/srg/ Speedrunning Genera

AGDQ (Awesome Games Done Quick) is the main focus for now. This is a week-long speedrunning event for the thank fucking god it's almost over holy shit
Currently: God just kill this event
Next: No idea

Schedule: gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Stream: twitch/gamesdonequick

Useful speedrunning links:
speedrun.com/ - Has most, if not all records of runners doing certain games. Many runs have a recording so you can learn what the runners have done.

tasvideos.org/ - Tool-assisted speedruns. Shows how a game can be run in optimal conditions. These videos are usually useful for learning routes and certain techniques.

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch
charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12902
directrelief.org/2016/04/ten-of-the-best-charities-direct-relief-tops-charity-navigators-list/?gclid=CjwKEAiAtefDBRDTnbDnvM735xISJABlvGOvEcYX7Ipw4EKy4ymEre_ogSawnV0aFGx9tBH3BRhH6xoC1zrw_wcB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for typo in the title

second for based cfb

Third for shuttle

fucking jews i swear

Wow, what a week!

>not making the OP about the biggest burn of the entire event.
reeee

wait what the fuck happened that someone said to go jump in front of a shuttle

The last day has really redeemed this gdq

stand in front of the memes

Let's all give a round of applause for Mike. The real winner of this event for conning 2 Mil bucks right into his "sick recovery" fund.

Autist sperged out when he heard Waaah one too many times

has it? what's happened?

MECH UYAMA IS COMING FOR THAT ASS

Hey, so I don't come to these threads ever, but I make a good amount of money and kind of watched what just happened. I've heard about all the faggotry that GDQ makes people put up with, so I had an idea to take all of the banned/unwanted/"not welcome" from GDQ events and set up a separate, almost parody event to generate money for Autism Speaks. There'd be a bunch of games that normally can't be shown at an event, like Senran Kagura and Akiba's Trip and Leisure Suit Lary and Custer's Revenge and shit like that. And...I guess normal games too, if that's wanted.

Would anyone here be interested?
I'm serious please don't just post (you)s

NOOOOOOO PLZ NOT HER

nobody wants to kill autism though

can you make my ex love me again

The crowd was chanting Waluigi WAAAAAAAAAH and one of the commentators sperged out and said something along the line of "None of you fucks are funny, why don't you go back to Auschwiz and do society a favor"

wait wait wait what

I would be down. I suck though

autism speaks is actually a really shitty organization that abuse retarded kids.

>not dildos for africa
lame

that would be cool though

She sounds like tween male on helium

can you get me something that will stop me from crying myself to sleep every night because i am an awful excuse for a human being and my birth was a mistake

The crowd was braying the Waluigi wahhhhh constantly, despite one of the runners motioning for them to stop. cfb told them that if they wanted to cure cancer they should jump in front of a bus.

That would be awesome. If you have the vision and drive to make it happen, it would be great. Never as big as GDQ, but it would certainly fill a niche.

cfb told the autists in the crowd that if they want to prevent cancer they should stand in front of the shuttles out front that come every hour

That donation ticker is not stopping, we are fucking doing it lads!

webm or it didn't happened

>Your idea

We were literally talking about this a few threads ago, minus the autism speaks part.

But while Autism Speaks would be lulzy, the money should go to a charity that's not a scam.

what a god

how banned is he

the dark souls 3 runner distortion2 doesnt do gdq cause he says he can't control his language, im sure there are many more like that too. would be awesome

How? Distortion is pretty damn tame. I watch his stream all the time.

geez look at that ticker fly

ding dong bannu'd

I'll find another charity then. There's tons out there. We can do something sort of good while we piss off everyone at GDQ.

Who cares? I'm thinking of calling it "DQ'd From GDQ"

I have the vision, and I got a friend that's pretty close to the speed running community who (might) help me out. He used to run MMZ 3 or something.

There was that Windwaker player today who kept saying things too.

For all of you interested, I'm happy to take advice/suggestions. I'll tripfag myself with a few more (you)s

They didn't even wait until the end of the run.

>1,999,XXX

who was the girl doing donations for the WWHD run?

he drops f bombs and what not often enough, saying it once gets you kicked from gdq

oh hey it's uyama

he doesn't look very sick

oh hey mike

That's it? In all honesty he's probably the most family friendly stream I know on Twitch that doesn't go into full sellout/nazi mode.

ugh jewyama. 2m straight into his bank account

the idea is cute but making an event dedicated solely to "shit that's banned at GDQ" will kinda automatically discredit it and people would be afraid of going because they might get blacklisted for future GDQ events.

>ears ded
fucking RIP me

t.headphone user

>DQ'd From GDQ

Alt name: Banned Games Done Quick

get my what ready?

censorship is some gay shit

Uh, you know it's verifiable public information where the GDQ money goes, right?

oh hey it's megalovania for the 5th time

when's the fucking run tho

so how the fuck do you speedrun undertale

with determination
:^)

How do you speedrun literally any game

Hm, that's very true. And alarming. I'm not sure how many of the speedrun community comes to these threads, but I figure I'll occasionally post things here to see if interest staves or wanes.

I think Games Done Quick might be a registered trademark, but the acronym can't possibly be.

You do a normal playthrough but you don't talk to anyone you don't have to
There's no skips, no move tech, nothing

Great final run right? :^)

you don't, it's just a let's play

Donate to NRA.

He probably should've said a SiIvagunner joke, might have gotten away with it.
"This joke isn't funny, shoot yourself with a Coconut Gun."

you skip the dialogue

Ok, can somebody explain why were those retards doing a Waluigi impression if the race was Metroid?

its more random that way xD

what did cfb do

There's no reason other than it being a meme. The first time I heard it at a GDQ was a protomagical tranny run where it kept doing that during its shitty run of Super Mario Land 1.

autism

clips.twitch
.tv/gamesdonequick/CleverHerdSSSsss

wuppie?

Based FUCKING cfB

I did like 30 seconds of research. I'm thinking this:
charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12902

First of all, it's a charity for preventing prison rape.
Second off, >just

Just tossing it around.

Anyone got a list of banned runners?

It'll go to GDQ first so it's on record where the money went
THEN they'll give a chuck of it back out as a "Thank you for having us again GDQ"
That's where Uyama is getting his money or so I hear.

I think we should do Direct Relief.

directrelief.org/2016/04/ten-of-the-best-charities-direct-relief-tops-charity-navigators-list/?gclid=CjwKEAiAtefDBRDTnbDnvM735xISJABlvGOvEcYX7Ipw4EKy4ymEre_ogSawnV0aFGx9tBH3BRhH6xoC1zrw_wcB

>that cow

Prison rape happens in prison and it's mostly niggers who go to prison, so no point.
Donate to NRA or any other gun-promoting charity, seriously.

Are there even enough nonVN games "banned" from GDQ to fill up a whole week?

If you're seriously thinking of doing this, it should just be a weekend to start, then add days as interests increased.

>Donate to NRA or any other gun-promoting charity

Lol

I think one of the problems with a larger organization like that, that takes tons of donations and has a reputation to maintain, probably doesn't want to accept money off of a bunch of hateful, spiteful autists.

There are plenty of good charities out there.

Namefagging for now. Taking suggestions and advice for potential "Banned from GDQ" event, anything is welcome.

I'm beginning to think that might not be an awful idea.

So wait, people donated against the genocide run of this shitty game? Why? Isn't genocide the only challenging way to run undertale?

No, it'd definitely be just a weekend first, and most likely somewhere near San Francisco/Silicon Valley (where I live)

I don't think so. There was a donation incentive to do the genocide boss on top of this run.

>Namefagging

At least get a trip, you done faggot.

fine

jesus christ I get timed out for 600 seconds for saying "retarded"? Is this a meme?

i'm actually pretty nearby. I don't run any DING DONG BANNU games but I can be pretty problematic in the spirit of the event.

why did undertale get so popular

Memes and anyones shit computer can run it.

tumblr.com

I D K is everything a meme or nothing a meme
it's 2017 the rules have changed

1) it's actually good
2) it was boosted by fans of his other web content

It's not an awful idea at all and it will most likely filter out all the degenerate faggots and trannies because most of them are anti-gun.

you don't even fucking know yet, just wait. you'll see.

It's actually a pretty good game.

do you have a twitter or some way we can centralize news about the event if you start doing it seriously

i'm not from this general, but siglemic is cute (no homo)

How much of this money is really going to helping people?

>killing sans is losing
ffs I hate Undertale fans

I don't want people just yelling out "GAS THE KIKES" or anything like that, I just want something that doesn't ban people for talking like normal people do.

How about the ACLU? They'd be happy to make money from a bunch of people who are sick of getting banned for typing.

No, but I can easily make one. I don't think it's necessary yet, but I'm going to try to hang out in these threads as much as possible from now on to see if we can keep the interest up.

>no SM64 (the greatest speed game ever) runs this year
>but 10 hours of Undermeme