/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: What's the Zelda Version of MAMMA MIA? Edition

This is a general for discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them.

Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/
Watch the Nintendo Switch Presentation Here: youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME
Watch the Nintendo Switch Treehouse Stream Here: youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI
Learn More about the Switch's Features here: nintendo.com/switch/

>Important News
「!」Nintendo says No Miiverse or Streetpass on the Switch: eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-13-streetpass-and-miiverse-wont-be-used-with-nintendo-switch
「!」Breath of the Wild Story Trailer and Release Date Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE
「!」Super Mario Odyssey Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=5kcdRBHM7kM
「!」Splatoon 2 Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=qN4w5D2tzME
「!」Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=tKlRN2YpxRE
「!」Fire Emblem Direct Coming Jan 18th: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819963941422059521
「!」Nintendo Switch to have paid online: polygon.com/2017/1/12/14057166/nintendo-switch-paid-online-service
「!」1-2 Switch Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=j7p47TOmicQ
「!」Arms Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=k7s3UB_8dFM
「!」Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=sJuiTw6nk7A
「!」Fire Emblem Warriors Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=POsTR5iy_TI
「!」Super Bomberman R Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=f98ZwgzYyig
「!」Puyo Puyo Tetris Coming to the Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4ia1-1CPs
「!」Sonic Mania Coming to the Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=LQ1SbHLXlH8

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/hWCftThw
Switch - pastebin.com/qaTmSZFt

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MIwOGDN3ptY
shin-megamitensei.jp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

T H I C C

First for wet Zelda.

Okay Ningen, here me out: I don't expect you to believe me (Because quite frankly neither do I) and its nowhere near a credible source, but hear me out here.

I had a dream last night, and it was one of those ultra realistic ones, nothing wonky, just a straight glimpse, and The dream was me sitting at my desk, browsing /v/, and i was half way through posting a paragraph long response to a thread titled "ITS FUCKING OVER" in all caps, The thread content was after a nintendo showcase, be it direct, E3, I dunno, but it was stickied, and people were screaming ">12.99" throughout it, which I assume was referring to the payment cost of the New nintendo service charges for online.

Now I know what you're thinking, but if you've ever had Deja vu, you know what I mean here. This was one of THOSE dreams. Example:

About 4 months ago i had a dream of me playing a game on a PS3 controler, I was a knight standing in what looked like a snowy cave, and was on skype talking to my friends, Well deja vu hits me just last week when I realize that exact same exchange goes on, only it's me playing Dark souls and standing in Seath's domain, which I had no prior knolwedge of until my brother leant me the game on new years.

Its one of those things you feel you have absolute faith in, but you can't really explain, so.. Screencap me if you want but I think this is truly a vision of things to come, it wouldn't eb the first one either.

The psychology behind Deja vu is utterly fascinating nonetheless, it's like future sight, but it's not. Yet we still see things we don't even know of, which is fucking nuts.

I screencapped it, we'll see.

I'm having a dejavu right now.
I swear I've seen that post before.

So how the hell are you supposed to charge the joycons if the grip that comes with the system doesn't charge them?

You reattach them to the tablet.

you shouldn't need to charge then while your playing. they last 20hrs. it's not as big of a deal as it seems unless you like to go on 24hr marathons

>they last 20hrs
Really?

that's what I read somewhere. I can't find any sources right now, though, so maybe I'm wrong...

Somebody convince Capcom to make Zack & Wiki 2 with HD Rumble.

Man, what the fuck.
Was it such an issue to reach 300 dollarydoos that they had to remove charging from the joycon grip?

I've been pondering what Nintendo's logic was behind the Switch and I think I figured it out:

>Our portables sell way better
>So let's make a portable and sell it at console price. We'll be rich!

It's kind of like how Democrats thought:
>People with college degrees make more money
>So let's give everyone a college degree and everyone will be wealthy!

Most likely scenario, right?

le sonic '06 funny memes

I hope Oddysey has better bosses than 3d land or 3d world

Wow what a bold and insightful claim.

I hope Odyssey is better than 3D Land and 3D world.

Not him, but i got the same vibes too from the trailer, and I actually unironically defend sonic 06 as a good game religiously.

3D world had bosses? I literally only remember that awful Meowser """Fight"""

sonic 06? this was sonic adventure in 1999. and it was a good game. not sure what meme youre talking about. nintendo revealing that they have a ridiculous mario in a "real human" world like sonic did in 1999 certainly isnt a meme. its just a really bad decision by nintendo.

I've been fighting the urge to preorder for 2 days now.

Sold my og3ds to get a nn3ds. No where around me will give up one for less than my testicles and the prices online are reaching switch prices so I'm done with it

I dont want to buy the prototype. It looks all around disgusting right now. I want a sexy white revision 2 bundled with smash.

I really hope it gets unreal support soon. I've been working on this forsaken project just for this

>Fighting the urge

Preorders are gone bro, they sold out of the last ones last night. You missed your shot.

>I want a sexy white revision

Not happening. Nintendo is only doing colored joycons on purpose strictly to sell them to people who want fancy colors.

>Unreal

Is this you?

youtube.com/watch?v=MIwOGDN3ptY

Well, how do you explain Germany and Japan then?

>still no SMT 3DS in either the news or pastebin
What the fuck are you doing?

Thread probably made by a new guy that just copy pastes stuff, don't worry I'll at least add it to the 3DS chart later today.

rly makes u think

>that tfw when you have the best taste in /nintendo general/

Has anyone encountered Error Code 118-0516 when trying to play Wii U online? if i don't fix this problem im probably not getting a switch lol. i've tried everything google gives me but nothing really works

>All that decent taste and then Xenonlade

I used it get it when I played too much. The console would overheat. Sometimes it's just unexplainable. Try again in an hour or something.

What is there to say? It's not on nintendo's youtube and we don't even know what it is exactly just "something SMT is coming to Switch btw not even exclusive"

its never worked, thats the problem.

But I can still do it at every gamestop around me

Not happening until version 2 you mean.
The money making potential is limitless now.

Faceplates were a mistake. Charging for different colors every season still dominates. I just hate waiting for the better colors to drop. Every fucking time.

Christ

I still wonder how people manage to visually downgrade their projects. We can hit 4 buttons in substance and Unreal and have something sexy on screen In minutes.

You can put it in the pastebin you fucking dumbass
You can also link shin-megamitensei.jp/ and say "Shin Megami Tensei 3DS Project confirmed"

Chose one

Switch3D
>No glasses 3D support on the go
>SimulView glasses support when docked

Or

SwitchVR
>VR capabilities.

or

SwitchARHoloSwitch
>Uses hologram tech to project game in your space of choice
>Cannot be removed from dock
>double the price.

Can I choose none instead?

It's at 2000+ characters

>remove old news in favor of up to date news
damn..........

Id love to play turn based games with a hologram switch.

You aren't getting any of them anyway so why not have some theoretical fun? Take the joycons out of your urethra and have some fun user.

I'm not sure what the third one is trying to be, so I pick the second one

What's the point of the "Special Courses" in Super Mario Run?

>why not have some theoretical fun?
Because those are all garbage, fuck off

Go ahead and call them then, let them tell you the bad news.

3D. Fuck nintendo for killing the 3D on the 3DS, whether or not people use, it the option for it should still exist.

I were looking for a video to describe what it is

It would basically project the game before you in 3D space using holograms.

This can be a thing anyway. It might limit gameplay in many games. but we could finally have hologram pokemon battles.

>Because those are all garbage
Yea because what we currently have isnt right?

You know you would take a Switch3D over a normal one user.

>Hey guys, like pokemon go? Wel now you can do the exact same thing as your shitty phone, but with even MORE limitations!

Fuck off. VR/AR is a meme

I did

No one wants it right now.besides the usual scalping fuckfaces around here. I can still pre order it at 3 different game stops.

>Undergrad college student thinks his shitty school project will make it onto the switch let alone steam

FUCKING KEK

I had this happen to me once as a kid, but the game I dreamed from the future was Barnyard

>Revision
You're retarded. This thing isn't going to sell well enough to even warrant such a thing.

I don't have as much time as I used to but I'd like to play occassionaly. Can someone recommend me some good shit? Something I can play from time to time.

Was looking into Fire Emblem but I can't really invest 60h right now.

i want backwards compatibility instead

You're retarded for bullying.

Even if it doesn't sell well they will make something new and I'll get my white system anyway. I just don't want this ugly thing in front of me

Just like they did with the Wii U right?

>Lets cram a disc slot into a cartridge based system for no reason and bloat!

Fuck you. Nintendo finally has a streamlined console after a decade of errors, Let the wii-Wii-U be its own thing and die with dignity.

Exactly!

sup

Living is a meme you fucking idiot.

I'm already giving up my prescious time and life force to play some stupid video games I've played for the last 15 fucking years. Chose a switch user.

I somewhat agree though.. AR is alright it has many other good uses. VR is currently glorified HMD shenanigans and it makes me sick but there are some games if feel would be great to play with AR and VR

Come on user. A 3D AR fighter could be kinda fun.

So is there really no joycon with a real fucking d-pad?

Perhaps 3rd parties will eventually release other add-ons, but for now no.

No, it wouldn't. People who like VR are fucking morons and anyone with half a brain wouldn't buy a Nintendo console at an inflated price for even more shit gimmicks.

this is a fucking horrible idea

Jesus fucking christ this is awful

>he doesn't want Gamecube-like joycons for the inevitable VC GCN games

this idea was a lot cooler before joycons cost 90 dollars.

JOYCONS COST 90 DOLLARS

Why would anyone want joycon anything when they own a gamecube controller itself? Make a fucking port device like they did for Wii U and piss off. Stupid shit like this is partly why the Wii was such a load of ass, make a controller and fucking use it.

So after a couple of years, I got my Gamecube working again and started playing Melee.
Holy hell I am crap
I can't even U-tilt or shorthop correctly.
Is there anything that can help me get the controls down or is it just keep trying?

wow, breath of the wild looks great!

Play a real fighting game

Jesus christ that's pathetic.

No

>People will buy a console to play this
>People will pay actual money for this
>People are going to defend this

>muh graphix

>e3 2016 build

>nintendo fans still pretending not to care about graphics

The people begging for a Mother 3 localization are getting even more annoying than F-Zero and Metroid fans

The people begging for anything are getting annoying, we should all start donating all of our money to Nintendo and buy all their games! They deserve it!

That looks fine to me. What am I missing

Newsflash: Nintendo makes toys for kids, Them doing this is absolute genius marketing and kids would buy this shit for every game. It'd be a new age of Tiger Electronics and collectibles.

Its not for sane money savvy adults like you, so fuck off.

there is a lot of pop in on this video of the alpha built of the wii u version. which is a thing that NEVER happens on pc, xbone, or ps4 and is thus unacceptable and makes the game bad.

>NEVER happens on pc, xbone, or ps4 and is thus unacceptable and makes the game bad.
>projecting
It's unacceptable no matter what console it's on you fucking teenager.

Wii U e3 build

Kids don't have 300 + 90 dollars for this shit pal.

False, doesn't happen on PS4 and PC because those are made by actual software and hardware designers who know what they're doing and are creating new levels of hardware that push the limits of current technology, instead of Nintendo where they sit on their asses for 2 years and then when the CEO asks them how the hardware is coming they go "Uhhhhhh oh here's an old Nivida card..."

What's the point of "Regular Courses" in Super Mario Run?

Nintendo fans in general are annoying. I used to be one until I saw the tasteless and rabid monsters they became in the 8th generation

>WAAAH GIVE US ZELDA ALREADY, WE HAVENT GOT A REAL ZELDA IN 5 YEARS, THOSE PORTS DONT COOOOUNT
>2D METROID OR ELSE, LETS WRITE A HATE LETTER TO IWATA ABOUT HOW MUCH WE HATE NINTENDO FOR FED FORCE ONE CONVIENIENT WEEK BEFORE HE DIED
>STARFOX ZERO IS WHAT WE ASKED FOR FOR YEARS, BUT ITS NOT RIGHT BECAUSE ITS NOT QUITE WHAT WE WANTED, NINTENDO IS SHIT
>THIS ISNT THOUSAND YEAR DOOR 2.0 YOU PROMISED US A DIRECT SEQUEL TO TTYD NINTENDO
>THESE NEW POKEMON SUCK GEN 1 FOREVER, REMAKE RBY ALREADY
>GIVE US NEW IPS NINTENDO WE'RE TIRED OF MARIO SHIT, BUT NOT THAT IP BECAUSE THAT IP IS ALSO SHIT
>SMASH 5 WHEEEEEN ITS BEEN 2 YEARS SAKURAI MAKE IT HAPPEN I WANT JAPAN TIME AGAIN

Etc.

Easily the worst most vocal fanbase on the planet. Sure all companies have them, but Nintendo's is so big that it just eclipses all of them, Even Sega's notorious sonic crowd is more tame then this these days.

Is there a recommended list for every nintendo console? Anyone have them?

managed to buy a collectors Zelda but my phones signal was gay as fuck so I couldn't get a Switch

if I camp out on release day with no pre-order do I still have a chance? also what store is less likely to be short stocked?

USA? Unlikely unless you get at the very front of a queue (since scalpers will be on that shit to then sell to desperate moms in the parking lot). I think I've heard that Walmart doesn't do pre-orders, so you could try there?

Unless they give more shipments before release I doubt you'll be able to get one without a pre-order short of being in the middle of nowhere. There are still some available at Gamestops depending on your location but I get the feeling they'll probably be pre-ordered by the 3rd.

I know you niggas play quite a lot come on help a fellow out.

>if I camp out on release day with no pre-order do I still have a chance?

Pfft no. They won't get more then the pre-ordered stock, have fun waiting a week or 2 for next shipment.

is this /r/splatoon

Lets be honest user. People who play video games at all are fucking morons.

If I'm wasting life on this I might as well have even more fun with it?

The fan base has been giving into gimmicks with inflated pricing since the GB micro. They even buy multiple consoles at full price just for cosmetic reasons. Why SWITCH things up now?

I was at the launch event in new York. The reason botw is at 900p and 30fps, according to the Nintendo workers there, is that it is the E3 build. They said that the build at launch for switch will be 1080p 60fps