/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

manga edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>What is Friday the 13th?
a upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one
f13game.com/

>Official Wikis and sites
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game
deadbydaylight.com/
f13game.com/
lastyearthegame.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.3.1e)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

Nuke third worlders

Killers are cucks and faggots
Your lunge can't carry you much longer scrubs

Peer to peer was a mistake.

>Adrenaline rank 3
>Hope rank 3
>Sprint burst
>literally being the fastest nigga in the world
>Better stand in this pallet!
Deserved if I am to be completely honest.

>go to open door
>hear decloak nearby but don't see the wraith immediately
>go to pallet and stand for a sec to see if he pops out from the middle
>check inside and see him so drop pallet
>lag kicks in and I get fucked

Take your palletwarrior hateboner elsewhere. I was going for the sneak attack to give me the opportunity to sprint to the opposite side of the map where an open door was probably waiting for me.

Dear Iron Will 3 players: I can still hear your footsteps :^)

That's why I stand still unless I have to move. You don't need to move much to get to a spot the killer can't see for whatever reason. T-Rex bastards

>Removed the perk duping tutorial now that it's fixed

Good job user

Well this is not surprising.

Honestly I'm surprised that many people have the 100 hex totem breaks

I've not got a single hex totem yet

huh

It's because you haven't activated windows yet, user.

you also need to activate your almonds

>level 5 Jake
>iron will

Unhook

Calling it now, once they implement the ability for killers to reverse generator progress, survivorbabbys will complain about gen camping.

Actually one of the best ways to find a survivor, is when you know one is around a gen, you can't find him, so you leave it, and then go back to it whenever you feel they feel safe again to work on it. But it's done so rarely that they have yet to whine about gen camping.

there's like a milion and five guides on youtube how to make windows genuine, why

I only have 96 more hex totems to break. Those guys either have a friend that let them farm it or they just used SAM.

>hook a guy twice
>after that I down him and leave to chase others
>hook another guy
>exit gates open
>alright guess I'm protecting this kid
>twice they just unhook him while I'm standing behind waiting to get a free hit and throw him back on the hook
>omg camper campeerrrrrrr

and the usual stuff

Guy had like 30% hp left on the hook, but he couldn't help himself and wanted those unhook points while I'm standing right behind, not rev'ing and waiting to land the free hit.

+1 profile comment after that game

>tfw no salty profile comments

this should have been a defeat
they had 4 gens done and like 3 at 99% without me even seeing one of them
but one got hooked and then it all went to shit
'least i got adept nurse

Machine gun facecamp some P3 fag. ez pz

How long until the blood hunt ends?

step it up friend

tfw no qt minus rep gf

>Play a fair ass hill billy
>Always chainsaw away after hooking someone
>Don't even """patrol""" hooks just gennys
>Still get salt
You mori one guy for a quest and 5 dudes hop on your nuts. I even carry people who I think deserve it to hatches.

Why do killers get so salty when I sabotage their hooks and traps?
They all always run Agitation/Brutal Strength, Nurse's Calling, NOED, and Whispers, but have the nerve to criticize my build and play-style?

(you)

>Speed limiter+Begrimed chain
>Burn Asylum offering
>let everyone live
>Still get salt

Survivor mains are mentally ill my friend.

>trying to use devour hope
>totem spawns in the most obvious places
why is the totem mechanic so shit?

They should allow you to place them on the map just like a bear trap.

there are people in this day and age that think the hag is fine and it's the SWF fault whenever there's any sort of teamplay going on

nice game direction, right?

and it all came down to me being the only person hooked in the game after exit gates were open, and seeing how I had kindred, all of the survivors co-ordinated a proper save which led to everyone living

daily dose of claudettes

I don't even know how they should go about fixing her. Even if they made the Hag just as fast as the Trapper she would still be trash.

>Implying he doesn't have a point

Make her traps have collision by default.

>die in cancer
wow

make it so when you tele you can move right away but you still have to wait those few seconds to attack

what's wrong with any of those perks

These random ass scratch marks, literally losing whole gens to them. How is this balanced???

What's wrong with any of the survivor perks that killers bitch about?

It says at-least two were SWF, though. The hag is shit, but against low ranks they're all about the same.

Looks like premonition, sprint out of habit.

It was the pig

>Prestige
>We'll make it in the first blood web
Yass daddy.

>saboteur
until the next patch, which is ETA unknown, this perk permanently gimps the killers and the trapper even more so. the closest thing a killer has in comparison is dying light

>self-care
absolute bullshit perk. lets survivors be ballsy without fear of real consequences. bonus points if the survivor uses pallets as "safe zones" to heal themselves bit by bit in plain view of the killer.

>sprint burst
another bullshit perk because "haha you found me but oh you don't get to hit me!" a get out of jail free card. it has been nerfed recently and i think it's in a good spot but the perk will never not be annoying to deal with.

meanwhile:

>brutal strength
makes it so you don't take a year destroying a pallet, essential perk

>agitation
is this considered OP or something? i don't get how someone can bitch about agitation

>nurse's calling
got nerfed so survivors now have warning of the killer's terror radius and can stop healing.

>whispers
pretty strong but not always useful. triggers off of slugs, off of hooked victims, anything but rank 3 is useless, and it doesn't provide you with precise information regarding a survivor's location.

I would like a proper rework for meta perks, but I'm not sure frogs will ever do this.

i doubt sprint burst will see much change after its recent nerf

i do believe devs said they are nerfing self-care, they said this last year i want to say.

saboteur is being reworked to be a "clutch" perk so it won't be as gamebreaking but it'll still be obnoxious to deal with

Have they been banning bots? I haven't run into any lately.

I actually had a game yesterday where I was saboing a hook and a moyers came up to it to hook the survivor. While I was still saboing he frozen there in place for few seconds. When it finally skipped forward and hooked the person, I was still mid-sabo'ing and was wondering what would happen if I were to finish the sabo with a person on the hook, but had to flee from there.

Might still be stuck in infinite loading screens ayy.

Accidentally deleted a whole last sentence. Sabo being clutch will probably be about sabo'ing hooks to a state where you can destroy them just like you can throw down pallets ( doing it as the killer is carrying someoen to it ), but even if that ever happens they would repair 2 minutes later.

Why did he dropped his item? Is it "I give up" gesture or something?

just memes

>The game is balanced and that balance means that survivors must engage actively with the hiding mechanics if they are to have any hope of surviving
Quote from the art book. Really makes you think

what if SWF was limited to 2 people?

>all downed and hooked three times by a nurse that did not blink once at them

So everyone I've asked, steam reviews, even streamers, says to save my money and skip on buying this game. Only place I haven't asked is here. Although I'm probably just going to get the same answer.

How do the community and bugs affect the experience of the average player? Is the core gameplay enough to keep someone playing, or do the problems of the game just destroy any semblance of fun?

tia

Game is incredibly repetitive and any enjoyment you get out of it will quickly turn into frustration no matter what you play, buy and play it for 119 minutes if you want to have those beginning hours of fun and then refund it.

Whoops.

It has its moments, but even though I don't have much to do in general, I still play it regularly. Compared to everything out there, it's a fair price for the time I could spend playing it.

nearing 700h with buying only the base game

I'm fucking retarded when I write sometimes, I swear. They should've taken away my killer license months ago.

The core is actually pretty decent, very arcady and slightly more enjoyable if you immerse yourself into the scenario.

buy it on sale tho

Wraith is fun, I like his bong of death.

It's too bad you can't bong melodies now.

It's fun at low ranks, early play, but quickly becomes obnoxious. 'Should've played it during the free weekend a while back.

I've done that, when it happened the model for the survivor was floating, diagonally, like the item glitch. Static, but moved with the killers arm. It was funny to see them flopping around. 'Not sure if they were stuck like that, or it counted as wiggling free.

Holy crap these points, it would have taken me 4 survivor matches to gain this much.

And survivor cucks think its unfair and want it nerfed.

>they teabagged me at the exit despite not camping a single one of them
>constantly swarming onto me the moment I grabbed a guy
I could have gotten the other fully decked out guy if I had camped, maybe I should have done so.

Would it really break the game if pallets got the window treatment, where dropping too many in a certain time blocks you from dropping a third or fourth for a limited duration?

Got my first hate comment from a jake who rage quit second he got hooked

I don't want killer points nerfed, I want survivor points buffed instead.

They need to reduce the number on certain maps and not have the stun at the beginning of the animation.

What does it mean by "during a trial"?

canon slang for a match

That's what the game is.
"trials"

Survivors believe that if they survive they will eventually go free.

Oh, really? I thought it had something to do with the daily challenges. Thanks for clearing that up.

I killed my first glowing Claudette today. She ran from pallet to pallet slowly self-healing each time but eventually I got her with a really, REALLY bullshit lunge at a vaultable and somehow hit her despite her being well over it by the time I swung and I couldn't even see her in my screen. She must have been pretty mad, though she did have 17k points somehow. I wish I knew how to get so many points as a survivor without escaping, maybe she was the sole survivor that ever rescued anybody I hooked.

anything on the shrine look good?

adrenaline if you're pizza dwight

>2 people swf joins in
>Claudette named Elizabeth and Dwight named Elizabeth's defender
>uzip mori
>kill Elizabeth when dwight is looking at her

I have 99 hours in it and I really do love it majority of people who play this game seem to take it needlessly seriously which is a sure way to hate anything.

>2 sabo jakes load in
>I guess ill sabo too
>both sabo jakes get downed instantly, brought to the basement, and suicide immediately
>3rd person also downed quickly and disconnects when hooked
>hag harasses me about saboing at the end of the game even though the game was practically a 1v1 from the start

>not matter what I do I get found first
>Its a trapper who face games
>Its been like this 6 games straight.

>autistic legacy P3 meg taking down as many hooks as she can on fractured cowshit
>kill two of her teammates
>end up slugging her in a corner 3~ times and the other meg heals her back up
>always find them again and they scatter like roaches but i slug one or the other
>sabo meg has bled too much so i have to let her run around like a retard while the other meg bleeds on the ground
>finally synchronize the speeds at which their assholes are leaking and they both die 20 feet from the hatch
>"lol we made you our bitch"
>"u couldnt kill us for the longest time"

so this..............is the power.....................of brain damage....................

>tfw my 100 escapes achievement has been stuck at 65 for the past week

how is this even possible? the only consistent element is you

>how is this even possible?
Trapper is the most played killer?
Reset so all the bad killers are low rank again?

you mean, all the good killers?

>what meg could and should have been
>he got a troglodyte instead
The black character shouldn't be the most attractive

So good killers face camp?
You're retarded

ace is not black

*finger guns your prostate*

good killers recognize what's the most efficient killer

minus nurse, no amount of salt is rewarding enough to play nurse there are exceptions

>The black character shouldn't be the most attractive
I hope you're talking about the Wraith and not Claudette. Because Claudette is bloody ugly.

Thats fucking ugly too.