Ford Mustang Scores 2 out of 5 stars in EURO NCAP test

The Ford Mustang has scored two stars in a Euro NCAP crash test, making it the first car from a large manufacturer to receive such a low score since 2008.

youtube.com/watch?v=F0StTHnTKK8

Article : autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/ford-mustang-scores-two-stars-euro-ncap-test-video

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3G_dt-lQVS8
jalopnik.com/the-ford-mustang-scored-a-pathetic-two-stars-in-europea-1791620670#sthash.cb7Q7w99.dpuf
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1lgJ7G2KaY
ancap.com.au/safety-ratings/ford/mustang/c7fccc
wheelsmag.com.au/features/opinion/1701/ancap-might-be-flawed-but-its-also-vital
wheelsmag.com.au/news/1701/Ford-Mustang-V8-scores-poor-2-star-safety-rating
businessinsider.com.au/the-new-ford-mustang-isnt-good-enough-for-the-nsw-police-2016-3
youtu.be/QbVobsLvV7E
youtube.com/watch?v=_A9A7wttUqw
youtube.com/watch?v=LVY4RTBO5as
youtu.be/zaeloWsRe_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>American engineering

Thought crash rating were bullshit and used by insurance companies to jack up the price.

>rear seat safety in a mustang
>complains it lacks automatic braking
oh fuck off

>nobody paid attention to my last thread, so I'll just make another

I'll give you the summary: mustang falls short on safety that no mustang will ever need. Euros care more about back seats and parking sensors than your life.

Are these the most dangerous vehicles on our roads?

LMAOOOOOOOO

>The American muscle car fared badly in frontal offset tests – where the car is impacted 40% off-centre – with its driver and passenger airbags described as “inflating insufficiently to properly restrain occupants”.

>In full-width frontal tests, a crash test dummy in the back slid under its seatbelt, increasing the risk of injuries to the abdomen. NCAP said the car’s belt pre-tensioners and load-limiters didn’t work effectively enough.

yuropoors need to eat more.

ferdshills on suicide watch

>american quality

some things never change

youtube.com/watch?v=3G_dt-lQVS8

This is why you don't buy cars made in murrica.

Just don't crash

Funny, how a lightweight roadster is safer than muh muscle car.

>EURO NCAP
is this just revenge for the US farting up VW's diesel emissions

Lol

>Europeans in charge of vehicle safety

wew

>Ford did not expect Euro NCAP to test the Mustang and chose not to fit safety technology in Europe which is available to its American consumers, and available on several other sports cars for that matter. Such an attitude to safety should trouble Ford’s customers, whether they are buying a high-powered muscle car or a regular family car.

jalopnik.com/the-ford-mustang-scored-a-pathetic-two-stars-in-europea-1791620670#sthash.cb7Q7w99.dpuf

FUCKING KEK

You'll be dead no matter what if Linda slams into you at 60mph with her 5000lb crossover. All this safety bullshit in cars just makes them heavier which makes them more dangerous, which is pretty ironic.

>jalopnik as a source
>insulting NCAP as an inreliable source

i dont buy it, fuck ferd for doing this, no matter how you try to justify it, fuck em.

In Europe we only have shitboxes, we are safe.

The source doesn't matter, the fact is that Ford chose to bring in Europe the same model without some important features that we have even on little econoboxes and that are standard in the US market...why?

The mustang very likely will be bigger than any thing it hits. I think any prospective owner in Europe will be fine.

even though i much more believe NCAPs liability than fords, its shitty that /pol or delusional trump voting americans feel stabbed in their patriosm bone that their favorite car maker fucked up big time. If BMW had pulled something like this on the new M3 there would a whole lot of lawsuits. That being said though, it's a shame that many people wont be buying it now, although it is a good looking car

>70k
>buying american shitty """""sport"""" car

Mustangs don't have any competition in Europe anyway aside the c63 and actual GTs or the m3 if you can tolerate the sound.

That's some poor engineering for such an iconic car.

Seriously, I'd expect that shit from the bottom trim of GM's badge engineered gookboxes, not the motherfucking Turd Rustang. I thought they only pulled that shit in 3rd world emerging markets.

You're getting over 400hp for $40k. Don't be surprised when they skimp out on less important things.

>americans in charge of engineering

Actually the two models you have called cost twice the price of a V8 Mustang, so no...no competition in Europe.

I never liked the S550's.

They're too big. They look too tryhard-euroshit. They hog up the entire fucking lane. They're also slower than their predecessor in a straight line.

The only thing they're good for is decreasing the value on 2011-2014 models (particularly Shelbys, which I dream to one day own)

This. 20 year old Porsche/Mercedes/BMW are better deals than anything that ever came from america. Loaded C63 coupe and M4 are 100 times better so being 3 times as expensive doesn't affect them at all. People are still going to buy them since they are proper cars.

Watch video related from 3:00. Simple city hatchback has no problems entering slight corner at aprox 120 kmh while 'stang fell to pieces
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1lgJ7G2KaY

>Germans in charge of engineering.

>tfw all you want is to buy MUH V8 mustang but you're a poorfag for at least one more year
>these eurocucks destroy them for fun
;_;

>implying vw is not based for providing best power/economy/reliability combo while sacrificing few grams of co2
>you literally get most reliable turbo diesel there is while having at least 20 more mpgs

seriously tho, if you are in market for 2 liter diesel car, chances are you are looking for something that will have good economy. You are litteraly cuck if you get mazda 3 or something like that which will drink like 600hp ferrari compared to you while having same power

its like you want car that would rather fuck you over than corrupted gov

t. fomoco marketing

this score is a payback for VW and FCA

What because they're women?

Do they even make passenger cars in your country anymore?

Jesus fucking Christ, does Ford even know what an inertia reel is?

Ausfag here

>“Fundamentally it also hasn’t performed well structurally. There is serious risk of head, leg and chest injuries for rear passengers. There was also insufficient inflation of both driver and passenger airbags in frontal offset test, which allowed the driver’s head to contact the steering wheel and the passenger’s head to contact the dashboard. The driver’s door opened in the pole test and the whiplash protection for rear-end collisions was only rated as marginal.”
>“This result is simply shocking for such a newly designed and popular model,” Goodwin told Wheels, adding that the Mustang performed “below the expectations of what consumers would expect and, frankly, it’s not as safe as it should be”.

Direct link ancap.com.au/safety-ratings/ford/mustang/c7fccc

wheelsmag.com.au/features/opinion/1701/ancap-might-be-flawed-but-its-also-vital

wheelsmag.com.au/news/1701/Ford-Mustang-V8-scores-poor-2-star-safety-rating

Can confirm.

it was also so unreliable it wouldn't handle simple pursuit duties and failed brake and track tests the gearbox overheated

businessinsider.com.au/the-new-ford-mustang-isnt-good-enough-for-the-nsw-police-2016-3

Holy fuck America what are you doing? My 16 year old shitbomb aussie car is safer

I have to assume there's an error from the nitrogen supplier for the bags or something and an oversight on the inertial tensioner, even my 89 5.0 has tensioners that work (perhaps a little too well) and apart from anything with a Takata it's not like airbag problems are commonplace. Unfortunate for Ford but better to discover it and recall it than let it be.

No its a ford thing my 2001 Falcon (Australian) also had horrible seatbelts, seats, pre-tensioners. but its still safer than the mustang that replaces it

youtu.be/QbVobsLvV7E

well

Mustang truly is shit.

If 2000kg pigboat falcons can deal with the hwp test course why cant fords 'dedicated performance' platform, the mustang?

Hyundai is the best car in the world. Made by South Korea.

the fuck they are lol
>we no unnastan truk

>pedestrian

This shot really gets on my nerves

Toyota and BMW cars built in america are much better, not as good as the ones built in the free world but still much better than domestic brands.

NCAP test most new cars on the market and all that are expecting a major market share. Ford would have known that it was going to be tested so that's total bullshit.

I can assure you with my 10 year 100k mile warranty on the New Genesis G90. Most advanced the car in the universe. Even beats the S-class

Fuck you my C4 is comfy as fuck for an old car

The Mazda 3 puts out about 80% more NOx than the VW golf in real world tests as well, could be worse, look at Ford and GM(Opel)

because its junk.

No, but their drivers are the most dangerous people on our roads.

While many of them are owned by women, it's hilariously not frequently the female owners I see behind the wheel of crashed Mustangs.

>the worst polluting car is a fucking Suzuki.

Holy shit, this is hilarious. A fucking shopping cart.

That's thanks to the 3.2 GM HFV6 in the Vitara.

I don't care, because i'm not stupid enough to have a crash or buy a Mustang.

Crash test ratings in europe and australia are fucking retarded, you can have a ching chong piece of shit with a deforming passenger cell get 3 stars because it has a little ding telling you to put your seatbelt on and automatic braking, meanwhile a full size sedan with a passenger cell that doesn't deform under any test below 100mph can get a 2 star because it's designed to actually stand up to an accident, not slap on cheap computers that won't help a fucking thing when you get HIT.

Fuck right off

If the genesis coupe came with the 5L V8 from the sedan in it, the mustang would be getting BTFO

Source?

Spoon feed me mommy.

Butthurt mustang owner detected

You shouldn't compare NCAP star ratings from different years. Car that got 5stars in 2005 would get 1 star now.

Now I'm even more scared of Mustangs.

>seatbelt tensioners lax as fuck
>seats slack as fuck
>airbag useless and passenger and driver hit dashboard
>chassis made of cheese
lol yeah no wonder a chink copy could actually work

>these eurocucks destroy them for fun

So how do you think american crash tests work then? Just look at the car and think "hmm no need to crash it, that should hold fine".

>So how do you think american crash tests work then? Just look at the car and think "hmm no need to crash it, that should hold fine".
are you telling me that's not how it works?

youtube.com/watch?v=_A9A7wttUqw

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

WHAT A FUCKING CROCK OF SHIT.

So apparently the car scored the same as this one?

If this isn't evidence that these tests are bullshit then I don't know and I don't even like Ford

butthurt ameritard go shart in aisle 3

The wheel intruded into the occupant compartment and the airbag remained hard.

Of course the dummy wouldn't approve of it.

"Analysis of the dummy data showed that the driver's head had 'bottomed out' the airbag i.e. there was insufficient pressure in the airbag to prevent the head from contacting the steering wheel through the deflated airbag material. The head of the passenger dummy also bottomed out the airbag against the dashboard, owing to insufficient inflation of the airbag and inadequate restraint for larger statures by the front passenger seatbelt load-limiter."

"Analysis of the dummy data showed that the driver's head had 'bottomed out' the airbag i.e. there was insufficient pressure in the airbag to prevent the head from contacting the steering wheel through the deflated airbag material. The head of the passenger dummy also bottomed out the airbag against the dashboard, owing to insufficient inflation of the airbag and inadequate restraint for larger statures by the front passenger seatbelt load-limiter."

" The head bottomed out the side curtain airbag, making contact, through the deflated airbag material, with the trim on the C pillar."

Still Ford have considered the normal "coffee and cars" situation:
" Test results were good over almost the entire bonnet surface. Protection of the pelvic region was poor in all areas tested but the bumper provided good protection to pedestrians' legs and scored maximum points in Euro NCAP's tests. "

>They hog up the entire fucking lane
How is this a problem as long as they're within their own lane?

>Tfw no Drag-u-la

Two stars even SsangYong go better than that! What were Ford thinking making something so bad?

Suzuki engines are usually low compression and low power output for their displacement.

Darwinism: The Car

>inflating insufficiently to properly restrain occupants
>airbags are supposed to be rigid
euroshits, everyone

better than a vr commodore at least

>watch some modern cars on the small offset crash tests
>shit reminds me of 90s cars and their performance on a moderate offset
jesus christ imagine crashing a 90s car on a small offset
you'd probably rip a fucking door off

>memepeace

I don't understand how companies like Kia and Hyundai ace every small overlap crash test, yet a company like Ford, which I assume has a bigger budget, still struggles with it, in even the newest models.

youtube.com/watch?v=LVY4RTBO5as

>What do you think?
lol

>Kia and Hyundai ace every small overlap crash test
they copy BMW and Merc

>crashing
>ever
>letting other cars crash into you

Step it up senpai

>Kia and Hyundai ace every small overlap crash test,
By giving a fuck?

TWO STARS

Just human things.

fuck me

thats almost as bad as these

youtu.be/zaeloWsRe_s

>JD meme

Hahahaha oh wait you are serious?

HAHAHA, OH WOW

It if crashed bead on into any shitty yurobox the bumper would have a little tear that's it, stitch it up

Yet only the driver of the eurobox would walk away without serious injury.