2017th year of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

>2017th year of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ
>people still unironically drive OVER the speed LIMIT

Why is this allowed?

Burn in hell, weeb.

Because legally I'm allowed to go 5 over the speed limit.

5 over is safer than 10 under.

go away bus rider.

>not going double the speed limit

>getting ir8 over b8

The problem in my area is they let the drivers drive like loons, very recklessly. The speed is less of a concern as it is the lane diving, aggressive tailgating, cutting off and other dangerous maneuvers.

I think the speed concerns me less than the all around wreckless driving going on. This gets worse with the drivers fucking around with their phones.

My car would need to drive about 290km/h faster to even drive the speed limit where I live.
I usually drive like 300-370km/h under the speed limit.

>what is the 85th percentile rule and why are speedlimits set by it

>weeaboo faggot still thinks a "ghost" in the sky exists

Please end yourself.

I got up to 130mph yesterday.
feelsgoodman

>do triple the speed limit every morning

>mfw I drove 155mph last week

>tripple the speed limit

Where I live that would be supersonic where I live.

*it would be supersonic where I live.

best i've done was a vacation to Sicily once. On Mt.Etna they have some winding roads with a 20 kmh speed limit. i went downhill and managed to do 100 in a rented fiat van before stepping on the brakes.

kinda proud of that

pic related, looked like this one

The law should change to suit the individual, not the other way around.

t. doing 30 in a 10 zone

U mad?

>Why is this allowed?
It isn't you fucking retard. It's called speeding; you would know if you had a car. I know busses can't get over the speed limit...

It literally isn't allowed.

Because all the speed cams here are set up 10kph more than the actual limit.
If you don't go slightly faster be prepared for all those tailgaters

I'm all the with ya, but busses can easily break most speed limits.

I just let Jesus take the wheel.

>driving 10 MPH over the posted speed limit in the left lane
>car going 15+ MPH over the speed limit starts riding my ass
>move over to the right lane
>car that was riding my ass slows down to my speed, claiming the left lane for himself

Then why doesn't the sign say the speed limit is 5 higher than it actually is?

>40km/h limit on touge
>do 120

Because my gear ratio is too low and 5th gear blows unless I'm going 65+

>50kph on touge
>can't go faster than 150 because car won't accelarate

because where I live in hawaii the max speed limit is 55 and fuck that

>go to work in the mornings
>speed limit is 50MPH
>everyone goes at least 75
>follwing distance >1 second

It's like the Daytona 500 every morning and I love it, even get decent MPGs from all the drafting.

What bike are you driving that went 155?

>allowed to go ... over
>speed LIMIT
wtf

>not going fast enough to instantly lose your license and go to prison for dangerous driving
Go back to /n/, you're not welcome here.

It wasn´t a bike, it was a Audi TT 1.8 TFSI.

I'm headed back to the same spot next week, going for 160.

What are you talking about?
I was the guy with the TT, and 160 are impossible with it.

I've done that a few times, laws are a bit ridiculous with this. If I'm doing 140 on an empty highway in perfect weather and I can see a mile down the road, if I fuck up that's solely on me but regardless, I lose my license and go to prison.

Meanwhile tailgaters, retards weaving through traffic at 20 over the limit nearly causing accidents constantly, idiots texting and so on isn't treated nearly as badly.

I'd sincerely argue certain tickets should factor in how nearby other cars were, visibility and so on.

Because people who designed speed limit drive toyota yaris.

I coast 10 over because I've found I can can get away with it and cops really don't care unless your blasting through traffic, at least where's at. Might help that I'm white and my car isnt fancy but I'll take what I can get.

I agree but if you got pulled over you technically weren't "alone". Hard speed limit laws came about in the time when going too fast was pretty much the only danger a car can present. Now there's all these new things and the laws have not adjusted. Americans are too comfortable in their mini safe spaces and get mad when others want to go around them.

it's pretty hard to be put in prison here in the UK just for speeding

you'd need to be going 120% over the speed limit on a road that has a nursery on one side and a monastery on the other side whilst you're on your phone and doing your make-up to even have prison mentioned as a remote possibility

>tfw can't go over 80 without the car making a weird rattling sound

"[Speed limits are still low] because someone might still have a Ford Anglia [that uses milk bottle tops as brakes and needs to be limited to a certain speed in order to have a remote chance of stopping in an emergency situation]"

I live in an area where people do anywhere from 15 to 20 over on the parkways and it's all but expected of you if you don't want to impede traffic flow.

Local roads? 10 over.

I live in the English countryside with great biking roads with about one cop, and like 3 speed cameras in the town center. I do 20 over everywhere outside of towns and usually go over 100 every time I go out.

>Speed limits are still low
>463km/h

In wich world is 463km/h considered "low"?

All my speeding is ironic. I mean, what am I? A criminal? Yeah right, only a criminal would be dumb enough to actually speed. I'm just making fun of them.

>highways are two-lane
>still technically not able to "drive" on the left lane(even at night), because it's "just for passing". yet, you're required to pay 20$ for 70miles

>160 are impossible with it
Except I don't drive a TT, you do.
What the hell are you talking about?

It's 100mph in a 30mph
(160kmh in a 50 for yuropoors)

Where I live we only have the airspace golf speed limit, wich is 250 knots or 463km/h.
No street legal car can actualy exceed it on the actual road anyway due to corners.

Speed limits are set artificially low at the behest of environmentalists and insurance companies. Even the cops knows this.

>Waaaah, more speed = more damage = bigger claims! Less speed NOW! We no likey spend money! Waaaah!
>Waaaah, faster cars = more carbon dioxide! Muh polar bears are a worldwide treasure! Slow the cars down, replace them with bicycles, waaaaaah!

Wrong. Speeds limits are low for cash generation.

>The lower the speed limit, the more likely it is people are going to break it. The more the limit is broken, the more fines we can collect to line our pockets.

That's only for smalltown and noindustrburg, USA

Civilized areas try to raise speed limits but get constantly pestered by the IIHS, "common sense" safety groups (aka we don't listen to scientists but we are women and complain a lot so there groups), and people who dislike the consumption of fossil fuels.