Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Obligatory Edition Edition

>What's new?
- Indev soon
- Valeera confirmed.
twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/819604892666892289 (embed)
- Zul'jin (the Warcraft version, not the WoW version) live right now.
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/zuljin/

youtu.be/XUhMCNzcUb0
youtu.be/sYIpkktbm68

>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Where do I find you SOPPING DOE ______ loving faggots?
/join Veeky Forums

>Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20432204/weekly-sale-jan-10-17-2017-1-10-2017
>Current weekly brawl:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20477656/heroes-brawl-of-the-week-jan-13-2017-punisher-arena-1-12-2017
>Latest patch notes:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20407399/12-20-2016

>Hero rankings, various statistics, talent calculator:
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

>For new players:
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE

>Tips and other useful resources:
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki

Previously on /hotsg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fucked up previous thread link
Previous:

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

Describe your favorite hero with an image that isn't that hero

>Free weekend for all the rosters
>Play Tracer for the first time
>First lvl 10 and bought her instantly/ working on her master skin
Thanks blizzard

I main Jaina and you can't stop me

How do I play jania she's my worst character

Arthas

Tyrande.

Chromie.

Harriot.

Alarak? TLV?

>frostbitten at 7
>ring at 10
>wait for people to stack up
>hit all your buttons

this

thick fag pls go

Nerazim Samuro when??

Time-Dragon Tracer when

>Nerazim
literally who

So how do they make Sonya good? Lifesteal on all abilties? More damage? More cc? Lower cd on spear? More hp?

remade her model and improve her boobs&booty

Dark Templar Samuro

Nathrezim Samuro when

>Dark Templar
>not Taldarim
pleb

>Zul'jin
>pick AA talents
>lose
>pick twin axe+guillotine
>win

Makes me think

>unironically liking the Tal'darim and not the OG edgy faction in the Nerazim

Dark Templar makes more sense, due to the fact that they utilize stealth similarly

This has been my experience as well. Then the second there's more than a single stun or blind on the enemy team, I just lose, as there's nothing I can do. I play safe, team just fucking dies around me. I be aggressive, I'm the first to die because lolnomobilityorselfdefense. Like Gul'dan has his Life Leech, and that helps give him all the survivability he needs in the event he needs some. Zul'jin has to sit there and channel his but can't take damage, and because so many heroes in this game now have mobility and shit now, when you engage into something as Zul'jin, you're engaged until the end the majority of the time.

based Alarak > tidings of DOOOOOOOOM James Raynor

You know who'd be a good hero to put armor on? Sonya. Theoretically, even if they nerfed her hp pool a little, it wont matter, since she can just lifesteal it back.

I can see them adding an armor component to Fury if nothing else.

What if she got 5 armor every 25 fury or something

>Entire team gets on the MVP screen
>You dont

commit the sudoku

le superior life form man was a funnier meme when Artanis sucked

>All these flavor of the month dick riders all of sudden caring about my boy Arty.

At least I still have Gul'dan, Medivh and Monk.

>alien dick is only mine dickkkk
fag, please

No, it's the fact that no one gave a shit about him the entire year that he was garbage, they see streamers do some meme swaps and all of a sudden he's in every game and I have to sit through Artanis's not taking blind or never just swapping characters and only going for the combo for some stupid reason.

Or they swap a tank into us and he gets absolutely destroyed for doing it while he was off by himself.

no one gave a shit about him because he was shit
>le wait till lvl 20 guise
kek

Listen it's more about how people are playing him now and it's fucking frustrating. It's like whenever Varian is free and a new train of idiots who take Fury show up.

i actually fucked her on 2016's con. nice ass, but she's kinda bitchy

Sonya actually isnt all that terrible, just has some pretty glaring weaknesses, namely her lack of escape. She's kinda like a slightly beefier, more easily hit Illidan with great sustained damage from her W. Her E is pretty garbage though.

No way! ME TOO!

I want Sonya to pound my boypussy.

Convince me not to buy this nonsense.

lmao stop being poor dude

She does have an allure to her
>Ive had my fill of you

But it is twenty bucks for two heroes who I hardly ever play (Khar I don't even own), with super minimal effects.

Ugh. I wonder if I can knock a few dollars off by spending gold on Khar.

They look really sick though.

>Sonya anywhere near as good as Illidan.

That a joke? Sonya is fucking trash. Her Q is a shittier version of Varian's charge, her whirlwind is nonexistent and they are too afraid to buff her because of Wrath of the Berserker.

>Ugh. I wonder if I can knock a few dollars off by spending gold on Khar.
You can.

hey kid. i used to be in your position. i probably spent over 1000 dollars on league of legends. now im older and wiser. i haven't spent a single penny on hots. don't do it bro. blizzard doesn't deserve a penny of your money.

You should totally buy Sim Sim Karazhim

>everyone didn't care when he was just a big bully
>everyone now cares when they get to make da xsickxassxalienxplaysx for the "im such a good player" feeling

The amount of Artanis' that get cocky and hearthstep after they perform a successful chargeflip is fucking disgusting. Everyone thinks they're hot shit and an ARTANIS GODDDD BRRROOO since this buff. Bandwagoning cocksuckers.

>twenty dollars for skins on heroes you don't play

why are you even considering it then

this desu

when I went to try out league my friend told me that he had spent nearly $2000 on skins and to avoid getting hooked

They should include a stimpack with every purchase over $20. Then I'd be more inclined to buy shit

>they don't mind game you with proprietary currency like rito
>they also charge more wtf

idk hots skins

i hope the new "Loot" system offers a way of getting them slowly without $

>Shittier charge
In most situations, its nearly the same if not better. You can get twice the range on it and go over walls without retarded collision interactions. Its only really worse if you have to get directly to the backline through enemies, which Varian cant do anyways because charge's range is too short. All of this assuming you can consistently land the Q.
You can land the Q consistently, cant you, user?
Whirlwind needs to just become good at sustaining her, because its damage is garbage anyways and only becomes slightly decent with Wrath of the Berserker.

One of my absolute favorite heroes is Rexxar, has been since his release. For a few weeks there after he got buffs, a fuckton of people were playing him.

Bandwagoning is disgusting regardless of the reasoning.

Fill me more Sonya.

Varian actually has sustain and can survive when he charges in. Sonya you slam once, whirlwind and slowly die.

Sonya as she is should straight up be taken out of the game. Anything she is good at is done better by someone else in every section of the game. Sonya was one of my first level 10 characters but the fact she only has 2 abilities and her talents are ass cripple her. Wrath isn't good enough to carry her through how shit she is.

>varian is a hard counter to tracer because of his charge
>sonya is not

really makes me think

Fuck. I do want him. Is Kharazim even good right now? I know he's not super meta, but his kit is pretty fucking fun and I love the allies shit they did with him.

I wonder if I count up the sheer number of dollars I've stupidly poured into this game vs. the sheer number of hours I've poured into this game if the ratio is remotely sensible.

Eh, I think shes salvageable. She just needs sustain outside of Whirlwind because its garbage and is also really easily interrupted.

Yeah she's salvageable but they are afraid to buff her because of Wrath.

Ferocious Healing and War Paint was good enough for a while.

Sonya was also my first level ten. She was so fun. It is sad how much she's outclassed. And how bad I've gotten at hitting good spears.

Though I did have a great game today when I escaped just with two spears and some lucky ferocious healings.

What if we removed Whirlwind and replaced it with something good

Depends on what it is. Rend could be cool.

The problem with that is that Whirlwind is the iconic barbarian skill.

They either need to make it do more damage, or buff the healing of it like crazy cause right now it's up there with the most worthless moves in the game.

healing against heroes nerfed to 25% but healing against minions increased to 150%

>tfw to smart to play any heroes besides medivh, lost vikings, and abathur

I hope if we ever get the male Barbarian, he'll represent the Shout Barbs.

On the male Barb, I'd want shouts, Bash, Hammer of the Ancients and Cleave. Maybe Call of the Ancients as an ult.

>diablocucks so desperate for representation they want the same hero twice

makin me laff out lol

this except abathur is too dumb for me

>warcraft hero comes out
>it's a well-liked hero because it either represents a wow class spec or is a well-known character
>starcraft hero comes out
>kinda meh because the lore isn't that interesting but still cool because warcraft in space is cool
>diablo hero comes out
>nobody gives a shit because it's either a literal who and/or plays like shit

lmao diablocucks

Buff whirlwind damage, make it deal extra to minions
Increase passive movespeed, 10% isnt enough to keep up with anyone or enough to offset slows
Give her armor BEFORE lvl 20, or buff her hp. Her health pool isnt awful but god damn you die so quickly every single time.

that was a meme

for a serious answer, I like the idea that other guy said about her passively gaining armor as she gains fury. 1 fury = 1 armor until she hits the passive cap at 75

>all these shitters thinking ww is the problem

They purposefully made her have hardly any mitigation because shes supposed to sustain herself in combat
Shes garbage at that

what does it mean?

i smell qm

Demon Auriel has HUGE knockers.

>get a premade group of frogs
>1 of them refuses to group despite his friends spamming ping on him and speaking in their froggy tongue
>we lose

Why Jaina is so CUTE? Shouldn't we have ugly women in current year?

>Tell him to actually stick with the team and stop getting caught and doing stupid shit
>Proceeds to tell you "Calm down dude its just a game lol have fun" in French.

There's no room for error with Zul, and that's why he isn't going to be seen in tournaments and shit.

>tfw hyped for valeera
>tfw still no video

>arkanis can now do his mobility spell thingy and swap places

uhh op?

S U P E R I O R L I F E F O R M

>abthur on my team
>lose

wow what a weird phenomena this is...

yep jump on the bandwagon and think you're some amazing player, everyone else is doing just that

>play Abathur
>team mates act like retards and then blame me for not saving them

>li li afk soaks top lane while people contest gold chests
>"omg you all are so fucking bad i have most exp"

>two artanis every single qm game
>20 games in a row

>daily threads on reddit for months talking about buffing artanis and making him meta

why does anybody want to see this thing in every game

Honestly, I'm all for buffing heroes, but they should not have added a mechanic to Artanis at all. That's too drastic of a change, and his playstyle changed immensely because of it. Same shit they pulled with Nova where they started trying to push an all Snipe build where you can't use Snipe on anything but heroes or else you lose stacks. I don't get what's with them and forcing a particular playstyle on heroes when that wasn't how they played to begin with.

Same with Nazeebo and his spiders, they made him so much more spider-centric with his rework, whereas before his effectiveness felt more spread out amongst all three of his abilities.

>2 games with abathur on my team in a row
>two lsoses in a row
>third starts
>abathur on this team as well

oh dear god what did i do to deserve this