What makes living in (high-in-the-sky) apartments so attractive?

What makes living in (high-in-the-sky) apartments so attractive?

elevators.

before they were invented the first floor above the lobby was considered the most prestigious and expensive.

peasants and servants lived on the uppermost floor.

So its height could mean you're more powerful than someone whom lives below you?

Or was this only before the elevator was invented?

Also if yes, why do many powerful people still occupy luxurious farms et cetera?

>elevators
This and the view. I like to ride them...
Also if yes, why do many powerful people still occupy luxurious farms et cetera?
Not all people want to live in apartments

Upper floor appartments: literally living above others

Mansions, castles etc: literally what kings and the most powerful used to live in

Also what media feeds us, e.g. when a cool guys has a upper floor appartment in a movie.

It's great until you need an ambulance.

Also living in a box is shitty. Detached house ftw

would it be a good Veeky Forums to market parachutes for these kind of apartments? you never know when a skyscraper will be culturally enriched by tolerant friends

The vestigial monkey brain wants to occupy the highest branch in the treetops

Makes us feel safe and i control

its a life rule.. high = power, thats why tall people are gods, and manlets peasants

Well, taking that into consideration - what's this fella's status?

>tfw my dream is to live in Trump World Tower

Soon

Nein!

It's just fuckin cozy as shit, that's what.

I guaruntee you you can get an ambulance quicker on the upper floors of 432 park (Op pic related) than 99.9% of America

Have you ever been in skyscraper apartments in NYC? The elevators are incredibly fast, it never takes more than a minute to go 50+ floors

>Detached house
>Detached
>house

i love when fly overs come up with non issues like this lmao

Well one other thing came to mind whilst enjoying some cigar...

I'm at the very top of this thread.

Hawking is successful because he's the smartest man alive.
If it weren't for his genius he'd be a peasant who died 50 years ago.

I mean is he really?

The cost of it.

>look at me Reddit I spend $11,500 a month in rent for a 900 square foot apartment but look at the viewwww I'm so successful upvote me

Yeah.

No. He's an autistic physicist that sticks his nose in fields he doesn't belong in like religion or politics or economics every other day

Well this () is my point exactly.

Why is he considered 'genius'?

Because the mainstream says he is and if you question it you're a faggot retard that gets downvoted.

Yeah dude let's take your opinion instead loL

Hawking is 100 times the person you will ever be

9/11 must have been one hell of an attractive view if the people posting believe their bullshit

because of his contributions to his field
being a genius doesn't disqualify you from being an ass with no tact or ego