Last week I ordered a set Michelin Pilot Super Sports...

Last week I ordered a set Michelin Pilot Super Sports, after learning that the new PS4S won't be available in the size I need.

>order at the local tire store instead of the internet
>pay 15 bucks more per tire to have a real person to deal with
>pick tires up yesterday without paying much attention
>unpack them today and see pic related
>check bill
>it says Pilot Sport 4
>check order I placed
>it says Pilot Super Sport
>call the place to tell them they didn't sell me what I ordered
>they offer me to pay 30 bucks more and get the PS4s replaced with PSSs for free

Anyone else got scammed by the stealership recently?

do some hecktick skidz and get them replaced bro

Whats so special about the supercucks?

>scammed
sounds like you got a sweet deal you faggot

you'd still have paid for the "super" sport

no i haven't noticed a scam. unless you count seeing Moog as "made in china" and everyone says they're the best aftermarket. what is that about

>>they offer me to pay 30 bucks more and get the PS4s replaced with PSSs for free

>pay 30 bucks
>replaced for free

???????

I'd pay another premium to buy the tires I ordered, but they'd mount them for free.

I paid 135 bucks for a 120 bucks tire but only got the 105 bucks tire. How the FUCK is that a sweet deal?

>30 bucks more
>replace for free

Is ps4s the replacement for pss now?

Exactly, but only for 20" and 19", I have a friend in Michelin's marketing department and he said 18" should arrive this summer, but he wouldn't hold his breath on 17" arriving this year. After the PSS is discontinued you'll have to get the inferior PS4 if the PS4S isn't available in your required size.

I think he means they wouldn't charge him for another mount and balance.

Exactly, which is kind of insulting.

I would go back there and bitch in person with a copy of the order and a copy of the bill and yell until they do the right thing.
It's their fault and therefor their loss. Hopefully you paid by credit card because if they don't do shit you can call up the credit card company and they will deal with it. They can actually threaten to retract the payment if the store doesn't do what they should do.
Honestly one of the best reasons to use a credit card is for the purchase protection. PayPal is even better with online purchases. They take no shit.

Pretty much the best tire without going to racing compounds.

Makes poorfags like you mad

I wouldn't say they are the best tire out there. There are tires that have far better dry, wet or wear performance but mpss have the best all around performance in all 3 categories. I have mpss on my current car and they have much better wet/cold performance then the eagle f1s I had. They also have better wear and dry performance then the m/t streets I use to run.

>Anyone else got scammed by the stealership recently?

You MUST be careful about the sources of tires from independent shops. China makes a lot of counterfeit brand name tires including Michelin Pilots. The TPP was supposed to deal with things like that, but Trump doesn't like TPP as it also has a lot of globalization requirements. That means if USA workers cannot compete on low labor costs, then they are priced out of the marketplace.

>Whats so special about the supercucks?
Have you ever had a laser tight turn around a street corner at 20MPH that threw your passengers to the edge of their seats? While 20MPH doesn't sound impressive, it will turn a right angle street corner and not slide around. That creates a shoving effect due to inertia that is hugely felt by your hopefully appreciative passengers. The ability to instantly take a turn so sharp that it shoves your passengers against the door or tight against each other makes its own impression.

But as others have said. It is a tire not for poor people.

>It's their fault and therefor their loss.
Technically, I was handed the bill before I paid, I should've looked at it and looked at the tires before handing over the cash, but I didn't. Actually, I didn't see or touch the bill before I got home. I went there with a friend, walked in, said "I'm here for the pilot super sports" and went to put them in the back of my car while my friend paid. He didn't even know what I had ordered or that there's a different between Pilot Sport 4 and Pilot Super Sport, can't blame him.

But yeah, I got what I paid for, my fault. I still bitched though, gonna see where it gets me tomorrow morning.

I'm not American.

I'm more or less buying these tires to take a sharp right turn with a girl in the passenger seat. I'll report back tell you how it went as soon as it gets warm enough for these tires.

The counterfeits probably go to central and south america too. China made that batch of counterfeit proctor & gamble brands of toothpaste that got caught at the docks. It somehow didn't get impounded. The chinese then sent to the next port of call in central america where it was successfully offloaded.

boohooo we have to pay like $200-300 a TYRE here in australia so stop whinging faggot

Complain and they'll eat the difference or give you a full refund. Ez case to win in small claims if it comes to that.

>spend $1500 on tires
>they're bald 5 months later

Why even buy expensive tires? Even on my Vette I stick to $120/tire because all the tires just get fucked anyway.

Doesn't matter because you still put in an order and they made the mistake. Your credit card will probably side with you. Plus you haven't driven on them right? So they're still "new"

Where you getting$120 tires for your Vette?

>get the worse tire than what you paid for
>whinging
Stay classy Australia.

They redeemed themselves, pic related. Didn't pay extra.

>spend $1500 on tires
>they're bald 5 months later
Actually, under 550$, including mounting, balancing and disposing of the old tires. Speaking of the old tires, they lasted 22,000 miles and had a 20% worse treadwear rating than the PSS. Actually they were still good for another couple thousand miles, but they were kinda dodgy in heavy rain and they were off the car for the winter anyway.