Darkest Dungeon General - /dadg/

The thread is struck. A blazing general is born!

>Neat little guide featuring team comp, how each class works, recommended trinkets etc
imgur.com/a/ptbSX

>Wiki containing everything you need/want to know about this game
darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Darkest_Dungeon_Wiki

Remind yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-the-crimson-court/
darkestdungeon.com/hamlet-for-the-holidays/
youtube.com/watch?v=CsW72KIOd8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Tfw you forget to loot with your Anti

Without mod support this game will eventually die.

Who is your favourite character and why?

Also should i do the DD missions with 4 max level antiquarians? I still need to get them leveled up first though.

Without TRUE endgame and more shit to do, then yeah this game will die out sadly

Good thing they're gonna add it in after the next patch.

Leper

Hits like a truck dude

>Who is your favourite character and why?
Shaggy. Super good and very versatile kit while having good camping skills. I also like the fact that he can attack with his steadfast dog
After Shaggy I think Abo, but I haven't used him that much. Need to level him up and upgrade his abilities
>Also should i do the DD missions with 4 max level antiquarians?
b-but why? do the passive on Antis stack? and I don't think you will be able to complete them running a pure anti comp

Jester
Looks cool, doesn't give a shit about anything, makes unfunny jokes.

Fuck, I wish we had more EEExDD crossovers
Looks fucking hilarious

quadruple antiquarians are only good for slumber party runs.

I almost wonder if I should just wait to try and implement my Doom Marine idea, but the patch is like 4 months away.
But then it might take me 4 months to complete the art because I'm both untalented and lazy and keep redoing stuff.

Tie between Abomination and Jester. Jester isn't heroic nor tragic or intimidating, he's nothing of that sort. He's sort of there on the sidelines, like the neutral character of the bunch is how I see him. He's there to play his guitar and land fucking killer Finale crits, and laugh about it.

Abomination for the opposite reasons really, he's tragic with a dash of heroic, because he becomes a total beast when transformed, and whenever he's done, reverts back to a crushed but kind spirited individual.

Oh and ignore the Arbalest stuff, that just for reference.

>dodge
>dodge
>dodge
>dodge
>dodge
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhh

>run into money issues
>check out what others do to make cash
>hurr spam new characters until you unlock everything
fucking lame, I wont do that.
are antiquarians any good for cash money?

Same here

yes.

get 4 and plow through level one dungeons by spamming stab.

>78% chance to hit
>Miss
>72%
>Miss
>64%
>Hit

You have got to be fucking with me.

I recommend taking a troupe of antiquarians on a Slumber Party run.
Take four of them, go on a long dungeon, and camp out the first room you find, twice in a row. Have all of them trinket scrounge each camp. Then, flee and abandon the quest.
Instant 8 trinkets (or 12,000-ish gold)

The Modding Patch isn't that far off. They said it's going to be after Radiant and before the DLC, and the DLC is going to be around April at the latest.

Use the Antiquarians for cash money. They're pretty decent units that can get stuff done and it can be a lot more pay out for far less grind.

>Houndmaster as Jimmy, dog is Plank
>Jester as Rolf

>+8 SPD on First Round
>+5 CRT on First Round
>-3 SPD after First Round

Is this shit good on P1 HWM?
I can just take another trinket which gives him =>3 SPD so it negates the negative effect of QDC.

MAKE
IT
HAPPEN

Also, do you know who did this edit? It looks pretty clean

What is your LEAST favorite dungeon? I fucking can't stand Weald.

>b-but why? do the passive on Antis stack? and I don't think you will be able to complete them running a pure anti comp

For FUN ofcourse. It seems like a good challenge.
The passives stack.

Not sure, searching for the source brings up nothing.

It's a good trinket for 1st position Jester as well.

Warrens because of all those piggies that either stun, stress and/or give aids.

Its HWM exclusive only though.

You guys have no idea how sad I am right now
overconfidence got to me

So are there specific areas that have better chances of dropping the heirlooms I want?

I need paintings now.

Oh nvm, im wrong

Ruins after a run where I ran into 5 Bone General and had multiple all party stuns.

Yeah so to answer your question: Yes it's good on Pos 1 HWM. The minus three speed effects him more than the Jester though so it's something to consider.

Every area has its own heirlooms, cant remember exact ones but you can always trade heirlooms in town if you are missing something.

I'm pretty sure they changed that pre-release. I think it used to be: Ruins=Busts, Weald=Portraits, "Warrens=Deeds and Cove=Crests.

>2nd room of long dungeon
>realize you forgot torches or shovels

Torches would suck if you had all light based Trinkets. Shovels would range between a concern to major issue depending on the dungeon. Weald and you might as well just abandon the run right there.

finally a general

The Cove and Warrens fucking suck to go to. I dread every experience through them.

Those cocksucking Mermen piss me the fuck off. Even in Apprentice does it feel like they do WAY too much damage.

>Play DD all day.
>Not a single red orb with any of my parties that'd be good at killing a shambler.
>Finally have one appear, only an OK setup for taking down the creature though.
>First couple of turns go fairly smooth, creature is marked and debuffed, losing a chunk of prot and eating critical sniper shots.
>Halfway through, start dealing minimum damage every hit and getting no crits.
>Clapperclaws have been ignored for a couple of turns, they're starting to get pretty buff.
>By the time the shambler is dead, everyone's gone from zero stress to afflicted, an inch away from death's door, and I've still got to find one more relic to leave the cove.
>No more wood for camping either.

My heroes kept heart attacking right and left after that, but thankfully the vestal I had kept people alive enough to finish the dungeon and leave.

I'm still just grinding out four parties that have nothing but specifically useful quirks in each of the four dungeons. What teams does /dark/ use for each zone? I've got */PD/Crusader/Hellion for the weald and Vestal/Vestal/Crusader/Crusader for the ruins, but I haven't messed with a group for the others.

The secret to dealing with them is knowing that they can only hit position 1+2 if they're in position 1+2 and 3+4 if they're in position 3+4. With that, you can greatly reduce the damage they deal with someone like the MAA guarding a target or simply stunning the ones that can hit vulnerable targets.

Also, their accuracy is somewhat poor compared to other enemies, so consider using a few solos from the jester or suppressing fire from the arbalest. A couple hits of that will drop their hit rate to less than half.

>main party levels up to three and now I cant do the remaining level 1 bosses anymore
oh well

Get to recruitin', boy. It isn't so bad consdering you now have a higher level team to grab some nice trinkets with, for your new units.

Is the Crimson Court getting any new classes? The Fanatic isn't recruitable, is he?

>sea maggot
thats clearly just a shitty snail

Fanatic is going to be a new boss that shows up when your characters contract Crimson Curse. No idea if he's going to be recruitable or stay dead or anything of that sort, but I doubt he'll end up being friendly. I've heard we're getting a new area and enemies with the DLC. I don't know if there will be new classes as they haven't officially stated much about it beyond The Fanatic, but they've said they want it to be big so I'm pretty confident we'll be getting a new class or two. Personally hoping they play with the Faith system more in the DLC so there's less downside to using the Abom regularly or just not using him or the three Faithful heroes.

>Shitty
>Can take a mace to the shell from an experienced soldier
Nigga those things are the Hercules of Snails.

hnng

[Antiquing intensifies]

damn gotta make this team comp work somehow

We're not sure yet. We know a bit about the DLC from these
darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-the-crimson-court/
darkestdungeon.com/hamlet-for-the-holidays/
Before that though we're getting new gameplay modes, balances, new Champion dungeon monsters, mod support and supposedly several other things. So a lot to look forward to in the next three months.

Does idle apply to all the heroes in the base including the ones in the tavern?

This game's OST is so amazing.

Hey, how would you guys list upgrades in order of most to least importance? Skills, Armor, Weapon?

Nope.

I think that town event specifically refers to heroes who aren't doing anything at all. So not even doing stress relief. Might be worth looking that up though, I don't know for sure.
Depends on the character I'd say, but I think it's either Weapons-Armor-Skills or Armor-Weapons-Skills. I think a case could be made for either and I've seen it done, I personally prefer Weapons-Armor-Skills because I run DPS parties a lot and the speed/damage/crit upgrades are imperative to that.

That depends on the characters.

I mostly go with armor and debuff skill first, especially stun.

The Final Battle is the best theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=CsW72KIOd8U

Nah nigga Cove Theme is where it's at.

>Veeky Forums
>Thread is dead

Yeah I dunno
I dont think theres enough people on Veeky Forums who play DD I guess

There are, the DD threads have been reaching up to 400+ replies, the problem is nobody uses Veeky Forums, and people for some reason don't typically like to frequent General threads from Veeky Forums, but /v/ is fine for them. Not quite sure why. Veeky Forums is the main board I use.

Or maybe they've already beaten the game and quit coz endgame is nonexistent at the moment.

Also, fuck the last boss. The last design was dumb.

Yeah it's kinda why we weren't sure if we wanted to move things over here or not. It didn't hurt to try it though.
I liked it personally, but I can see why some people wouldn't.

>2 Crusader 2 Vestal party

This is awesome. I wish named parties gave some sort of buff, even if it was a +scouting or -stress secondary perk, as opposed to a combat perk.

I like all the unique names they have for parties. I wish they had some more, but a 4 party combo of 15 different classes is a lot of combinations.

The holy party combos are really nice. The Faithful camping bonuses are fucking great from the Vestal.

I JUST figured this out as I took them camping for the first time. Holy fuck. I really hope they add future secondary traits akin to Religious in more expansions. People have been suggesting Necro or Vampire classes, would love to see camping and maybe even supportive skills that synergize with an Undead or Vampyr type classes. They really have something here with the Religious trait.

It has a lot of potential and could be developed into some really interesting party combination choices. Could add more depth to camping and classes.

Damn son you didn't know that was a thing? That's the bread and butter of the only Faithful party lineups. Especially that group double buff from the Vestal.

Veeky Forums is shit at doing what it's supposed to do. I've tried following different generals over the years and all i've ever found are stagnant groups of circlejerkers memeing around, bumping endlessly for no purpose and ignoring anyone trying to start an actual discussion. If the resident samefags are autistic enough you might even get report spammed because you triggered them in some way, like mentioning a mod they don't approve of or saying a certain character is bad.

/v/ is a better place to discuss games if you're lucky enough to not get immediately pushed in the archive by the countless shitposting. Keep this general up long enough and you'll see it devolve into a series of turningtides.gif and ancestor quotes used once an hour as page 10 bumps.

I fucking love running a paladin party (which I call them)
I usual lineup is PD - Vestal - Leper - Crusader

PD for buffs and backline control
Vestal for healing and debuffs to enemies
Leper for damage output
and Crusader for tanking and dealing a decent amount of damage alone to Unholy

>tfw you finally get Rabies
>on your antiquarian

This reminds me, +DMG modifiers don't apply to say Bleeds or Blights on like, Abom's acid or Bounty Hunter's bleed hook or anything, right? There's no way to increase the DoT damage they deal, aside from just leveling the skill up for some of them?

Is Rabies good? I usually just remove it asap as I value the ACC more

DMG mods don't change DoT damage; the only modifier that helps DoTs is any sort of +crit, because with a crit those sort of skills get an extra 2 turns of DoT applied.

For -10 ACC you get +15% damage. Almost invariably, this causes characters to hit a lot harder than normal, at the cost of some consistency. It's certainly the most beneficial of the diseases - if the only that's positive.

It's good until you reach R5 dungeons where you're gonna miss everything.

I would say this is a pretty good haul after a medium lvl 1 quest

how hard is it to make a custom class?
spritework, abilities, all of it

The sprite is probably the hardest. I tried it before but you have to fit a custom one into one of the original sprite's size, not to mention you don't see the actual border of each sprite.

The lighting is terrible too. It varies a lot depending on your torch level and looks really bad.

On the other hand, abilities are much easier. You just need to look up some of the original codes and edit them accordingly. I messed around with that once and make jester finale hit the entire formation with +99999% mod. Good times.

What the fuck is up with the CPU usage? My CPU is a bit broken and I try to avoid CPU heavy games but Darkest Dungeon takes it up to 90c.

I wish more people were into sprite art. I feel like it's such a forgotten art, so few people do it now.

I mean stuff in the vein of Darkest Dungeon, or Metal Slug, even though it's less detailed even stuff like Final Fantasy Tactics. If anyone is into any sort of sprites anymore, it's all pixeelated crap.

Just realized PD is a grill.

On day like 5 of owning the game I realized like half of the classes are chicks and half are dudes. Made me wonder if that was intentional or if it was just a matter of taste. I don't really want to know, so I'll choose to believe it was just a matter of taste, and they weren't trying to be like "GIRLS SHOULD BE REPRESENTED AS MUCH AS THE GUYS!" and all that bullshit. The one thing that made me wonder that though, was the PD. Because I automatically assumed it was a dude, because that's just how it is, the Plague Doctors in games are always male probably because the majority of them were probably male back in the day.

>cure blight/bleed
>double stun
>stun + shuffle + clear corpses
>blight stack destroy your enemies in two or three rounds
>can do bleed stack if necessary
She is the best girl and the best class in the game.

>tfw no pd comic

Goodnight /dadg/, I'll check your corpse in the morning.

Shit game Dead general

armor always first
this, but all of it is great

>he is too bad to succeed in turn based rpg with permanent death
inb4 you start screaming RNG you scrub lol

>his game gets called shit
>LMAO U SUC Git Gud
Kys

What do you guys think about trinkets that increase stress (like the heads)? I would use them a lot but now I feel like I can only use them with trinkets that counter the negative stress effect.

you being shit at the game doesn't make the game shit no matter how much you want an excuse for quitting you retard
go back to lol general or something

Try bringing a stress healer like Jester with you to negate the stress or follow your own advice.

Musketeer is cute! CUTE!