/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Fishermen Edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

>Previous Thread:

What sorcerer spells should I NOT make High? Especially on my pawn?

Running Seism, Bolide, Gicel, Fulmination currently.
muh cast time

all of them might as well be high desu

Selene is CUTE!

TODAY I WOKE AND LOOKED OUTSIDE AGAIN BUT THE SKY LOOKED THE SAME TO ME

give me five reasons why arisens shouldn't marry pawns
world corruption can't be one of these sorry

>Especially on my pawn?
For your Arisen it doesn't matter. You can just stop casting before you get to the next level.

At the end of the adventure you'd just be marrying yourself.

Your pawns end up looking like you more and more as time goes on, it would be a case of "Now neither of us will be virgins!"

This feeds too much into a transformation fetish, that shit's degenerate.

It's all about preference but comestion and gicel are the main ones that I leave regular. Regular bolide doesn't have enough meteors to reliably hit anything, and regular fulmination is too small. Seism I'm still unsure about. Everything else I upgrade to high.

Rheya is a pawn. Shes level 35 sorcerer and she tries her best. Pls no bully

No brine throwing either .

Asked this at the end of the last thread. but if i delevel my pawn with the hook does it take away all stat gains or just the levels face value.

face as is you had leveled all levels as such. Tweak other stats very carefully. (i.e putting +200 magic on a sorc above what they already have will invalidate and render your pawn un-summonable.)

If you use the respec button it will give you accurate stats.

Pawns don't have emotions.
They turn into you.
You're marrying yourself
You'll be fucking yourself
And soon you'll get cucked.. by yourself.

ok so if i lower my pawn down to 199 then hit the respec button it will give her accurate stats?

just making sure I understand this.

ELVES

yes
click the respec button sliders pop out.
mess around with the sliders to get the level you want

e l v e s

I'm fighting harpys and i grab onto their feet but all they do is fly up and drop me. Why can't I attack them to stop them from ascending?

Im in post game. Apparently the cyclops in Frontier Caverns will not appear. Quest is still active.

What do?

Because then there'd be no threat from Griggo kidnapping your beloved, as pawns can't really die or be permanently harmed.

>tfw giving your pawn the arisen's bond instead of anyone else
>adventure with your pawn only, no one else
>chill around your home in Cassardis with your pawn in normal clothes, no armor or weapons
It's just not the same bros
It's just not the same.

You can't climb harpies, only ride them. It's useless. Just do jump attacks or shoot them with a bow.

if you don't mind i could make a quick VOD of my stream where i mess around with my pawns inclinations and stats on screen

>Pls no bully
I'm about to throw her at a dragon and you can't stop me.

shes under maintenance atm the moment and on mage. back to sorcerer before the nights end, i rerolled my main into hardmode.

why bully?

Because loli pawns deserve it.

Found Ahr in the wild

Thx. Another question: how do i make my mages give me a fire buff? They just do it some times.

It isn't exactly common to get 4 Drake's tears from one drake is it?

Call for help command, which shares function with many other things. Doing it out of battle should consistently make them buff you, but during combat they won't always listen.

Whoops. Sorry m8, she got deaded to death by Death until she died of it.

Ok so I have messed about with the "skill use" stat for a bit now:

first thing to note this stat seems to favor odd numbers i.e. if you set it to 500 it will reset to 498.5

This is with a Fighter and Warrior pawn
also reviewed the stat on some hired pawns from the community (didnt change the values on hired pawns)

Finding my main pawn had a low end skill use stat was surprising 293 at the time and my seconday pawn had 396

Fighter pawn:
293 a lot of core skill use very little shield use and seemed to use skills at only opportune times

498.5 a lot of skill use with some core skill usage perfect blocks where more prevalent
approached with shield at the ready when near enemy

998.5 very defensive shield at the ready most of the time more skill use than before but still used core skills perfect blocks or hindsight sweep used to mitigate most attacks

Warrior pawn:
396 seemed real well balanced used core skills and skills, and made some use of exodus slash

498.5 starts jumping to dodge attacks as if the vocation was supposed to have a core skill like dodge started mixing up attacks between skills and core skills more but does tend to favor corona slash

998.5 same issue with the jumping but now seems to have some sort of input reading now will walk out of the range of enemies attacks uses jump attacks a lot and core skill use nearly disappears

except Olra was a pawn who died and is now haunting an Arisen also by the name of Olra who looks eerily similar to her

you mean pickle?

clout, etc messes with your attack values.

take that into consideration when min-maxing. For example- the nails accessory will give +12 instead of +10
same with flame skirt etc

>tfw you will never have leapworm jelly smeared all over your body

So... What exactly am I supposed to do about this as a melee class?

Somebody got a level 40ish ranger pawn? Pawn list has only higher level ones.

Jump and grab onto him while spamming stamina cures or with a liquid vim active, then hit him in the face. If you miss your jump you die.

could help by not hiring vg pawns and throwing them in the fray instead taking it seriously ?

One, are they even Veeky Forums pawns? I just got them as random rift walk-ins.

Two, it's not like I just ordered them off from a distance. I booked it when he started the vortex to avoid getting sucked in.

>grace in a ocuple of hours but i have to sleep
help

There is a list-fag for a reason. Have you even read our vgs?

Chose wisely.

>help
Stop caring about grace. The equipment is worse than bbi stuff. If you need something dragonforged just kill a few cursed dragons. If you absolutely must have one of the masks for aesthetic reasons just add it to your inventory, no one should have to schedule their life around a game.

alright, sent back Jonathan and Ritz
Ritz was really amazing. used her skills effectively and rarely died.
Jonathan did pretty OK. he died pretty often but often used his skills. never saw him perfect block though. i'm assuming that's because of his lack of beastiary and having 3 shield skills. don't really have any advice other than to goldforge his gear asap and work on his beastiary. also drop his shield skills

wow, your a lot of fun.
maybe the dude just wants to get his equipment legit?

I killed the griffin the moment it landed.
Is there another way to open up the rest of bluemoon tower right now or do I have to wait for another quest?

Ok, let me rephrase. Your post, by saying "could help by not hiring vg pawns," implied that my problem was hiring Veeky Forums pawns, i.e. summoning for sekrit club reasons over function, whereas I was unaware that they were Veeky Forums pawns in the first place and simply hired the first pawns I found with 100% possession resist.

I'm well aware of the list, I'm just confused as to why you'd say hiring from it is a mistake, then give me the list anyway.
Further, looking at the list again, neither of them ever ARE Veeky Forums pawns, so in conclusion typing this was a waste of time and ur a faggit.

yeah just need the retarded white mask but I don't feel hooking it would be good
There has been like 3 grace periods today, I think

You have to wait I think.

It should be open now. If not, the Wyrmking's Ring quest will take you up there.

are you having issues?

pretty sure you have to wait until the Wyrmking quest

hook it, move on with your laifu

Grace soon, less then 1 health bar

>maybe the dude just wants to get his equipment legit?
Like it even matters when the pc grace dies in a single hit.

You will never open the full path until you go through newgame+ and allow the griffin to escape the first fight.

grace this grace that

dllinput your exp / respec

IF you have NG+ or have more than 100+ hrs in the game, then stop min maxing and just cheese it. This is NOT dark souls.

>min/maxing in doggo

Don't do that.

i was just trying to get my pawn back down to 199 cause when they turn 200 they tend to dissapear in the rift for some reason

You have to search 199 to find real 200s. Searching 200 only shows offline pawns.

Grace?

dll hook it dude everyone does it. put in level 116 click respect button... done.

and dont feel bad about it because the developers were fucking asshats for not EVER addressing the "level 200 pawn abyss" shits.

No regerts.

GRACE

fug
i think my Online Ur Dragon glitched out.
it won't respawn no matter how many times i rest at an inn.

Are you remembering to kill the 3 pawns?

G R A C E
R
A
C
E

the dragon spawns dead in the middle of the room every time i enter

That means you've already killed it for this grace, or at least the system thinks you did. Come back in half an hour.

what do you guys think about my fashion?

Meh.

Woops, I seem to be having the same problem. The corpse from the last grace is still there I guess.

take mask off

roll greybeard

bulk up one scale

then I will hire thee.

Fun facts looking at steam achivement stats:

Twelve percent of players never finished the prologue.
More people have defeated the Ur-Dragon than have dressed a dude in woman's clothing.
Less than one percent have finished a speed run.
More people have hit level 200 than have entered NG+
More people have beaten the game than entered the manse.

Could be good, but doesn't fit the actual character.

i'm not a fan of the boots
that face and mask combo don't really work

I want to make a thicc low level strider pawn but i got shit to do in the morning what should i do /DDG/?

Made it to the grace period!

and 99% of them received the DDDA dlc + DD humble bundle december monthly. Yet here you are what I will assume as complaining more players are active? Cherish it.

just do it tomorrow my dude
i'm worried about you

Uh, no? I'm not complaining, I'm just commenting on some weird trends. I mean, hitting 200 on your first playthrough? WHY.

fucking culinary GENIUS

make her now
we critique/fap and then you edit her later based on that

>this bromance

it leaves a very warm feeling in my heart
im kinda in a bad time too and this brought a smile to my face.

thanks duders

but i got to make another steam account I will make her tomorrow when i get home im already about to go to bed but she is gonna be sick see you all tomorrow

Daimon

Can't wait! 1 more into my collection

I just checked in on that guy who tracks the ur dragon on gamefaqs and this issue has apparently been going on for a few generations now. Grace should be over now but I still see a corpse. We may be bugged to never see the online ur dragon again.

he didn't ask how, but WHY

Is Capcom abandon the game?

does playing on console beforehand count

First time playing this game and I defeated Girgori and Daimon, when is a good time to go into New Game+?

Did you beat daimon twice

Only once

do it again

BBI changes after beating it the first time.

How hard am I going to get fucked in the ass? BBI was pretty tough first time through

how do you feel about seeing multiple living armors and eliminators ?