Why on God's green Earth do dipshits insist on modding appliance-tier cars?

Why on God's green Earth do dipshits insist on modding appliance-tier cars?

>aftermarket headlights
>racing stripes
>plastidip the world

Pic related, the mongoloid that made me question my sanity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AOspDFhTxsQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Then there's the dweebs in the comments asking if he's done any engine mods.

>modding a Fuckus that doesn't even have a turbo
>mfw

Why on God's green Earth do dipshits insist on modding -any- car?

It's very simple. You buy the car. You drive the car. You park the car. You move on with your day.

my car exhaust can sound cool, for $0.00

youtube.com/watch?v=AOspDFhTxsQ

AYY

>Why on God's green Earth do dipshits insist on modding -any- car?

That's fair, I guess I'll just never understand the point of modding a car like that. Whatever floats their boat.

idk how this effects you? Just feel superior and move on.
>this is now a rice thread

Rice or tasteless mods?

>there's barely any difference

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seriously though it's not that I don't like it, I just find it a little perplexing. It's just made worse by the fact that a lot of meh-tier Focus owners seem to think that they basically have an ST, so they put catbacks and cold-air intakes on their shitboxes.

Kind of like 2.5i Subaru owners. Honestly its usually kids under the age of 25 that don't know any better. Eventually they all get a little older and realize how embarrassing it is to plasti-dip their stock wheels neon orange.

Depends on the car. If it's anything rotary there's a list of mods that it's smarter to do than not, over the long term.

>Why on God's green Earth do dipshits insist on modding -any- car?

Adding mods such as mud flaps is useful not just in protecting the car. It also reduces the amount of debris and spray that other cars get on the freeway.

Why do non-royalty people insist on modding their bodies? Adding accessories or fancy clothing is useless for such low-quality people. It should be simple. They live. They work. They eat. They move on with their day.

Left is fucking nice as hell. I'd drive the shit out of that.

>You have to be rich to enjoy this specific hobby

Il mod my $5k Celica if I want to faggot.

>It's very simple. You buy the car. You drive the car. You park the car.
>you kill yourself
>you move on with your day.

a Cosworth-swapped base model focus could beat an ST all day

but most people probably aren't skilled/knowledgeable enough to do that to a base model focus

>see modded out WRX outside an autozone while getting pizza
>see owner hop in
>tall ass goth woman covered in the usual fare of tats, gauges, and colorful hair
>"n-nice boxer"
>"what?"
>"nice car"
>"oh thanks"
>she pulls out and I can hear the anti-lag system as she pulls out
>I pick up my spaghetti and pizza then leave

colin go away

That's the essence of hot rodding.

If you don't get it, you never will.

Taking a common ordinary car, something you bought and worked on and made it yours, even if it's a tenth faster 0-60, it's still faster than stock

You don't have to like it, because they don't give a fuck if you do or not.

I know it could, but maybe it's because I own a Focus and lurk on forums and leddit, but these guys are doing pic related, asking shit like "how go faster?", and then giving each other self-congratulatory blowies.

I'd hardly call Autozoning a car "hot rodding". Actually making a car faster yes, ricing your Focus SE into a Ken Block XDD rally car, no.

But I digress. I guess I'll just never get it. I just saw a ton of this shit today and felt like I was in the Twilight Zone or something.

bonus pic I found

>plastidipped hubcaps
>cold air intake

Swears it made his car faster though.

>If you don't get it, you never will.

The Fuckus is lit

Looks better than my focus.