youtu.be/K5UBRXOHTuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>brit driving
>brit affording insurance

inb4 fiesta

>Implying there are europeans on Veeky Forums that can afford cars
They're called yuropoors for a reason

Great meme.
Insurance is literally the same or cheaper than the rest of the world unless you're 17/18 with no NCDs and living in a big city

>ameritard stream of verbal diarrhoea

eat a burger fatso

Post your car.

Yes

58 Peugeot 207. Because getting on the housing ladder is more important than razzing around in a hot hatch/ on a sportsbike, unfortunately.

I guess I'll start.

M140i

Pic related.

This

I just borrow my moms Subaru when I'm going to my weekly hormone therapy sessions

Good one. How original.

North East here, own a JCW R53

Lighten up a little

>JCW R53
Any good?

What's the difference between the 135i and the 140i?

MX-5

Citroen 3DS XL with the 1.6 turbo from the Cooper S. It looks like German minimal techno and drives like your girlfriend manages your current account.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun, nice weighty steering, supercharged throttle response, exhaust pops and burbles etc.
Not much gets away from me on a country road.
Can hold my own against most things on the faster roads, but an Audi RS6 obliterated me the other day

They look pretty much identical. Engine's more powerful in the 140i, and there's some shitty eco mode which helps make road tax as cheap as a 118d.

135i specs:
>320 BHP, 0 - 60 in 5.1 seconds

140i
>340 BHP, 0.60 - 4.6 seconds

2003 Civic. Can't decide if I should but a newer car or a house.

REQUESTING THE AMERICAN Veeky Forums COLLAGE AND THE YUROPOOR Veeky Forums COLLAGE

This thread needs saving by the Micra Enthusiasts Society of the UK

i mean Brit/o/

That one guy's red K11 is waxxa

Depends on the Civic, I suppose.

A remapped BMW 123d coupe . The map gives it enough power to be interesting, and it still gives me decent mpgs. 265hp and 45mpg, can't complain.

Not quite. The manual M135i is 5.1s but the auto is 4.8s. I put semi slicks on mine and get to 60 fucking sharpish. Havent timed it but compared to the standard super sports it is very noticeable. Will go to pod in the summer and get a 1/4 time, plus a stopwatched 0-60.

Plus its 316 bhp 135i pre-LCI, 322 bhp 135i LCI to 335bhp 140i. 19bhp improvement then 12 bhp improvement.

>filthy causal

Pic is me.

*Crickets*

Surprised more people dont go for classic car insurance, you can get pretty cheap prices even for first cars.

Reppin' Surrey. I don't have any better pictures :^(

I do like the blue. I opted for the Melbourne Red with mine.

>semi slicks

Do you get much traction with them?

My mk5 Golf GTI Edition 30

Nice

whats this like to drive?

i heard that golfs were really boring

It's a hot hatch for grown ups. Not as mad as a Type R or Renaultsport, but more comfy for everyday driving. Still handles well and the suspension is well set up for our roads giving a great balance without shattering your bones.

The engine has lots of room for improvement with a remap. Stage 1 takes it from 230bhp/221 ftlbs to 300/300.

The Golf is the best all rounder which I suppose leaves it open to being criticised as boring.

Red is fire senpai.

And fucking heaps of grip in the dry, arse clenching in the wet. Going to go wider rims all round and get some r888's. but bought some federal 595 on the stock rims and it fucking flies.

>opted

Mate i bought 2 years old with 15k on the clock cause i am poorfag 22y/o. Bet you specced yours to the nuts too since you got to choose

Muh 5th gen 3SGE Celica. I posted it before.

Love the interior.

Does anyone else get kind of depressed when they think about the fact the British motor industry is in it's death throes

>Mini
German
>Jaguar
Indian
>Land Rover
Indian
>Vauxhall
American
>Bentley
German
>Rolls Royce
German

It's fucking embarrassing. The only big one we have left is McLaren.

But in answer to your question, I drive my mums Land Rover Freelander TD4

Maaaaaaaaaaaark
Twooooooooo

Here's a slightly cleaner pic.

Those tyres sound like a decent investment.

How much does it cost to insure? At 22, I was driving a 1.2 Cosra. You're doing well.

They're still designed and engineered by Brits.

Also, Aston Martin.

Very tidy.

Thanks.
Jap plastics seem to stand the test of time v. well

>driving your car on a BEACH
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING THAT SHIT WILL BE RUSTED TO FUCK NOW

>JCW R53
Is it orange and black?

That looks mint sparkly clean.

Insurance is 1150 per year. With 4 years no claims through admiral which isnt too bad tbf. I sell used cars and saw this on the forecourt for 20k, couldnt help myself.

The tyres are cheap as fuck too. 110 per corner delivered and fitted at a tyre place for 50 quid. Bargain

.5 liters

Nah mate, it's a Checkmate with the stickers removed, so dark blue and silver

You drive a Nintendo handheld?

Apart from JLR they're mostly designed and engineered by Germans.

Morning bomp

LCI 535D.

24 and insurance is reasonable at £1100 a year with mods declared. Desperately in need of a clean in this picture.

is a facelift tho, ugliest k11
k10 best micra

Man that's clean, even factory stereo.

Main cars are
BRZ
Phaeton W12.

That sky

You would almost think it's mid winter in the northern hemisphere.

There's plenty of Brits on Veeky Forums. There's a meet happening sometime this year lad(s)

'06 VW Fox 1.4L
Only got my license two weeks ago, so its fun enough for me

Its easy to drive and its the only insurance group 3 car with a 1.4L engine. And has comfy seats
One day I'll get a miata~

look at pre '96 mx5s on classic policies, you'll be surprised how cheap they are. I was quoted around £800 a year for one as my first car at 20

He won't get a classic policy from most places until he has a few years experience, most policies also require the car to be a second car.

most yes but there are still some that do. I have my car on a classic policy through Hastings as my only car, no experience

Brits what can you tell me about the xtype 3.0
My brain says no but my heart says yes, 5k for one with 110.000 km, seems like a good deal.

Where I'm currently living is kind of rough though so my insurance will be high no matter what
>tfw same quotes but with my moms address on the other side of town would have been 300 quid cheaper

>Hastings
Good luck

i got a 97 1.8is on normal insurance with 2 claims @20 with no ncb only £700.
its all about where you live.
>implying the sky in high summer looks any diferent

first of all how daer you

The SuperTurbo is so cute though

thats why its best m8
no joke but the 1.0l (base model) goes off the clock 3 up down the a1, had bmws and audis pulling over to let me pass

Starlets are better.

You know how I know you're gay?

This is my daily. Also 5 (F I V E) days left to buy tickets for Ultimate Street Car, Brit/o/s biggest 2017 meet, before the price goes up.
ultimatestreetcar.co.uk

Go for it. Engines are fine, gearboxes are fine, some ICE or comfort electrics will be unreliable.

What a cute car!

Only a real man would drive a car like that everyday

Also you can get AWD ones with FSH for around a thousand pounds, don't pay 5k.

I don't think he's a brit....

Two meets so far m8. Shakespeare County Raceway in April and Ultimate Street Car in August. We will probably have a few road rally type meets too, our first meet last year was a group drive of the Midlands Tick, we also had a few mini meets and a larger one late in the year at Shakespeare County Raceway, campsite pictured.

Post an email address if you want to join our Slack channel and get the latest info on meets/official traps.

[Dolomite roars in anger at being called cute]

>MFW I didn't turn up to the meet last year

How many people actually went?

>tfw wanted to go but the electrics failed catastrophically on my Alfa

yeah, london here, m3

what part of surrey?
all above are certified noice

Which one, Tickmeet? Quite a few. Micra, Starlet, Starlet, GPX600R, Micra, MR2, Punto, some sort of weird BMW 1 series, I think a Clio? Sorry to anyone I missed out. There is a panoramic picture of all the cars and all the guys but I can't find it right now.

Danny IS a grill. Sam IS NOT a grill.

>grey sky
>1.0 cuckboxes
>Council housing
>Aldi

At least we have nice trees, r.r.right guys?

You can just about see mai baiku. Got sold for £100 in the end.

I only see one 1.0 car there.

Butte

Is there a plan to do a driving meet again or just events?

honda civic 2.2cdti 140bhp.

bmw 330e 250bhp.

my two DDs.. i prefer the civic, fun fun fun although its a type s so the suspension is noteworthy and the turbo is beautiful.

the bmw is effortless as long as it has electrical charge although put it into sports mode and it builds charge really fast.. burn fuel to save fuel.. counter intuative but works great irl.

the civic is on a 30mph limit at the moment due to black box insurance.

...save your pennies..

learn to drive proper.

>black box insurance

youtu.be/K5UBRXOHTuM

That's such an accurate depiction of "car culture" here

Fuck that's Martin Freeman, I completely forgot he was in that movie!

uk starlets are shit, if we're talking imports supposedly somone stuff an rb26 into a k11

I wouldn't say so really

You clearly don't live in the North East then.
It's still very "Max Power" here

i'm in the midlands, I never see anything like it here.

aw!.. he memberz..

preformed my first rwd drift on a roundabout yesterday.

really frightening, didnt realise the whole things goes so light and without feel.

and then the body roll snaps back like on the videos.. and its very over pronounced.

sht meself nearly and was only going 10mph.. probably.

I really want to buy a micra and make a WAtracer out of it

There's one near me for £199 with MOT right now
Do I do it?