the Theta engine. Mitsubishi calls it the 4B1 series. Chrysler calls it the World engine. It's the same 2.0L you'll find in a Dodge Caliber, or a Kia Forte. They're decent when turbocharged, but otherwise forgettable.

The Subaru FB20 engine is a lot better, a lot newer, and a lot more advanced

we're not talking Evo vs STI dirtbag. We're talking base models.

oh in that case whichever is cheaper desu.

You kill yourself

Lancer is probably cheaper since they're worring about going out of business

>Mitsu fanboy because of the evo
>evo is kill
>lancer is kill too
>not really a fan any more because I don't want an SUV or a gutless 'car'

lol

I don't know shit about cars, how is that bad?

Neither. Just get a civic for 3k.

Look at the Car and Driver rating. That's 3 out of 10. That's not even good enough to be average.

so go for the subaru then?

you're probably poor and stupid so go for the lancer

As opposed to getting 3k civics and tricking them out? I'm looking for actual advice here on what is the best car to go for with $25k in cash

Go test drive some and see what you prefer op. Good to get info but, testing for yourself is best. Might be able to get a deal on lancer considering mitsu. Performance wise, sub.

We already said go for the fucking Subaru. Theres a reason that, excluding Tesla, Subaru was the fastest growing brand in America in the last decade.

No one is saying trick it out. Just get a clean stock civic for 2500-3k. Put a couple grand into it over the course of a few years. Meanwhile you put the remaining 20k into an account that earns a couple percent and in 5 years you have an extra $2300

not everyone likes that nigga lifestyle

nigga lifestyle? wtf are you on about m8?

He cant wrench because his boipucci will get sweaty

Well, you wouldn't want a sweaty boipucci would you?