ASX Thread

Last one died

Other urls found in this thread:

asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/PLG
theaustralian.com.au/business/property/why-the-property-bubble-still-hasnt-burst/news-story/ded4577b1237d6a03dec3955113b8829
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WTF is IAM and why should I invest in it?

Is it just ozzie MGT with this Patrick Canion guy being the Dundee McAfee.

Holdings: 5k VAP 5k VAS 15k PLG

Just started investing 2 weeks ago, lol.

Bought 285 shares of Ingham's Group when it was $3.06.

How screwed is the ASX tomorrow following the GDP announcement?

Is this going to be a painful quarter?

well, here's the question you baited for:

why so much in PLG?

what broker do you guys use? is there a budget broker in aus that has access to the same markets as the full-price ones?

I didn't bait, srs? But,

- Very positive announcements since floating
- Juicey dividend on track in a couple of months
- Currently trading below its NVA

Net Asset Value. my bad

Never buy floats, most fail. I fucked up with Myer a few years back.

It's dipped alot, but I'm confident for the future. Will stay more critical of floats in the future doe.

Shill me on the stock user, am interested.

Need fundamentals though, give me the whole drill you had on them.

Reckon next year be a good time to buy a house? Hoping my shares will pick up so I can sell and use a a deposit.

I'm no shill, I'll leave that to the NEETs, but I'll give you a few points.

Basically Propertylink (PLG) owns industrial and commercial property. It's an Real Estate Investment Trust (RIET) that receive their revenue through rent but also management fees for the money they invest for other companies in real estate.

Go on their ASX page and look at the Clayton lease announcement, it has some really informative metrics on there and will kinda give you a feel of where the company is at the moment. Also read their other announcements.

As at 30th June 2016 their NAV (book value per share) was 0.75, it's been trading below that for quite some time so I just topped up my position in preparation for the 6 - 7% dividend they should be releasing in approximately March.

Definitely go read their Prospectus for more info.

I'm just split between FBR and NTI at the moment. They both seem very promising for the upcoming year. Thinking of buying into NOX, now that it's dipped back down after the NOX66 delivery to the brain announcement.

>As at 30th June 2016 their NAV (book value per share) was 0.75
can you pop me a link to their balance sheet.

also where did you get the info for the dividend.

I'll be reading myself through the ann's, but since you already did the research you'll help me speed up the process.

thx.

Yeah, everything is about to crash so you can wait for the housing dip and pay peanuts to get a house off some desperate chinese cunt.

asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/PLG

Read "Propertylink leading success at Clayton South"

Also their financial statements will be available in the Prospectus, just go to their website to get it.

What is the best aus broker for someone with ~10k?

Holdings: 50k IAM

>Myer

Yeah - retail is dead. Dick Smith was a similar story.

I think chicken is a more stable business and TPG is hoping to float other companies so ING needs to succeed.

What happened to media stocks though - holy cow. I remember when Seven West was $22.

>everything is about to crash
Im not doubting you as the housing market is clearly over inflated, but can you provide any reading material on this?
Ive saved up enough money for a deposit on a house, but hearing about a possible crash has me very wary.
Ive (attempted to) crunch some numbers and feel like it would be wiser to use the money I have for a deposit to invest (away from housing) and just rent instead. Would you agree?

theaustralian.com.au/business/property/why-the-property-bubble-still-hasnt-burst/news-story/ded4577b1237d6a03dec3955113b8829

Here's a really good story on it, basically the financial crisis the rest of the world went through a few years ago has finally caught up to us.

What price did you buy at?

anyone got any links, resources or must reads for a newlad in investing stock?

buffettsbooks.com

great place to start if you want to learn how to invest as opposed to trade

Got a g in ICG. Bought in early. Seems to be going well. Rest are half g bundles in pot stocks. Mdc is in good form. Mmj not so much. Fuck knows whats happening with TWH... anyone?

Any you lads got interest in these?

Investopedia - great starting point and reference material
Martin Shkreli: finance 101 - on youtube

my picks

ASX is doing well today.

Guess that GDP report didn't matter.

p
Prolly just Trump and his meme magic doing its thing

Anyone here know anything about HMO?
It seems promising, already has a pretty strong userbase, but I'm assuming it'll just die out like basically every new social media platform. IT did perform exceptionally well yesterday though.

gxy finally going up.

Just had a quick look, and it looks pretty promising. I reckon I'll get on board while its hot.

You think so? It's shooting up but I feel like because it has been people are going to start selling for quick profit soon.

You're wise to be cautious, and I'm only going off of initial first glances, but it looks to me like its getting ready for a break out. That, and it doesn't appear to be over-bought. Having said that, profit takers might swoop in in the last hour. I personally will wait until tomorrow before buying. I'll do a more in-depth research at that time. Short-term it looks good regardless, as they seem to have done a deal with Ford motors to have new cars outfitted with the tech.

What program are you using to generate that chart? I'm not familiar with it

Tradingview. It's free, but about 20 minutes delayed

Bit of egg on my face, I decided to buy early. It's down a bit now but hopefully it recovers by tomorrow/next week

IAM

Bought in at 6.5. Feels good man.

HSO

GXY

Remember that Galaxy were shorted to shit only 1 month ago and you could buy in @ 30.0c

It closed at 51.5 today.

well dun m8

Still holding.

As long as you do a shitload of research and half half a brain on your shoulders, this seems to work pretty well.

I'm glad I brought that last week when it was 4.20. Dunno to sell it or not now

You won't see gains again like this past couple weeks, but it has nowhere near hit its' peak. Good long hold if you don't need the funds for something else.

>ask the same question in every thread
>no one answers it

Just letting you know that you're a pack of cunts. I'd rather meme on US markets than lolsx

wat question was it?

Thinking the exact same - Ty for validation

What's the question mang

Good night Aussies. Good luck tomorrow.

FUCK I knew i should have bought GXY but I bought IAM instead. I guess its a win but I wish I had more disposable money ;_;

STOP BUYING MEME STOCKS AND BUY QUALITY SHIT

red pill me on the quality shit. Also should I dump in GXY today for a medium long hold?

IAM, give me a 10c before Xmas. Please

Vanguard ETF's, blue chip stocks with goat dividends, solid shit like that. Build your foundation then take on riskier shit like shit stocks thatare getting shilled here

wont this foundation take years to see good growth? I understand it's good to have these things, which I really don't.I have 10k in A2M and 70k in cash that's it should I stick some cash in ETFs? and use the rest on risky shit. Just after peoples opinions. Thanks cunts

just think about it like this mate, risk and reward are proportional. so if a stock can go up by more than 100% in X timeframe, it can go to $0.0000 per share in the X timeframe

If you want to double your money in 12 months be prepared to lose all of it within 12 months

and 80k is fucking nothing. you think thats a lot of money? (to me personally, yes it is) but in the context of the finance industry its nothing. I've met bankers from westpac in syd that earn $80k+ a month from div yields

do I say it was a lot of money it's what I have, pal and does it look like I am some dude in the industry haha fuck sake you seem like a real fuckwit.

Buy AX:GGG
Rare Earth project in Greenland, they recently got a cooperation with the chinks, also:
>Greenland Minerals recently received a Speculative Buy recommendation and a A$0.23 per share price target from Perth-broker RM Research, or more than three times the current valuation.

NEARMAPS OR SPOOKFISH ?

sorry, just got back from a very stressful 1970s spec lunch surrounded by pretentious fuck wits yesterday and have been shitting liquid due to some really sus kingfish we ate in circular quay

not good for the personality

NEA every time.. PIC RLEATED

Mate of mine says if spookfish takes off it would be worth it but ive heard NEA is probably better. Im fairly rook. Got about 7 grand to fuck with already have 3 grand invested. Wanna commit to something. Just not too sure yet

Spookfish and NEA are btoh fantastic companies. every US competitor is a piece of shit

I do think NEA is a better company thouhg.

this is not financial advise

I think NEA is better because it has more US presence and I feel US earnings are lucrative.

FBR yummy yummy!!! 32% up

Good call. Im in 500 bucks on spookfish. Would it be betting against myself to throw a couple grand in NEA? also really going for long term type of investing. Definitely not a same day trader.

yeh, they were 15c a month ago

That announcement! Funded through to 2018. Pretty good.

Sticking with IAM and MXC for now tho

EVERYONE BUY HMO RIGHT NOW ITS GONNA BLOW

Social Media? I don't see it.

GMC about to blow up I think

dont be such a fuckngi shill. that mentality will get you nowhere

Not trying to be a shill. Trading Halt requested...

I don't own any GMC. Hotcopper forums are all talk of some deal and new shareholder with more than 100m profit p.a. coming

sold gxy this morning.
bought in that whc dip and waiting till 3.20 to sell

looking at buying some RSG, seems under valued probs back at 2$ by feb tho

also feel the same way about FBR

i was thinking of opening a nab bank account and going with nab trade. currently with commbank atm but would rather reduce the cost of fees since ill be trading with less than 5k at a time

what do you guys think?

I would go for it if you are high-volume/small parcels. I stick with commsec because their trading platform is somewhat more reliable and I do fairly large parcels.

Is this thread specifically for ASX chat, or can we talk about other Aussie investments?

I know nothing about the mousing market (parents have never owned their own home) and would like to learn. Any resources you guys could show me would be appreciated

I want to move out of my parents place and Ive saved up enough money for a house deposit, but ive heard that now isnt a good time to be buying property, any input?

Bought at 3.3 few days ago. Asked around here about GMC beginning of the week but got nothing so went myself.

Real-estate is a meme, and if you have any sense about you you'll avoid it like the plague. Everybody wants to get on board real estate because they think its the easiest and safest bet for investment. Greed, fear of missing out, and massive foreign investment are driving this bubble, and when it eventually bursts it is going to crash hard. Everyone that owns a house is going to be sitting on an investment worth only a small fraction of what they originally paid for it.

JUST

IAM closed at 8.1c
The train has left the station. Next stop, 10c

M8...

So does this mean millenials will actually be able to afford a home now and they can stop complaining?

Lucky cunt

>mfw bought AAD (dreamworld) shares when it was 2.11
>mfw the next day it skyrocketed to 2.29
>mfw I was only papertrading

still, felt good. I'm having a lot of fun doing this. I have "shares" in CBA as well, and they're doing pretty nicely too.

I wish I had more desu. I also wish I bought in when I was shilling them on here back in April/ May!!!!!!!

real estate can wait. It's a highly illiquid form of investment so do what all smart cookies are doing and waiting. I've never owned any real estate and I'm 33 yrs old. I'm sorta keen to do so now mainly because prices are steadily deflating in Perth but really really want more than deflation when I do jump in.

Don't buy near apartment blocks or where apartment blocks are being proposed to be built unless its CBD area. These new sterile apartment blocks devalue the existing area.

My first place is going to be somewhere like Lathlain, Carlisle or Rivervale. Not that great areas currently but slated for development in the coming decades and no huge apartment blocks planned or already built(except for the great eastern hwy corridor in Rivervale).

To be honest I don't mind if I never buy a property in Australia. We are something like the 3rd most overvalued country to buy residential real estate in by a national average.

So you think its a bad idea to purchase a house now for both the purpose of living in or renting out.

So then I will have to rent. But what do I do with the money I have saved up?

I just want your opinion, Im not saying that im going to act one anything you say without a lot f research

yes, it's a bad idea.
Our housing market is one of the most overvalued and highly leveraged in the world.
The combined total of Australian's mortgages and credit cards makes it one of the most indebted nations worldwide (per capita, per individual).

Thankyou

Id love to learn more about this, but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?

Atleast you made $343.24 r-right?...heh

How the fuck are you so young and rich. What did you do?

Rich?
Im 21 and have 50K, none of it was given to me.
I just work and still live at home kek

>none of it was given to me.
>still live at home
um.

Lol, this.

Not that guy but don't most 20-24 year olds live at home still? I hardly see how letting your parents let you stay with them without paying rent while you're studying/getting on your feet career wise is a life of luxury and privilege but more just what most good parents do?

No. Not most.

Most parents are more than happy to keep you around and help their children out if: you are pleasant to live with, pull your weight, are saving money or studying.

Your parents probably kicked you out because you were a neet who did nothing around the house

No because they won't have a fucking job.

Lol, oh ok. That must be it. Cause you know I got kicked out and all?

Enjoy that bubble you're in

What are the chances it will actually continue going up, or even stay at 0.11 next week?