Hey Veeky Forums my brothers 1969 mustang boss 302 is running at about 220 degrees...

Hey Veeky Forums my brothers 1969 mustang boss 302 is running at about 220 degrees. What should the usual running temp be?

That sounds about right. Nominal operating temp for modern motor oil is right around 212f or 100c. Certain conditions (track use, repeated pulls) can increase that or decrease it (really cold ambient temperatures)

Let the motherfucker burn!

220 is fine. With a 1 bar rad cap on, water boils around 250F. If you're worried about it, try flushing out the cooling system to check for clogs or compromised flow.

>What should the usual running temp be?
About 220.

>302 is running at about 220 degrees
Good God Damn

Related, i got that Veeky Forums header with the flame clothes.

It should be running at the temp the thermostat is set for. Anything higher means either a radiator or airflow issue.

He had a leak in the radiator and it would start smoking at about 220.
We put some of the aluminum seal and its still getting to 220 but its not smoking or stalling. So we just wanted to make sure we'd be ok running it at 220

Bump

>Putting any kind of "magic in a bottle" shit in a 69 Mustang
>Busriding this hard

Well he's saving up for a new radiator right now. Just don't wanna have it sitting there.

its a Mustang

its not anything special

And its not that snake oil shit
Its a leak sealer

And its not that snake oil shit
Its a leak sealer

>220 is fine
Something will go relatively quickly. My money is on head gasket.

Nigger, go to a fucking junk yard and get one for $5.

>Getting a 1969 mustang rad out of a yard in 2017 for less than scrap.

Nigger, i might be able to still do that shit in central Texas on ocassion. But most people cant.

This
I've called around but I dont wanna have to drive all the way to LA to get one

did you give your gauge a couple taps? might be running lower

my 302 runs at 190 unless I'm hooning in the middle of summer or something.

In all fairness any radiator that's up to that size engine is better than putting snake oil in it to stop the leak.

>I've called around but I dont wanna have to drive all the way to LA to get one
To LA from where? It would very much be worth it rather than putting snake oil in.

If the leak isn't from a tank it can probably be repaired unless the core is so far gone that there's nothing left to repair.